Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Spoilers for 148 were leaked.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07bxFKkDN8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Am I wrong for feeling sexually attracted to Sora?

It's called being a faggot.

Honestly, when I first saw Sora I didn't know if he was a boy or girl, but my guess was girl because he looked so feminine. You could say I fell in love with Sora the first moment I saw Sora in the first ending

Nininana, plz.

I'll miss you, best ladyboy

At least I hope I can see you one more time in episode 145 and even beyond until the very end of ARC-V!

I wouldnt mind her being the final opponent.

At this point, given how shit things have become, I'd prefer Reiji just for the D/D shilling.

I mean she hasnt dueled in like forever, I rather see a duel between two friends that cant shut up about each other instead of something we've seen a handful of times.

And yet Yusei wouldn't give her his junk genes.

Who would be a better match for Sherry to produce the strong beautiful offspring a high class girl like her need to carry on the Leblanc name and secure the fortune.

Last episode was literally the worst. Seeing Yuya get BTFO so many times. Gongenzaka saving him even tho he said it wasn't like that. Same old Action Card tricks. BURN THIS SHOW YUYA IS LITERALLY THE WORST MC OF YUGIOH

Less than two weeks.

>best ladyboy
That's not Yuya.

This is a giant pussy.

Crow

What happened to my children's card game

Zoodiacs are dominating the meta, so if we don't get an Adjusted List, I don't recommend you playing for a while aside you build zoos or are a masochist

Did we get the 5Ds retrain monster? We've gotten Giga Rays, Mechanized Melee, Future Slash and Air Raid (representing DM, GX, ZeXal and Arc-V) so far.

LEAKS

Those two monsters alone look better than anything Arc-V shat through the whole show.

Shit taste confirmed.

I'am optimist in this new series mainly because
>The MC has a great design
>Has a great background
>New type of duels look cool
>Staff said they would push the limits of animation on TV

The fuck are you on about? The one in the back looks like Starve Venom's edgier cousin.

Also fuck you, Arc-V's monsters had great designs.

>Staff said they would push the limits of animation on TV
How can they do that when Arc-V manages to look worse more often than a Toei show like Applimon

by making the good animators work on YGO6 instead of the last episodes of Arc-V

>>Staff said they would push the limits of animation on TV
It's just gonna be Action Duels and Riding Duels all over again. They'll be interesting and mechanically neat for all of 5 episodes, then we'll be back to the standard formulaic bullshit for the remainder of the series.

>>Staff said they would push the limits of animation on TV
More 3D? More 3D.

That was because of the movie

Now that it's in a higher quality, I notice there's a bunch of elements of the DSOD Crystal Cloud Disks in here.

Is this Eureka 7? Are we playing Card Games on Airboards on The Grand Subconscious?

when was pendulum summoning announced?
when were the rule changes and the pendulum mechanics announced?

>Arc-V's monsters had great designs

Fucking lol. Yeah, those 400 big eyed colorful animals and generic x themed support to shit out character's ace monster sure where great.
Vanilla Rise Falcon was the only decent design in the whole series.

>D/D
>Furnimal
>Magicians
Those are my favorites but Arc-V had great monster designs.
Too bad they get buried because Yuya as the MC uses those ugly as fuck Entermates.
The best Entermates were the few ones at the start.

Is this supposed to be bait, or what?

Jan 15, 2014 is when they revealed how pendulum summoning works and I think they also revealed that the first player can't draw and both players can use field spells at the same time but that wasn't implemented until July.

When BBT ended production, the animation in 5D's normalized and got better overall.

When DSOD ended production, the animation in Arc-V stayed almost the same proportion of shit because the studios they outsource to (who do most of the episodes) continued to do shit work.

There are a few gems here and there like Rise Falcon and the DDD's, but fuck out of here with those generic ass supports that you can barely distinguish like the samurai, raid raptors, cipher, reds, etc.
And let's not talk about the abortions that are the Etermates.

I like Entermages.

The snek looks like a cyber 7 colored fish and the other thing looks like reflect bounders fucked up pet.

>Phantom Knights, Abyss Actors,C/C/C's, and Entermages, and others
>barely distinguishable

>not wanting the final duel to be all Yu's in a battle royal mode

>New series animated by Ufotable and Unlimited Blade Works budget

With how Arc-V sometimes looked, I gotta wonder if even DEEN wouldn't be a step up.

>tfw the last episode ends with them saying the action duel chant then fade to black ending the episode without seeing any conclusion of it.

Arc-V's multiplayer duels are, in my opinion generally bad so I definitely wouldn't want to see that.

After the Standard arc, ARC-V made Battle Royale's extremely boring.

At least Deen QUALITY would've been funnier to take the edge off

>Arc-V's monsters had great designs
Odd Eyes will forever go down as the worst looking ace monster of any protagonist ever.

I find it pretty sad when Yuma through time adapted and got better on his own even when he started out as a shitty duelist(which I found okay with). But with Yuya, he barely adapts unless the mess of the plot tells him too and even then he constantly gets in situations where he would lose but lol "ACTION CARD" to the rescue.

I never really liked Ufotable that much, especially recently. On a pure technical level their animators are really skilled and probably among the best in the industry, but the final product manages to be kind of boring to look at a lot of the time anyway.

This is in no way a defense of Yugioh's slapdash and poor consistency with animation quality

>Yuma through time adapted and got better on his own
He was still going full retard in Season 2. As shitty as Yuya is he still is better than Yuma.

I was going to make some analogy to another crappy main character being as bad as Yuma but I honestly couldn't think of any. Even early Sho was better.

I ship it.

I know I might get some flak for saying this, but I believe that Yuma was a shonen anime protagonist done right.
He started out weak and has done some stupid things in the beginning of the show, but other characters like Astral and Shark supported him through hard times.

Eventually he became reliable both mentally and in dueling, and he helped out the people who he interacted with, especially Shark, the Tenjo family, the Arclight family and some of the Barians as well.

You need to watch more shounen. But speaking relatively, Yuma hit the basic beats when it comes to typical shounen hero stories. Nothing exceptional and pretty predictable, but the basics are somewhat there. I can't tell if Yuya just stays stagnant or just waffles back and forth so hard it looks like he's stationary.

I wonder how he and the other characters would've been if Yoshiba wrote them. If going by the manga, he's done a better job than Ono.

Even when true that Yuma is without a doubt a dumbass, in fact that's pretty much one of the main reasons why Kotori even gets involved with the plot when she's not needed but you can't exactly say that he hasn't really adapted the slightest and was given genuine support from actual individuals he came across.

With Yuya, it's barely ever convincing with the constant EGAO and the fact he constantly crams his own ideals done peoples throats in a matter of seconds that makes anyone around him feel worthless.

And by all means I liked Yuya way more than Yuma when all the attention was barely on him and during Standard and a bit of Synchro he was shown having actual struggles and development. But then all of that becoming EGAO Messiah literally made all of that an afterthought and borderline ruined him.

>EGAO Messiah
The unquestioned best part about all of ArcV was when they first got to synchro and tried to Entertainment duel security.

Who looked at them with complete disgust the entire time.

At this point Yuya vs Yuzu is really the best way to end this shitfest, but it won't happen since that would mean Ono would have to actually connect a loose plot thread(Yuya's promise to duel Yuzu)

Final boss is, fuck it, I don't know, a Turd Monster that comes from Baby Reira's diaper

It feels like Yuya takes one step forward and two steps back as the story progressed, especially after the Synchro Dimension arc.
He does get stronger after each arc, but it doesn't feel like he became reliable at all.

I was really shocked that he was about to be beaten by that pirate in the Fusion Dimension arc, and I was really disappointed that he couldn't shake off Zarc's influence for the latter half of the arc.

Yuzu can't be the final duel because no one remembers what her deck is.

Honestly it should be the Reiji rematch since Yuya still has yet to beat him. Too bad they forgot to write any sort of motivation for the characters.

>Yuzu can't be the final duel because no one remembers what her deck is.

Pfft have you been watching the duel writing lately?

Knowing ono, he's probably going to make them hug one more time without a duel. Hell he probably won't even keep his promise as the last duel being a huge entame duel.

That's Ono for you. Make 8 episodes about getting Yuzu back but not having them duel, because god forbid we have entertaining duels in this show that just won't SHUT THE FUCK UP about entertaining duels

You might as well count all these random duels so far as a ceremonial quest. Hell would probably be better than being that Zarc Jobfest and ARC-V's Kaito who was boring as hell.

It's interesting. There's shows like Lost where it all falls apart after 5 seasons because there was no plan - with Arc-V it feels like it all fell apart because they got rid of some plans.

There was so much set-up, and flexibility in the writing. Remember how they canned Eita and made Fisherbro because of Eita's episodes being recieved poorly?

With Arc-V I think at some point the staff made a concious decision to say "fuck it."

>Yuzu can't be the final duel because no one remembers what her deck is.
Does anybody remember who ANYBODY'S decks are?

Then again, I totally remember when Tatsuya almost beat Reira using Deskbots. That was a close match.

>Zarc Jobfest
Good god that horseshit. The Supreme King Arc was only two goddamn duels but managed to be fucking awesome because some side character nigger guy slapped Judai's shit. With Arc-V though, we can't have that. No everyone has to lose to Zarc in painfully obvious ways until the heavily telegraphed savior saves the day.

Hey we just saw Gon and Sawatari got btfo against Zarc.

Last time Yuzu has held a card was her jobbing to Sergey like 2 years ago.

Gon is Pendulum
Dennis is Fusion
Shun is XYZ
Who's going to be the synchro duelist?
Who's

>Tatsuya
Abandoning his arc was in retrospect the beginning of the end since it was just flat out lazy. I do think it all goes back to Zappa Gou bailing. Not that Zappa Gou was writing ALL the interesting stuff, but that Zappa Gou bailed because the staff's internal process stagnated.

WELL YUZU COULDN'T DUEL AGAINST RANDOM THUGS

WE HAD TO CUT HER OUT SO ASUKA COULD DUEL, THEN NOT DUEL DENNIS FOR SOME WEIRD FUCKING REASON, AND THEN JUST FLAT OUT DIE TO YURI AND NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN

THANKS ARC-V

FANTASTIC USE OF THIS CHARACTER

HERE I THOUGHT XYZ WAS GONNA BE A WAR ZONE BUT IN FACT

IT WAS A PLACE TO GET STUPID LOOKING HEELIES

ARC-V's biggest problem stems from the director's laziness, favoritism, and incompetence as well as a header writer who doesn't even like the main subject of the series. Zappa Gou one of the writers who seemed like actually gave a care left after 29 no one predicted how terrible things would be.

You know it's bad when animators are concerned with where the hell the show is going as well as their choices of handling the voice actors(Yuzu/Serena and Yuya/Yuri being giftrapped to them but one was ignored for the sake of laziness and the other took too damn long as well as nothing but screaming).

Tatsuya had no arc to begin with. It was just a bunch of retards saying muh entermachines.

Yeah for all the terrible budget you'd think they'd use Yuzu and Serena more since the VA is good and works for dirt cheap.

She tagged with Sora against security. After that never dueled again even when she had a duel disk on her the whole time.

Yuzu probably would've lost considering she couldn't defeat security grunts by herself.

Yeah, I see the twitter accounts of some of the animators working on Arc-V, complaining about the environment they have to work in and it was a pretty sad sight.

>jobfest
If Zarc went down because the entire cast Zerg Rushed him, I'd be a little more receptive of that duel. It wouldn't be great, but fuck it's more tolerable when Zarc is taking noticeable losses from each person instead of him BTFO'ing everyone until someone pulls bigger bullshit than him.

Pffft if you think I'm going to view the Arc-V characters as people anymore you've got another thing coming. As far as I'm concerned everyone died in Standard and were replaced with robots who could only say EGAO

Who knows anyone could be anyone if the plot demands them too. Know knew Sawatari could come close to beating Yugo or even Zarc after getting his ass kicked offscreen by security.

Sawatari never had his Manjoume moment where he grew and started to become a respected duelist.

Gon never once got a moment to shine.

None of the Yuzus ever got any sort of anything.

Sora never had a real redemption arc, he just sort of showed up and said IM A GOOD GUY NOW SORRY FOR KILLING YOUR BROTHER.

Reiji dropped his muh serena and just stood around like a retard for 100 episodes.

Sexy fusion twins disappeared.
God damn now that I think about it, is Shun the only character who didn't get fucked over?

Shun did get dicked over, his butthole was used for Crow and Kaito constantly

Unlike previous series, ARC-V goes out of it's way to be so damn insulting and lazy with it's cast of characters that had potential of their own but converts them to mere chess pieces. Hell, the existence of Ray is the biggest and most irritating plot device of them all even tying with bracelet-kun(who we pretty much acknowledge wasn't really needed).

You know it's bad when Shun got shafted so much that he had to get an asspull(aka Ruri's subconscious) in order to get a mercy/pity win. That alone made Yugo's loss worthless and made Shun look even more wothless.

>Yugo's loss
Ah the one cool moment of Fusion THANK FUCK WE JUST DROPPED THAT BRAINWASH BUG PLOT WAIT WHY DID WE HAVE BRAINWASH BUGS WAIT WHY DIDN'T RIN JUST CARD YUGO THAT"S ALL SHE HAD TO DO TO STOP ZARC AND LEO KNEW THIS DID LEO JUST FORGET

>even tying with bracelet-kun
Why did Yuzu have a dimension warping bracelet yet none of the others had one?

Why was the professor carding people?

Why did the professor want to combine all the dimensions again? I thought his goal was to fuck his daughter.

>Why did Yuzu have a dimension warping bracelet yet none of the others had one?
Apparently 100% flowers is way more potent than wind, birds, and moon combined. For some reason.

What was the point of stopping the Professor if his plan was to just reunite the dimensions?

Why didn't Leo just tell Reiji what was going on? Keeping him in the dark literally just made things worse. There was NO REASON not to tell Reiji what was going on.

Why would Leo hire crazy psychotic Nazis? Why did Academia's entire education system employ a "survival of the fittest" death game where only one student would be left? Isn't that a huge waste of resources? Aren't these people literally trying to take on four other universes? Why didn't Leo just try to card Yuya to start, if he knew Yuya was part of Zarc and wanted to stop him?

youtube.com/watch?v=07bxFKkDN8g

I would have been more happy if her theme was sound/music "Music soothes the savage beasts" instead of flowers. But then again in who ever was responsible didn't know what to do leaving to the late info dump 126-127 as an easy way out.

Why didn't the professor lock Yuri in a room to keep him from fusing?

Why did he let Yuri run around like a retard in general?

Arc-V ain't about the ideas, it's about the execution. I've rarely seen a show that writes itself fuck up as bad as Arc-V out of sheer apathy

How come the Profesor never noticed Yuri, his right hand man, was a complete nutjob? It's not like Yuri was hiding it! What was the point of going to Synchro in the first place? Reiji spending twenty episodes buying a boat was ultimately more important than getting the aid of two guys from Synchro

In the end, it all stems with Leo not only being the worst/dumbest villain of Yugioh but he even makes Jean looks like a real credible villain.

Was there a reason Leo couldn't just make a back-up set of En cards? All he did the first time was point a machine at the moon and shit

There's really no forgiving Rin not carding Yugo. The funny thing is that you could even BS a way around that by having carding not work on Zarc, but nah, fuck that, we'll just order Rin back even though everything we need to do is there for the taking

>Child's card-game

I say the living condom that is Neos wins that. Utopia wins the blandness award and Odd Eyes wins the uggo award. I really hope Yusaku's ace looks good like Dark Magician and Stardust Dragon level good.

I disagree.
Almost all of Yuma's so called negative traits are present in Yuya to an even worse degree.
The only thing i can think off that Yuya doesnt have is Yuma being a dumbass, which is just a combination of him being bad at the game at the early episodes, as if the audience reboot wasnt obvious since he suddenly get better after that, and his energetic and never give up attitude which i guess isnt mature enough for the non-intended audience.

Why did the professor invade XYZ anyway? Just have Dennis infiltrate it until he found Ruri and kidnap her like he did.

What possible benefit was there for butchering a city full of people?

Hell whatever happened to hunting games? I thought they were going to be a big deal.

Why did he lock up all the Osiris Reds in prison?