Berserk

Just finished watching the new series and was a pretty wild ride. The OST is great, Guts is too amazing, and his sheer badassery makes the whole worth while. Question is, should I also watch the 1997 series and have a taste of what premiered back then? I've heard good reviews about the original sequence so I'm hoping I'll maybe enjoy it as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ6PDiP014
youtube.com/watch?v=weqvp2inoHo
youtube.com/watch?v=hdmSovWFhig
youtube.com/watch?v=w1o4O2SfQ5g
youtube.com/watch?v=0jiGOOBVxUk
kissanime.ru/Anime/Berserk-2016/Episode-005?id=128447
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut the fuck up goddamn faggot and read the manga

also google susumu hirasawa for background music for reading

CLANG*

What new series? There is no new series. You must be thinking of the movies.

Yeah, the movies were fairly good.

This
Reading berserk is the only way to truly enjoy it.

the 1997 anime is great, but you should really read the manga first.

You probably shouldn't have ever watched the new version, it's terrible. At least you've gotten into the Berserk franchise. The worst is behind you, only better things ahead now

Yes the 97's anime is one-of-a kind your in for a very real treat just wait until you watch the water fight

youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ6PDiP014

>CLANG

youtube.com/watch?v=weqvp2inoHo

See this really bakes my almonds,Guts NEVER got a single kill at any of the absolute monsters while inside the eclipse.

He was only saved by Skelly on a whim of chance

What? He slaughtered a lot of them with that horn.

What happened Sup Forums,you suddenly don't care about Berserk anymore?

youtube.com/watch?v=hdmSovWFhig

>watching Berserk
You're a fag, OP. Despite the fact the manga is now a piece of shit it's still worth reading up to the end of the Tower of Conviction arc (or whatever it's referred to, it's been years) if you can stomach the fact that a) you'll probably never see the manga finished and b) that it quickly turns to shit and becomes a directionless mess with none of the qualities that made it so entertaining before and also with shitty art.

bumping with music

youtube.com/watch?v=w1o4O2SfQ5g

I liked the new show too.
Did you watch the movies first?
Golden age.

"""early""" 2017

You read Berserk. Not watch it.

>Tower of Conviction
Is worst arc. It's just grimdark and edgy without much substance. Later Berserk and Lost Children deals with redemption, letting go and small acts of kindness in a dark world. Conviction is just shit.

Where are the BD rips?

*tsks at you in CG*

Let's get this over with...

*unsheathes frying pan*

kill yourself

>first few episodes
>same fucking sound effect plays every time Guts swings his sword

At least they finally got their shit together in the second half of the season or so.

youtube.com/watch?v=0jiGOOBVxUk

When is the next issue coming out? Will I be alive to see it?

The first clang was ok. The second clang was AMAZING. Then someone said "Hey! That's pretty good!" and we got shit like kissanime.ru/Anime/Berserk-2016/Episode-005?id=128447 20:03

Miura is pushing the chapters back to be released alongside the new anime. We got a short burst of chapters while the first season aired, and we'll get another burst when the second season airs.

Since the anime is a piece of shit, is there a good alternative? Like a mature fantasy theme with a lot of hard close combat and a great story? I just started Hai to Gensou no Grimgar and it is not really what I was looking for.