Did I miss something? I thought people were praising the shit out of it? I watched it...

Did I miss something? I thought people were praising the shit out of it? I watched it, and didn't feel like it was anything special. It was good, but not extraordinary. I liked the animation though.

Should I rewatch it? Because I feel like I'm missing something that others caught.What did you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
imdb.com/title/tt5784504/
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/
the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-surpasses-spirted-away-as-highest-grossing-film-in-japan/69666/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-tops-spirited-away-as-highest-grossing-anime-film-worldwide/.111141
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169311-Your-Name-Beats-Spirited-Away-in-Gross
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought just about the same. I thought it was great, had some good humor, beautiful visuals and themes, made me feel a bit, but it didn't feel anything spectacular. It was good, but it didn't blow any kind of boundaries for me. Still a good movie, though.

No, you're literally the only one who didn't like it. Thanks for blogging about your super controversial opinions.

No I agree with OP, its a good movie. But not so good that I would watch again.

The people were praising the shitty leaked version while all Shitai's movies have going for them is visuals. Also stop virtue signalling, because it makes you come of rather female.

No it's just a movie that appeals to normalfags. Same reason ghibli films are popular.

That's what a year of Keit-ai shitposts does to a person

It's certainly overrated, but not a bad movie by any means.

It's not some kind of high art masterpiece just a really good movie that has mainstream appeal and did extremely well commercially.

Already a thing.

Like all shinkai stuff, it is extremely over rated. Now even more so that his past stuff because it's actually decent.

What the devil!?

Keit-ai already has a TV Tropes page, so stop posting it.

EVERY
FUCKING
THREAD

>imdb.com/title/tt5784504/

Watch it in the cinema.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$331 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

There he is. There he goes again.

Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little keit-ai thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass so you just choose the picture. Oh we all know the picture, the uh epic flip phone isn’t it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother!

You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a shitty fanfic. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic keit-ai fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is “FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY.” You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.

And that's all you'll ever be.

>all these meme magic

This is the song they used as the actual Keit-Ai opening song (the one on YouTube is fake) actually came out back in 2012.

It became really popular, it was Top. 1 on many charts and was memed to hell and back before Keit-Ai even became a thing.

IT DIDN'T WIN AN OSCAR KEK

>People actually thought this rehashed garbage was better than anything from Ghibli

Already a thing.

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, a TV tropes entry, an anime preview, an anime episode, an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar considered, and a critically acclaimed box office success that's the highest grossing anime film of all time and approved by Shinzo Abe and Cool Japan, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/

It will always find a way.

Threadly reminder that Keit-ai is now the highest grossing anime film of all time.

>$331 million

the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-surpasses-spirted-away-as-highest-grossing-film-in-japan/69666/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-tops-spirited-away-as-highest-grossing-anime-film-worldwide/.111141
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169311-Your-Name-Beats-Spirited-Away-in-Gross
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html

>It was good, but not extraordinary

It would have been extraordinary if they had spent a longer time developing the main character's relationships with each other. Even though they wouldn't be able to meet in person they still could have had them find out who exactly each other was during the time they were body swapped and spoke to each other through their journals. They could have found out about each other's fears, hopes, and dreams and become closer because of it. But they opt for a quick montage instead.

Instead of living upside-down in a cave, why didn't they just wear lead shoes?

Oh wait this is Keit-Ai now.

t. miyazaki

>Also stop virtue signalling

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

>virtue signalling

Spamming Keit-Ai now confirmed to put you on the moral high ground.

#ResistMods

Doesn't help that was basically how it was in the novel as well but frankly if they had dragged it out it would have been less interesting.

That and their memories of the times they were body swapped weren't the best, particularly Taki's.

Important question.
They were both 17 when they were body swapping, which means she is three years older than him.
When Taki meets up with senpai for dinner it's five years after they went to Itomari and then there's another change of seasons before he meets Mitsuha (again) so that would make her 26 wouldn't it?

Christmas cake wins?

Already a thing.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$331 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

Am I literally the only person who doesn't understand this Keit-ai memeing?

See: knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/

I think it's overrated on Sup Forums.

Even Shinkai didn't think it was that good. Take off the rose tinted glasses and you'll see the movie as it is.

A good movie but not a Masterpiece.

Its good but I would rather the garden of words or 5cm per second had their endings animated.

It was Keit-ai as soon as the first promo poster was released.

How does it feel being a souless fag user

Personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It left a lingering emotion in me that made the movie more endearing with the more time separated from my viewing it. And I especially see how it could have easily resonated with the Japanese audience. Looking forward to watching it again when the BDs come out.

I dunno, user. Maybe you simply fell victim to the hype. That sort of thing happens all the time.

>could have easily resonated with the Japanese audience.
there are things in it that non japanese/asian wouldn't pick up on like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate
The natural disaster angle is an obvious one

>I do not like popular thing the post

Cool

Very nice eyecandy but the story and characters were your standard fare.

friendly reminder to read the spinoff LN too for full experience.

when there is a translation too read sure
I hope they adapt it into a series of shorts or something though

It's not about noticing these things as intentional thematic choices or not, it's about how they make you feel.

I lived in Japan for the 1st and 2nd anniversaries of 3/11, and like Americans with 9/11, there's really something about it that foreigners may not be able to tap into. Even on the latter anniversary, I remember a few people I worked with still crying. And I lived in Kansai.

unlikely cause Shinkai already had plan for the next project

>It was good, but not extraordinary
Ironically, this is precisely Shinkai's opinion. He himself is sick of being called "the next Miyazaki" and he himself wanted less people to watch Kimo No Na Wa because he felt it was rushed and incomplete (he said they'd run out of time and money before the movie was finished).

Perhaps this is in part Japanese modesty, perhaps it is in part his honest opinion about the movie. What I think though is that he's afraid of raising the expectations of his audience too high, which might result in him having to live in his own shadow. For a young director, that's horrible as it effectively means your wings are clipped and you'll always try to surpass that one movie everyone remembers you for. Maybe a bit like what happened with M. Night Shyamamalama-sama and Signs

>missing something that others caught
What the fuck are you talking about? It's not deep or anything. If you missed something you must have fucking fallen asleep during it.