Do i miss anything significant if i watch Kai over regular Z?

Do i miss anything significant if i watch Kai over regular Z?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WQANIjJLY2k
youtube.com/watch?v=BwrHGO7ljR0
youtube.com/watch?v=WeXUgF2qEuk
youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5rQsVK98M
youtube.com/watch?v=YyAEB8TPs1g
youtube.com/watch?v=srf6PIY_UHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>muh Bruce Faulconer

Otherwise no.

Kai is censured rushed shit and the dialogue is shittier. Watch Z.

Two dumb filler niggers in a Universe tournament in heaven.

Sound familiar?

The epic/memorables scenes of the franchise are rushed and dull in the kai version. You should watch DBZ instead.

Yes. You miss the best episode in the entire series.

let me guess is it the driving episode?

youtu.be/WQANIjJLY2k

Yeah, I really miss those 3 episode power-ups

Why would Chi-chi get chased by a wild boar? She should be more than a match for any animal.

Man I hate riddles.

This is something people who don't watch anime say.

Way better than kai. I remeber how the SSJ episode didn't had any emotion in it.

watch z subbed and use a filler guide.

>didn't had any emotion in it.

You're fucking retarded.

If you think

youtube.com/watch?v=BwrHGO7ljR0

Has more emotion than

youtube.com/watch?v=WeXUgF2qEuk

You have no idea what you're talking about.

>subbed
(you)

why does goku sound like shit in kai is that even schummel?

also the new gohan voice is absolute trash

If I ever feel like rewatching Z, I'm going the Kai route. The filler episodes, overlong powerups and staredowns, and constant cutting to bullshit like Mr. Satan during the Cell Games, or Bulma on Namek are a pain in the ass to skip through. I'll miss Faulconer's music during certain scenes, but whatever.

I noticed this specifically with Sabat voicing Vegeta and Piccolo, it's like age and their work has worn down their voices so it doesn't come as easy and natural as it used to back when they did Z and now they have to almost mimic their past voices.

If it's made after 2000, then it's shit. Even super included.

I did not realize until just now that Gohan and Luffy have the same dub voice actor.

The Spice Boys

Some of the greatest additions to Dragon Ball lore are gone due to the removal of filler, despite the filler being some of the best parts of DBZ.

Not every VA can be Dan Green.

Reminder Toriyama made this canonin the latest guide book.

(you)

This, Also Kai doesn't has the iconic DBZ theme song.

>pop goes the weasel!
Freeza is goddamn alien why does he know a human expression about an earth creature wtf immersion broken

>that omnipresent soundtrack
Jesus fuck, this is some 4kids tier shit

It was already canon, it was the cover page to two chapters in the manga.

Comparing original to Kai is like comparing Kai to Big Green

As an impartial third party not bound by nostalgia because I grew up with the spic dub, I can easily say that the original sounds fucking awful in just about every way. I haven't seen a lot of Kai but I don't see the problem with picking it over the original Funi version. Hell, I'd recommend the meme dub on Youtube over that shit.

>Some of the greatest additions to Dragon Ball lore are gone due to the removal of filler
What else besides Bardock?

Driving episode

They actually cut all the cute videl and gohan going to shcool scenes

Holy fuck, are American kids so retarded they need constant background sounds to keep attention?

Whoop de fucking do. I love that episode but nothing is lost. Anime filler contradicts a ton of stuff too, aside from the one episode it's not a big deal to do away with most of it

Bardock was never in filler you goof, he was in a TV special which is not necesarrily "filler".
Matter of fact Kai opens up with Bardock showing up.

>is a spic
Opinion dismissed.

Yes.

I meant the naked saiyan scene during the Frieza fight

>subfags getting austistic about Falcouner
At least don't pretend that this is the first time you're hearing it, no one's buying that.

It deserves to be called out each time it's brought up

You miss the episode where Goku and Piccolo go for their driver's license plus a lot of the grunting and screaming is cut down.

>not posting the superior version

youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5rQsVK98M

This is what I mean about being autistic. You faggots literally cannot contain your hatred for this dumb little thing, you need to have a sperg attack every time something with it is even mentioned.

Jesus Christ this music sounds like it belongs in a N64 collectathon.

>filler

case in point

What point?

God I miss ripped Goku, he used to be JACKED.

>LEAVE LE FAULCONER ALONE REEEEEEEEE

There is no reason to watch Kai over Z unless you don't have much free time and/or you just want to ketchup (which is a dumb reason desu)

That anti-Falcouner fags can't contain their autism.

(You)'re ruining the thread because you don't like the music in a dub, you look ridiculous.

which is it.
are you hurting for time or do you wanna binge?
that will decide for you

Why does everyone claim to love the driver's ed episode? It's not that fucking great. Is it just because it's one of the episodes that came on the VHS from Burger King back then, so there's some kind of nostalgic thing going on there?

The dub itself is awful without even getting into Faulconer, the VA work and script were all horrible. And they got rid of one of the best anime OPs of all time for some generic metal shit.

The pacing is better and it stays true to the original source material by cutting out unnecessary filler.
Besides that, the original does have qualities worth experiencing over the Kai.

watch kai if you want fast paced action that cuts to the chase and is less painful to watch

watch z if you prefer long loading times and infinitely better opening credits music

It's because it's such a weird premise for a DBZ episode, just the fact that those two characters are in that situation is hilarious.

It's one of the few episodes where the characters do things besides fighting and screaming.

Just a fun fish out of water situation, especially considering how their competitive spirits manifest. It's overblown for sure but the impromptu race and Piccolo's outfit make it memorable

Kai-fags: does any release of Kai use the original Japanese OST? I remember it having a different OST while it was airing, and people mentioned that the English dub has the Bruce F. version.

Ugh. I'm not even a Faulconerfag, but Head Cha-La is the most overrated anime song ever. The original Dragon Ball opening and Dragon Soul are so much better, but all anyone ever wants to talk about is Head fucking Cha-La.

If you're debating between the two, it would probably be better to watch Z, and just skip the filler manually.

The Japanese version of Kai has a redone soundtrack too. Faulconer has nothing to do with any release of it.

>Ugh
>>>/tumblr/

Oh, alright. Thanks for clearing that up

Agreed but We Gotta Power is the best one and Funi are faggots for replacing it.

If you're a dubfag, Kai, because it has way better voice acting.

Unless you're a Faulconerfag, of course.

>Dragon Soul better than Cha la
Fucking kill yourself, you contrarian cunt

I'm honestly surprised that there isn't some obsessed individual out there who hasn't edited a version of Kai with Faulconer music.

Dan Dan is actually one of my favorite theme songs of all time, even if I don't think it fits Dragon Ball very well, and I hate everything else about GT.

Posting the objective best DB song
youtube.com/watch?v=YyAEB8TPs1g

Are you fucking serious? I can't even say "ugh", a basic human utterance since we could stand on two feet, is "tumblr" now? How long until we can't speak English because that becomes a "tumblr language"?

Go fuck yourself. You try to be elitist so you can fit in, but can't actually find anything worthwhile to do it over, so you just go after the most inane bullshit. No one thinks you're cool and you're not fitting in, just like in real life. Maybe try just acting like a human being for once and you'll find that not being ostracized isn't something that you need to try super hard to do.

Please tell me if I said anymore tumblr words, I wasn't checking.

Say what you will about GT but it has my favorite OST of the entire franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=srf6PIY_UHE

There was but he got DMA'd.

*DMCA'd

>You try to be elitist so you can fit in
Says the guy decrying the most well known anime theme of all time

You'll get the same experience with Z unless you're watching it subbed.

I watched the latin american dub as a kid, It was uncensored and the dialogue was better than in Kai.

He's said at convention panels and the like that over time his voice has naturally deepened and it's become more difficult for him to distinguish the two, particularly if he isn't paying very careful attention, so in a long recording session, towards the end he'll start to sound more samey.

It was goddamn silly and a nice break from twenty minutes of power up grunting.

speaking of the driving ep, what number is it again?

Some manga scenes that were cut but that's about it

That is also in DBZ Kai. Bardock is also in the first episode of Kai.

like what?

I really want that shirt Piccolo has in that also works since I work in the post for now

>Piccolo smacked by the seatbelt
gets me every time.

Do you enjoy filler? That's the difference between the two.