Cryptocurrency Thread

So I've got 3.6 bitcoins and 95 litecoins. Planning on selling half my litecoins at $1000 and half my bitcoins at $60000. I've also go 50000 Digibyte, plan on selling all at $1 (fat chance). I'm all in on this shit, just flung my last $13k on litecoin a few hours ago at $296. My wall-street brother-in-law thinks I'm crazy and that this will all come crashing down. Any thoughts on crypto currencies.

I got 51 btc, noclue what to do with my life, everything's shit

Just bought today. Should have done it a couple months ago, at least. Keep going up, bubble, I need you!

If that's true, sell a bunch and take a vacation to the Philippines or Thailand. Or Ukraine. I used to travel alot, and my two favorite places were Ukraine and the Philippines.

Gimme one. I have only 0.1

>>>>>>>>>>>

I actually had 2.5 bitcoin left over from buying oxycontin a couple of years ago. It was around $500 than. The 95 Litecoins I bought at about $85 a few weeks ago and the 1 bitcoin I bought at the same time for around $12000. To think of the amount of BTC I spent on oxys and how much they would be worth today.......

Well I got a bike a few months back, trying to take up endurance sports, been a /fit/izen for 5 years now, helps me pass 3-6 hours a day

slim chance

congrats!

>sell a bunch...
>I need you!..
>I got 51 btc...
>Planning on selling...

ITT: Newfags didn't bother looking up 'how to cash out of crypto", and didn't realise you cant withdraw large sums from any exchange.

sell maybe 3-5 of them and fund some kind of business or personal intellectual endeavour. maybe you just need to get to know yourself a bit more before you come up with a "master plan", so to speak?

I imagine there are a few drug users/drug dealers who are now millionaires without even meaning to be. LOL

same I spent over 200 btc on 2cb, mdma, speed, lsd, ket, dob and speed
>tfw when it was 500 eur tops

old meme is getting tiresome, pls tell me how did I get an axefx and two guitars with no job or welfare

have 100k sitting in fiat to get me through 5-6 years of frugal life, either my btc stash makes me filthy rich or I have to straighten my life out

14iSLbzbWFjJhEMPUqNYQ2Yh4wVV64KLDS

Send 0.01 to someone who knows what to do.

Name a single exchange that lets you cash out more than 15k per week.

its ok, well all sit here waiting for your reply.

Isn't it being speculated heavily by wall street, thus driving the price up so they can drop it like its hot at their leisure?

I realize that. 15k per month is what coinbase allows. That's good enough for me. I'll cash out over several months. My dad also has an account, so there's no problem. For the bitcoin millionaire, there would be problems though.

bitstamp verified account, no limit

I had thousands of btc, have sold most off but I still have more than 1000 left. I can do what ever I want when ever I want and this is how I figured out that life sucks. I have no goals. What should I do? Help niggers? No thanks.

more than 1k? bs, sign a message

ahh well, you definitely need to get your life in order anyway. Looks like you already have a very comfortable nestegg to start with. Maybe start some kind of business or at least get into something you enjoy? Personally, I find it hard not to want to make things or provide services for people, so I think you are in really good shape to do something really cool. Just follow your dreams, dude!

Whats it like knowing that the second you have a chance to be just like (((them))) all you crypto fags jumped right on it? Is that irony?

Ethereum seems like a good bet, because its fundamentals are good.

Eth has risen more or less steadily since the launch. There has been some bad drops, usually as a response to bad contract-based applications making people lose their money (or to have them temporarily locked down), but the drops are becoming a lot less severe as people learn that these are application bugs and not protocol level issues, and that the dev teams seem to be one step ahead, and are good at dealing with issues as they come. the latest million dollar loss (due to a failed multi-sig wallet contract) barely changed the coin value at all.

That being said, there are issues. To be a bit more specific:

The most pressing issue is the difficulty of writing contracts that does not contain sneaky bugs (or are anywhere near provably correct), but there are several tools under development. Solidity has started integrating Z3 into its static analyzer, and other things. Viper will be a lot more simple to write and analyze, which will probably make newbie mistakes less likely. Then there are lower level stuff like a formal definition of the VM, and some changes to the instruction set which will make formal proofs of correctness easier.

When it comes to future issues like scaling etc: PoS, plasma (improved scaling) and SNARK integration all seems like good, well thought out solutions which is used by other blockchain systems as well, and it seems like most of the issues they come across can and will be resolved. These systems are gonna make the network faster and leaner, and will enable more advanced cryptography (both signatures and encryption) out-of-the-box (which is exactly what us devs want).

Again - Ethereum fundamentals are good, and has been since day one. Unless that changes all over sudden, for some reason, it should continue its long term upwards trajectory.

I got .45 Bitcoins, and 2.9 lite coins. I was about to buy $5000 worth of litecoins last night when it dipped to $265, now I'm kicking myself.

Your brother in law is correct on being skeptical on BTC, but not necessarily cryptocurrency generally.
BTC, in concept, is utterly brilliant - but its development was subverted around 2014 and most of the original developers slowly kicked out.
The takeover, de-facto headed by Blockstream (Gregory Maxwell, et al), had the intention of crippling BTC's initial intention of a World-wide currency and turning it into a "Store of Value" that maintains status as "King of Cryptocurrency" while killing its utility so as to not cut in on Visa/Mastercard's profits (Blockstream received $66M in funding from various banking firms and its investors include AXA - whose CEO is also chairman of the Bilderberg group).
The method by which they've done this is by limiting its blocksize to 1MB (which equates to roughly 3-7 transactions per second). Their justification of this is that increasing the blocksize more would lead to centralization because most internet connections apparently cannot handle 1MB every ten minutes - a bullshit excuse to anyone technically minded.
This doesn't mean it's a bad investment - for now. A "fork" (debatable) that follows the original scaling intention of Bitcoin launched August 1st that plans on scaling Bitcoin for World-wide adoption and Blockstream and other banking interests need to keep BTC's price above Bitcoin Cash's (BCH) price to preserve mining power on the BTC network, lest its transaction capacity becomes far less, leading to an exodus from BTC into BCH.
This may or may not happen. BTC's counter to this is the "Lightning Network" which was touted as being a decentralized (it isn't - it'll likely evolve into a hub-and-spoke network and subject to KYC regulations), off-chain solution that consolidates back onto the chain. This tech also isn't matured yet and hasn't been shown to work at scale.
That said, provided BTC and its investors can maintain their propaganda and prevent BCH from gaining Point-of-sale adoption, BTC could win out

being rich does not equal being (((them))).

> just set up coin base account
> waiting for a dip in lite/eth
> no fucking idea when to buy or really even wtf to do

How do I millionaire

Per week.

> m-muh SJW coin
don't mix money with ideology.

Hahha okay because you totally aren't trying to create a new 1% who will ultimately end up doing the exact same thing as (((them))) tell yourself whatever you need to you intellectually dishonest shit

Yeah, I don't even need the money myself. I have a VERY large and close family and everyone has good jobs/houses/kids except me. My sister (who I am very close with) already has a nice big basement set up for me when my parents die.

Buy a house first. Rent it out if you want.

Friendly reminder that Bitcoin/Crypto is essentially fiat despite what you tell yourselves and that there is an infinite amount, despite what you tell yourselves.

Yeah, sponsor a local team, sports, Games, Under privledged yoofs.

of course it's fiat, but it's not government owned

HAH you tell yourself what you need to. It's not the average fucker who has the ability to buy and manipulate large amounts of crypto.

>tfw you didn't get bitcoin years ago

Jump on that Tron train boys

TRX is going to the moon!

I put £100 in bitcoin today.
I feel like I have well and truly missed the hype train.

Same here, bought today at $296. I'm done buying (got 3k in a checking account, that's it). Waiting till $1000, or bust.

buy some ripples XRP got my self 320 XRP

you are gonna be broke if you don't sell right fucking now

My dream goal is to make enough money from cryptos so I can put it in the stock market and make roughly $50,000 a year from dividends. How retarded am I?

>create a new 1%
me? where would you get this idea? is this a new conspiracy?

you have 2 types of crypto

Sound crypto
and
(((crypto)))

Sound crypto is anything that permits you to invest in future tech. I called the bitcoin rise and as a consequence I can't complain
The bad crypto is pump and dump and all the shit coin that do not serve to advance technology

The smart money is in investing in potential tech, bad investment is chasing a buck.
t. Degree in applied math, not a genius, not saying crypto is the best shit ever but so far giving the small fry a chance to invest a fraction of a dollar to end up making way more than traditional savings bonds.

(((They))) push Globalism for cheap labor, pay politicians to do their bidding, fund propagabda on all fronts to push for the stupidification of entire global populations, and you think people in the crypto markets are trying to emulate this generational vampiric behavior why?

To every user bitching about having all this money and nothing to do with it send some my way. My mom's dying of cancer and I'd like to do some fun shit with her before she goes. I've got a decent job, but not good enough where I can afford to take a bunch of time off and do things with her.

BTC 1EBzbvuf4btkWnYvimS1oDLcYHziNivGWH

ETH 0x90D9DaaDE167a8fEeFA4b08db4c9A6Bc9e4fEfCd

LTC LhAKRRiQ2TXU6oqtXnTMYxkySdQnMDYRA7

I have 250 bitcoin, 1000 litecoin, 100 ethereum.

I bought bitcoin when it was around $2.00, litecoin when it was 25 cents each, ethereum when it was $10 each. Despite that I still live on a 60k yearly salary because I refuse to pay taxes on any crypto (it's not money) and haven't cashed any out to USD. I also don't hold any coins at any exchanges which are basically owned by the IRS now.

I think I'm going to move to Japan and retire there when I'm 30.

sent u .00000001 btc

Have some ETH and LTC, bought them back in spring before shit got too crazy...not enough to retire, but it'll be a nice chunk of cash if they really take off next year.

If I had BTC I'd start cashing out now to be safe; those exchanges are going to crack like glass if theres a run for fiat.

There was a guy on /biz/ a month back who bought ~60 bitcoins when they were cheap to spend on the Silk Road, then never did. Said he's been working as a grocery store clerk this whole time, and now he's sitting on 700k+

And what isn't fiat? I bought gold years ago at $600 an ounce, watched it jump to over $2000 and than stall for years. I've got 12 ounces sitting and gathering dust. It's just as useless as crypto.

oh newfriends, but 60 btc is not 700k anymore, it's well over a mil already

Btc 1Ha3Ss6wp5H4CcpnjufBzM96o2aGT6kDU5

Eth
0xDB2A667eb51416291Fa4a3e2dEddcF825FB5bE28

Ltc
LNiXUj3xEiAyfob8KCSnPkkJM1PFiziX3Z
Coin me im poor.

Hogwash. I got in way early and invested a great deal. Purchased a piece of neighboring land in two shakes of a lamb's tail. You really have to be retarded to buy into crypto without planing an exit plan or figuring out a way to cash out.

Thanks fellow user

At this point, how would you NOT pay taxes on crypto? Are you just hoping that crypto becomes a default currency option in the future?

i lied :)

physical gold is one thing, certificate gold is another.
Buying into crypto in the long run can be beneficial if you can predict where the market will go.
Now....seeing as nothing changed back in 2008...you can be sure 2018 will be either the same or a fucking deep horizon oil well type situation. Metals are smart...but investing in the tech that will have to replace the system when it comes tumbling down = genius level shit.

I am not saying all crypto is smart...BUT
smart contracts, blockchain and multisig transactions are the way of the future...it can only be!

In it for the long.
Don’t panic.

My transmission is done in my car, and I’m needing a new one.

Any help is appreciated .
1FCaTtPLGs4WA9phgrP1jMZBKz8AB7SKTJ

The kind of people that buy bitcoin are the same kind that believes in Hogwarts.

I literally blame facebook and JK Rowling for turning millennials retarded.

>he doesn't know about the litecoin wallet exploit

Such is life.

how did you get verified ?

Are you tha user whos family is against chemo?

>hits 6k
Muh bubble
>hits 10k
Muh bubble
>hits 15k
Muh bubble
>supported by chigacos futures market, crests towards 20k
Muh bubble

Seeing a pattern here

I created a new account on coinbase specifically for this post. It's empty and not linked to any bank accounts. I figured I'd deal with that's only if I actually got any money from anyone.

The sad thing is that I was prepared to invest heavily in BTC back when it was at $50 and again at $400, but chickened out remembering my experiences with gold.

why tf is it always leafs who seem butblsted about crypto currency's? I'll give you an advice since you're a fellow leaf buy 100$ worth of XRP (Riples) just do it again and don't ask a thing and thank me latter

Go ahead and try to cash them out. Go ahead. They literally give you 30c on the dollar for your coins. Your 15k worth of coins is worth like 7-8k at most.

My mom died from ovarian in july of this year. I know how it is user. Just spend as much time as you can with her. It doesnt matter what you do.

How do I just get my BTC with a standard debt card? I fucking went to NYC Union Square just to use a coinbase ATM and I still couldn't get "verified"

Hi I have 8 .14 bit coins. SHould I hold them, spend it or save it. HELP

Nah, my mom's been on and off chemo for six years now. Breast cancer. It's spread multiple times. It's now spread to her brain - too deep to get it out surgically. They're doing radiation and more chemo (starts in 3 days) but they told us that it's only a matter of time at this point. She's 58, so not super young but it's still way too early.

oo edgy

a leaf, who else could it be

>cash out over several months
and there it is
the fatal lozenge

GIMMMEEE URRR MONNEYYYYYYYY

rofl you coiners are so fucking stupid. You think the Jews are evil because they are jews? No they are evil because they are in control of the wealth. Once the money changes hands the blood goes with it, and the lust as well.

I haven't spent any crypto, I'm just holding it at the moment.

From what I've gathered many people send things they buy with Bitcoin to a digital/virtual mailing address that then forwards mail to their real address in an anonymous way. So nothing they purchase online can be traced back to them.

There's so many legal ways to get away with not paying taxes. It's all about looking for loopholes.

go /biz/. If I were you I'd put some money in LTC and XRP

I also have fucktons of silver, haven't even checked the price in ages. A few weeks ago my dad bought a 50-cent soda at wal-mart and when the change came out, I called out to my him, "one of those is a silver quarter". And I was right, haha.

That is where you are quite wrong my friend.
Read the whitepaper behind many of the new exciting tech coming out.

Think decentralized, peer to peer transactions tracked on a block chain and backed by smart contracts with mutlisig transactions.

Fucking anti-zog tech...I am creaming. What is about to come is investment from the smallest fish into the smartest tech you can find. When Quantum computers become the next evolution...we Star Trek baby...sounds retarded and simplified...but the times are changing and the old system must die. Bitcoin investment was the first wave....study crypto, read white papers, avoid the jew and profit in the next evolution.

You did not miss the train, you have SEEN the future. You are not fucked, you are now waking up to possibilities and it is NICCCCE

My mom was 55. Shit sucks

Uhhh, no.

>I've also go 50000 Digibyte

Thanks. She's been fighting for six years now and we've had a lot of ups and downs - every time we think we're out of the woods - bam - another met. Doesn't make it any easier. I'll be able to spend about a week with her for Christmas, so that'll be nice.

I was BS and wanted a photo id! God have too much money in bank to trust linking coinbase to my account

Goofy. Devil. Pretty sure I saw you on /biz/ an hour ago trying to spook people.

Fair. Stay strong user.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much

Are you talking about Iota? Because I just bought Iota.

Stories like this piss me the fuck off. I don't want to seem like a fucking asshole OR a piece of shit ...BUT alternative treatments exist.

>what is escrow

I am trying to get a house so I can make white babies, but don't have enough.

Can you send me some amount of bitcoin,you fellows ?i am in big need!

BTC:16a4Btt7fUPgv899WvpT3EhofjJgxdthEd

I've got 3.6 BTC too user. I've also got 200 ETH. Can't wait to be a millionaire before 30. Feels good

Like...?

What's the threshold. When do I become an evil jew, how rich do I need to be. My dad is a retired special education teacher (teaching niggers in NYC) and owns a dog kennel and breeds golden retrievers, and is a slight millionaire (1mil+ in savings, plus a 1mil+ property), my mom taught english in NYC to niggers who voted her best teacher for 5 years in a row despite the fact that she hates niggers. LOL

For example my friend has things he buys with BTC (Amazon, etc.) shipped to Oregon where there is no sales tax.

It than gets forwarded to his real address.

He saves thousands a year not having to pay sales tax.

He uses ViaBox.com