Meanwhile, at Cardfight Capital

Meanwhile, at Cardfight Capital...

*eats a card*

Best girl.

Should I get into this? How's the actual card game?
Why did it and other card games (like Duel Masters for example) never catch on?

The cardgame is fun but pretty expensive at first, also it's slowly catching on and it helps how the company actually gives a shit about it's players.

My man.

I haven't been keeping up, how's the latest season?

>how's the latest season?
Better than normal G, but worse than Stride Gate, but it really improves after a certain new character stops being a ragequitter faggot, also Shion is super smug now.

Only watch season 1 and maybe season 2.
The rest of the seasons are pretty garbage in comparison.
The game is fun and easy to follow, the first season does a really good job teaching the basics and card effects so you understand why certain strategies are cool in late season.
From what I understand, Vanguard was pretty popular when it first came out, it was easy to get into and it had really good and varied card art.
Ironically, the most unique thing about it was that the first season had minimal magical bullshit in it, just kids trying to win a big tournament.

Season 2 was shit. He should watch 1 and 3, Reverse arc was fucking silly but it has a lot of hype scenes and properly concludes the series. Asia Circuit was just a shitty retread of season 1 with way more obvious marketing episodes and virtually no stakes.

I place 3 trap cards face down
Your turn!

>maybe season 2
But user, that's the worst season, also G did a good job by returning to the initial formula of not magical bullshit and it became a slice of life cardgame show for like 30 episodes.

So is the new season just all fujobait? It looked like that from the initial teaser.

I mean, I liked Aichi/Kai but I don't know if I can do this one.

>So is the new season just all fujobait?
Not at all, if anything, G toned down that stuff a ton, also a popular theory is how Aichi was supposed to be a girl at first.

G was terrible, maybe even worse than AC.
I remember them straight up skipping big portions of duels every episode to shove in more SoL antics with the new bland main characters.
The only reason anyone kept watching was for those rare episodes with returning characters and to see new stride stock footage.

Yeah, that's how the first half was, but then it became good, I recall some people saying G was so much better watching it all without having to wait a week, good thing it improved.

Yeah I remember G being really bad in its first half. I barely remember anything that happened before they made Shion into an edgelord besides the Nagisa and Emi episodes. It was worth wading through that shit to see cake Misaki though.

This guy really should have been the main character of seasons 3 and 4.

Indeed, Naoki is truly best boy.

Miwa and Misaki are banging, right?

I'll give it a shot then, any other decent card games

With how Bushiroad has been handling their other games, Vanguard's end doesn't seem so far away.