Evangelion thread

Just watched the Evangelion Series and end of Eva a few days ago. Its been on my mind the whole time since. This is my first time actually watching any Anime series, and HOLY FUCK THIS WAS GOOD.

haven't seen rebuilds yet, will soon though; pls no spoilers for that.

Not spoiling but don't expect the Rebuilds to be mind-blowing for anything other than visuals. The themes that the series excelled at developing are cut down drastically in the movies. There are some interesting things still but as an avid Eva fan since it aired like a decade ago, the Rebuilds didn't live up to the original.

Still worth watching for A+ eye candy though.

thats alright with me. my friend that introduced me to it said all the character development isn't in the rebuilds but I'm ok with pure eye candy now that I know the characters and plot and whatnot.

nice bait 7/10 made me reply

how is that bait?

They also change the characters, since this isn't a sequel. Its like an AU.

The biggest flop in anime history.

Go tip your fedora elsewhere.

>flops so hard they make 4 movies on it

just cause it wasn't successful doesn't mean its bad; just look at every single cult movie ever made.

rebuilds arent bad until 3, which nothing new or interesting happens at all you should still watch it though

Watch Shin Godzilla

I second this. Watch all of anno's stuff 2bh. Gunbuster is rad, karekano is funny af, havent seen cutie honey but I have heard good things. And daicon 4 animations, its not all by anno but his cut in the second one is flat out inspiring considering it was an amateur passion project.

I actually did see Shin Godzilla before learning about eva. Gotta say I wasn't too thrilled with it, but I'm thinking of giving it a rewatch soon.

>karekano is funny af
Heard it was sad as fuck tho?

Nice, OP. I just finished it a few weeks ago. Ultimately I really enjoyed it but some parts of the show really bothered me. The recap episodes sucked, and the last two episodes were kind of hard to sit through because of how hard they were shoving the point of the series down your throat. I feel like the series was built on "show, don't tell" and the last two episodes kind of disregarded that, even if they were supposed to be self-reflection episodes with a bunch of monologues.

All is forgiven because of the masterpiece that is EoE, though. I can't stop listening to Komm Susser Tod, either.

My friend told me to skip the last 2 episodes and go straight to EoE. Tumbling down has been running through my head for days.

>This is my first time actually watching any Anime series
Lurk for two years before posting.

Everyone else, remember to sage and report.

Did you skip the last 2 episodes? I still think they're worth a watch despite being completely outclassed by EoE.

I did, but going to watch them now that I've seen EoE.
I could only contain my lurking for 2 months.

epic

There is sad themes to it for sure [its anno ffs] but alot of gags like pic related had me actually laughing out loud constantly.

>tfw I've watched everything I could find that anno was even remotely involved in
Guess I'll just go rewatch Love & Pop soon

Even the music