Hey anons, is there any hope the rust belt will retrurn to its former glory?

Hey anons, is there any hope the rust belt will retrurn to its former glory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUpidCc7wwY
youtube.com/watch?v=XDfbp5alBG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope. Rust belt is kill.

Not in the form of manufacturing jobs. After WWII, Detroit made like 90-95% of the world's cars. That dominance wasn't sustainable.

is that lump in pennsylvania supposed to be state college? cause that map sorta fucking misses it.

I don't think the rust belt is going to come back to its old roots. That's fantasy. JFK was even wandering around the rust belt back then promising the jobs would come back. They didn't.

One way of the future could be to become tech hubs, like Pittsburgh somewhat is.

No idea though. I'm mostly living in the rust belt now and it's bleak

To answer OP: Nope

Manufacturing as we know it is getting automated away. What are we going to do with it?

There's nothing inherently wrong with the rust belt other than a labor force out of a job, a lot of busted out old cities, and that it makes your car rusty.

In all other aspects, it's a brilliant place to start something new.

Only if there is some harsh tariffs and bans on imports imposed. With the only viable choice being Made in America, the manufacturing industry will return.

Congress could pass a law requiring US imports to have the same employment and safety standards as US-made goods. Won't happen, though.

>Indiana
>Glory anything

No.

I'd fucking hope so since my whole damn state is in it.
Ohio's been better, for sure, but I would say the state is on it's way up.
Thoughts any fellow Ohioans?

You will submit to pennsylvania rule

Sure, as soon as China & EU become engulfed in WW3.

Who here /NY Rust Belt/
Fuck buffalo

>Nope. Rust belt is kill.
Lies. Trump will fix it. Just wait and see.
He's going to make America great again™.

I have occasionally thought about using my pocket change to buy a few blocks of empty buildings in Utica, but I don't really have a plan for what to do with them an NY laws suck anyway, do I'm still somewhere else innawoods.

Nope.

Mining: dead.
Logging: dead.
Fishing: dead.
Manufacturing: dead

No copper left in Michigan. The oil is gone, or all the natural gas is burned off so they can't reach it. All the factories are closed down with the equipment long since sold for scrap, and the building remains being stripped to be sold to the Chinese as scrap.

It's a depleted area. A wasteland that will never recover. Sure you might get some hipsters from NYC/LA or some major Midwest nobody town doing app development on shit nobody cares about/wants. But its only trust fund kids pretending to be 'authentic' by living there.

So long Midwest. So long bologna and mayo sandwiches. So long rivers that catch fire. So long dead main street. So long abandoned houses. So long industry.

So long.

Still has water. Too bad it's being drained off under your noses.

Honda and BMW open plants in the US to getg around it. Sure workers are paid 1/4 what they would've made had it been Ford or GM in the 60s, and all the money basically flows back to Germany and Japan. But hey it keeps the working man alive.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=JUpidCc7wwY

Oswego the rust belt terminus

Whens the last time white people did something truly crazy to the point of risking extinction?

They should build things that go to space. It's super inefficient right now, but they'd be ahead of the curve, and are mostly sitting around/ doing service industry shit that isn't making anyone any real money anyway.

We all get super hopped up on amphetamines and just start building/testing rocket parts. Really push the envelope, find funding by starting wars with failed nations and raiding their natural resources type of shit. Fuck it, anything and everything to even have a 10% chance of colonizing mars. We gotta think like early vikings that couldn't make any more money on their shitty lands.

Make it a destiny thing, the amount of lives wasted and lost doesn't matter, just send our people into the vacuum of space in an attempt to mine the astroid belt, start colonies and make the next leap forward in human history.

However crazy it sounds, it better than going out with a needle hanging out of our arms and leaving our kids in massive debt.

>do heroin
>or ignite wars in 3rd world countries to fund a stateless, ragtag group of white people to launch (spam) themselves into space until they land on a rock they don't instantly die on
maybe
just maybe, hear me out
there's a third option

haha. I love this website.

Niggers tongue my anus

Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburg are the only former rust belt cities that actually have potential. I don’t know much about PA but the rest of Ohio is pretty shitty. I mean Youngstown might be one of the most depressing cities in America.

kiss my ass you rootless faggot, go live with the spics

holy mother of christ can we please stop spamming this image. How does the midwest get damaged by an earthquake, but the west coast doesn't? how is pushing down the columbia river (FUCKING AMBUSH ALLEY as captain spastic america would say) a legitimate strategy? how the fuck do they just appear in philadelphia, when they totally would get annihalated in the harbor? pls delete this image to ensure you'll never accidentally post it again

Medical technology advancements that are somewhat happening in this area seem promising I think.

>One way of the future could be to become tech hubs, like Pittsburgh somewhat is.

that would work but you need jobs for blue collar people too

Oh, I'm sorry. I just like posting that image.

Besides, it's the direct word of God through one of his prophets so you better watch your motherfucking mouth/hands/typing KEKBOY.
May judgement be upon ye.

On a more serious note, I've worked in Ohio for a month a few years ago. Nice people, but a lot of unions, and a lot of standing around on jobsites. Really, a different culture than south dakota. Here, we just do things, report as little income as possible, and are generally left alone.

What, in your opinion, would be a good way to start a business in the area without getting totally buttfucked by regulations?
Manufacturing:
>Energy infrastructure
>Arms, military hardware/software
>Medical/pharmaceutical manufacturing

I can't for the life of me think outside the box of building shit. It's what the people there want to do, it seems, but don't have the market for it. The only things I can think of at the moment are artificial markets. Without a drastic change to the world economy, the rust belt will remain a net loss on the US economy.

Everyone should watch this vid if only to feel the enthusiasm of God's Chosen.
youtube.com/watch?v=XDfbp5alBG8

>Whens the last time white people did something truly crazy to the point of risking extinction?

electing Trump

If it was dead by 1965 then why are we even talking about this

>Really, a different culture than south dakota.

they're called Reagan Democrats for a reason

ur fig newton ass better listen to my word right this instance because upon seeing that HOMOSEXUAL invasion plan of the US, I develop a rage in my soul even god cannot abate. everything on the map, from the random ass safe zone in north dakota, to the confused enemy invasion of new england, to the misspelling of pittsburgH, makes me think that a fucking blind person was given a marker and allowed to attack a map of our mighty united states.

I do not have hatred against my brother men on this issue though. I only wish for the wretched curse of disability leave the image's author, and for the image's author to be granted the gifts of sight and basic neural functioning

but protectionism can go bad real quick

....UH OH
I don't like your tone and I don't think The Most High does either. I'd advise you repent right this minute before I read the rest of your message.

WW3 prophesies are cool, don't hate. Babylon WILL burn.

yeah, that's what I think about when it comes to modernizing the rust belt

if amazon moves in to the rust belt, they're not going to bring blue collar jobs. I believe they said the second HQ would have an average salary of 100k. that's all white collar

Rust belt is dead. Time to reeducate and help the people whose jobs are outdated.

Fracking? Mole people? All are on the table.

I always believed my state was mostly on the democrat side, at least for the legislative branch considering the massive farm subsidies we milk of the the rest of the country (seeing the tea party rallies decades ago was a hoot.) We can't get any real manufacturing jobs here either, nor for the rest of the country for that matter I gather.

The answer is war, a genuine 'I am taking all your wealth and homesteading your land' war. But lebenstraum is a risky political move, that is, until we face an instance where the US can't kick the can down the road and is forced with defaulting on part of its debt, in which case a fight for resources may be on the voter's mind.

NUKE
U
K
E
IT

Yes in 2018 following the signing of the new tax reform law. 21% corporate rate and lower rate for pass throughs

Mrth doesnt give you the ability to do cutting edge engineering. Why not build a big wall and start the ethnostate

The rust belt has already replaced 'some' of those jobs in tech and services. There still is a higher amount manufacturing here though, and its a close second to the south for opening up new manufacturing I believe. Not all is lost. Except the inner cities, those are kill. F

tell the Most High to 1v1 me Rust intervention only no chopper gunner

add me: RustBelTrEALItea

babylon cannot burn, not as long as the might great lakes exist

No.
Move to Texas for a job

show clownpenis and dox mods

Not to it's former glory, but things will improve.

>tfw rust belt

it sucks for opportunity but at least the winters and autumns here are max comfy

motherfucking megalon better be underneath the rust belt's crust to cause an earthquake that big

midwest winter? comfy? kys im freezing my dick off

Honestly those questions are way too deep for my knowledge base. Someone suggested expansions in medicine will help a lot and I can definitely see its effects improving things slightly in my part of the belt

well with amazon, Im sure they'll have some spike in blue collar jobs (minimum at best). Like if they move the packaging and shipping stuff there too

It's tough rn and Trump is trying his best (also why he won many Dems) but with automation its going to get insanely worse. I really dont know how to rectify the situation.

In the end, we're just winging it based off the success/failures of previous attempts. The institutional knowledge required for space exploration needs some sort of enhancement, if not to make production more efficient, than at least to bring some sort of joy in the interim years of busting your ass for little results. I doubt the initial trappers and explorers of the ohio river valley could function without getting extremely boozed up every once in a while. Meth, for all its horror, is better than opioids in that it gets off the couch.

Kill all the niggers and spics and get rid of all unnecessary regulation and it will blossom again.

Well, if you look at the economy of Ohio on Wikipedia, arms production and healthcare are already major sectors. Energy production in Utica shale is kill for now as a major growth industry because of prices, but that could change quick. The wiki is alittle out of date though.

I was thinking more along the lines for the infrastructure side of energy production. Be the guys who built the ships, pipes, wires, etc to get that suff moving to markets around the world. Alberta and the frozen parts of the US aren't in the position to truly capitalize due to the distances and population base.

Of course, I want to see the middle east waste all their reserves and crash and burn when they try to extricate themselves from oil first before we have our retribution.

Yeah, I remember following the shale boom here, and some major mid-stream and up-stream projects were being considered and there was excitement about all the chemical and steel casing plants being built here. The big ones were nixed. Only a few medium sized plants as of now. But yeah only if the prices go up. 143,000 jobs were expected at one time with my quick google search.

Well, I wish your community the best. I'm passing out now.

Yes. John Michael Greer says old Midwest will be most prosperous part of future America, due to peak oil and the Great Lakes ability to provide wind lowered trade.

Any Michigan anons lurking? I work online and am thinking of buying cheap land and a house in Northern Michigan somewhere between the UP and Detroit. What's the nog/crime situation like there now? Is it still white man's land for the most part?

The UP is fucking beautiful and honestly mostly white. Where were you looking at in particular?

I live in Idaho, and my family has since the 1870s, before that we lived in the South. You live with niggers and heroin users. I've seen two niggers in person this year. Can you say the same?

I found a couple nice spots in Mio, Bitely, and Ironwood. Ironwood is an inconvenient location unfortunately.

Dubya tried, Pentagon asked if he wanted to be the next Kennedy. Every last piece of military equipment relies on imported steel, you can't have tanks built on China-tier american steel. Your Abrams is made in Sweden.

Ohio 100% rusty

>UP
lol people still call northern Wisconsin that

I grew up in Michigan and I've never heard of those places. I imagine they're going to have mostly old people and families with small kids. Not many people farming if that's what you're thinking, hunting and fishing are much more important to normies.

The racial mix really varies, some towns are 98% white and some towns are 50% white. There are more blacks than people think, they don't all live in Detroit. Muslims mostly stay in their containment zones around Detroit. Mexican population has exploded after decades of Bush-loving Republicans hiring illegal immigrants. Indians are brought in to do IT for big hospitals and insurance companies, but they hate the weather and many leave for California or Texas when they get a chance. Unfortunately it's the economically stagnant areas that are most safe from being enriched.