Colonial Empires Compared

So which European empire was best in terms of treatment and fairness when dealing with the natives? Also which was the worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Legend.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Legend
catalog.archives.gov/id/305263
cvce.eu/en/obj/letter_from_ho_chi_minh_to_harry_s_truman_hanoi_28_february_1946-en-63812c0e-9a33-400c-b53a-272fc7669d96.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Revolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best-Dutch
Worst-Spanish

I have heard good things about the portuguese in that regard.

The Belgians were the best, because they didn't treat the nogs any different than they were used to being treated by each other, thereby avoiding giving them false ideas about being equals to Whites.

What did the Spanish do that made them so bad?

I don’t know much about Portuguese colonies other then they apparently tended to neglect and abandon them in a pretty bad state.

King Leopold of Belgium knew how niggers should be treated. Like vermin

Didn't the Dutch and Portuguese own a ton of sugar colonies in the Caribbean and South America that killed their slaves at record pace?

did the French really like nigs back then too?

The germans didn't look bad.

They've always been your first and only friend.

At least in the American continent, the French were the good guys. Who's the worst between English and Spanish is a tough one.

unironically die Belgier

The Dutch were actually smart enough to not keep many niggers in their own country. They now have some island in buttfuck nowhere where the freed niggers now are, while you have them running wild in your own streets.

Spanish
That isn't a tough one at all

>best in terms of treatment and fairness when dealing with the natives?
None because they let them live.

That's some good mental gymnastics

Worst: English and Belgians; English and French were the first to introduce concentration and labor camps.
Best: Portuguese and Spaniards.
Why? Quite simple, first we should consider when did those Empires expand. Portugal and Spain did that in the 15th century, so at that time what colonialists wanted was not primarily natural resources, but the expansion of its territory. Spaniards allied multiple tribes to fight the Aztecs and even mixed with them(creating criollos and also the first ever race classification on race-mixing backgrounds, which influenced your legal status and your access to certain state-jobs), they also introduced catholicism and united all different tribes(oc by force).
On the other hand, English and Belgians treated their colonies like factories, they only wanted their natural resources(capitalism was growing bigger so they needed those to be competitive), they didn't care about forming a nation(like the Portuguese and Spaniards) but only about the production of materials.

Best: Belgians

Who the actual fuck truly believes the Spanish were the worst? We didn't kill them off unlike the british, we actually attempted to convert them to Catholicism and work as slaves usually do. Ofc we killed them when we were trying to get our foot in the Americas but whoever says the spanish is not only a fucking retard but is helping the belief of the Black Legend.

Ask a northern Amerindian if they like Americans and what they think of colonialism I shit you not they will be alot more hateful than south amerindians. We actually built facilities for both of us. First university in the americas was made in 1551. If we were off killing every single amerindian, don't you think we wouldn't be building those type of facilities? Also we weren't the ones systematically killing all the natives, explain to me why south amerindians are everywhere but barely any exist in the north? Dumbfucks.

>Best-Dutch
Yeah former Dutch colony gonna be super power in 2100

Who gives a fuck.

They'll shit on the Iberians as much as they want because they don't want to admit that they were the savage ones. They never want to admit southern superiority in any case so leave those faggots be. I've asked tons of latinnos about how they felt about what happened in south america and many just didn't care or were thankful or (ofc) disagreed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Legend.

Never in my life have I heard anyone say the Spanish Empire was this brutal killing-machine compared to the british until today, and yesterday.

Nope, Dutch gave nationality and gibs to nigger loyalist soldier who fought on their side
Unlike UK, former colony citizen can't easily work in Netherlands
Dutch import Moroccan nigers instead

>we Fucked the natives

come on! Britain left behind a series of functional countries. Spain left behind a string of 3rd world shit holes! You should have just left it to Britain! We would be living in a white world by now!

The dutch took our fucking shit. They deserve to get shot
The territories that would later form the Dutch Republic began as a loose federation known as the Seventeen Provinces, which Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor and (as "Carlos I") King of Spain, inherited and brought under his direct rule in 1543. In 1566, a Protestant Dutch revolt[note 1] broke out against rule by Roman Catholic Spain, sparking the Eighty Years' War. Led by William of Orange, independence was declared in the 1581 Act of Abjuration. The revolt resulted in the establishment of an de facto independent Protestant republic in the north by Treaty of Antwerp (1609), although Spain did not officially recognize Dutch independence until 1648.

>"Forced" citizenship on them.
>Built their first and best University (University of Puerto Rico, 1903).
>Gives them Pell Grants so they can study essentially for free.

Not European, but "Western", would be the U.S.A.

Thats because our country is so fucking small and our people so few that we literally had no control over the lands whatsoever lool.

You dumbcunt. LOOK AT FUCKING AFRICA? IT ALL GOES DOWN ON THE PEOPLE!

Look at hong kong and macau, one was from the portuguese, the other from the british, look how they've flourished. Now look at every african country. It's the people.

Also south america wouldn't even be the shit it is right now if not because of American control on drugs but I guess you could say that's the CIA.

They did kill many people in Cameroon, though.

Inb4 : "People".

So functional they reverse colonize British now

Spanish colonialism is essentially pillage and marauding.

>functional countries
true, but one can say those ones in fact are part of bongistan. exact same systems, same thinking, same goals and same wars. same society as well. so in fact you bongs never went back. all these natives are drinking themselves to death.

spain was more fair imo yes they stole and murdered it is true - but they went back home.

>my ex cololnie (America) is kicking your ex cololnies (Mexico) ass.

Spain, Netherlands and Britain were fine

Portugal, Italy and Imperial Germany were meh

France and especially Belgium were probably failures

Not sure if it is proper to count Russia as a colonial empire (Alaska, central Asia). The US seized Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Guam, Grenada, Cuba and some others in an imperial fashion also

America was our colony... You had New England. That's pretty much it.

Portuguese, only reason they ended up decolonizing was (((American))) and (((Soviet))) interfering.

I do because ít an interesting discussion.

Considering your country was once a colony, how do you feel about the French? You must have an opinion on colonialism I guess, or atleast French colonialism.

Bong here.

We did some shit.

When northen europeans still try their best to deny Spain was the flagship of Christianity and Western Civilization and deny its importance even today.

Of course, now some marxist intellectuas , a mixed-raced american who wil lcall us sandniggers, and some shills from Portugal will try to put us down.

Luz de Trento, Espada de Roma, Evangelizadora de Mundo, Católica España

Its not easy for a democratic nation to actually own colonies. It doesnt make much sense since the locals would certainly vote against it.

they had it coming

but you still fucked the locals! You birthed a mongrel race!

What does the sign say?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Legend

It shouldn't surprise you, they've been the backwater of Europe for so many centuries and now that they've become relevant for like 2 centuries they think they're the pioneers of European greatness. They will always put Iberians on a dark spotlight, not acknowledging our country as a country that has changed the world in many ways. They also forget Japan would not be rich if it wasn't for us so no anime for the weaboos

For the natives the French were most likely the best, they were dumb enough to consider anyone speaking French as a frenchman.

Worst ones are the Netherlands (cared purely for profit), Spain (cared purely for native pussy).

So did you? Have you seen Americans? Atleast ours are just half-breeds. We pretty much made a race. You guys mixed everything under the rainbow and now look at the burgers

that is actually true all our slave business was far away from the mainland we had close to 0 slaves here , all the freed slaves have their own islands in the carribean , all current nigs is due to recent mass immigration

The Spaniards cared about expansionism, the French about power, the dutch about profit. The spanish didn't care about race because of Catholicism or something to that degree, we only cared about converting them and expanding

it is forbidden to dump debris and snow in this place

Snow? Lmao.

Thanks though.

>Dumping rubble and snow is prohibited here

When the grandchildren of those calvinists, lutherans and anglicans who envied and hated the glory of Spain and its key role in the evangelization and discovery of the World keep promoting the Spanish Black Legend, the same very people who killed more witches in a centrury than The Spanish Inquisition in its whole existence

That's a new phenomena. The United States was lily-white until 1965, barring the slaves, which miscegenation with was illegal.

I would say Belgium.
>inb4 hurr muh hands muh genocide

I said Belgium, not "Belgians". As in, the best treatment of natives happened under the Belgian government.
I don't give a shit if Leopold and his gang of mercenaries (a lot of them Belgians, but many European nationalities among the ranks as well) went on a rampage and murdered over half the Congolese population. This was NOT what happened under the rule of the Belgian state.
When the government took over from Leopold in 1908, slowly things began to improve. By the time Congo niggers chimped out in the late 50's, Congo was arguably one if not the best developed African colony. Certainly the one most rapidly improving.

Fuck you Lumumba you piece of shit.

and I thought that we are shit compared to old Poland, you guys really fucked up

What's happening in the British panel? Why is he shitting out coins?

>in terms of treatment and fairness when dealing with the natives?
English, when unassisted by the crown. English colonizers seem to unerringly expel natives and turn the land into proper cvolonies from which to create more englishmen. It seems no other nation quite understood that concept. All the successful white countries outside Europe are English colonies.

I don't mean you mixing with niggers, I don't think Americans were that stupid and blind to mix with niggers. I mean mixing with different Europeans

You don't have to look for excuses, belgian colonialism is hands down the best out there

>All the successful white countries outside Europe are English colonies.
That's because the only white countries outside Europe were English colonies. The other powers only cared about trade, exploiting resources and spreading religion.

they didn't "italianize" their colonies enough unlike the romans did

>black legend
>other Europeans are just jealous

I know Bartolomé de las Casas exaggerated a lot, but the essence of his claims were correct. Guys like Sepulveda weren't even denying the Spanish brutality to which the indians were subjected to, they were merely justifying it.

I would say hand down

Quebec was intended to be French, but they couldn't help but fuck the natives. South America could have been white, but Spaniards couldn't help but fuck the natives. Obviously Brazil is a nightmare. Africa could have been wiped out and replaced with white farmers, but only South Africa and Rhodesia even began the process.

>Australia

Go back to your rose and tapas Jose you're fucking piss arsed drunk

In terms of iq probably best France
Worst probably Portugal

There's nothing wrong with that.

I’m actually an Australian national visiting. So I can’t comment on what the locals think, maybe I’ll meet someone proficient in English enough to talk about that. I do see remnants of French colonialism in the architecture, and the wonderful bread (Bahn mi). Harldy seen anything from US presents though outside of museums.

you will never be a superpower

>Best-Dutch
Kek, you should probably read up on all that a little bit more. We basically gave the VOC, a private company, the right to wage war and do whatever it wanted for profit. Banda massacre, Batavia massacre, Rawagede massacre, tons of wars, you don’t just magically gain control of something as extensive as Indonesia.

stfu spain you make me ashamed of my noble spanish name

We can if american keep sucking Zionist cock

deforestation, rising sea levels, muslim majority, very little national identity. you will never be a superpower. regional power at best. shouldve stayed dutch clay.

Defently.
I mean creating a company which acts like a country, within your own country, that is allowed to do whatever they want and not care about the people our neighbours is the best thing colonialism ever brought.
We created the true definition of right-liberalism.

Nice trips though

Actual Vietnamese here. French absolutely failed in terms of treating colonies. Look at Africa and East Asia: they accumulated TOO much wealth and treated natives like shit; as a result, they got REVOLTED.

I would say Britain is better than French, except the opium war with China; that was epic failure. Don't know much about Portugal, Spain or Dutch, but I would assume Portugal and Spain is better in terms of converting and treating natives.

> which was the best
Unironically the Belgians. They respected local traditions and ensured they would be preserved.

ACTUAL ACTUAL VIETNAMESE HERE
you're a nigger

australian flag behind that meme or i'll eat my hat

Here is my flag. Forgot to switch it.

>They respected local traditions and ensured they would be preserved.
Kek

damn, i must apologize for assuming shitpost

In the end the company went bankrupt and must be bailed out
Dutch rule was so benevolent we consider Nippon-senpai as liberator

spanish, and if you say otherwise you are wrong.

your nation cant even subdue half an island in rebellion and you claim to be a rising superpower looool

lol what an ignorant motherfucker, dutch were the worst slavers and spaniards gave the best treatment

Italian.

We treated native as our own equals
In your case the migrant people that went to africa, that used to live less than 200 miles of your country, with the same color skin and languages alike, you treated them like shit.
You anglos chased them into inland africa and then forced them to concentration camp, you are the shittiest people in earth, your people dont' care about culture or morals.

>best in terms of treatment and fairness when dealing with the natives
>implying that's a good thing

*gets swarmed by 200,000 niggers*

roman empire best empire

>we treated natives as equals

You invented our words for racial caste classification.

No worries. BTW FYI since you're american: Ho Chi Minh (Vietnamese communist leader) actually ASKED the U.S. to help kick the French out of Vietnam in exchange of Vietnam being capitalist and American ally, but your country, the U.S. REFUSED. So he had to ask Soviet and China instead and the rest is history. Ho Chi Minh is much more a nationalist than a communist. Vietnam before Ho Chi Minh switching to communism was actually called "The Democratic Republic of Vietnam," after the U.S. refused to help Ho Chi Minh has to switch to communism to appeal to Soviet and China.

Now you know who to blame for the Vietnam War.

Source:
catalog.archives.gov/id/305263
cvce.eu/en/obj/letter_from_ho_chi_minh_to_harry_s_truman_hanoi_28_february_1946-en-63812c0e-9a33-400c-b53a-272fc7669d96.html

We're not subduing, we're diversifying Papua and enriching their culture just like what's happening in Europe and US
We're not becoming superpower by our effort but other power kill themself, China will die by birthrate, India will die by poo and US will die by niggers

>Australian
>in vietnam

Like pottery

>We treated native as our own equals
Leftist/neocuckservative revisionism.
>you treated them like shit.
So did every colonial power. Is it wrong? No, niggers are subhumans you need to rule with a stick not with the carrot. You think the niggers that massacred the french in Haiti were good people?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Revolution
>your people dont' care about culture or morals
The entire concept of culture and morality doesn't exist to this day in Africa. You're using buzzwords to justify a liberal egalitarian position.

>ASKED the U.S. to help kick the French out of Vietnam
That’s an awful tradeoff, betraying your oldest ally for some rice farmers.

We never really had colonies just germans doing business overseas until they got so big that they needed protection from the state
And we stopped niggers genociding each other in Namibia and they want reperations for this until this days besides that it is a successful country and very safe for europeans unlike some other shitholes colonised by kanglos

Thats shitty but not surprising. We could never BTFO our ol frenchy buttbuddies. should have stayed french clay senpai. decolonization was a mistake