/ourguy/?

What's the deal with Carl Jung. I haven't read his works yet but am thinking of getting into them. Are they based or some freud like kike propaganda?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_and_Religion:_West_and_East
youtube.com/watch?v=FfNKdI6iPJE
amazon.com/Psychology-Religion-West-Collected-Works/dp/0691097720
jewishcurrents.org/carl-jung-and-the-question-of-anti-semitism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wouldn't say he was a kike, his philsophy has both eastern a western elements, although I think he was more about psychology, he did know Freud I think so I dont know.

A lot of people trash his work and maybe for good reason but I always thought it had merit, just dont take it too seriously.

Or whatever, do what you want.

Or he supported Freud, dont know if they knew each other.

He was some sort of friend with (((Freud))), but they split after Jung got tired with kike-Freuds bullshit. Freud was a pervert who thought everything could be explained by sexual drives.

I have read only one work from Carl Jung so far but he seems like /ourguy/.

red pilled as it gets Éirebro
but some will say :
At the height of World War II, the U.S. intelligence service recruited world-famous Swiss psychiatrist C. G. Jung as 'Agent 488' to work against the Nazis
so maybe was preCIA nigger

Every psychology course will push freud and disparage Jung, because the teacher can't wrap their head around Jungs teachings. He is too potent and eludes to racial identity. Freud is puerile and gross, easy to understand and degenerates use freud for self reflection, Jug would require too much work and self awareness.

Jung is almost an antithesis to Freud.

Jung was Freud's apprentice, but he didn't agree with Freud that when he thought something, then it was set in stone, and there was no room for doubt. Jung hated this, because he's always doubtful and open to new ideas or interpretations.

>Freud: Dude unrepresented urges, everything is sexual lmao
Jung: Sex has a huge part, but there is more to man
>Freud: How dare you question my theories, fuck off, I'm your enemy now
Basically this

Jung was absolutely brilliant and his insights into the nature of being a man are mind blowing

Jung >>> Freud

Almost everything Jung says resonates with me on a deep metaphysical level, whereas almost everything Freud says seems to cheapen humanity.

They are quite different even if they started out cooperating.

He got me interested in religion.

Archetypes and the collective unconcious is a good book to start with.

Freud conceptualized his own sexual perversion, Jung is way more interesting.

When history looks back, Carl Jung would be one of the most significant psychologists of all time.
Carl Jung travelled to the East to study Eastern philosophy and religions, the things that rarely ever Western psychologists did. He was the first one to combine Western and Eastern thoughts, psychology, religions, genders, subconsciousness and consciousness together.

Jung was literally the anti-Freud, he is as far away from that sexual degenerate Marxist Kike. He was most definitely /ourguy/

Freud is a subversive kike who only aimed to subvert the traditional family role and cheapen/degrade society so the international banking Jewry could further exploit the West.

By the way, the MBTI psychology test (16 personalities test) was actually rooted back to Carl Jung's theories. I would dare to say that if you want to understand psychology, all you need to read is Carl Jung. (((Freud))) is pushed by (((them))) to sexualize the West and destroy Christianity.

Also he told aspiring doctors and psychologist that theory is good but going to prisons, hospitals, bars, to other side of the globe is better if you want to understand humans as a whole. It's the antithesis of these female psychologist who give advices on life at 25 after spending their whole time in college hallways

>Are they based or some freud like kike propaganda?
Please stay the fuck away from literature, it doesn't need your degenerate worldview.

He started as a psychology practicioner and theorist but his experiences and curiosity led him into mysticism. His common ideas include the introvert extrovert classifications, the shadow self and the persona, etc. His more esoteric theories include synchronicity and the collective unconsious. He has a well known story where a patient was telling him of a reoccurring dream where she kept seeing a scarab. As she tells him the dream a scarab, which is not native to switzerland or wherever the fuck his office was, a scarab was one the windowsill, that he calls synchronicity. You see the mysticism in that? Thats why he inevitably gets critism but is well respected at the same time.

He also says he was in the hospital with the flu about to die when in his dream his doctor said he will die so jung can live. The doctor dies and jung lived.
Also there is a story that jung showed freud he can move objects with his mind and freud freaked out and ran out of the room.

Freud was a cocaine addict sex addict who made a few great contributions to modern psychology.

Ah here's the salty kike trying to defend the evil Satanic Freud on cue. Fuck off back to Israel, JIDF

Carl Jung's gender theories are the only thing you need to know about gender: Carl Jung used the yin-yang philosophy to explain that deep inside a man there are hidden female traits, and deep inside a woman there are hidden male traits.

its cute how conservashits want to adopt historical and other figures because they might enjoy or relate.
in reality these people would tell you to get fucked you pathetic virgins.
you people are the bad guys. don't forget.

they are extremely based and require years to comprehend because of collateral readings

It appears he didn't know where his nose and eyes were located on his head

those aren't gender theories tho

He was very not-racist/sexist, if that's what your asking.

ACTUALLY, Carl Jung was the German General Medical Society for Psychotherapy during Nazis. So you could say he was literally /ourguy/

>he hasn't opened his third and fourth eyes yet

By gender theories I mean ACTUAL scientific inquiry into psyche, subconsciousness and psychology of male and female genders, not "Gender Theories" bullshit

>cheapen humanity
Dohhoho

Psychopathology of Everyday Life and Interpretation of Dreams probably covers 70% of psychology. Freud had every reason to be stringent - he was right.

>in reality these people would tell you to get fucked you pathetic virgins.
Jung was pals with Hitler.

>he was right

Proofs required.

>implying psychologists will ever be able to provide proofs
>implying science

dohhoho

Get out before we put you in the oven Schlomo.

>Are they based or some freud like kike propaganda?
Mostly the latter, user. The guy was pretty delusional.

In 1934, Jung himself wrote an article, “The State of Psychotherapy Today,” which discussed the differences between what he called the Jewish psychology and the German psychology. “The Jewish race as a whole,” he wrote,

". . . possesses an unconscious which can be compared with the ‘Aryan’ only with reserve. Creative individuals apart, the average Jew is far too conscious and differentiated to go about pregnant with the tensions of unborn futures. The ‘Aryan’ unconscious has a higher potential than the Jewish; that is both the advantage and the disadvantage of a youthfulness not yet fully weaned from barbarism."

Carl Jung literally said Aryan's unconsciousness part is superior to Jews and that Jews are prone to "barbarism."

>Muh proofs
>Psychology isn't a science
I was actually going to respond to your post with citations from Freud, but you're operating on stormfag levels of retardation. In which case, you deserve your unconscious rape, a very Freudian concept.

>t. triggered psych major
>implying Freud's own works prove he is right

Can you replicate clinical experiments in Psychology? No?

NOT A SCIENCE.

> In the December, 1933 issue of the Society’s journal, the Zentralblatt, an editorial was published praising Nazi ideology and using Jung’s theories of archetypal cultural patterns to justify the superiority of the Aryan race.

Nazis literally used Carl Jung's theories to explain Aryan's superiority.

this

His work is very good, but you have to keep in mind that psychology is not philosophy and actually can never answer the questions which philosophy deals with. Psychology is just understanding how the human behaves by describing how the human mind works in its environment. It can never be used to tell you what is right or wrong. That's where some people like Jordan Peterson get psychology so so wrong, because they try and use psychology as a basis to explain how you should live your life, which it just can't do. Psychology is useless without philosophy because one can't use psychology unless he has a goal in using it.

Psychology without philosophy is like trying to drive to the supermarket using the highway, but you only know how the internal combustion engine works. In reality you need to learn to drive, which is what philosophy is.

Do you know where the idea of "getting in touch with your feminine side" comes from? Well, now you do.

What a shit explanation

>t. minoring in philosophy at a postmodern academic institution
It must really suck to be a millenial

Don't blame the bastardization of his ideas by Jews on Jung.

Then you have never read his work. Carl Jung basically combined psychology with Western and Eastern philosophies (Taoism, Buddhism and yin-yang philosophy) and religions to explain humans' psyche, subconsciousness, sociology, psychology, and so on.

Proof: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_and_Religion:_West_and_East

Is he on our team, guys?

I graduated with a B.S. in Econometrics, sorry I didn't get jewed like you. It's not too late to switch majors.

Deeply deeply esoteric dude. I see him as one of the few guys in the 20th century who talk about metaphysics that still get taken seriously today. Heidegger fits that category as well.

He's had a major impact on society, but no one really talks about him. You can see his influence everywhere if you know what to look for. Pretty much every Christopher Nolan movie is some sort of Jungian story. Like the last batman movie- batman has to be reborn by conquering his fears and rising out of the abyss? That's as jungian as it gets.

i approve

Yes. Read my posts above:

All that we call "science" today is only based on materiality and has nothing to do with what Science was originally and what it had been to the ancients. Remember, that our ancestors were so scientifically advanced that we were able to geographically align monuments with star patterns, something modern science can only replicate through computer systems.

Also, you're talking to someone diagnosed with NPD who scored a 19 on the Hare test, so don't get too flustered if I push your buttons on purpose.

I think what he's wrtten about archetypes and shadws is very interesting

The BEST way to understand Carl Jung's theories is to understand YIN YANG Philosophy first: Inside the dark there is a hidden light and inside the light there is a hidden dark.

Jung is good; he takes entire books to express what could be said in a page or two, though.

Yes you can... people fail to do it often, but some studies are in fact science.

Aw, come on. What happened to moral relativism? It's all perspective maaaaaan.
You're sounding kinda spooky to me user.

Jung's works are based because he proposes something much better than the idea that the human mind is a tabula rasa aka blank state, which most "leftists" believe as a foundational truth for their arguments.

He proposes that aspects of an individual's psychology, which he calls the collective unconscious, must be present a priori before the individual forms any knowledge. Eg. A person is born with the framework upon which his consciousness and knowledge forms. Moreover, he points to a sort of eternal recurrence in the same ideas as a necessary consequence of this, like the common morals shared throughout different civilizations throughout history. For example, many civilizations shared the common moral of valuing knowledge and the pursuit of truth in and of itself as a sort of divine good, meaning that the truth is more important than anything derived from the human plane like hedonistic pleasures, power, etc.

Thus Jung's work actually supports the bulk of the classic western philosophy, in that it suggests there is an underlying framework upon which all is built, so that the truth exists as plato imagined it.

Read my posts:

What's interesting is that two of freud's biggest proteges, Jung and Willhelm Reich, got treated completely differently.

Jung lived out a pretty cozy life from what I've read, while Reich ran from country to country, being abused by the government in every country he sought refuge in. He died in a prison in america because of his works. Makes me think he was on to something.

Reich was all into 'orgone' and 'auric fields' and whatnot, which I think was what got him into so much trouble.

Protip: You are the control.

Carl Jung is the blending of occult and psychology.

One of the best psychologists that ever lived IMO.

He wasn't anywhere near as mystical as he is portrayed. He had a penchant for metaphor to describe elements of human cognition, and it's difficult for them to NOT look mystical considering the limited knowledge he had of the brain at the time. So collective unconscious for instance was basically Jung pointing out the existence of apparently shared instincts between humans. Jung was interested in the occult not so much because he actually believed in it but because he believed that the various patterns in religion / ritual of humanity reflected underlying ways in which the brain worked.

He’s much more enlightened than anyone here. So if anything, you’re his guy... if you’re lucky

Not occult. He combined Western and Eastern philosophies, religions and sociologies together to explain human psychology. Literally the best psychologist of all time.

no learn alchemy
youtube.com/watch?v=FfNKdI6iPJE

It really is a superpower that's why we have

>(((victims)))

Nope

>It must be clear to anyone who has read any of my books that I have never been a Nazi sympathizer and I never have been anti-Semitic, and no amount of misquotation, mistranslation, or rearrangement of what I have written can alter the record of my true point of view. Nearly every one of these passages has been tampered with, either by malice or by ignorance. Furthermore, my friendly relations with a large group of Jewish colleagues and patients over a period of many years in itself disproves the charge of anti-Semitism

>you people are the bad guys. don't forget.
Call people bad long enough, and they might eventually live up to the name.

I think anyone who doesn't toe the line of "existence is nothing but worthless matter and life is meaningless" in academia is going to stick out like a sore thumb. I don't think he's anything like Buddha or a religious figure, but relative to other intellectuals he is a stark contrast.

Any intellectual who doesn't vouch for reductionist scientism/materialism is/was really sticking their neck out. Look what happened to Godel.

I have and I'm merely pointing out the context in which Jung should be read.

I don't understand what you mean by combining psychology with western and eastern philosophy. The influence from western philosophy is clear because he was explicitly influenced by the theory of forms from Plato, applying it to the analysis of the mind and to describe the concept of the collective unconscious. However, I don't think that's sufficient to say he "combined" them, as psychology has little contribution to philosophy in this context.

Also, sociology is a fake field and there is no such thing as a subconscious part of the mind, there is only conscious and unconscious.

>What's interesting is that two of freud's biggest proteges, Jung and Willhelm Reich, got treated completely differently.
Jung was Aryan, Reich was Jewish.

Of course he never hated Jews, because his friend Freud was literally Jewish. However, he realized the differences in psychology between Aryan and Jews. Read my posts:

>YIN YANG Philosophy
It's called dualism you dunce

Yes he would also utilize alchemy, but not a large part. Yin Yang philosophy is much more prevalent, especially in his writings of unconsciousness, different archtypes in genders, different personalities, etc,

Interesting. I'll look into it further.
I'm just finishing up 'Man and His Symbols' and I'm greatly impressed by it. I plan on reading more. Any suggestions?

Wrong. Dualism only denotes the state of two parts. Yin Yang theory explains how inside one part exists the other, and combining them together harmonize the world. Trust me I have read Carl Jung's work and Yin Yang theory pretty extensively.

Shill alert! After going through the catalogs there is not a single post by the same IDs as the ones promoting Jung in any other thread. These are clearly offsite sockpuppet posters trying to influence the consensus here. I'd be careful not to trust anything they are saying.

To an extent I agree and I think you have to look at most early psychologists in this way. Early psychologists like Freud and Jung were attempting to apply the methods of the physicist to the psyche, and in the absence of physical evidence, needed to rely on unprovable assumptions, which the materialist rejects on principle.

He rightfully called the "white" American a negrified race.

Read this in order:

1. To understand male and female psychologies, read about "Anima and Animus" It is literally based on Yin Yang philosophy:

2. This is not exactly Jung's work, but read and do a 16 personalities test, aka MBTI test. It is based on Jung's work and pretty accurate, and MBTI test is used almost everywhere in business or social research settings.

3. If you have more time and want to understand the East and the West's psychology and religions (which can explain America and China's thoughts), you should read this book:
amazon.com/Psychology-Religion-West-Collected-Works/dp/0691097720

There's no such thing as a unified yin yang theory. Yin yang is a concept that is used in many different philosophies and practices in Asia. Eg. yin yang applied in Chinese medicine is different from yin yang applied in Confucianism which is different to yin yang applied in martial arts.

Also, in zen practice yin yang dualism is NOT wherein enlightenment is because it is only the human existence in which dualism is found, and enlightenment aims to reach a higher level of understanding that transcends the human existence.

WTF I never said there is an "unified yin yang theory." And of course yin yang's applications are different in different settings. But the key concept is exactly what I said, no matter what applications are.

How you perceive the world is really strange. Not everything is a political binary of us vs. them, good vs evil. He was just a person who had some insights and worked hard to communicate them.

He wasn't a jew at all, lad.

No that's not right. Jung did not draw from the natural sciences to develop psychology.

Jung applied a metaphysical mindset, the same metaphysical responsible for the framework upon which all natural sciences were built upon, to describing the psychology of an individual.

Physical evidence is not necessary to prove a truth, otherwise we could not know if any mathematical arguments are true or false. On this basis, materialism is a false dogma, ignorant of the truth. Also, the most important physicists were not materialists.

1 is explained in 'Man and His Symbols. Iwas also familiar with it years beforehand through Taoism.
2 I'm familiar with.
3 Might be worth a look.
I was asking about works by Jung himself.

anyhow, read libre novis--the red book. It's great and it has a lot of pictures in it.

He was not jewish AT ALL. In fact he was invited to work with the Nazi, causing dissentments among other Jewish psychologists

jewishcurrents.org/carl-jung-and-the-question-of-anti-semitism/

Because he used Eastern philosophy too to explain psychology, especially Yin Yang philosophy. Inside good there is evil, inside evil there is good.

He was on a whole other level of redpill.

You can start by 'Man and his Symbols' that's an introduction to his views by his disciples in a way that is more simple to understand and if you like it you can follow to his own work.

he panicked thinking all introverts will be genocided (a good idea IMHO) so he wrote a lot of wordy garbage with an ounce of truth; at least he was sincere and truthful and admits it quite a number of times
>kike
he was actually an antisemite/nazi, (((some)))
say
>Jung got tired with kike-Freuds bullshit. Freud was a pervert who thought everything could be explained by sexual drives.
Freud was a no-bullshit, urban & extroverted guy who had tons of kids and sex and toys and smoked like a chimney and drank and snorted cocaine and spoke to all kinds of interesting people. he didn't even give 2 cents about the Jewish business. Jung was more of a dreamer (from the countryside nonetheless) so they obviously got into a conflict

>609_uu
Anyway...

Absolutely based. His autobiographical work, Dreams, memories, reflections is a good read and also a nice intro into Jung's gnostic psychology. His autobiography explains the things in his personal life which lead to him formulating his ideas in writing anqd practice - the man was a full-on mystic and magician, make no mistake. Perhaps the greatest single scholar on the westen alchemical tradition, also. His Red Book is a mystic masterpiece of it's own right.

As a psychonalysist, he was very biased and tended to project upon the patient. I'd read Jung rather as a mystic and scholar rather than a serious psychoanalysist.

Then check out in this order "The Red Book", "Psychological Types," "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", "Modern Man in Search of a Soul", "Undiscovered Self", "Psychology of the Unconscious"

>(((freud)))

This makes so much sense now.
>never shilled for by the (((media))) and has not become a household name like Freud.
Jungs ideas have always resonated with me and I think he touched on a nerve when he started focusing on non materialism as the roots of the human experience.
>the complete opposite to Freud’s, (((sex rules everything))) bullshit.

>projecting this hard
not all of us are virgins bucko