Instrumentality RipOffs

A SINGLE GROUP MIND WILL SURELY SOLVE EVERYTHING.

Why does Japan have such a fucking hard-on for this plot?

Tsuki no Me from Naruto
Protocol Seven from Lain
Human Instrumentality Project from Evangelion.
Scub Coral from Eureka Seven

And why are there so many fucking ripoffs?

>climax to the best-selling anime of all time
>Why do people like to rip this off?
Are you dense?

Because Japan and other east asian states like Korea and China value collectivism rather than individualism.

code geass
darker than black

Kiznavier

No originality and easy writing equals easy money

Was Evangelion the first to do this plot?

Because true peace can never exist with pure individuality. It's why you see so many utopia premises with brainwashed citizens.

But is it peace then

Why does the scientific community have such a fucking hard-on for this plot?

DARPA
Google
The 2045 Initiative

And why are there so many fucking ripoffs?

Childhood's End by Clarke.
There's probably an even earlier, less known example.

Because it's most probable scenario with the current way of technological progress.

Peace is a child's fantasy. The last conflict the nips were involved in broke them and they are now, for the most part, less than human.

But it's true.

If no one profits from it, it's not really progress. In neoliberal economy, technological progress only benefits the 1%. But the transhuman scenario is somehow even worse. If there is no individual left on Earth to benefit from that progress, then it's just an elaborate form of suicide.

People get stupider and more aggressive in large, egalitarian groups. Also the content of Sup Forums tells you exactly what do people really think about and want. An absolute conjunction will be absolutely retarded.

Evangelion wasn't the first to do this at all, pleb.

>instrumentality ripoffs
>lists Evangelion as a ripoff

I'm confused

There are a lot of transhuman scenarios. Transhumanism is actually pretty rarely about banning individuality.

Yeah, insects.

Sup Forums pls go

What are you even talking about

But they are profit from it.
All development of IT industry shows that whenewer new type of internet-services is born, it's very quickly becomes practically a monopoly with one site holding most of the market (see google, facebook, amazon...).
When direct connection of human consciousness to the net will become reality, humans will start to connect their minds and computing powers into clusters to more effectively do calculation for various tacks, and since larger clusters have more computing power and thus more effective, they will merge into more and more bigger clusters until only one major and maybe several other much smaller will remain.
It's not something that some kind of idealistic visionaries will force on people, it's just natural flow of events, like any industry naturally tends to become monopoly.

>humans will start to connect their minds and computing powers into clusters to more effectively do calculation for various tacks
You have to prove that humans are better than computers at computing for that to happen.

Any examples outside of Anime?

Not computing, but mostly "inventing". Connect one brain to another and all of their creativity and experience will be shared and multiply each other. Connect two individuals and they will generate ideas and solve problens faster that two stan-alone humans, add another one and they will be as smart and productive as four or five people.
Add here computing power from actual computers and acces to any knowledge that exists in the net.

Have you ever read a "You should be able to solve this" thread? Have you ever tried giving a problem to ten people and ask for the solution an hour later?
Humans aren't smarter in large groups.

four or five people are actually pretty shit compared to one that's actually good, and the tech required for what you propose is very expensive and beyond us compared to just figuring out the genetic and environmental components needed for genius level intelligence and producing humans that check all of the boxes, or even coaxing existing, natural brains into performing slightly better, permanently or temporarily

instrumentality is not an economical solution to a lack of intellectual resources unless you have two magical space gods laying around

Because what they share is final byproduct of their thinkingŠ± freed of anythung they deemed insignificant and milled through means of communication such as language, which is while very powerful, but still greatly limits our ability to transmit our thoughts to other people.
What I mean is not like some virtual meeting room where you talk to one another. It's ability to use other's associative links and raw thought process as your own. You know like chess grandmasters perceives situations on the board emotionally rather than intellectually? So, imagine if you can use this emotions directly.

Because Eva did it, basically.

And The Simpsons did it.

Is it possible to experience instrumentality? Since there would be no you to experience it? Would it be no different from regular death for all intents and purposes?

If Instrumentality is the merging of all consciousness, then the closest thing we can relate to it would be the shared euphoria of a soccer match/moon landing, except for every emotion ever. You are a part of it, even if you are not the source of it.
At least that's how I see it.

West likes Christ figures, East likes Nirvana-like states.

Just think of all the bullshit, self-aggrandizement, self-deception, the boring stupid nonsense and general suffocating dullness.
Compared to instrumentality the lake of fire seems almost enjoyable.

Well I don't think there's an afterlife, so if worst comes to worst, I would have sided with Seele if only because existence > non existence.

Read more sci-fi it's just government conspiracy theories 101.

Instrumentality is ego death. There is no experiencing it because you give up everything that makes you you in order to join it.

Hegel

Childhood's End anime when?

see

didn't SyFy make a live-action miniseries?

Our biotech and computer science are so good that it's not a conspiracy anymore.

no it isn't you dumb fuck. We can barely replicate 10% of a mouse's brain onto a computer, let alone a whole human brain

Evangelion is inspired by Blood Music by Greg Bear. A pretty good book

Wait, really?

No. Where did you get this?

syfy makes trash

I thought it was pretty good. I had never heard of childhoods end prior to watching it though.

Wait, you guys read? And watch shows with real people in them?

Not gonna lie i'd fuck that eyepussy

Shoot yourself into a grave.

>I can't handle the truth

Same

Eva ripped off Childhood's End. As did Xenogears.

Japan has no creativity.

I'm not into Asuka but I am into guro

My feelings are conflicted

succinct post

Dumpster yourself.
I think it's pretty telling of your shit taste how popular guro is with western "artists"

When you have no life, media consumption is all most of us do.

no u

FUCKING LIBERALS MAN

They'll be gone soon.

It is okay when it is cute

Underrated post.

thank you

underrated