How is this not Orwellian?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QADFo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I dont know what orwellian is
American education

Because "evidence-based" and "fact-based" are buzzwords that don't mean anything. Anything touting those words is clickbait. The CDC is an organization that should be operating off facts implicitly.

Evidence-based is a term used all the time in science. The point at which the Right becomes Anti-science is the point at which it loses. Enjoy your stone age.

What is "evidence-based" as opposed to just "evidence"?

>"Our evidence-based approach" v. "the evidence shows"

I'm not entirely sure but "evidence-based" sounds like "we're just gonna extrapolate what we want from the data and ignore everything else" but I've never read one of these reports so I wouldn't know.

You've obviously never read a journal article on, say, genetics. Does genetic DIVERSITY ring a bell? Maybe the old and young are more VULNERABLE to catching flu virus? This shit is epidemiology 101.

Hahahhaa rolling back bullshit orwellian leftist terms is orwellian. Demanding actual science instead of science based is anti-science. Whats that quote about the truth being revolutionary?

Add "minority/ies" to the list too pls

Yes they can just rephrase but can you see it's a dangerous precedent to ban words for political aims?

We started with evidence but couldnt prove our point so we fucked with it and now wtf i love science also you're all going to die in a floodfire and your penis is a vagina.

Orwell was a dirty communist

Shall we just change their meaning then?

> anonymous source
> administration denies

archive.is/QADFo

Also, almost all of those words are junk lefty buzzwords. Basically, the order is to stop circle jerking and give actual research with facts.

Okay. Genetic "diversity" is an extremely common term. Say they ban "variation" also, next year. Find a new concise way to say exactly what that means. (And what's the point of this stupid exercise in changing language in the first place?)

Don't know, but I always liked this one.

Truth becomes treason in an empire of lies.

>hey CDC quit fucking around on bullshit and use your resources to do what your organization is supposed to do
>oy vey it's like annuda shoah

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Evidence-based decision making and "the evidence shows X so we decided to do Y" are the same thing.

Also, for non-scientists: Science rarely proves anything, at best it might strongly suggest two things are related, but everything is an extrapolation in some sense. It is up to the reader to determine if the argument is strong enough. So sure you can extrapolate from data but a shitty conclusion is still shitty.

>Implying a retarded word ban list is an effective means of management.

what the FUCK is that THING?

It's not, Shlomo. Orwell's authoritarianism yielded dystopia, this here is a remedy to Orwellian dystopia.

How can you be anti-abortion after looking at that thing in OP's image?

because the government isnt entitled to free speech.

Transgender and entitlement for sure, but fetus? Vulnerable, evidence-based, science-based make no sense to ban either.

abortion survivor

sicience based is a buzzword because science is a rinse and repeat process there is no definite just fairly acuracte

I think the attempt is to change the language back to fact-based scientific reporting that has become susceptible to the transsexual's support for a more culturally variant society that gives their cause a preemptive declaration to the mental health of our prenatal children without any scientific foundation.
>SWIDT? I used a fucking thesaurus. Quit crying.

"Based on our atheist reasoning, the low genetic anti-white coupled with increasing population density in Idaho and surrounding areas may make that population more snowflake to the flu virus this season." -CDC, 2018

"science-based", and "evidence-based" just mean,
>I'm picking my point of view based on this data. It's not science or pragmatic, it's just my opinion, and I based it on some data
>also, my point of view is now official policy.

just because you started with science, doesnt mean the end result is meaningful or pragmatic.

The center for disease control shouldn't be using vice tier buzzwords and shouldn't be weighing in on abortion, climate change, trannys, or any other libshit flavor of the month social issues. Stick to telling us about Ebola.

Idk, user. Transsexualism appears to be an epidemic. This may fall under the purview of the CDC.

Good. The only questionable one is "fetus".

They can always check a thesaurus.

>Transgender
Body Dysmorphic Disorder
>Fetus
Unborn child
>Vulnerable
actual facts
>evidence-based
actual facts
>science-based
actual facts

seems like a good change to me.

I unironically only support free speech when it protects speech I agree with.

>Now liberals care about free speech.

It will be at least to some extent. If buzzwords didn't work, "racist" would be a forgotten word already.

Nice way to avoid the question. I'd wager my life that "variation" is used in over 80% of articles published in the journal Genetics, but what would a keyboard warrior such as yourself know about science and publication.
>H... Hah... Just use a th-thesaurus user!
>2019: more words banned
>Heh, i-it's getting tricky for me from Mom's basement on thesaurus.com stupid lefties reeeee
Mr President Orange can stop paying to research chicks with dicks or whatever but you cannot defend removing a word like diversity from genetic and epidemiological science like it's some lefty plot.

This is the only correct position.

Brown shill take your $9000 and go home, wait for someone to give your better material to sperg over.

>life begins at conception meme

Nice try. Care to fight the argument or you just here to make dismissive baseless insults and run away?

>Evidence-based is a term used all the time in science.
No, it's fucking not. Nobody in science has to actually qualify their work as 'science-based' or 'evidence-based', it's implicit. They just present their evidence and the conclusions drawn from it.

I've been reading physics research papers for eight years now and I have NEVER seen those phrases come up in a single, legitimate publication.

To be honest, it is actually used all the time for no good reason. I guess it's mostly to signal once more that no conclusions are definitive and no data is perfect so all science should be taken with a grain of salt.
-Actual scientist here in defense of "diversity"

Bump

>evidence-based
>science-based

THIS JUST IN: REPUBLICANS HATE FACTS

It's used all the time in pseudoscientific drivel on clickbait sites and mainstream news pages as shorthand for "we cherrypicked this one faulty study that we think proves our point". Legitimate research papers don't use buzzwords like evidence-based because the entire point of legitimate papers is to present their evidence.

- physics grad working on dissertation

IS THE CDC PREPARING A RESEARCH PAPER ALSO EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE IS A PRETTY COMMON PHRASE

facts arnt "based" in something else. they are simply our best understanding of the truth.

YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ALTERNATIVE FACTS

> In bankruptcy, medical bills are considered general unsecured debts just like your credit cards. This means that medical bills don’t receive priority treatment and can easily be wiped out by filing for bankruptcy.

/thread

oh, well maybe you should explain.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts

HERE I GOOGLED SOME SHIT NOW SWALLOW YOUR MEDICINE

>a concepted organism doesn't count as life
This is pilpul, Johnny. Don't use it and you won't get a gold star when things get hairy.

>muh freedums
>muh first amendment

Going postal, in American English slang, means becoming extremely and uncontrollably angry, often to the point of violence, and usually in a workplace environment.

The expression derives from a series of incidents from 1986 onward in which United States Postal Service (USPS) workers shot and killed managers, fellow workers, and members of the police or general public in acts of mass murder. Between 1970 and 1997, more than 40 people were killed by current or former employees in at least 20 incidents of workplace rage.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal

Wow when trump has to look over their budget documents they'll have to provide him with actual evidence instead of using meaningless shorthand.

vulnerable is an emotionally loaded word
just as well to say that the young and old tend to catch flu virus more frequently than the median aged population

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts
I dont see anything in here about a relationship between alternative facts and "facts-based", "science-based" or "evidence-based".

whats your point?

Much better.

Bump

Banning 1984 esque newspeak terminology (diversity solely means "less whites/men/straights") is a good thing, leftist foreigner.

Life indisputably does begin at conception. The point that can be argued is when personhood begins.

>(diversity solely means "less whites/men/straights")
The absolute state of american education

Then it should be hard for you to find a scientific, peer-reviewed research paper published by the CDC with the phrase "evidence based medicine" in it.

but that's true?
Kill yourself shitskin, you fucking freak

please tell me you're joking

In case work we use evidence based decisions for best practice in aiding recovery. Should I change this to best guess based decisions instead?

I'M SURE THAT'S THE GOAL OF THIS POLICY SAME THING WITH FETUS AND VULNERABLE AND TRANSGENDER

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED I'M SAYING THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION LIES ALL THE TIME AND THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T WANT THOSE WORDS IN ANY POLICY DOCUMENTS THEY JUST WANT ALTERNATIVE FACTS TO SUPPORT THEIR OWN FALSE NARRATIVE

your people are literal subhumans who are only good for doing the jobs of 6 year old kids. And you charge less then fucking children by doing so stealing their jobs. Shit even liberals who defend you say that you do the jobs that no other american wants to do
>Trump if you deport all the mexicans who's going to clean your toilet
qoute which was said on NATIONAL TV by a liberal.

>The CDC is an organization that should be operating off facts implicitly.

So are the DoJ, DHS, DoD, CIA, FBI, and every other government organization with any links whatsoever to the military/intelligence community, but they all prefer soft-science models over real facts.

Wait, don't you want to follow the governmental narrative?

than* not then

We're not talking about a fucking social worker, we're talking about the CDC. A research agency doesn't need to qualify it's research as "evidence-based", it's fucking implicit.

I DON'T THINK THE CDC IS WORRIED ABOUT THESE WORDS IN THEIR RESEARCH PAPERS

You're scraping the barrel now, friend. Smart to keep pressing the attack or your "argument" would fall apart in 4 posts or less. You keep pulling new phrases and scenarios that just absolutely NEED this specific wording except for when it doesn't, it doesn't make you look like a twat we should also down on principle alone.

Well they fucking should be if this is policy, shouldn't they? another "progressive" favored agency failing at its job. Who would have thought.

>THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION LIES ALL THE TIME
source?

>implying the main purpose of the CDC is the housing of deadly viruses in cases of biological war
Nigger please. I don't give 2 shits about CDC studies.

THIS IS ABOUT ALL OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS NOT JUST THEIR RESEARCH PAPERS SO ALL POLICY DOCUMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS OF ANY KIND WILL BE AFFECTED

saying something is based in truth does not make it true.

trump wants these out of policy documents to prevent alternative facts in policy documents.

HOLY FUCK YOU'RE RETARDED I'M PRETTY SURE YOU SHILL ALTERNATIVE FACTS ALL THE TIME

>vulnerable
>not susceptible
Kys faggot

okay, so what is an evidence based decision?

Those are all regurgitated agit-prop keywords that indicate followers of a outmoded shibboleth. The Left (even working at the CDC) deal-out partisan emotions and less with scientific objectivity.

>"vulnerable"
Translation: "muh victimhood gibs"
>"entitlement"
gibs
>"diversity"
non-white gibs
>"transgender"
gibs to mutilate people
>"fetus"
baby murder gibs
>"evidence-based"
>"science-based"
Redundant to say as all health care practice be science and evidence based. He's banning euphemisms for "our shitty science knows better than reality."

DID YOU JUST ACCUSE THE CDC OF DOING WHAT THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION DID? FUCK THIS, YOU'RE A VULNERABLE FETUS WITH DRAIN BAMAGE AND I'M OUT

FETUS IS AN AGIT-PROP KEYWORD OK BUDDY NICE LEAF YOU GOT THERE BE A SHAME IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO IT

I had ordered to deliver the sick kid to Herrn Dr. Mengele in order to cure with Gas / Kerosine

Kek look at that deformed little shitskin thing. I hope it's dead by now

>56% face

>Evidence-based is a term used all the time in science.

No it's not, science is obviously based on evidence, so true scientists don't need to mention that.

I love how you cunts will defend each retarded thing trump does no matter how fucked it is

this is the absolute state of the left everyone.
witness.

she will be used by Herrn Dr. Mengeles students ( experminental interrogation techniques and pain improvement

Anything that pisses off the left you abo faggot

"We are requesting an increase in research spending to develop an evidence-based protocol for the testing of fetal abnormalities the transgender population, one of the most vulnerable, to determine if it reveals a science-based rationale for increasing healthcare entitlement spending."

>disagreeing with fucked up policies makes you a leftist
>just fuck my country off it makes some people i dislike mad

Evidence-based and science based are weasel words used to make something sound official and agreed upon in the scientific community, but to inevitably push forward "progressive"/Marxist ideologies.

>YOUR TIME IS HERE, COMMIES!

I can't wait for the day we all universally agree "fine, we're just going to do the opposite of them" for the two weeks it would take to crush them in open war.