Disney's `Last Jedi’ Blasts Its Way to $220 Million Opening

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-17/-the-last-jedi-blasts-its-way-to-220-million-opening-weekend

Sup Forums on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemascore.com/
boxofficemojo.com/
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dcfilm1117.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=8eciBTcFZ2Q
disneyresearch.com/publication/factorized-variational-autoencoder
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's a low opening for a star wars film

good they can all see how shitty it is lmao
sage

jew wars was never even released in order

how the fuck do people want to suck jew dick so much?

It's the fuckin worst

>Sup Forums on suicide watch

but I went and watched it last night and left disappointed

This. Underperforming. Also scored worse than Justice League with audiences.

>paying to be cucked

that's shit in Star Wars money

At least rey didn't get blacked

>that Ethan

The force awakens:
>Biggest December international opening weekend – $281 million

Final box office pull comes down to two things - opening weekend and repeat viewings. Opening weekend is always a big chunk of the final pull, but you need those repeat viewings a week, two weeks, a month after the opening to really pull in a lot of cash.

TLJ is *not* getting a good enough audience response to warrant that kind of repeat business.

>Ukraine
Anyone else really starting to hate Ukrainians?
I’m starting to understand why Ivan treated them the way they did

This, expect this shitty non-canonical fan fiction to be released on hi-def dvd by next weekend.

Its literally not according to Cinema Score (Which is the most unbiased way to get audience reaction cause you actually have to see the movie to do it)\

It's also blowing out Justice Leage for 3-Day Open, and slightly behind TFA

This. The buzz is terrible. Even the SJW crowd is unhappy.

Also I forgot my sources
cinemascore.com/
boxofficemojo.com/
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dcfilm1117.htm

i'd love for daisey ridley to shit a log in my mouth, honestly i'd swallow it down.

Can't make this shit up.

I'm about to go and see it, heard it is pretty shit cause of catering to SJW's.

These have to be satire. There's no way these people are serious

>Sup Forums on suicide watch
How many shekels does retarded shit-level posting pay?

I torrented the force awakens and still felt robbed of my time. At least the jew didn't get my money as well.

>Look up Cinemascore website.
>Ghostbusters 2016 got a B+.
Yes, I totally trust this "unbiased" metric.

>cinemascore
the Phantom Menace: A-
The Matrix: A-
>most accurate

They are always mad about smht, it's their reason to live.

Also who gives a fuck what they think, they are literally brainwashed fanatics.

The people who were dumb enough to go see it probably enjoyed it

Snoke dies, Luke Dies and Kylo Ren becomes the big bad, Rey is the last jedi.

The power of manchildren

Episode 9 could just be a Noel Ignatiev lecture with a cgi space battle in the background and itd still generate billions

>McDonalds is better than a fine dining steak because more people buy it

RAY ISN'T A JEDI JET YOU GOD DAMN IDIET

The next movie will feature Rey C Mixer in a 2 hour long interracial sex scene.
So Brave

Not that justice league is anything close to "fine", but you get my point

Becuase that is the audience they were going for.

Are they going to put out a shitty movie every year?

Fuck George Lucas for cashing out to the Jews.

Yes. Next year young Han solo directed by Ron Howard. SW fatigue has set in.

On the backs of naming it star wars. They'll lose every fan that isn't a feminist because they strong wymen meme is at ridiculous levels in that movie. They've damaged the brand.

>every fan that isn't a feminist
Staw Wars doesn't even have feminist fans. They just jumped on board when the new trilogy started coming out.

the movie probobly had a budget of 300 million and advertisment probably cost 150-200 million , best case scenario the movie is going to break even

why we should worry accelerationism is the only answer all the european must be bullied now that we have to time to react before the downfall definitively happen.
And these film are wake up to a lot of normies

Break even point is apparently estimated at a bit more than $800 million worldwide.

Figure they're going to spend at least a quarter of a billion making it, and the advertising budget is usually about as much as the production budget. Plus the theaters and such take their cut.

The Force Awakens grossed 529 million open weekend. This is less than half of that.

>less than a quarter billion on opening weekend
ouch thats a failure in the disney world for this cash cow franchise, some heads will be rolling for this

That's world wide though kek
Not even in top 5

Why did you give the jews money faggot?

A Rehashed Hope grossed 529 million worldwide opening weekend - This one grossed $220m domestic and about the same amount overseas, so it's 440 vs 530 total opening. So it's not half, but a $90m drop is still terrible.

This is amazing, even for lefties

YA THINK YA HOT SHOT DONTCHA!

We know which 56% of americans liked it.

you have to factor in the licensing fees and toy revenue they will get and already did for this.

they're going to be way ahead.

Headline should have included that because I'm not giving clicks to that jew rag.

nice

It’s already at $450 Million world wide

Odd, I think I just had a premonition of people reading my post.
So I'm altering it, still gonna (You) though and hope they show themselves if they've got the guts.
I hate people talking behind my back.

Nice butt hurt damage control you laughable leaf turd

>licensing fees and toy revenue
That's what Star Wars has always been about, Lucas even admitted that he was a merchandise salesman first, and a director second.

But they'll tweak for next one, they want an "Avatar" billion dollar opener

Who cares what the masses of plebs think? These people are basically retarded and think any 2 hour assault on their senses is "good" regardless of whether it has any actual quality or not (good, intelligent and thoughtful films they will call "boring").

The masses always need their brain-dead forms of entertainment, and no one should care--we should just work to end democracy, which is the stupidest form of government ever devised.

he did well because the corpse is still warm, in a couple of years (((Disney))) will finish the job for sure in butchering the brand

I wonder how much it cost just to call it star wars? Any movie with "star wars" name in it is guaranteed to earn a lot of money.

Sup Forums utterly annihilated.

What the fuck does Star Wars have to do with Sup Forums, go make these stupid threads on Sup Forums.

Leaks told me that Yoda says Rey doesn't need to learn anything about jedis anymore because she has a vagina and the force is female.

the audience are mostly mouth breathing numales and brave independent hipster women.

Do people really go see a movie multiple times in cinema in America?

>muh pleb meme!
If you have to use a meme to express yourself then you’re a moron and your opinion does not matter

lol this, i'll just stream the shitty cam recording again if i want

I haven't even watched any of the new trilogy. The Prequel Trilogy was shit enough to turn me off of star wars, at least all the autismal star wars fanbois are turning off thanks to socjus digging in and turning their franchise to shit. the Disney Jew has enough billions to not care they're losing money, but it's best to just realize when your hobby has been subverted and stop giving money to the commies when it happens. Western comic books and magic the gathering and handegg, all should have white guys checking out and taking their money with them--don't give money to the fucks who ruined it, let Daddy Soros keep subsidizing their shit. Make him part with his shekels don't give them yours.

youtube.com/watch?v=8eciBTcFZ2Q

>on /pol
>buying obvious jew shit.....

Nobody here gives a shit. Star wars is a children's/soyboy movie. It can gross a billion for all I care.

>the plebeian masses is a meme
wew baka

>Sup Forums utterly annihilated.

How exactly? we pretty much predicted it was going to be an interracial misandric SJW circlejerking.

So the faggots who watch this kind of shit became 220 million poorer, that's good. But how much did the making cost?

Awww look, the leaf turd used a meme.

Yiu sound upset.
>we
Hey look, it’s the official spokesperson of Sup Forums.

>if i call something a meme, it discredits it!
lmao

Are asians /ourguys/?

It's Sup Forums-related because Sup Forumsflakes are triggered into oblivion by the existence of girls in a star war.

>MFW XD

I would appreciate it if you would stop using this joke. My wife's son rather liked the star wars movie.

These people sound clinically insane.

Not enough titty jiggles for my taste. 2/10 would not watch

DISNEY 2017: "Acute consumer psycho-tainment" is a term to describe Disney's new hegemon and content strategy. They've moved beyond market testing and screen testing for these SW movies, to applying deep psychological metrics on a per-minute basis using "consumer psychologists" that consult with Kikeleen Kennedy under NDAs.

This is why TFA/TLJ/RO are vacuous, porous as mist, yet normies sing their praises in reviews for reasons they cannot explain. The "sum" doesn't matter, each part/scene is constructed to exploit an emotional and/or referential reaction; some scenes that appear trivial, serve a deeper purpose still, to handshake preceding/proceeding subliminal motives.

The good infographic on Sup Forums of the subliminal black phallus imagery on Luke's island: Rey's bulbous black staff, the cock-nose of the tit creature, the ejaculation of the tit creature ("milking"), capped off with droplets of cum-like spittle on Luke's beard, this is a microcosm for the macro of psycho-strategy being applied by Kennedy, Abrams, and the head emperor kike Bob Iger.

We need to stop arguing about these movies, and really expose how this content is being constructed on a molecular-kike level. Clearly Disney and Iger (and new owner Rupert Murdoch) have longterm designs not only for Marvel and Star Wars, but for the American populace. The Jedi are being slowly diluted in canon while the unremarkable multi-culti grunt is being emphasized, and herein lies Communist subtext. The "Rebellion" needs these "workers," they are sanctioned by a rogue state, under a single directive: destroy the old white guard.

Many anons complain about the underwhelming death of Snoke, yet don't see the blatant messaging in a diseased ancient alpha white male being murdered so swiftly, without any pomp or celebration, undeserving of acknowledgment. The subliminal: kill aging white power mongers like Trump/Putin, with more work to be done! Neo-Bolshevik programming dressed in feminist mouse ears. RIP Luke

>Already down 50% after 1 week.
Just like all the other shit movies the last year.

I'm trying to become bluepilled again. I'm going to be a good goy and go see this movie. The redpills won't get out of my head.

hmmm

Link related. Disney is applying Deep Learning technology to create emotion-calculated mass consumer content, akin to fast food and mind control
disneyresearch.com/publication/factorized-variational-autoencoder

Movies are always and very predictably down ~50% between the first and second weekend, that's why opening weekend is so important.

Every person I know that saw it thought it was awful. Starwars is done after this.

Fuck off RIDF scum

Yup. Gross. I refuse to watch it

It's going to be really hard. They tried to hard to do the whole women power thing. Every person that's in high command is a woman on the rebel side.

Check. Lol HILARIOUS

>Leaf Turd
You sound retarded saying that shit
quit defending this SJW garbage

it's a higher opening than TFA

This movie is the worst big budgeted film I've ever seen, even worse than the joke that is Justice League. It seriously never goes 5 minutes (usually far far less) without something cringe-inducing.
It's basically 2 and 1/2 hours of virtue signalling, preaching, killing the brand, and belittling men.

They're not, rlm did a video about it last year. Watch it go over 60-70% if not more in the 2nd week and disney'll consider it a flop.

>not watching some shitty cam named 'El Ultimo Jedi' (in english for some reason) for free

Seriously...is this fucking real life?