In your opinion is re zero a masterpiece

I haven't even seen it, but from seeing the fanbase that's an apparent fuck no.

I've yet to dig into it. My backlog is happy to have it, but that assassin chick was pretty freaky. Great tits and holy fuck that ara ara. I'm sure I'll have an opinion on it once I break down and watch the goddamn thing.

It's garbage.

No

This show had exactly one redeemable character.

dumb mugi poster

Yes.

sadly she dies

A masterpiece of shit.

Episodes 13-18 were masterpieces. Everything before those episodes was boring, and everything after was disappointing.

I'd still take a S2.

I always laugh at this. Thank you.

Not a masterpiece but it was the best anime of 2016 and one of my favourite anime of all time, right up there with Code Geass, Death Note, Kuroko no Basuke and Non Non Biyori.

good fucking taste

Not quite. The ending was a bit weak in my opinion. If it had ended with the Rem who? then I probably would have had to masterpiece it.

they never planned to end the anime at this

I would not call it a masterpiece, since the word "masterpiece" lost all meaning due to meme magic.

But its a good anime, and the LN is well written, instead of feeling just like another gary stu edgy faggot, subaru actually feels like a human being, the way he broke down after being killed by Rem the second time was well done.

There is something I dont understand in the third mansion loop, Rem was the one who tried to kill subaru and later tortured him in the forest, but the light novel gives the feeling that it was Ram who destroyed his neck with wind magic to give him a fast death out of pity, I just dont understand why Rem lied and said Ram had no idea she was trying to kill subaru, was Ram feeling guilty over trying to kill subaru in that loop because subaru became almost an friend? Or she went after Rem to stop her from killing subaru but came too late, and chose instead to mercy kill him?

It's like Cowboy Bebop. No "bad" episodes but only one or two "amazing" episodes with the rest just being a solid "good" but not "great"

Don't compare that shit to Re:Zero.

The entire white whale and killing Beetlejuice arc was boring as fuck.

White Whale yes. Beetlejuice arc was great though.

Dogshit: The anime.

Came here to post this. reeeeeeeee: zero = Poor man's SAO with edge and cuck extra flavors.

Only watched it for rem desu

Check the archive next time motherfucka.

I don't care how they planned to end it. I'm saying that in my opinion the ending they did give it was weak, that if it had been better I would have upgraded my 9 ranking to a 10 and gave an example of what would probably have done that for me.

>reeeeeeeee: zero = Poor man's SAO with edge and cuck extra flavors.

Absolutely not. Re:Zero is leagues above SAO by having a compelling and cohesive plot. SAO had no direction after the 3rd episode for the 1st arc and was a damn incest fantasy the 2nd arc.

For

It's trash

It was the best non-fujoshit anime of 2016. I think masterpiece is a bit much though. Magnum opus of the isekai genre would fit ReZero better as a title.

I think it's good but the anime didn't do the original content justice. Maybe that's how most people feel about adaptations but I think it's especially apparent here.

Its because she was trying to defend her sister's status or something. Considering she considers herself a sacrifice in nee-sama's place.

Has anyone here read the manga? Does Subaru actually love Rem now?

It's an alright isekai fantasy harem.
Nothing much new outside of MC's cheat/gimmick. Nothing special either waifu-wise.

I'd rather have it played straight a la El Hazard or Tenchi Muyo, but that's just the 90's neckbeard in me missing the past.

Largely it will be forgettable by the larger mass of harem viewers, much like how often or how well people think of Zero no Tsukaima today compared to its heyday.

You guys are liking the afterglow now but seriously it's nothing new under the sun.

>harem

You never even watched it

I expect children in the near future

>Calling Re:Zero a harem

Why do people still meme about this? In what aspect is Re:Zero a harem?

She sews dolls for a child.

Yes. He went full desvoted husbando on Rem after arc 3. During arc 2 and arc 3 however, Subaru was already in-love with Rem, but he was too much of a pussy to admit it at the time.

came here to post this

>Has anyone here read the manga?
>manga
Manga is behind the anime.
We're all here for the WN.

>harem
no

Because people like to shit about something they don't even consume and like to associate themselves in a "mob mentality".

That or they just see a bunch of girls in the cover and automatically assume its a harem.

So is this the thread Summaryanon will be posting in, or...

Its just a shitposter-kun thread. He'll post the new chapter somewhere else.

if you think Subaru is a realistic character you need to read a book or watch a film. Even generic hollywood schlop writes more believable human beings than him.

He seems pretty realistic to me

the fact that a ton of people on this board unironically think this show is "one of the great ones" just shows how anime and Sup Forums have declined

Assasination chick best chick

do you think the "faking happiness to not worry loved ones" thing is new? It's been a cliche for ages, and his character follows the cliche almost religiously. He's one of the most predictable and forced characters I have seen in awhile. The show is completely anvilicious in it's attempts to show this as well, they never miss an opportunity to rub it in your face and try to get you to believe it. It's not even good use of pretense, it's heavy-handed and clunky. There fails to be any perceivable subversion. Every one of his arcs resolves exactly how you'd expect it to resolve, any attempts of originality were brushed aside in a strange effort to be genre savvy and "self-aware" instead of subverting expectations.

It's shit and only redditors like it

Would have been better if they had more Ana, Ram, Beatrice, and Elsa.

Once season 2 hits that's all you'll be getting considering Rem kicked the bucket and Subaru became a broken man.

>faking happiness to not worry loved ones

Uh, I'm sorry? This doesn't sound like Subaru at all. That little "mask" he has is to hide his legitimate shitty personality. Most of the time he comes across as constantly manipulating people under the guise of being stupid.

>Watch the show expecting pic related to be dogshit character
>Is the show's only saving grace

Why do you people keep lying to me?

It's alright. I'd say it kinda wavers between a 4/10 to a 7/10. From the spoilers, it sounds like it would get better as we get further along in the story, so I would like to watch more and see how it turns out.

How many cities will he raze once he finds out he can no longer save his oni girlfriend?

He has been in the near-villain territory for so long I just want it to happen already.

Why is this fag making the same fucking thread every day?

It seems you didn't read or watch them either

>falling for the blandere

Kind of ironic that the villain of arc 2 is the reason that the main villain of the story is not mantling his role or is the catalyst for slowing down the process at least.

It is cliche that the "power of love" is what is causing the bad guy to try and become a good guy while also retaining or trying to overcome his bad guy features but still entertaining nonetheless. But I do expect Subaru at some point come back to Echidna and the other Witches and ask them for advice on how to make undead, mabeasts and great spirits. Though that's my over ambition talking.

/thread

That's not Rem.

I think it was, but you know Sup Forumsutists always have to shit on something if it's popular, so I'll likely be the only one to say I really liked it and am hoping for a second season.

Making threads over and over just for the sake of shitposting is just what some people do in this site to have fun
The people who reply seriously to these threads are even worse honestly

Rem is anything but bland user

ep 15 was 9/10 ! the rest episodes were just decent

She's honestly a dogshit of a character

>reddit:Zero
>a masterpiece
Lmao. This garbage is not even good.

Re:Zero is a masterpiece user just end this debate already. Only reddit rejects hate this show with passion.

No, but it's not bad either.

all the characters in this show are lame as fuck

LOL I AM CRAZY SLOTH GUY I AM SUPER PSYCHO BOOO

if you like this show you are maybe 15 years old

>in your opinion is re zero a masterpiece
No, it's pretty terrible

>Reinhard
>Felt
>Rem
>Elsa
>Beatrice

I liked these characters, but the show fucking brushed them off to the irrelevant-to-the-plot zone as soon as it could.

Subaru is already an archbishop. Its only a matter of time.

I'm sure his daughteru will keep him at bay

until she dies that is

Why do you gotta bum me out like that user?

It's a very solid and enjoyable series, but it's no masterpiece. There really aren't many anime at that level for me.

Tappei will make her happy

He even said he will make her super duper happy, I know he will

>Visits Sup Forums/a/
>asks for "Sup Forums's" opinion
>"masterpiece"
>225x321 file.png
lurk moar

>can't save his oni girlfriend due to either his own incompetence or misfortune.
>would blame everyone else anyway and even swear to conquer the world and make tons of people suffer out of his so-called revenge.

Either your Subaru is a total psychopath or his love for Rem is so strong that it makes him lose his fucking mind and go apeshit and insane. I'd go with the former because I don't think Subaru loves Rem that much, especially when a huge part of his heart is still occupied by Emilia and there's nothing indicating Subaru'll stop being romantically attracted to Emilia in the future. I mean I'd believe in the possibility of Subaru becoming dark lord after Rem dies if Rem was his only his lover. But because he is a fucking two-timer, it's impossible to ask for that kind of devotion to Rem from Subaru and say something like Rem is Subaru's reason for living.

>I'd go with the former because I don't think Subaru loves Rem that much

user, you seem to underestimate just how much Subaru loves Rem. The girl is his moral compass and pillar of support as well as Rem's words are what he lives by. You take the reason he is doing everything past arc 3 away you' be left with an empty husk of a person. Not to mention you can always read arcs 5 and 6 if you want to form your own opinion in regards to Emilia and Subaru's relationship. Also need I remind you that his heart was overtaken by Rem, as he himself stated that the portion she took from his was "oversized".

Rem is quite literally the sole reason why he is pushing so far in every arc rather than running away or giving in. Subaru explicitly said this himself. To say Subaru doesn't love Rem that much is a very big understatement.

>and there's nothing indicating Subaru'll stop being romantically attracted to Emilia in the future.
I have good news for you

They also call Rem Subaru's "Your hearts girl" or "girl in your heart" to make it even more obvious

>Rem is so strong that it makes him lose his fucking mind and go apeshit and insane

this

>nothing indicating Subaru'll stop being romantically attracted to Emilia in the future

user I...

>Also need I remind you that his heart was overtaken by Rem, as he himself stated that the portion she took from his was "oversized".
Hasn't Subaru mentioned again and again that he would love both Emilia and Rem equally though? Last time I checked, Subaru did say that in front of everyone in arc 6.

>[Emilia: Yeah. I think that’s right. Subaru will devote himself to that girl for a while, and he might stop caring about me as well.]
>[Subaru: No. Under no circumstances would that…..]
>happen. It shouldn’t happen.
>He swears that his feelings towards Emilia would not waver from now on either.
>It’s just that his feelings for Emilia were a different part of the entirety of his feelings. Him having strong feelings towards Rem is a fact, and just like Emilia said, if she were to wake up, there was no doubt that he’d become devoted to her.
>However, she says “it’s fine” to Subaru. Then

Well, he definitely did.

>Hasn't Subaru mentioned again and again that he would love both Emilia and Rem equally though?
It's the lie he keeps telling to himself
>Last time I checked, Subaru did say that in front of everyone in arc 6.
Case in point, in arc 6 when he tried to said so again he couldn't finish the sentence because deep down he knows he's bullshitting

>he knows he's bullshitting
So if everything was bullshit then why didn't Subaru just confess to Emilia that he doesn't see her as a love interest? It might actually mean that Subaru still loves Emilia but it's just that their relationship couldn't develop due to Emilia's underdeveloped mentality. So if given enough time, Subaru's feelings for Emilia might become just as strong as those for Rem.

It has been shown that the fastest way to break a Subaru is to hurt his precious potato. The man nearly broke Roswaal's neck just because he was shittalking about her.

>So if everything was bullshit then why didn't Subaru just confess to Emilia that he doesn't see her as a love interest?

Because he still designates her as "main heroine". With Subaru wanting to turn a lie into something real, which has not been working.

you people are worst than spammers

Its been a conscious effort by Subaru to think of Emilia as an interest though what he does and what he says he does are completely different as convincing yourself that you love someone should be a thing that should not happen.

>With Subaru wanting to turn a lie into something real
>broke a bunch of promises and make them become lies.
I seriously can't follow Subaru's thought process.

Subaru is a complicated little shit. His scumminess is deeply rooted in his character.

>Wanting to manipulate an old man who is mourning for his dead wife

its shit

He's unlikeable for a reason user. He's basically Roswaal but not a dick, and we all know how much people hate Roswaal.