Is Moeshit killing Anime?

Is Moeshit killing Anime?

That's like asking if substance abuse is killing Amy Whitehouse
Shit's already dead dude

Anime's been moe since at least the mid 80s.

No. Bad writing and overreliance on adaptations is what kills anime

>astroboy not moe

This, basically.
Art style wise, a modern anime fan should feel more or less at home with Urusei Yatsura episodes from 1985 or 1986. There's nothing wrong with moe, a lot of anime just lack ambition.

shitposting is saving anime

No, fujoshit did

Name three non-shounen, non-comedy action series this season.
Go ahead.
I'll wait.
The length of time it takes will answer your question one way or the other.

Yes

It's completely degenerate and it completely oversaturated the medium. Gone are the original god tier Animes like Berzerk, Akira, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Dragon Ball Z, Evangelion and in are the generic pedophilia fantasy trash like K-On!

Urusei Yatsura was fucking trash and there's everything wrong with moeshit. It's literally the AAA video game trash of Sup Forums.

Easy to market, easy to sell to nu-male betas and with little effort, thought or substance.

>Urusei Yatsura was fucking trash and there's everything wrong with moeshit. It's literally the AAA video game trash of Sup Forums.

Alright, but in that case, it's better to just say that anime's been shit for the majority of its existence. By the time you get to the end of the 80s, shows like Ranma are very similar to modern series in their basic art style, even if they're very dated in technical quality.

Left picture is anime targeted at little girls. Right picture is anime targeted at adult males.

>Alright, but in that case, it's better to just say that anime's been shit for the majority of its existence.

But it's not better to say that because it hasn't

Sure there was moe trash back in the 80s and 90s but was it fuck as saturated as it is nowadays.

Go on, answer this quest Or fuck it, get me just ONE original Anime movie or series that is certified GOAT status in the same vein as Cowboy Bebop, Berzerk, Vampire Hunter D, Evangelion, Akira etc that came out post 2010, shit, get me one post 2005.

The only shit I can think off is studio ghibli material and they've been at it for decades.

I agree with this.

Are modern day weebs the equivalent of SJWs and feminists? Hear me out, hear me out.

It looks like the same thing that happened with feminists and SJWs who hated seeing sexy women portrayed in movies as sexy women is now happening with perma-virgin weeb losers.

Beta numale cucks can't handle watching a real mans MAN in action, instead they have to have some effeminate fuckboi that they can relate to as the lead character.

IBO (its shit, but it meets your criteria)
Onihei

Fuck. I can't think of a third. I was going to say Tiger Mask, but technically its shounen.

Not going to waste time arguing. Our tastes are just too different, and you seem like kind of a douche to boot. Aside from Eva, everything you listed is boring as piss to me, and I love plenty of 2010s anime.

You should go to anidb and look at the old anime calendars sometime, since you're seemingly just cherry picking. You might have liked a larger minority of series from the 80s and 90s, but not everything from back then was gritty and edgy and Western. By far the most dominant kind of anime during the early 80s, if you actually look through the charts of what aired back then, was family-friendly, squeaky clean children shows.

All of these posts were typed out by me.

Does IBO not count as a shounen? I know it has one manga aimed at shounen and one at sienen.

Moe is best genre. Deal with it.

I think shounen in this sense means series that have increasing power levels, tournament arcs, and such. Like DBZ, HxH, etc.

> and you seem like kind of a douche to boot

Well, seeing as you're the only one to outright throw an insult during this back and fourth, I would say you're hardly any better yourself. And seeing as we're on the topic of assuming each others personalities, I would say you're a degenerate beta cuckold virgin who likes watching cartoons with little school girls prancing around because he doesn't have any good memories of high school himself

>Aside from Eva, everything you listed is boring as piss to me, and I love plenty of 2010s anime.

Ah, so you have abhorrent taste, kinda explains why you like moeshit. Gotcha.

>You should go to anidb and look at the old anime calendars sometime

I'm not doing your arguing for you, name me one held in as high regard as Akira.

Sure, it's the best genre to tell if somebody needs placing on the FBI watch list.

Harem and pandering self-inserts have ruined anime.

No. It's what keeps it alive.

If Anime needs to be filled with this degenerate garbage then it would be better suited, dead

Or you swith to other medium