What is Sup Forums's take on society's over-reliance on technology?

What is Sup Forums's take on society's over-reliance on technology?

I go out of my way to avoid technology whenever I can, I have a manual car because I like having direct control over my car, and only navigate from point A to point B through maps because GPS is dumb shit. Seriously, do you really need to use fucking voice detection for a Google search when you can just type it out? It seems to be reaching ridiculous levels where people are domesticated animals of the silicon Jew incapable of basic skills.

You're just being contrarian if you neglect GPS in favor of maps

I dunno OP. i posted a thread similar to this one, and nobody had any real answers. Other than going full primitive technology, we will continue creating systems which end up shackling us.

Its all gonna burn pretty soon anyway. Better to get off the grid now while its still your choice than as part of a cannibalistic mob later.

Eventually AI will run everything.

>le "contrarian" buzzword

Nigger not even a week ago the GPS made us take a detour around a few blocks when we could have just gone straight onto the street we wanted to go into with a direct turn. GPS is retarded, it does not and never will replace good ole fashioned map navigation. Stop being a soyboy and you will see it is far from the epitome of precision you imagine it to be. It is good for reference but will never replace maps.

>I go out of my way to avoid technology whenever I can, I have a manual car
clutch and gears are still technology idiot

Not clear on what your point is, OP.

Cars are technology, the device you posted from is technology. Do you mean "smart" devices? Things like voice detection on phones is for ease-of-use or for people who are impaired. Much like your car has improved since 1900, technology has become more accessible.

Worry more about tech like Google Home and Amazon Echo that have a 24/7 internet connected microphone in your house. Using a GPS isn't ridiculous when you're navigating an unfamiliar place, and calling it "dumb shit" isn't really an argument.

Early 2000s and late 90s were peak for technology. Everything since is overkill and detracts from humanity

I agree to an extent. Some new tech has been extremely beneficial. GPS and similar tech in smartphones have helped in countless emergencies. Being able to geo-locate a 911 caller in seconds saves lives.

But most tech is unnecessary and is mostly gimmicky and built off social fads. Social media was the biggest mistake. The last thing we needed was a global soapbox for everybody.

no, kys you spatially inept turd.

I have Uncle Ted's work as e-books.

I am conflicted.

Agreed, actually useful technology like maps and medical advances are greatly beneficial to society. Material/superficial technology such as social media and even 'modern' vidya I think we would be better off without

Tech is good until it interfers with social relations.
It is great to easier pain, to spread knowledge but it is sad to see the social drive and control of a generatikn

Those technologies were all disruptive when they first came out. We can't get rid of technology once it exists, we just have to adapt ourselves to it.

Luddites please leave.

Technology has made everything better.

lol your tune will change if you ever go to hospital for anything hypocrite faggot

Most tech raises concern when it is introduced because most people don't understand it. A lot of great ideas have died because it wasn't as easy to use as an app store or web browser.

>Blindly trusting technology

I think I found your problem.

> A fucking leaf.

That's not GPS you dumb nigger. That's pathfinding AI using a GPS sensor. If you had ever used a compass and landmarks on a map to triangulate your position you would know that the only reason to do it is because GPS is unavailable or to practice so you can do it if it ever becomes unavailable.

TED WAS RIGHT

gps takes traffic into account
plus it literally serves as a map with a search function

This fucking guy gets it. Thanks, I thought I was the only one.

Engine is controlled by computer also