Remember when anime wasn't an advertisement for the source material? And when they ran out of stuff to adapt...

Remember when anime wasn't an advertisement for the source material? And when they ran out of stuff to adapt, studios just make up their own stuff? Do you miss those days?

Nope

Yes, I do remember when studios would ruin any chance of making a new season of a show because they would start ignoring the original material halfway through, ending everything with an original ending.

God no.

FMA: Brotherhood was a godsend we only get once in a generation. Usually the original shitfest the studio ruins ends all chances of a real adaptation.

Is it any better now where a series would finish one or two storylines but end abruptly because they caught up with the source material? Another season won't even be possible for years.

A-1 Pictures doesn't

Yes, this is one of the best anime movies of all time.

>And when they ran out of stuff to adapt, studios just make up their own stuff?
What a dark time.

>And when they ran out of stuff to adapt, studios just make up their own stuff?
Those times are far from behind us sadly.

>FMA: Brotherhood
> godsend
I think you are using the wrong word there user, unless ofcourse "godsend" is an euphemism for "brain-dead shounen shit piece of garbage for toddlers and twats"

I unironically like anime-original ending of FMA. The poignancy added an emotional depth do it that Brotherhood lost after bringing in too many side characters and sub plots, and FMA's ending stayed truer to the themes of loss and sacrifice that were emphasized early in the manga. You can say that Dante wasn't a very strong villain, but at least she was human with sympathetic motivations, unlike Father.

The movie was shit, though. Unnecessary, too removed from the original plot, and undoes the emotional impact of the anime ending.

Madhouse should make an anime-original continuation of HxH, since Togashi's never going to finish it.

>Do you miss the days when studios tried to play author and failed horrifically 99% of the time?
No, I fucking don't.

I think the reason Togashi dropped HxH is because he realized he fucked up and made the Dark continent way too massive with way too many open ends.
With the whole idea of different worlds he more or less set of the premise of the series being never ending.

I honestly can't even think of a point where the story would end. There was no clear cut goal than going on adventures.

At this point, I'd trust just about anyone BUT Miura to put out a good ending to Berserk.

Holy fuck I thought all the 03fags killed themselves when Brotherhood first premiered

Was she the old lady?

> I think the reason Togashi dropped HxH is because he realized he fucked up and made the Dark continent way too massive
That doesn't even make sense, he was slow as fuck for ages before the Dark Continent was even mentioned.

>Do you miss those days?
After Yumekui Merry and Pandora Hearts? Hell no. I do wish they'd do more of a series they adapt though.

He's not wrong. The nicest thing Brotherhoodfags can say about Brotherhood is that it's the "real version" when placed alongside the better written 2003. It's a generic shonen that gets any more props than that for being "true to the manga."

Let's not forget Bokurano: Kill The Evil Villain Edition.

Not the same thing. In Bokurano's case, the director didn't like the manga and had his own agenda.

>Pandora Hearts
That had like a 12 minute anime original ending. Everything else was mainly from the manga.

I disagree, I don't think that makes it a fundamentally different thing. It was still a case of the anime diverging from an unfinished manga (there were questionable changes before that, but the really big shitty decisions only came after) and being bad because of it. It was more extreme because of the director's stance, but the overall point stands - that allowing the anime staff to freewheel without source material from the creator of the rest of what they're working with leads to bad things for various reasons.

Still bad enough considering what the anime original ending was.

It was Oz walking to a destroyed house and meeting his "father's" familiar saying he was going to keep fighting and then walked away.

You're an idiot. The Pandora Hearts anime ending is like one of the most non-issues ever.

Did you forget all the bullshit involving the abyss out of nowhere that made them team up with the enemies? That's what stuck with me the most as what pissed me off.

No

>lol nazis
>well written

>brotherhoodfags think that the presence of nazis constitute a writing flaw

In an anime with a literal fuhrer.

2003 will always be objectively better than Brotherhood because of the anime ending. The movie was good too.

>>Better written
>>Someone resurrected Gluttony

>better written
>someone resurrected barry

Gluttony could have been an experiment; we don't know. What we do know is that Brotherood's Sloth and Lust were essentially non-characters and that its main villain had all the personality of a puddle.

Alice being able to destroy Gryphon by yelling was fucking stupid. The whole thing with generic chains appearing in the city was too.

Not to mention, it didn't even try to wrap shit up like other anime original endings do. It would need at least 39 episodes to have a chance at doing that well, but the final episodes just weak sequel bait that would end up being retconned in a season 2 anyway.

So yes, the ending was shit.

>Do you miss those days?

They still do it.

>alchemy is powered by the suffering of the world beyond the gate.

>Remember when anime wasn't an advertisement for the source material?
The first anime ever made were advertisements.