U.S. Military Peparing 6th Gen Aircraft

> The new6th-generationfighter will also likely fire lasers and have the ability to launch offensive electronic attacks.The F-35 Is Old News: U.S. Military Has Big Plans for a 6th Generation Fighter

The Air Force Chief Scientist, Dr. Geoffrey Zacharias, has told Scout Warrior that the US anticipates having hypersonic weapons by the2020s, hypersonic drones by the2030sand recoverable hypersonic drone aircraft by the2040s. There is little doubt that hypersonic technology, whether it be weaponry or propulsion, or both, will figure prominently into future aircraft designs.

> The Air Force has begun experimenting and conceptual planning for a 6th generation fighter aircraft to emerge in coming years as a technological step beyond the F-35, service leaders said.

yahoo.com/news/f-35-old-news-u-015000153.html

> The new aircraft, engineered to succeed the 5th-generation F-35 Joint StrikeFighter and explode onto the scene by the mid 2030s, is now in the earliest stages of conceptual development with the Air Force and Navy. The two services are now working together on early conceptual discussions about the types of technologies and capabilities the aircraft will contain. While the Air Force has not yet identified a platform for the new aircraft.

F35 is old news. We are about to rip open a can of star wars technology on your 3rd world commie fucking asses. Why the fuck do you faggots even try to keep up with us? We bout to be Death Star tier, N' shiiiiieeeeeeee MOTHER FUCKER!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=upb_GQUeNPM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tyUh_xSjvXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kT7qrYi8R_M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Scientist_of_the_U.S._Air_Force
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>by the2040s
What pitifully slow development.

I’m sure the Ruskis and People’s Pub have their own competitive drive to. It will be interesting to see these huge leaps in tech huh. Faster, stronger, better all for the sake of an edge and nothing but a continuous positive feed back loop of competition and research? Makes my nuts hurl.

Niggers

>lazers
if only we could use then for anything more than drones and dazzling

> implying they would give a real timeline

You stupid faggot. We already have them made. You clearly don't know shit. Do you honestly think the F35 is the top tier of what we have?LOL! Are you a nigger?

Yes. Water is wet, news at 11.

Preliminary work for F-22 began in late seventies when F-15 had been barely introduced and was only at initial operational capability. Program was called Advanced Tactical Fighter. Formal request for information being issued in June 1981, initial performance requirements being issued in 1984 and formal requests for proposal being issued in 1985. Down selection of proposals being done in 1986. First flight of experimental prototypes happening in mid 1990. Selection of F-22 for development happened in 1991, first flight in 1997 and introduction into squadron service in 2005.

No. It is realistic schedule.

How stupid are you?

Russia is broke as fuck and cannot afford such expensive projects and China isn't creative, they just fucking steal technology and secret. Stupid chinks.

>We are about to rip open a can of star wars technology on your 3rd world commie fucking asses.
Why are you so excited about the US criminal elite of bankers viciously plundering the rest of the world?

>Using hypersonic weaponry that costs in the billions of $$ to develop and build on goat farmers.
Jeez. I wonder why the US is so broke.

Goat farmers are the perfect testing grounds for next gen weaponry.

You stupid nigger gook. We have alien ships and shit.

Once they figure out hypersonic aircraft modern defense systems like THAAD and the S-400 Will be obsolete. Russia/China will have no choice but to develop equally intimidating offensive weapons to maintain MAD. The next decade or 2 is unveil some crazy fast weapons from all sides.

Until the U.S. goes broke and can't maintain its military because of retarded planning policies like this one.
How much are you in debt now? Like a full 11% of your GDP?

>Until the U.S. goes broke
Ohohoho
Oh dear, funny joke my kangaroo wrangler.

>You stupid nigger gook. We have alien ships and shit.
Fuck off to /x/, ATS or whatever other shithole you crawled out of.

>will fire lasers
CUT THE CHATTER, RED TWO

The idea is that by developing futuristic weaponry, you can force peer nations to account for your capabilities in their planning. The F-22 has never shot down another aircraft, but even the mention of deploying it somewhere will make Russia and China shit themselves. Hypersonic weapons will work the same way.

Mate, we're at 18.9%. If you include consumer debt, we're over 100%.

> he still thinks debt means something when we created the fake currency system we use today

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Wew, lad.

>M8 we're in the same boat
Oh I have no doubt that were heading to disaster (because poor management, debt and retarded gender equality laws were it doesn't matter if you've got experience or skills in a certain field, only what you've got under your skirt matters), bit it's foolish to think that the U.S. in the same boat but worse.

HAHAHA PRAISE DRUMPF SHADILAYYYY

I think it will reach a point where next gen aircraft will be too dangerous for human pilots.

Hypersonic or whatever sounds like a lot of G-force and your brain does not enjoy G-force.

I feel like we should spend more money on next-gen tanks instead like Spider Tanks

Oh great another 3 trillion dollar project for a weapon we will literally never use.

> fuck off to /x/

Why?

The US military focuses on Air superiority so its no surprise programs for new aircraft are so ambitious.

Swarm-style laser-shooting stealth fighter drones and supersonic stealth bombers should be the future of the air force.

>cost
>$500m/aircraft
god bless america

pic related

why do i love aussies so much?

i'm pretty sure that guy is dead

Has the F-35 even had a mission yet?

>mentioning drone swarms as the backbone of an airforce
anything not controlled directly by a pilot in the cockpit will be lost in combat with a real nation. even if it's north korea or iran, russia or china will spoof or hack them and they and we will be fucked

You act like we are some fucking African nation.

Jesus Christ, off yourself.

That is the correct board for tin foil hat bullshit on this site.

I saw the video warning us about drones. Those swarms are scarry as fuck

i'm not sure if it's even flown outside of trials, dude

it's a piece of shit and if i had a time machine i would go back and gas everyone involved with bringing it into reality
>one plane will do everything

typical fucking retarded old person bullshit

>JSF is a justifiable program
best solution to the JSF question in my opinion is advanced EW systems adapted to the F35 to compensate for lack of stealth by other cheaper, more reliable platforms

our issue is readiness, and if we're acquiring $150m planes to replace old pieces of shit where like 75% can't fly, we're never going to have total war-capable readiness levels

>i saw a video about an exaggeration that existed solely to make a point

Ahahaha u mad ? amerifag
Who care about your F35 which create by million dollars and get shoot down by normal missiles from our poor country anyway

and now you moan about muh 6 Gen Aircraft ?
pathetic

Russia and China literally can't even build competent fifth gen aircraft. MAD is going away in a hurry once hypersonic ABM interceptor missile emplacements go up.

Still half the price of a B-2A.

Yes. They're deployed in the Pacific Fleet on carriers right now.

China already has hypersonic weapons already too

Hizbu ALLAH has better aircraft that is able to shoot down that F-35 junk without effort.

>by 2040

KEK

we already this picture related.

youtu.be/tyUh_xSjvXQ

laser tech is old news. we already have this stuff on planes/drones/tanks with long range IR cameras and can vaporize individual people and destroy vehicles from over a mile away in the darkness of night, without our enemies knowing where it's coming from.

>hypersonic weapons by the2020s
Fuck Russia has them right now

cool I am sure they will be very impressive against those Nigerian warlords

bahaha good gif mate, this is why I come to this site

Hi. We have laser weapons that can melt engine blocks.

OMFG SOME LIGHTS

At the low low cost of 2.9 trillion for R&D and 500 mil per aircraft.

>at 9km
>with no fog and no precipitation
>sucks in humidity
>trouble through missile shells

Yeah. Vaporizing commies, gooks and Muslims.

Le 56% amirite fellow Anons??
Nuff said
Shill
Nigger
Fag
OP's cousin

lol

The Airforce barely has its shit together as is, and you're expecting me to believe that it's going to succesfully employ any of that within this short of a timeframe? They can barely manage to work with what they have now and manning is still at an all time low.

>won't make anime real
into the trash it goes

youtube.com/watch?v=kT7qrYi8R_M

>Air Force Chief Scientist
huh, never knew there was such a thing, interesting title
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Scientist_of_the_U.S._Air_Force

America is selling all it's allies the F-35 and China and Russia are only a couple years away from selling anyone with the money their own 5th gens. Also Japan and Europe are reportedly investigating their own 6th gen programs. America only gets to remain top dog along as they can stay a generation ahead of everyone else.

It's going to take about 20 years before any such 6th gen jet can enter service at which point the last of america 4th and 4.5 gens will be at retirement age.

while white americans roam the sky unchallenged their true enemy culturally enrich them on the ground

The tech already exists to make an autonomous fighter. The only issue the ethics behind giving a computer the power to kill people based on it's own decision making ability. A computer controlled fighter will always out perform a human counterpart because machines react faster, think faster, don't get tired or distracted, don't hesitate, don't fell stressed and aren't effected by g-forces as much as people.

>The F-22 has never shot down another aircraft
Just few days ago F-22 got chased away like a bitch by Su-35 in Syria

You can scare goat farmers with us "tech", but not Russia. We can not only detect your "stealth" shit easily, we can also simply turn it off in mid flight via EWF capabilities and facilities too as US is retardedly unprepared.

Russia is a declining technological and economic power. I doubt they'd have the financial clout or technical know how to have a 6th generation program. All eyes will be on China. The 2010s will be seen as Russia swan song.

im willing to shoot lasers at aliens, sign me up, DM me on twitter, i'm the best aylmao exterminator you'll ever find
i'll show those xenobastards that you don't fuck with the U S A

>Just few days ago F-22 got chased away like a bitch by Su-35 in Syria
what? The F-22 dropped flares and the Su left.

>believing Pentagon propaganda
It was harassing old Su-25 bombers, so Su-35 went to intercept and get into its rear making it retreat as a bitch

fuck you, he's selling me on it with the lasers
how the fuck are you going to dogfight aliens in space without lasers to hit them with?
it's time to show gleepglorp who's boss

Russia will build better defense as always.. they know they can t compete with US on the sttack so they invest all on defense

>f-35 project cost billions of dollars and several years
>finally finished, military instantly begins plans for next project
>f-35 hasn't even been used in combat yet
just fuck my shit up, senpai

>beliving kremlin propaganda
Just as bad Ivan....

Ballistic re-entry vehicles are hypersonic targets. THAAD, Standard Missile and S-400/500 will just need just another set of missiles added to the systems.

>broke
Yeah ok. As long as we pay our bills and wave our big dicks appropriately.

>Russia will build better defense as always.. they know they can t compete with US on the sttack so they invest all on defense

Alternatively they will seek asymmetric response like heavy ultra long range torpedoes with massive nuclear warheads. Something that dwarfs megaton class warheads of past, maybe even salt the warhead with cobalt. Abandoning the current trend of smaller nuclear weapons not that genocidial targeting policy. One that focuses on military targets instead of economic targets and expand it to ecological warfare.

Is it another (((stealth)))?

>over a mile away
cutting edge tech right there, kek

>be US
>need muh newest planes to defend myself

>be Russia
>need more tanks for protecting the glory of the motherlamd

>be Finland
>Gun and some skies will suffice

Honestly those research subs are badass. I am sure we have somthing similar, but they are secret. Pretty cool shit, espeically the deep sea midget subs.

What is non-linear adaptive optics and phase conjugation.

1/4 the price*

didn't they just get a new super plane.

This is gigantism to another degree...

That file name got me x'D

We've had hypersonic weapons since the early 90's.

That was stupid tho. A cheap drone with a pipe bomb could have done that at way less cost.
overengineered as fuck.

Please tell me they also have midget crews

Congratulations on watching the movie 'Stealth'.

whomst remember Reagan's star wars?

always gets me

Aircrafts and ships aren't as useful as they used to be missiles made it easy to destroy them even if the army don't have good ships and aircrafts