Is Weed safer than Alcohol?

Is Weed safer than Alcohol?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2gbPMiARzw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKMaU7jHjYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

obviously

Statistically, in terms of death rate.
Societal effects are much more dangerous.

Yes, and that's why it should be illegal.

Why not both?

Both are degenerate

Pretty damn obvious it is.

Yes but just because it's safer doesn't mean you should do it.
Marijuana should remain criminalized in canada.
Medical benefits sure but the average person is a retard while high on weed, as well the medical usages rarely involve typical smoking and smoking is very bad for your health.

The societal effects of alcohol are enormous. Drunk driving deaths, alcohol is involved in most suicides, alcohol can lead to divorce, violent crime, physical abuse, and most police incidents involve alcohol in some way. There's a huge hidden cost to alcohol for every society.

Simeone Who has a drink at the end of the day, every day is on average a much better functional adult than one who smokes a blunt every day at the end of the day. For some reason people involved in weed culture take pride in the act of smoking weed and they let that become a defining characteristic of their personality. That is why you see guys with dreads, Bob Marley t-shirts and red yellow green things. You immediately know that guy is a pothead. But I doubt that the average alcohol drinker goes with "I love rumm" t-shirts
TL;Dr weed smokers let weed control their lifes

Yes

weed is degenerate as fuck

>Simeone Who has a drink at the end of the day, every day is on average a much better functional adult than one who smokes a blunt every day at the end of the day

0 proof faggot.

The detrimental effects of excessive alcohol use are largely kept mum. It's a criminal travesty

Duh

not everyone who smokes is like that, that's like judging chronic violent alcoholics the same as anyone who enjoys a few drinks

wtf are you talking about?

>Simeone Who has a drink at the end of the day, every day is on average a much better functional adult than one who smokes a blunt every day at the end of the day

Based on what evidence? A blunt okay, has tobacco but let's just say a normalspliff, alcohol is much more damaging to the body. You don't get "Weed hangovers" (unless you eat like half a tray of brownies)

what about people that go to bars solely to drink (ie. everyone)? what about people that wear coors light shirts or budweiser hats?
>you immediately know that guy is a drinker

I smoke weed and you'd never know it to look at me. You sound like an idiot who's never smoked weed or been around anyone who does it and gets your info from Sup Forums threads.

It's exactly what everyone is saying to defend weed compared to alcohol. Muh drunk driving, muh violent drunks. If you call out my falacies do so with the rest

There's loads of alcohol related identity. From beer tshirts to Facebook posts of "look at me I'm out my face" to people who can barely function at work while blaming their hangover like it's some kind of badge of honor. Even sports sponsors with ALCOHOL plastered across your teams favourite strip you wear

Battleshots anyone?

This is the reaction I was waiting for. People who smoke are quick to point out that not all smokers are potheads, and I know because I smoke too. But then they attack alcohol with the same extremes as I did about pot. I drink and smoke, although I shouldn't. And none of those things hugely affect my life. The amount of responsible drinkers compared to the amount of violent drunks is comparable to the amount of safe smokers to useless potheads

Smoking to extent of inhaling burning hot smoke that quickly gets coller as it passes to the end of joint and to your lungs.

No

They are two sides of the same coin. Don't fuck up your dopamine receptors.

implying those stats aren't similar per capita as far as smoking weed is concerned. It's just harder to detect if someone is stoned. Like, stoned driving. You can't just blow in a thingy and test positive.

Both are bad, but while alcohol is worse, I prefer it.
Weed make you lazy af, and you turn into a real faggot real quick. I have a friend who smoked his brain away, is now bipolar. There are some serious AF side-effects.
I'll enjoy my whiskey knowing its worse for my liver and my body in general, but basically don't be a cunt ffs

This.

For a board that is considered "trad" and "right wing" it's infested with drug addict trash from Sup Forums.

You wanna feel high OP? How about instead of being a lazy pos cookie cuter you get on anabolic steroids, a 5k kcal diet and lift some heavy ass iron instead. But that's too hard, too much effort, too much time.

Typical degenerate lowlife, grasping at pseudo science to justify your own addiction. No better than the "soyboys" and "bugmen".

I don't believe it's safer. People who smoke weed have higher rates of violence than those who only drink alcohol.

Weed doesn't impair driving or cause violent behavior like alcohol.

Ya but the societal effects of weed is that everybody will be fucking stoned all the time.

>if weed is legal every one will become a stoner
Yeah makes sense, oh wait barely anyone gets drunk all the time and alcohol is actually physically addictive.

Well, you're wrong. Maybe it doesn't impair as much as alcohol, IDK, but it still impairs your judgement and reflexes.

Stoned people are still 80% as good as sober people for doing ordinary tasks. A drunk person is 0% as good, completely useless. Also why would they be high all the time? People don't stay high 24/7 except a few heavy users.

Very slight physical impairment. Nowhere near as bad as alcohol.

>Societal effects are much more dangerous
top fucking kek, good goy

Both together or you get the leather.

they both kill you

They’re both bad, weed is less bad

What this great user said. Live by his example.

not an argument.

>infested with drug addict trash
>get on anabolic steroids

wew lad

>Societal effects are much more dangerous.
Like getting series A funding for your startup or writing a book or....?

This thread will just be a bunch of stoners defending their weed against statistics for alcohol being seriously abused (blackout drunk, drunk driving, etc)

When you sit at home and have a drink or two with dinner, alcohol is practically water. Weed will always be degenerate filth

Provide some source because this sounds just retarded.

IS Sup Forums full of retarded lonely autistic neets who cant socialize and are in thhe age range of 13-16?

More news at 11!

Perhaps but it comes with its own dangers. Weed is suppressing the spiritual hunger in man. You need to realise that. It isn't spiritual food.

If you have gotten high and gone to that place, it can imprint you vital force and cause you problems, you can be stuck there.

Western Civilization was built on alcohol.

No. Weed modifies your brain, it rewires it and makes you more imbecal because you donm't notice it so hard,y as with alcocolh. This is especally dangerous because weed is marketed at children and teens.

It's a nigger drug.

It turns you into a nigger.

Weed is chemcial warfare against the Western civilization and it's children

Guess you must have smoked a lot of it then.

>Weed is suppressing the spiritual hunger in man. You need to realise that. It isn't spiritual food.

It's literally been used as a spiritual drug for thousands of years.

>no valid point bases on research and facts to make
>"Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger"

This board is shit. I hope people legitimately don't base their political opinions around the garbage on this board.

Guns are safer than alcohol. That includes niggers.

I had a lot of friends in school who thought weed is safer and better thank aclohol.

They'r basically braindead now and incapable of leading a nomal life

It doesn't matter. It's not ok to habitually use any drug, your recreational drug use should be so sparing that you could ingest literal poison to get high and not experience any long-term side effects.

yeah alright Im dutch TRUST ME, smoking weed fucks with your brain on a very insidious level.

people underestimate it and people like you shut down all critisicsm because its your ''favorite drug''. It LITERALLY REWIRES YOUR BRAIN, it also makes you dependent on the dopamine release upon smoking.

Abuse in general is bad
Too much of anything can kill you

Yes, but it creates lethargy.

Dutchbro is right.

I bet you've seen more people going down on weed than on alcohol? I did...

>mushrooms least dangerous
didn't that feminist deadpool guy shoot his girlfriend while high on mushrooms? Also alcohol is legal so of course more people are endangered by it, it's more available. And don't give me that "but teens can get marijuana" teens can also get alcohol, marijuana being available does not prove alcohol is less available or that availability to drugs is what leads to danger, there are no good drugs only more safe drugs and that varies drastically person to person.

I used to smoke every day for the most of this year,two months ago i decided to cut it to once or twice a week because of tolerance building up and it had mildly negative effects,did so with no problem.
I tried to cut 1 pack of cigarettes a day to half and failed every time.
Weed does not cause addiction,person who is addicted to weed could be just as easy addicted to videogames/junkfood/cocacola(i know people who are)etc.
I hate to see that people on Sup Forums corrupted with that puritan garbage,its all about moderation when it comes to recreational substances(not to say you should do hard drugs and that shit but cannabis,alcohol and some psychedelics are ok),it is lack of moderation that leads to degenerate behavior.

Yes

currently

>Abuse in general is bad
>Too much of anything can kill you
life

Safer in some ways but not really in others

no.
alcohol is safer than weed

> Tobacco above amphetamine
Yeah sure. If 40% of people were abusing amphetamine instead of smoking, life would be much better.

>shoot someone on mushrooms
his gf must have been huge bitch to make someone on shrooms shoot them
i mean i can't do shit on shrooms, much less operate a gun
and stories like these tend to have more than one factor in it

I guess the positive effect of legalizing weed is that you guys get to see how a typical potheads looks like.

Way Safer.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2gbPMiARzw

user doesn't have to make the ugly faces from the past go away before bed obviously. Oh to be young and no tragedy to ruin your sleep. Fuck you

I find it quite typical that when non alcoholic drugs are involved in something a lot of people go "but circumstances and factors" while with alcohol it's always "ALCOHOL BAD"

really makes you think.

Weedfags need to be gassed.

Weed feminizes men, making them more docile and open to leftist ideology as well as sexual deviancy. The addictive chemicals also rewire the weedfag's brain and make him super defensive when confronted on his habit; he'll make all sorts of claims about how it isn't addictive and cures cancer.

Worst of all, it turns them into the most boring people imaginable. Try having a conversation with a long-term weedfag. He will utter not one interesting thought.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKMaU7jHjYc

Steroid are as much of a drug as fucking vitamin supplements. They don't get you high, they supply your body with something good for it (everything in excess is bad)

yes

Are there actually people in this thread trying to argue that alcohol is safer than weed? Jesus fucking Christ, the state of this planet... Why don't you just ask a doctor or nurse what it's like to detox an alcoholic.

>all famous musicians smoked weed
wut r beetless

Wrong

Meditation is even safer

You are dumber than anyone stoned atm

Yes, I would say John Lennon is a great example of the dangers of weedfagging.

how are societal effects much more dangerous with weed? alcohol fuels violence and leads to promiscuity which leads to little Tyrones and Cletuses running around without a father. some guy getting baked after work isn't going to lose his shit and beat his wife like some PoS drunk does, too. also, alcohol is the true gateway drug since it lowers your inhibition. I would have never found the greatness that is weed if it wasn't for me being drunk when I first tried it. all lying about weed accomplishes is confusion and mistrust about other drugs so people growing up don't know what's real or fake info and then try weed and go "wtf, I was lied to, this isn't bad at all, maybe I was lied to about other drugs like coke, heroine, and ecstasy" so they end up trying those, too, and then go down a slippery slope to becoming a drug addict. if people were just honest about weed, the taboo behind it would be gone and kids wouldn't even care that much about it. instead you create some stupid culture where edgy kids feel like they are pushing the boundaries of society by consuming it. all outlawing weed does is making it easy to buy illegally off the streets, too. in high school, it was way easier to score some bud compared to booze.

They do have the AY LES AV A DRINK LAD and NIGEL GOT PISSED YESTEDAY LMAO club culture dialogues, tv shows etc so it's quite the same.

Both are retarded though, it's not like it's a fucking hobby.

I don't know but whiskey and weed go together greatly, hand in hand

Alcohol is fucking deadly to certain people. Statistics prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Liqour stores make most of their money from a tiny fraction of ruined alcoholics. However, despite what little stoner cunts say, weed can completely fuck up some peoples minds, its more or less a gamble. No direct deaths, maybe I'll give you that one. But I have seen countless people fuck up their lives on it. A very small percentage of people just get their brain chemistry rewired by it and become mental, another much larger percentage (yet still next to none of the overall population) become talentless fucks because they've been smoking it since they were 14 and never learnt to do anything except watch Simpsons repeats and not shower. If you have an addictive personality, stay away from both. If you fuck with any mind altering substance like weed or booze you have a chance of having your life fucked. Take it from someone who has done both constantly for a decade. Dopamine giving drugs are a great way to gamble with your life, depending on the genetics you were born with.

Marijuana does have medical benefits though, and denying people help because fuck ups will abuse it is letting the dregs of society dictate your laws, and that is a sure fire way to fuck up a society.

>Simeone

>this demigod legend is dead
>haha weed is gey, told u

you ARE proof that weed makes you smarter

We already know this isnt true.

Unequivocally. In every way.

Except legally. In that, booze is safer.

This guy knows. Most of my friends fell down that road while I got a golden ticket out of town. We were all lied to and weed was abundant in our territory so when we grew up it was suddenly in our faces so we tried and saw it was far more manageable than alcohol. THAT in itself was the "gateway" to trying amphs and coke at clubs while drunk. And before you realized those were actually as fucked as people make them out to be it was already late for some.

Weed is no magic herb either, it has its negative side-effects but not nearly as much as popular belief or alcohol.

People who cant control themselves with substances are the people who are degenerates anyway, the substance doesnt cause it, the people are like that anyway, and their over indulgence in drugs is usually a symptom of that.

My blackout at last weekend's work Christmas party suggests yes

She was masturbating with a fuck buddy on skype why her boyfriend was high on mushrooms, they had an "open relationship" type situation. Dude literally lost it because he was being cucked.

I still believe that it isnt the weed causing people to end up like that but their extreme use of it is a symptom of underlining issues and personalities. I think dead beats will always be deadbeats no matter what, I dont think weed makes people dead beats but I think people with a deadbeat personality will be the ones to exploit weed because they aren't good at planning ahead and have a brain that is focused entirely on animal pleasures instead of higher pleasures and planning.

I think deadbeats are the kind of people born with less of a dopamine reward response in their brain so they're less motivated in general, and extra motivated by weed because that peaks their response more than it would be peaked naturally.

I still believe that it isnt the weed causing people to end up like that but their extreme use of it is a symptom of underlining issues and personalities. I think dead beats will always be deadbeats no matter what, I dont think weed makes people dead beats but I think people with a deadbeat personality will be the ones to exploit weed because they aren't good at planning ahead and have a brain that is focused entirely on animal pleasures instead of higher pleasures and planning.

I think deadbeats are the kind of people born with less of a dopamine reward response in their brain so they're less motivated in general, and extra motivated by weed because that peaks their response more than it would be peaked naturally.

I feel like even if a deadbeat didnt get into weed they'd still probably end up a deadbeat. I mean I see deadbeat stoners the same way I see deadbeat neets, there are plenty of deadbeats who dont use drugs but just kind of opt out of life because they've got shitty personalities and shitty genetics and a brain that cant reward itself for positive life decisions.

>be me
>functional alcoholic
>come home from work
>open a bottle of wine
>roll a joint
>by the end of the night before I go to bed, I've probably finished the bottle, or opened a second one
>2-3 joints per evening
>wake up with hangover to get ready for work
>pro at my job(sysadmin), and I can solve pretty much any issue

does this trigger the Sup Forums?

oops. sorry duplicate reply, I added a bit more at the end though on the second one

Hard to tell but it certainly is not known to produce things like cirrhosis, esophageal varices, etc. more complex issues like divorce, child abuse, hard to say.

no, it probably triggers your vital organs though. I'm glad you're able to stay mentally sharp, but you think there won't be any consequences for your heavy drinking? do you think you are some robot with some advanced organs made to process alcohol without any negative side effects? you are as dumb as the pothead who thinks smoking isn't fucking up their lungs.