Why they hate the word "good"

Have you swallowed the Jewpill and started saying "I'm doing well" when asked how you are? Maybe you've heard them say "superman does good; you do well"? Well fucking kys, because you don't have to.
quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/good-versus-well
It's fine to say it, and you're the only people who I think might be open to why they're trying to erase it from the vernacular.
It's not because they care about being correct, no: It's partly because they want everyone to play the Game of Better and Lesser, and partly because they do not want a world in which the common man trusts his own sense of what is good and what is bad.
Good and bad is not right and wrong, nor is it healthy or unhealthy (well and unwell are synonymous with this): It is an expressed measure of the sum total of a person's practical knowledge of what is beneficial to a society and what is not. That, is the measure of goodness and badness.
It is seeing that harming women is degenerative. It is seeing that anti-social minorities are degenerative. It is seeing that social minorities are generative. It is seeing that living for others is generative. It is, in our time, seeing that living to exterminate evil is good, and sometimes necessary.
We can feel this things to be true. As a great man once penned, we take these truths to be self-evident.
Stop this infantile, fearful trend of saying "I am doing well", simply so that you are not left out of the Club of Betters. Take a bit of time to educate yourself on the grammar involved and then say with confidence "I am doing good". Let this be another way by which we know each other.
I know that I am not your usual type of voice here. I know that I sound "prim and proper", and I haven't used a pejorative once. I know these things, but I am one of you, I swear it. I have lurked, sometimes posting, and you may remember me as the man who linked the concept of mythological Vampirism to Jews, using Browning's "Porphyria's Lover".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1vcgW0-tdWE
youtube.com/watch?v=6shpHuUpSCo
youtube.com/watch?v=EBK5aKOr2Fw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're right. English, especially english, was designed for this subliminal type of stuff.

Jesus fuck take your meds, nigger. Well is an adverb. It means good.

well does not mean good.

>>>/facebook/

No, it doesn't exactly because its a different part of speech. Any other hairs you want to split?

OP, go on TOR and post through Australia if you are going to shitpost like this.
Q: How are you doing?
A: I am doing well.
Q: What are you doing?
A: I am doing good.

yup, language holds great power in itself. if you can learn to use it, you can learn to abuse it. wrote a lot of subliminal shit during the memewar at yt on the kids, and i certainly wasnt the only one engaging in it. putting frogs in kids heads, without them knowing it. making them reee subconsciously.

You know what they say after all.....Knowledge is knowing where the ledge is so you don't fall off.

''Well'' means "healthy", my friend. I swear to you. You can take my word, or you can research it to its etymological roots, but the result will be the same. It springs (pun intended) from the Germanic ''wel'', which is somewhat synonymous with "abundance", but it is now used synonymously with "healthy".

The utility of English for subliminal endeavors is incidental; English is exacting; it is the sharpest language tool in the shed - divers implementations are subject, not object(ive).

impossible literally says I'm possible.

Cmon now.

This is very, VERY true. There are few languages more exact. It is up to every man to free himself from the (((shackles))) of muddy, sensational language. I would suggest (for others. It seems you may already know this) beginning with Latin.
Roget and Webster would have been mortal enemies: One believed that everything is everything else, and the other believed that everything is unique unto itself.

You are correct OP. It is like a sublingual seed of moral relativism being planted.

"I'm good" is grammatically correct
"I'm doing good" where good is an being used as an adjective rather than a noun, is not grammatically correct.
Because "am" is a linking verb and "doing" is an action verb.

im- the prefix means "not" or "no". I expect your kind of stupidity on the internet, but it on Sup Forums. Please just lurk and keep your posting for imigur and instagram. That's more your speed.
Low Kek.

The article you didn't read could be summarized like this:

"Doing" in this case is not an action verb but a linking verb, and "well" is therefore a predicate adjective, not an adverb. Its technically correct but implies you've recovered your health after a setback and therefore isn't appropriate in this situation.

"Good" is the appropriate predicate adverb here if you're not recovering your health but just feel good, you're"doing good", jews be damned.

Language is the only magic in the universe. Even if you could hypothetically wave a magic wand and create a block of gold, or make someone your slave, this would simply be a part of how the universe works; it would be natural, Not supernatural.

Only language is capable of distorting reality and controlling minds. Only language is magic.

I am standing corrected.

This

Re-read the article.

Careful with the dispensing of pearls among potential swine user. Lest they trample them or worse, use them to try to destroy you. You should learn to phrase answers and ideas in questions so that only those meant to understand will.

I didn't read the article, but if it contradicts me then it is the article that is wrong, not me.

I avoid saying "good" because of the henious good cycle of conversation that occurs in meatspace. It is the ultimate in tedium.
>how are you doing?
>good, how are you?
>I am good, how is x
>x is good everything is good
>GOOD GOOD GOOD

Your liberation lies in predicate adjectives.

I wonder now if the reticence to say "I am good" is sourced by the Lord's statement "... there is none good except God."
Maybe good (as translated) is the original "bastardized" common word.
Autism-intensifies.jpg

This is a very degenarative attitude, my friend. I say that with love. Remember that the root of "ignorance" is "ignore".

Genuine relateable kek.

Right? It's surprising to me that OP thinks the word good is going out of fashion.

Man the LARP is strong tonite. wew lad

There is a concerted effort to see it so.

No. I’m not some self-important prick who feels special keeping my observations to myself, hoarding them like a shiny object I presume is Gold. Ideas are strengthened through trail and spread in accordance with their durability.

You are covetous of what you find to be truth because it was given to you; I am generous with what I find to be truth because I can make it at will.
You fear depreciation of knowledge, I fear scarcity of knowledge. We are different as men can be.

It's called S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G for this exact reason.

To what point and purpse, OP? You name the Jew in your first post. I blame Jews for everything short of it raining on my birthday, but I don't see it. Jews normalize nigger speak (see BBC pidgin "english" websites.)

The article doesn't contradict me.

It does. Remember that the root of "ignorance" is "ignore".

This post is good. Thank you user.

>implying my post is LARPing
WEW LAD. nufag pls go

Wow. I try to give you some helpful advice and you come back with a veritable PLETHORA of incorrect assumptions. I've just already seen people do what I warned you about. I'm speaking from a position of experience. Your attitude in response to that speaks volumes about your character. Ideas are strengthened through others. Iron sharpens iron. But a blade that meets against another blade that is dull, betters the dull blade while weakening their own sharp edge.

You are right about one thing. We are as different from each other as two men can be.

So that men are more willing to disbelieve themselves when wrongs are forced upon them. So that they do not question. So that there are fewer voices of reason, and more sycophants. So that we all live in fear of being wrong more than we live for what is right.

It doesn't. Remember that the root of "making shit up" is "fuck off nigger".

It does. Your liberation lies in predicate adjectives, in this case. Remember that the root of "ignorance" is "ignore".

>the root word of ignorance isn't ignore
You just went full bogan.

I’m torn between pointing out words aren’t blades and that it was you discouraging me from testing my mettle.

> ... Neither can I be angry with my brother or fall foul of him; for he and I were born to work together, like a man’s two hands, feet, or eyelids, or like the upper and lower rows of his teeth. To obstruct each other is against Nature’s law—and what is irrational or aversion but a form of obstruction?

According to the article, words that could be replaced with "is/am/etc" and keep the same basic meaning, are linking verbs. "Doing" fits this.

I don't mean to get in between you two, but there is truth in both of your positions, and it's only argumentativeness that makes it seem that only one can be so.

>"Doing" fits this.
Nope. See my first post.

I’ll seem all the more pompous, but the truth in his that I see was when it changed to agree with me.
My reaction was too much, but to tell another man you value their opinion but that they shouldn’t share it is too elitist for me.

Copy that. And language plebs would fail to equate "I am well" and "I am doing well" [well: healthy, strong and right relating to] with (as discussed) "I am good" and "I am doing good." [also healthy, strong and (most importantly) "right relating to.")]
I think we degrade the power of the word good when we condescend "good" with "correct" or (even worse) the tertiary item in good, better, best - 'cause that's bullshit.

Why are you being like this? Why not take a peak at the article? It is not the only source you might use to learn this, but it is all you would need.

>:(

>I'm doing well
>I am well.
>No change in meaning
>article claims this makes it a linking verb in the first half

I think that he was saying more that a truth shared at the wrong time will simply solidify a mistaken perception. I could be wrong, but that's always been my interpretation of the idea of pearls before swine. It is not good to do so because if you introduce truth to a person who is committed to a fight, he will fight against truth, thinking that he is fighting against you. That is the danger in argumentativeness. I may have been mistaken, though.

I read the article before I said that it didn't contradict me. It still doesn't.

First half of article that is

It contradicts yuu when you assert that"doing" in this sentence is an Action verb.

But it does, though. I mean no ill-will when I say this, but I think that the problem was in comprehension, not ignorance. That is, if you are sincere and truthful.

Checked.
Huge change in meaning. Suggesting there is no difference in meaning is only trying to get someone to speak like a 9 year old nigger on tinder.

You aren't replacing "doing" with is/am, as you would do with "feels", you are removing it entirely.

They are literally used interchangeably.

Misunderstanding.The blades aren't imagery for words per se, but ideas. Thoughts.
Mostly agree.
Yet another misunderstanding. I did not tell you not to share it, user. I told you to phrase it in a question so that only those who were meant to understand it will. It's the same thing Jesus did. It's called speaking parables. Why did he do this? So that only those who listen to the Spirit would understand. But you can extrapolate that onto the idea that one can only truly appreciate the value of an idea when they realize it themselves. Someone who is spoonfed something amazing will not value it as amazing because they did not have to do anything in order to attain it. It's psychological.

Maybe you're the one with a comprehension problem? Ever thought of that?

Perhaps a bit more context around that quote could clarify some of my strong reaction. I’ve been harsh enough so I’ll leave my commentary out of it.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

I would say they are horrified by the word good because they are the opposite of good... EBIL

I’ve been uneccesarily harsh.

Go to bed Kojima.

>One complication is that some verbs—such as the sensing verbs—can be both linking verbs and action verbs. (2, 3) A trick that will help you figure out if you're dealing with a linking verb is to see if you can replace the verb with a form of to be; if so, then it's probably a linking verb. (1, 4) For example, you can deduce that "feel" is a linking verb in the sentence "He feels bad" because if you replace feels with the word "is," the sentence still makes sense: "He is bad." On the other hand, if you have a sentence such as "He feelsbadly," and you replace "feels" with "is," it doesn't make sense anymore

Constantly. I credit doubt for who I am today. It is how you can become certain.
Why are you being like this? There is your answer in the main body of the post; all it would take is a click and 5 minutes of reading... and a willingness to correct yourself in the wake of combative argumentativeness. I know it is hard to admit when we are wrong, but that is is so only means that the rewards will be that much greater. You simply trade a bit of humility for growth. I don't mean that in an argumentative way, I promise you.

My biggest grammar pet peeve is when powwow use third person object pronouns with gerunds. A gerund is a noun. It requires a possessive.
>did you mind me asking?
Should be
>so you mind my asking?
Also
>i like to watch your dancing

As would I

>If you can REPLACE the verb with a form of to be

>I'm doing good
Becomes
>I'm am good
Hmm does that make sense to you?

Hmmmm, you might be right.
>I'm am well.

I don't understand this reference. I'll research it. Oh, he created Metal Gear Solid. I'm not familiar enough with the lore to know what this could mean, but I assume it's derogatory? I did play a couple of them, but only for the game, not the story. I felt it was too convoluted.

might be time to admit youre wrong, senpai

I've read the article, you are the one who cannot show anyone how it contradicts me.

They are used interchangeably. So let's take a trip back in time, to the 1970s. And a young fella says "I am doing gay" and a moment later said "I am gay." Is he a faggot, or is he straight and really happy? Just because common parlance employees two phrases interchangeably, that does not imply equal accuracy of them. And I will be damned if I sit idly by as the best language further degenerates. Take it too hyperbole: what if your given name started to be vernacular for shitty neo-vaginas from intentional back-to-front wiping that mentally ill transgender MTF popularity. It is everyone's fetish. Now your name means poopy neo-vagina. It is used interchangeably: your name, and shit in a gay man's gash.

I am ready to! It is difficult do so when the position counter to the one I am upholding is simply "you're wrong".

I've yet to see an argument other than "I'm right", from you..

I suppose I could have been a bit more clear from the start too. No harm done, user. We both were sharpened by this exchange. Cheers m8.

How am I supposed to prove that there is no teapot in the sky? The burden of proof is in you for a reason.

They fear the Heros
youtube.com/watch?v=1vcgW0-tdWE

There is an article of which you might avail yourself.. This is how debate works.. Arugment: reason. Counter-argument: reason... I don't understand how you are still so combative. Surely you can see this, given that you are aware of the function of the burden of proof.

TL;DR: Language is a weapon and origins and meanings DO matter. No derogation meant, he was right.

Ah, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up!

>It is seeing that harming women is degenerative
that very much depends desu desu senpai senpai

His original statement on good/ well appears to be correct, and doesn't contradict the article. Ergo, he wasn't wrong.

Thank you for this post btw, user. It gave me pause for reflection and that helped prevent me from responding in a dickish manner that would have just kept the misunderstanding going needlessly. Cheers m8.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
judgement is the basis of knowledge. so have fun not judging. ill be sitting here, judging my ass off.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
That statement is nothing but christcuckery: ideological warfare.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
*put down the crack*

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
lay off the datura.

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
yawn.

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
is this like: don't give champagne to dogs type of thing? metaphor? anything? Bueler?

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
the only thing remotely good in that list.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
dafuq?

your attachment to wanting to reincarnate into heaven has turned you into a pathetic blatherer of random nonsensical bible: Jewgle 1.0.

6 is literally "jews are the only humans"

Yes. I assume you mean that many modern women are in desperate need of correction, yes? If so, we are in agreement. I was suggesting that women are necessary for a flourishing society. The image in my mind when I wrote that was one of an African billboard saying "c'mon, guys. Rape is bad, so don't do it!". That is a good in the face of evil. I am against degeneracy in all its forms just as much as the next seeker.

Why do you think so?

u wot m8?

because thats what Jesus was telling Judas.

youtube.com/watch?v=6shpHuUpSCo

Original statement? I have seen him saying "I'm right" and "you're all wrong", or "if the article says that I'm wrong then the article is wrong", contradictorily followed by "I read the article". I've yet to see a counter argument. I suppose I could have missed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=EBK5aKOr2Fw

that has nothing to do with anything I said.

is english the most precise language compared to other in terms of specificity when explaining things, or saying anything really?

Jesus Christ the child murderer doesn't deserve my respect, praise or worship.