As someone who came into politics late (2015), what was the hysteria surrounding Ron Paul during his hay day like...

As someone who came into politics late (2015), what was the hysteria surrounding Ron Paul during his hay day like? Was he similar to Bernie in regards to being popular only to be trampled on? Was he the real deal or too idealistic? Would he have made a good president?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o_WBo4sfmi4&t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=_cggBgluiaw
youtube.com/watch?v=cypg0Qvh__8
youtube.com/watch?v=kzIRG525l6s
hooktube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA
youtube.com/watch?v=fm2kw5tIrNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was a time when my generation had things right. Now they're going either full fascist or SJW.

I'm the Millennial version of the Boomer who hates their generation didn't stay hippies. I hate my generation didn't stay freedom loving Ron Paul fans.

I've heard the expression "So and so's being Ron Paul'd" which implies that the media is purposely ignoring them or not giving them the airtime they deserve. Was it super obvious at the time?

It was super obvious. The media establishment was against Ron Paul and wanted to prevent him from winning and actually fixing things. He was against the Neocons and the Leftists at the same time.

It was the first time the MSM and Rhino's started losing control. Dropped Redpills in the debates, made TV anchors look retarded...and yes he was the real deal.

That's a shame.
Sounds like he was the first one to try and break out of the status quo mold. He might have not been able to fully break through, but he put some cracks into it, which helped others break through eventually.

>sound money
>balanced budgets
>non interventionists
He had to be stopped by (((them)))

He would have been the greatest president ever.
If you value liberty.

i miss ron paul so god damn much, the man is a god damn real human bean and a real hero.

Ron Paul is a great man and was a hardcore libertarian and wanted to dismantle the fed, and pull America off the world stage and let the rest of the world figure its shit out

>came into politics in 2015
Opinion is void
But I remember Ron Paul in 2008. There was even loads of Lefties and liberals who thought that he was an interesting option. I was in high school at the time (final year) and my very liberal teacher spoke glowingly of Ron Paul. He was against the war, and was against the banks being so irresponsible. More importantly, he had nothing to do with Sarah Palin (a running joke) and GWB (who by this point may as well have literally been Satan himself - even for right-wingers)
So yeah, it wasn't quite as big as Bernie-ism, but it was a pretty big deal.
In my opinon the Ron Paul phenomenon , which had obviously been on the back burner for some time anyway, then morphed into the TEA party movement.
>which was in many ways, a White American response to a Black President, spending their tax on black people.
Seriously though, tax is mostly paid by men, and at that men who are white. So there was the foundation of the TEA movement.
The TEA movement then morphed into a kind of ethno-nationalism, spurred on by the EU migrant crisis, and the realization in America of the over-representation of nonwhites in U.S. crime rates. Specifically, a border wall with Mexico was looking a better and better idea.
The anti-government feeling turned into anti-immigration feeling, because government enables immigration.
The recession also highlighted the fact that America's not what it used to be. Insane poverty in the Rust Belt.
>2015 comes along
>OP gets into politics
>Ann Coulter's book "Adios America" published
>Trump, who has been threatening to run for President since the 80s, gets on the ticket (Mostly as a concession to the TEA movement)
Sup Forums memes Trump into office
Rest is history. Or should I say, present.

It was like if Bernie actually made sense but the media refused to mention him EVER -- except to say he "can't win." That's the only detail the media would report about Ron Paul.

I am from ireland and I love that man. Greatest american ever! Still brings tear to my eyes thinking how the media over there fucked him.

Nowadays Ron Paul does a short show at noon every weekday called the Ron Paul Liberty Report. It's on YouTube.

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=o_WBo4sfmi4&t=35s

He was incredible... but completely ignored. In the debates, it was a riot. Him mocking the other puppets on stage was better than Trump, and his following was a lot more organic and less cringe than the fucking kek brigade

I regret everything

take the alpha from trump and the policies of paul and you would have the ultimate leader

now we fucking have WW3 and project blue beam to look forward to. fabulous!

They hated him
They shut him down

We can only hope that DJT was the real deal and not a CIA nigger, we never dreamed that someone like him would try and save us

youtube.com/watch?v=_cggBgluiaw

Have you been living under a rock since Trump chose his fucking cabinet? Really now... don't be fucking stupid.

Ron Paul would never had chose such a degenerate cabinet. The Fed would be made illegal. He wouldn't have struck Syria. man, we fucked up.

He was too idealistic, but unlike Bernie, he would have moved the country towards a greater good.

>muh syria

non-issue

not all wars are bad, neocon wars are bad. so far he has kept us out of a confrontation with raaasha

ron paul's isolationism is good rhetoric and ultimately good policy but I would also be cool with invading marxist germany or uk for example and doing some regime change

having said that it's good optics that the literal nazis are more antiwar than liberals now

Ron Paul was internet popular. He had lots of passionate supporters. During the debates they put him on the side stage with the lesser, non establishment backed candidates. He didn't have a real shot, he got blacklisted hard.

I can remember the Ron Paul campaigns of 2008 and 2012. I distinctly remember people on the left and the right at the time supporting Dr Paul; it had the feeling of an authentic populist movement. Hell, the majority of redditors and chaners were in agreement on what he stood for. The only problem with him was he wasn't demanding enough. The mainstream media would walk all over him, and he stayed calm but that isn't how you fight the establishment. They'd cut him off, they'd ignore his supporters and they'd try to present him as not a real candidate.
The man would have made a great president regardless, and the divisions that exist today would have been nullified.

he was a good guy, i campaigned my fucking balls off for him. i talked to boomers at bars and parties, people at work. flooded the internets with pro-paul propa. i really think he was the catalyst we needed to fight the way we did in 15'16', we had already watched our guy get fucking robbed. like many of you saw happen to bernie. so when we saw trump, it was no holds barred this time. we fought fire with fucking napalm.

you know nothing about applying pressure and its power. jesus christ, are you 16 years old? because your brain sure works like one

Does anyone have the image where it's like "Obama, Romney, Other Candidate" and it has no image for Ron Paul's face?

youtube.com/watch?v=cypg0Qvh__8

>I hate my generation didn't stay freedom loving Ron Paul fans.
After what (((they))) did to Ron you still think we can vote our way out of this? user....have you truly learned nothing over all of these years?

youtube.com/watch?v=kzIRG525l6s

Bernie Sanders was/is a lot more popular amongst the general public than Ron Paul ever was. That is, Ron Paul seemed to attract a lot of support on the Internet because his supporters were disproportionately dudes in their teens and twenties who spent a lot of time online, but he never came anywhere near winning a primary vote or caucus in any state. (Although, if I recall correctly, a few state delegations did end up voting for him at the convention despite the fact he didn't win the state, due to the candidate to whom they were initially pledged dropping out by that point and/or faithless delegates.)

>they destroyed our hobbies

That has to be the gayest thing I've ever heard and I stopped reading right there. Grow the fuck up people, video games being kiked is bad, but to bring that up over circumcision or poison food is just fucking immature and makes you look like a complete moron. IQ

Paul was the Goldwater to Trump's Reagan.

Does Sup Forums think the fact that the media gave/gives so much attention to Donald Trump compared to how they treat a real anti-establishment candidate who wanted to end the Fed (Ron Paul) is proof that DJT is controlled opposition?

yes. why would the media advertise their opposition. this is why I feel fucking retarded.

from the moment he went down that escalator it was nonstop coverage. I saw the exact opposite with Paul.

He once had the entirety of US tax code law books wheeled into congress.
Hundreds of massive times of our byzantine tax code in a massive pile.
Then he held up a small piece of paper with the words "10%"
That is Ron Paul. Simple, small, no bullshit government

Paul just wasn't exciting to watch for the average voter. He didn't have the force of personality needed to win and the same is true of his son. Trump draws attention at all times and used it to his advantage. Also, there were leaked Hillary emails about how she wanted the media to cover him so he would win the primary because she thought he would be easy to beat in the general. Really backfired on her.

I didn't write the damn post user, and besides you're missing the forest for the trees. We were born into a world with flouride water, income taxes & the federal reserve already in place. None of us have EVER known a life without these things. Vidya is at least one of the few things that we've all watched them drag down into the muck during our lifetimes, and seeing is believing.

From what I remember here, there was a lot of hair pulling as the media went out of its way to completely ignore the guy. He was doing very well in the polls and the media hated him for it.

no, going against the kikes is suicide, plain and simple. some evil, is necessary for survival. if you think i give a damn about sand niggers in palestine, you are way off. we keep fighting for (((them))) we get to have a little bit more control in our own house. anyone that paid attention saw they didnt want him, they wanted jeb or cruz, the god emperor btfo the entire system, the same way we do the internet. the NN shilling was fucking hilarious, they really cant do a god damn thing without us, and they know it.

Real answer?

We were worried about America's debt and believe the US was going to crash.
This was during the recession.
Ron was the only logical choice for that time.

hooktube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

watch it

His mission was memetic and is still in progress. It is said in the Bible that "Ron Paul will flash from east to west" at the time when the Lord returns, and evil is broken upon the earth, and the time of Great Habbenings is upon us. Be patient, and keep your eye on the sky for when his flashing hands shall set the world free.

This. While I have no doubt (((they))) have influence over him (like they've have had over almost every president since Wilson) it's clear that Hillary was their candidate of choice.

I don't know about that, I don't remember video games ever being as redpilled as literature. If that's your impetus, fine... but don't go whining about it like people would ever take you seriously. It's like, the least of anyone's concerns in 2017, when the world is on the edge of darkness.

okay, and read that as a general "you" so you don't post back to defend yourself. There are more than a few lurkers nodding their head along with your post thinking "dey took my lootcrates"

I remember all the infowars faggots shilling hard for Ron Paul back in 2012. lol they were hopeless

>don't remember vidya being redpilled
There were a few diamonds in the rough.
>least of anyones' concern in 2017
Agreed, but I think you're the one who's fixating on that particular sentence and subsequently ignoring the main idea.

just because I'm pointing out how autistic it sounds. but whatever, I'm not going to dwell on it because it's not wrong, it's just like bringing up how shit cartoons are now. Yeah, sure... but the fact that kids are growing up addicted to looking at screens is a bigger problem

Once upon a time ago, anyone with a bit of sense actually believed infowars because it was pointing out the poisoning, the fed, 9/11 being an inside job, and whatever else. It just became clear he was controlled opposition around that time, or shortly after. At least to most of the people I knew who have been conspiratorial going back to 9/11

This 100%, even /ourpastor/ Anderson is wise to Infowars' games.
youtube.com/watch?v=fm2kw5tIrNQ