Tokyo ghoul manga

Does anyone else think re isn't as good as the first part? I can't really explain it but lately I've been rapidly loosing interest in the manga to where I've basically dropped it since a few weeks ago.
Anyone else feel similar or different? Love to see a discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Qdzxs40ZYc
youtube.com/watch?v=l28ujx_d0Ys
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes it doesnt have the same vibe as the original. also the main strength of TG1 which was the characterization is not in focus. instead ishida is trying to tell a larger scale story which takes away from that strength which was so prevalent in the original series. also the art is less consistent and there are less backgrounds which takes away from the overall atmosphere at points. but ishida generally delivers during major chapters with big plot elements so i wouldnt worry too much. there have been some good and also not so good parts of RE

captcha is rue which is pretty funny

Recently people have been bitching about it feeling too shonen without realizing that one a manga can't jump demographics, and two quite a few seinin manga have shonen moments *cough Berserk*

Not to mention people whining about the recent powers, you act like diverse abilities are limited to a shonen manga..? I will agree Rue had too many random cliffhangers and characters showing up out of the blue, not to mention the pacing was pretty bad but people are overreacting. I won't even go over the Saiko issue, everything was clearly explained earlier in Re: but people are speed d. readers so fuck it.

I think that explains it pretty well. I was big into the characters in part 1 but when re came around they seemed to dwindle as more were introduced who seemed to just create a clutter rather than a diverse group of good characters.

The artwork kind of makes it feel less lively and more mechanical as well. Looks way more rough and sketchy. Although im not sure if that was to make re more gritty or something. In Part 1 there was a lot more depth to the shading and tone.
Though there's still plenty of great panels such as pic related.

agreed, one of my favorite things from TG1 was the atmosphere, to me it was sometimes oozing off the pages, especially during anteiku raid arc. i feel like ishida ramps his artwork up during big moments, so while its kind of in a lull right now, id say stay tuned. whatever he has planned should be pretty good

I read the entire series recently for the first time, catching up at the very end of the Rushima arc. I had heard on Sup Forums that :re wasn't as good as the first series, but I find them to be about the same level of quality and would maybe even say the first series is a little overrated. I liked it from the very beginning but I feel like it took a few volumes to really sink it's hooks into me, and while the status quo change at the beginning of :re is a bit jarring I was pretty on board with after after a volume or two, and it eventually coalesced with the first series pretty well. It took a bit but I eventually warmed up to all the Qs Squad members as well and I'm definitely interested in where they're going.

There are a shit ton of characters to keep track of, but I feel like it juggles between them pretty well, and the series has always had a lot of characters come in and out of periphery for how much they matter to the story, even in the first series.

Sometimes the fights could be a little hard to parse, but they were never indecipherable. My favorite would probably be Juzzou vs Kurona, because it was the most engaging to follow visually and wasn't confusing at all.

Also not sure if they're any good but I recently bought the first novel to dive into. Looks like it explains the backstory of that girl who photographs Tsukiyama.

Is Kuroiwa white? They call him "Round eyes" and he's the highest test human and thick eyebrows.

MUH RC CELLS

These are the only good things to come out from this series.
youtube.com/watch?v=2Qdzxs40ZYc
youtube.com/watch?v=l28ujx_d0Ys

And maybe the ending of the first part.
Ishida sui is a good artist but not a good writer.

Half human girls are the best!

I agree in a sense Saiko's bullshit is just a cherry on top of the pie of shit that is TG:re. It's no use complaining now when it was ruined long ago,

My nigga

no one gives a shit

me neither i just want to know who the REAL Tokyo Ghoul is

i do

yeah probably

is eto dead?

no

yes