What's vaporwave all about?

Okey, so you go and google if Nietzsche was an antisemite and you'll end up having many (((think-tanks and scholars))) convincing you that either he hated antisemites or that he was going crazy whenever he claimed anything that could be consider antisemitic. It makes no sense to me as it's clear that he wasn't too fond of Jews.

Now to the actual topic. I see the same thing happening with vaporwave. Many liberal leaning commentators, such as Vice and on YouTube claim that the subculture surrounding vaporwave is often associated with an ambiguous or satirical take on consumer capitalism and popular culture. This doesn't make sense to me at all, and here's why:

I think vaporwave demostrates:

>frustration the younger generation has for the world not delivering the image it painted during bubble economy.
>desire to encourage the same generation to finally deliver that vision.
>more preferable reaction to post-modernism than Shia Labeouf metamodernism which seems not very well defined
>despite trying to counter post-modernism vaporwave uses similar means or to some extend aesthetics as post-modernism - possibly to be in disguise and therefore giving it more time to take root and given more distinct names (Trumpwave etc.)? Think of the TAKE BACK OUR FUTURE video.
>vaporwave is definitely closer to modernism than it is to post-modernism, but it is still distinct: it shares the idea of modernism when it comes to progress (see the song names), adapting new tech (80's aesthetic), urbanization etc..
>however, I don't think modernism explicitly wanted to put the Enlightenment and Antique with rationalism to it's root, but I think vaporwave definitely does (see the many marble statues).
>also, vaporvawe has also conservative undertones with it's preference to cultural cohesion (many references to Japan)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ed6FaR7Bs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dude it's just music..

That's like saying punk is about music whereas that's pretty much the only thing it lacks.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "whereas"...

The sex pistols were the first boy band. Completely fabricated by their jew manager.

All I'm saying is vaporware is just an amalgamation of many of the alternative music that we've seen in the past. Chopped & screwed, chiptune, soundscapes, low-fi. It is very much the definition of post-modern.

Everything is a remix. This isnt deep or profound.

>postmodern
boom there is the issue. postmodernism is crappola

>Okey, so you go and google if Nietzsche was an antisemite and you'll end up having many (((think-tanks and scholars))) convincing you that either he hated antisemites or that he was going crazy whenever he claimed anything that could be consider antisemitic. It makes no sense to me as it's clear that he wasn't too fond of Jews.
He wasnt an anti-semite though. His sister and her husband were.

Nietzsche was a faggot. He spends 40 pages explaining something that takes a paragraph and his writing style is so fucked you have to be autistic to follow it.

I read this as "vaporware" i.e. software which is created by a startup overnight and then completely abandoned as soon as they make a few initial sales and can grab that cash and gtfo.

Very confusing until I realized I was reading something about music.

Vaporwave is fantastic genre
Also a massive fan of A S S A D W A V E ;)

>however, I don't think modernism explicitly wanted to put the Enlightenment and Antique with rationalism to it's root, but I think vaporwave definitely does (see the many marble statues).

The Enlightenment was literally coined by a bunch of rich noblemen who said literally "I am am enlightened by my own intellect." The Renaissance and the Romantic Period (1800s) are important instead. The Romance period specialized in Romantizing the past which people had previously thought was "backwards and anti intellectual" Like the middle ages and the old west

Me too. I assumed it was a post about Elon Musk. Never even heard of vaporwave. It's probably a Jew attempt to make a good mental association with vaporware so the Jews can keep robbing the taxpayers.

Always leave a weak argument for the enemy. -Sun Tzu

Also before the Enlightenment it was common knowledge that non whites were a different race. The Enlightenment was the first time that the "Enlightened Philosphers and Scientists" said we are all "one race". Before this most Christians figured that non whites were beasts

Jews are anteaters.

This is a very high effort OP. My accolades.

Vaporwave does nothing but romantize the past and shit on the "reddit science intellect" periods. The Romantic Period in the 1800s was from the rebellious children of the Enlightenment. The Enlightenment was from the rebellious children of the Renaissance (which was heavily Catholic and Jewish). Children of this age are rejecting the intellectual science memes of the boomers, saying it was not worth the price of the soul of the nation and the blood of it's people. It romantizes the times when life was simple and white and prosperous and traditional.

This is something the Romans also did. they looked at their own lavish lifestyle and desired to go back the "good old days" when every Roman owned a plot of land and had 5+ white kids and were brave enough to be sent off to war. Where there was no "greek muh intellect" Influence. To be honest the Middle Ages is really what the ancient Romans wanted to return to. I suppose God gave them what they really wanted

in short Vaporwave is a Romantic movement. The Enlightenment did romantize any period but it's own. Everything is forward and anything behind them is backwards, since there is only scientific progress

deconstructionism must be deconstructed or it will deconstruct us

I quite like this framing.

I'm glad you like it. The one author during the previous period that really highlights ours is Tolkein who also was very much the Romantic. He really does represent a lot of people on pol

Do you think that romanticism still is beneficial for progress as it may act as a source of intrinsic motivation for individuals?

I'm not well read enough to discuss the philosophy of it all, but to me it always looks like messages from the past sent through the classic technology of our youth. The glitchiness of it makes it look like something that you weren't supposed to see but you got lucky and the message got through. Honestly it'd be pretty cool if someone made short videos out of this stuff and burned it onto VHS tapes to leave lying around, because that's what watching this stuff feels like

Absolutely. The whole point about Romanticism is that it "romanticizes" so liking things that are not supposed to be liked because it's so anti intellectual/things reddit likes. It can romanticize the future as long as it fits that frame of reference. For the Enlightenment people, the future if desired was only because of "science" and "progress" but in reality they view the future is just "the earth turning rounda nd round and nothing changes there is death and war and life will go on and it will be normal and boring but scientific." The Romantics by and large popularized science fiction in the 1800s lots of stories of a "cool tech future with a neat asthetic" Compare that to Warof the Worlds by HG wells or other sci fi novels by enligenment fags. For them it was "sure life will get technical but there will be all these philosphical issues that willnever be fixed or realized because the world will always be cruel."

>anti intellectual/things reddit likes
I meant
anti intellectual/things reddit does not like
Even cyberpunk is romanticized on Sup Forums. it's a cool and near period to enter into that is exicting full of people that are redpilled about techgiants and the like. Romanticism is optimistic even in dark times

What this guy said.

Romantics were often criticized for "romantizing the future." BEcause they refused to believe that the future had to be bleak. In the opposite view would be a sci fi short story like Cold Equaitions or Foundation series by Isaac Asimov. The world is scientific but the world has horrible issues with it that make life awful and miserable, in the first case the world is filled with nihilistic positivist law fags that only fullfill the law by the letter to it's own destructive and cruel end instead of understanding the law by it's intent, resulting in death of an innocent girl. And in the 2nd case the world will always inevitably shift back into a true dark age where life really does suck and there is nothing a single user can do about it, it's nihilistic. Romanticism is all about "the better future" In spite of all the drugs and the crime and the submen non whites, and the enviromental issues with cutting down all those rainforests, the smog and the disgusting city streets, and the plagues, a world that everyone expects these days, the Romantic believes life will get better because the Romantic is by necessity a Christian.

Vaporwave was co-opted. The originators of Sea Punk are degenerate anti-white hipsters. Doesn't matter. Vaporwave is the father of Fashwave and there's no going back,

This. It was a stepping stone to better things: fashwave, chillwave and synthwave.

please explain what's worse - blacks or degeneracy

>consumerism promised but didn't deliver
>god is dead because we killed him
None of the promises came true, neither the romantic or the rationalist.
What's left then?
Optimism and amor fati. You take the pain in with the beautiful things in life, and believe you can synthesize the promises of progress with the beauty and values of ancient times.
Like points out, different facets of these ideas are expressed in
>fashwave, chillwave and synthwave
Or I could be way off

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ed6FaR7Bs