Who are the real Greeks

Are Macedonians Greeks in denial, or are Greeks Macedonians in denial? Are they completely different nations? If not, which one is LARPistan?

>Inb4 Lebanon is LARPistan

Fuck off nigger, I know, we're under a perpetual state of an identity crisis.

the ancient macedons were greek, the people in FYROM are not greek. They just have their own we wuz kangz meme.

FYROM is "we wuz" the country they are Bulgarians in denial

>the ancient macedons were greek, the people in FYROM are not greek.

This,anyone else saying other wise is just plain retarded

it is also true, that the majority of greeks living in Macedonia right now, are not of "macedonian" lineage, but are pontiac greeks that came from anatolia after the population exchange.

It is also true,that many slavic populations from the aegean up to Iasio of Romania and Odessa of Ucraine, are of Greek lineage, that just got assimilated through the centuries, and speak slavic now. From their surnames only, you can get an idea.

I am totally stranger to everything that happens up in the north, as I am from Peloponesse, but I trully wish Skopjans just admited that since they are Macedonians, they are Greeks.

I would welcome them.

Modern Macedonia is a diadachos of communist Yugoslavia. The people there are almost all Slavs and Albanians. The name is largely an accident of history signifying very little.

The ancient Macedonians were also probably not Greeks. The ancient Greeks certainly did not think they were Greeks. However, Macedonia was heavily influenced by Greek culture especially from the reign of King Phillip II on.

macedonians are slavs and have nothing to do with greeks.

what the fuck are you talking about?
Ancient Macedonians were Greek, they were participating in the Olympic games! Mind that the Olympic games were meant for Greek males only.

Also, Olympus itself, the residence of the Greek Pantheon, was in Macedonia.

Macedonians were greeks, but they were a bit "uncivilised" to be considered on-par to the northeners... This is why you can find a couple of quotes in the ancient texts referring them as non-Hellenes.

You can find dozens of quotes referring to them as non-Greeks up until the Koine period, when Hellene became more of a cultural term than an ethnic one. Most often, Macedonians were called semi-barbarians. They did not speak a Greek language.

Who are you who do not know your own history? Can you even into the four dialects?

>was in macedonia

Olympus mount is still stepping its whole glory in Macedonia.

lol, ok a fucken skopjan here.

Yes, and the Macedonians were speaking a Greek dialect more close to the Doric Greek (Epirot and Spartan)

My mother's from Macedonia and my father's from athens. Ironically my father parents hate my mother's be because they think their slavic mutts but after they took dna tests it turns out my mother's side is 99.99% Pontiac greek while my father's side has 20% that's mixed armenian/turk from an ancestor being a Turkish rape baby. Visited greece a couple times to see family and a decent amount of them still see macedonians not as greek or even greek descended

FYI, there were multiple mountains called Olympus. Some were in Asia Minor. The modern one (tallest) is in Greece proper, not Macedonia.

The Macedonians did not speak Greek. This is according to contemporary Greeks, who wrote more about their own language and its cousins than any other group of the time. The idea that it was a Greek dialect is a controversial and very modern hypothesis based on Greek texts found in Macedonia. There are very few attestations of ancient Macedonian and almost none prior to the Hellenic Era (i.e. Phillip II and later).

I can understand why you feel the need to rewrite history, though, since you've admitted that you're from the Republic of Macedonia and want your home country to be annexed by Greece. LARPing as someone else really just undermined you, like all false flags do.

I am from south Peloponese, more southern than Athens, and we never consider Macedonians or Pontic not Greeks. WTF are you talking about?

And what does it mean "20% turk/armenian"? Turks (Kurds excluded) are almost to their entirety anatolians, islamified. Genetically undistinctable from Armenians or Pontic Greeks...

yeah, whatever.

In any case, if you ever want to understand the texts your archaeologists are still excavating from the ancient times, I am available.
You may find my fluent Greek useful.
lol

Modern Greek is not that useful for ancient Greek, even Koine. Greek is easily the most conservative language in Indo-European, but 2,000-2,500 years of change is 2,000-2,500 years of change.

There are no Hellenics. Modern “Greeks” are subhuman mix of immigrants from Armenians, Syria and Ethiopia

yes, they are.
it is the same exact language.
And yes, 3.500 years (Homer included) of change , has its difficulties. But it is the same language.

Same happens with the Byzantine Greek that we use in the church. You have to be very focused to understand them, but once you concentrate, it is quite easy.

We're same with the greeks, but we just speak different language. If you dont believe me, go and check greece reactions when someone is hostile towards us.

No one gave a word to a cockroach.

neither of them. Modern Greeks are turk rapebabies and macedonians are greek-slav-turk mutt.

Nowadays Greeks are turkroaches and macedonians are more white than them. By logic macedonians are the real Greeks.
No further explanations needed!!!
Thread closed.

Tito wanted to troll bulgaria and greece at the same time for being against his greater yugoslavia so he named the region macedonia and build an fake national identity.

>We're same with the greeks
you are mostly bulgarian. the rest are albanians

Pathetic albo shill scum, liying as usual.
Greeks are not related to ethiopia syria or whatever, the closte pop to them are italians