Subura is fucking stupid

Guys, I'm conflicted here. One hand hand I think Subaru is a stupid ass mongoloid for choosing the bland unlikeable elf gal instead of the smitten, pure and devoted Rem girl.

But on the other hand I hate Subaru's gut and think he's a shitty character who doesn't deserve Rem at all.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nezumiironyanko/status/834007048777977858
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well sucks for you user because they're a couple now and there is nothing you can do about it.

Rem is a bland waifubait with 1 personality trait as well.

He was a shut-in and Emilia was his first love and he usually just says he loves her because of her looks. It's no different from our first loves, in particular if you don't know any other girls. When Rem comes in, I'm guessing he's just committing to his illusion with Emilia.
>waifubait
She's different because her enormous popularity doesn't follow the cookie cutter standards that you're placing on her. Try again.

>One personality trait

Anime only fags are truly cancer.

This

Kill yourself bastard son of a bitch.

Nah, she's got at least five.

Why do people always blame Subaru when Rem was the one that rejected him first?

You're right on both points. The problem with being right, is that it's never satisfying. It always leaves you feeling worse than you would otherwise; hence the saying: "ignorance is bliss".

Potatofags are pure cancer.

>This shit again
I hope Rem ends as a potato forever to see Remfags' tears.
>I-I swear if I keep posting it, it will be become true.

Potatofag?

>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]

Want me to post more? Because I can.

Post more plz.

I think this is enough but there is more if you want to read

By the way, is this scene still in the LN? I heard that arc 4 has been changed dramatically due to the conversion from WN to LN, so I'm curious if the author's removed this one scene for whatever reason.

>She's different because her enormous popularity doesn't follow the cookie cutter standards that you're placing on her. Try again.

Not the guy you replied to, but they did fuck up her personality a lot in the anime. They pretty much removed all traces of her stalker behavior and low level bullying of Subaru

They has to remove it because they're trying to make arc 4 shorter than arc 3. Not to mention since the anime fucked up hard on arc 3 Tappei had to make Subaru's "I wub Rem" toned down by a ton so it won't give the nips a shock. That or they're rearranging the scenes as Witch of Sloth hasn't been shown yet despite being there since the very beginning of the fourth arc.

>Not to mention since the anime fucked up hard on arc 3 Tappei had to make Subaru's "I wub Rem" toned down by a ton so it won't give the nips a shock

Please stop talking out of your ass. He still confesses to her, and almost kisses her in the LN too. The scene can be moved later too. Unless he changes anything major about their relationship, there's no reason to be this paranoid.

I'm just saying its a possibility. I mean, they removed the Subaru's confession scene near kiss and the actual end of arc 3 from the anime. So I'd be normal to ease Subaru's love for Rem for the sake of the anime-onlys rather than hitting them like a truck.

You can't go from "Rem got friendzoned" in the anime to "They're basically married now and watch each other sleep" in the LN/WNs. That would be too much of a gap to bridge.

>watch each other sleep

Its funny how canon that is, I didn't believe what people said about it until I read it myself

>see this
wat do?

Make another one

Look what you did you monster.

Isn't she the chick that killed him that one time?

ask her what she plans on doing with that tampon?

>tampon
Oh user, so pure

Rem is a monkey in the LNs.

Serious? Are you fucking me? cause I just watched all the anime and it seemed like they shived Rem pretty hard. Like, from my perspective it seems completely dead.

So her personality is only "muh Subaru"?

>melee build
>no armour
I hope this helps you choose.

You have to remember that prior to Subaru making her feel alive again, it wasn't even 2 months that went past, so her obsession towards him makes sense. She does have more beyond that, but she mostly wants to focus on Subaru.

You can see spinets of her personality in the short stories too.

The anime team deliberately altered key scenes. They cut out the part where he tells her she gives him a heartboner, and changed the scene where she gets him to confess and they almost kiss before the cat decides to cockblock.

Recognize this scene from the anime? Well, there's a reason why the tears are in Subaru's eyes, and not Rem's. They changed who was begging who to stay with them. That's the scene where she gets him to confess, using a rather nasty trick.
Nah. Most character interactions are going to be with the MC. She'll bully and tease anyone given the right opportunity. But mostly Subaru, since he's an easy mark.

Pretty much.

>What the hell is wrong with me?
Given the show this thread is about, your taste in anime.

Well why did they alter the scenes so much? Are they trying to shaft Rem on purpose? And that still doesn't change how Subaru just outright proclaims he devoted love to Emelia. And Emelia was convinced too. It would be really awkward for that to turn out to be a fake love later on after that. Doesn't seem like there's hope for Rem.

Subaru is a two-timing manwhore and Emilia is literally slightly retarded and pretty ignorant. In his confession to Rem, he told her he couldn't live without her and wouldn't let anyone else have her, and he was being pretty fucking serious about that.

Twice I think.
Maybe he'll grow out of it, after all his reasons for liking Emilia are pretty fucking shallow in arc 4. Don't know if that was intentional from the author.

This anime is the definition of bland unoriginal shit

I don't know why but it's pretty fucking hard to find whatever the third arc is through the free online manga viewers. I guess I'll just have to wait to stream the third arc as the anime.

>Twice I think.
One time, actually. Ram got it the second time.
Not really. She's got other interests and people she admires. Other things which she fangirls over.

There was the hallway and then when Subaru died in the field. Right?

rem is garbage and deserves to be cucked

Ram use her magic to slit his throat that second time. Rem was still interrogating him.

>She's different because her enormous popularity doesn't follow the cookie cutter standards that you're placing on her

How does her personality not follow the cookie cutter standards? Sweet girl, devoted, big boobs. Door mat. The whole shebang.

>Door mat.
Nope. She was under orders to help Subaru do whatever the fuck he wanted during Arc 3, orders which she defied on several occasions. In their interactions, it's usually Rem taking the dominant role in one way or another.

Mischievous diligent violent stalker with low self-esteem. Also kinda' manipulative?

Second time was strictly torture.

So a bitch?

Well, she's not violent to him unless he makes the mistake of asking her to be, like asking her to hit him to help clear his mind. I don't believe he's likely to repeat that kind of request.

I wouldn't exactly call her a bitch to the same degree her sister is, but she doesn't exactly hold back in saying he's useless dead weight in a lot of situations. Rem's really more of a creep than a bitch.

You're probably thinking of Roswaal?

Actually, out of all characters (except Otto maybe), Rem is the one that gives Subaru the most shit for his idiocy, such as calling out every single of his bullshit, talking advantage of her status and close relationship with him to punish him every time he misbehaves or says dumb things, and even constantly bullying him. Plus, Rem is also much more stricter and harder on Subaru than anyone else is, like always giving him expectations and urging him to always strive to be better rather than settle down and stop trying. So essentially, Rem is like an authoritative mother to Subaru, as in she is harsh on Subaru but never hesitates to lend him a helping hand and let him be in charge of everything as long as he's ready and willing to take on the challenges.

Man, reading arc 4 and beyond made me hate everyone in the mansion a little, aside from ram and rem.

Roschi, puck and beatrice knew well enough that the witch cult would attack the mansion, and not a single one of those fuckers did nothing to help or prepare, roswaal at least has the excuse of having the fucking stupid book, but puck killing subaru in the other timelines when puck himself did nothing to protect Emilia is hysterical in the volumes of hypocrisy demonstrated.

I even understand roswaal reasons, but I still want to strangle puck neck until his eyes pop, goddamn shitty cat.

EMT might consider "Puck chooses my hairstyle" the be the harshest part of her contract, but she made it as (mentally) 7 y.o. and doesn't know shit.
Remember that part where Subaru asked Otto about getting tricked into signing contracts with unintended consequences?

Puck's contract limited (or in the right circumstances, outright prevented) him fighting the Witch Cult, among other things.

If we want to go meta, Emilia is the actual waifubait and it's pretty deliberate given the explicitly superficial relationship between Subaru and her

where can I read this, is there pdf or something because dont feel reading it off the crappy website

Its nice how yoh can say the same for Subaru when it comes to Rem. Though his involved more chuuni abuse.

Subaru has ties to Emilia that aren't from himself. Plus if you want to go to the psychology aspect of it its because Subaru still designated her as "main heroine" despite Subaru holding himself back not to fuck a potato.

He should have gone for the superior choice, Ram.
>our

But Ram has Gaaf, Roswaal and possibly Otto.

The real harem

user, you're just right, nothing wrong with that

> I think Subaru is a stupid ass mongoloid for choosing the bland unlikeable elf gal instead of the smitten, pure and devoted Rem girl.
His love for Emilia is a plot element. It can be put along with the fact that Puck knew Satella, Dark Souls bro's origins and flugel as things that will make sense later.

>But on the other hand I hate Subaru's gut
That's only because the plot made him reject your waifu and because you can't self insert anymore.

Fiancee status when?

>Door mat
I mean she tells him that he's pathetic and denies his proposal to run away with him but yeah she's a total "door mat"

>Doormat
>One of the biggest man-handlers and shittalkers of Subaru in the entire series

That's like saying Subaru is a doormat to Rem.

>His love for Emilia is a plot element
In the sense that is provoked (involutarily or voluntarily) by an external agents for reasons yet to be revealed? I can see that.
But if you mean it from an extradiegetic point of view, i.e. "the plot as of now needs Subaru to love Emilia to work" as the sole reason for this happening, stuff like Subaru being a dedicated ally could just happen with him caring about her without romantic involvement. Subaru chasing Emilia's skirt has a more encompassing reason than just being enforced by the narrative.

The same way the romance with Rem is there for a reason, is not something that the author put for appeasement.

>That's only because the plot made him reject your waifu and because you can't self insert anymore.
I never identified with Subaru as his loud, cringy behaviour is much different than me, I just want for Rem to have her beloved reciprocate her feelings

Give it a couple of years. Maybe less than that.

>I never identified with Subaru as his loud, cringy behaviour is much different than me

To be fair, his loud cringe behaviors is a thing he does exclusively in-front of Emilia. When Subaru and Rem flirt around Subaru is based as fuck. Or basically anyone else he talks to.

twitter.com/nezumiironyanko/status/834007048777977858

new WN chapter at 1AM Japan. (~3 hours)

>In the sense that is provoked (involutarily or voluntarily) by an external agents for reasons yet to be revealed?
Yep, and it's been somewhat hinted at.

NO FUCKING WAY

Is this real? After a year of no updates?

Is this actually happening?

Hoping Remon or summary user will translate this one once we manage to make it there.

Wait that's not righ-
Holy shit, you're right!
>First events in the capital
>later, in Rosewall's house
Shit, even the most dumb shit he did.
>The capital, in front of the 5 queen candidates
>"I am Emilia's knight"

It's almost like every stupid decision he made was because he was desperate about saving Emilia, and most of his obnoxious moments are in front of her.
If it's later confirmed that the witch's curse is responsable for it, I'll have to revise my judgement.

>Now you realise tha almost every time he found a way to save everyone, he did it in a way where he would distanciate himself from Emilia

How many chapters do you guys think it will take for Rem and Subaru to reunite again?

I shiggy diggy

One chapter closer to Rem waking up

Oh my god it's happening!

I expect Subaru shopping for Rem's wedding ring by the end of arc 7 Tappei

That'd be too soon.

They need time as a premarital couple beforehand.

>Tappei didn't pull a Miura on us

What are your predictions for this new chapter? Are Ram and Subaru going to fight each other over Rem again?

I say arc 6 will be as short as arc 3 or as long as arc 4.

Last time Subaru ran through the tower to find Rem and Ram resting in the garden. Plus Subaru was worried and scared shitless when Rem wasnt by his side, so the most likely outcome is that Subaru is gonna rush over to Rem's dead body and hug the everliving daylights out of it with Ram probably letting his actions pass this time. That's what I hope the start of the chapter will be at least.

They're in a saferoom so what is probably gonna happen is that they'll rest there for a bit and wait for the rest of Subaru's war party to catch up and meet up with them. Its most likely gonna be a chapter filled with Ram and Subaru dialogue about the potato. That or Subaru trying to settle his differences with Ram about Roswaal or something.

Subaru crying joy about his precious potato being safe

Actual thread

I wanna know how intact Subaru's handmade wheelchair is. Because everyone got tossed around and separated during the tower so.

>Subaru made Rem's one-of-a-kind wheelchair out of his own hands
>Out of his own money
>Not because he had to but because he wanted to

Imagine all the hours he put into that

It should be sturdy enough to be rolled around still. If not Subaru can always carry her body around like he did previously.