NGNL

Why do you all underrate this series so much? You'd honestly think something like this would be Sup Forums's wet dream yet you all treat is like SAO despite how good it actually is. Like honestly you're all going to praise a series like Flip Flappers and hate on NGNL? If you didn't have to pretend to be cool here on Sup Forums what would your honest thoughts on this series be?

>Sup Forums is one person
I loved NGNL user, no idea what you're talking about

It was shit with reddit humor and cancer visuals.

>*tips fedora*

I didn't hate it. I really enjoyed it at first but it started to get stale when the siblings seemed to solve every problem with ease. Felt like the same formula over and over. That's just me though.

It's actually overrated as hell, lurk moar
same here, it was mediocre at best.

>inb4 unbeatable protagonist

If that's the case why was One Punch man so popular?

>Reddit humor
No user, it's Japanese humor. You're just comparing it to Reddit because you think that's edgy and cool when most people here don't even understand what Reddit humor is except you and the visuals were great and not the problem because Konosuba and Flip Flappers would have failed if bright colorful visuals were considered "Reddit humor" but apparently Sup Forums loved them.

>overrated

No, like most series Sup Forums enjoyed it while airing but as soon as it became too popular decided it was overrated and thus a bad show. The only "problem" with this amazing series is it become too popular for the hipsters of Sup Forums.

The last time there was a thread most people were wanking over it and asking for S2 though. Barely any haters.

>Why do you all underrate this series so much?
Are you fucking serious?

will there be a season 2?

>underrate
No, we're just waiting for fucking S2

This. After a point it became le ebin reddit meme animu. Honestly I question if reddit even had half a clue this show existed except for the shitposting, since it seems like it's almost an Sup Forums isekai wet dream

You're kidding? This series is hated on as much if not more than SAO. The only reason some recent threads have been good is because of the movie or new content and like I've said before while airing or new content is out Sup Forums will love this series but as soon as there is nothing coming out it's just an overrated piece of trash comparable to SAO because it's popular. You literally can't prove this wrong because you all know for a fact it's true. The only reason Flip Flappers managed to stay popular here is because it never really made it big. Anything underground is considered "cool" here even if it's complete trash.

>hating on NGNL

Those people must be dumbasses

>Isekai
>Isekai where the world runs on game logic
>LN adaption
>Hamfisted fanservice that's so blatant it's not even attractive because they're no buildup
>"I won because I read the script and know exactly what plan to have at all times" main character X2
>US OTAKU HUH GUYS LMAO references

it's a bingo of garbage, underating is too good for this nonsense

>nice, interesting fantasy premise to explore
>waste it with awkward sexual pandering 24/7

Why do so many animes do this?

because "le it was my plan all along 8)" isn't very fun

I didn't even watch NGNL, but the color palette is nauseating, and no, "bright colorful visuals" doesn't mean it's the same. Flip Flappers is an example of good use of that sort of thing. Tsuritama is another. NGNL, like Meganebu, is a prime example of using bright colorful visuals horrifically wrong.

> Japanese humor
It's written by some south american and when I said reddit humor I mean it's what a newfag such as yourself would think is humor in anime. Dude stripping girls lmao, Dude loli panties lmao, dude otakus lmao.

if you're into otaku pandering then yeah this show is great

>"I won because I read the script and know exactly what plan to have at all times" main character X2
Your description of it makes me want to watch it again

> would think is humor in anime.
>starts talking about fanservice
what did he mean by this?

Is shit cause there is only one male MC.
So this mean this is your average isekai moe harem crap.
And the MCs are mary sue cause they are smart and plan ahead what they do in order to ensure their winnings.

>Is shit cause there is only one male MC.
non sequitur
>So this mean this is your average isekai moe harem crap.
non sequitur
>And the MCs are mary sue cause they are smart and plan ahead what they do in order to ensure their winnings.
non sequitur

If you're retarded enough to believe what you posted then I don't think explaining why your entire post was non sequiturs will help
You have to be 18 to post user

No user the color was amazing. Just because it wasn't safe and comfortable for you doesn't make it any less so and I guarantee you didn't feel nauseated watching the colors. You're just acting like a complete bitch.

>Why do you all underrate this series so much?

>No, you're wrong about your own opinion, you complete bitch.
Alright, then.

So you admit you hate it because it's popular.

Then why don't you say "in my opinion" or something instead of making what you have to say out to be facts that everybody knows and accepts.

All the haters jumping on the bandwagon for no apparent reason aside, I think there's a few types of people that don't like this show:

1. People who don't enjoy watching shows with foregone conclusions. Everybody knows that the two main characters are going to win, they're basically the ultimate Mary Sue and Gary Stu combination. If you don't enjoy discovering the details of how they're going to win, you're not going to like this show.

2. People who don't like the art style. Personally, I really enjoyed the art style, but in the end this specific argument can't be argued objectively because it's down to personal preference. I've never actually disliked an anime due to the art style, but that might be because the quality of the art in itself is not why I'm interested in anime.

3. People who don't like fanservice. This is kind of an odd argument, seeing as 99,99 % of people on Sup Forums watch anime in order to masturbate to it, even when the majority of these people realize that hentai and doujin actually exist. Maybe this is some sort of protection mechanism; maybe they're just telling themselves that they're not complete perverts because they don't fap to hentai/doujin. Personally I prefer to masturbate to explicit material and enjoy muh anime/mango for other reasons. In my opinion NGNL is one of the few shows that is good DESPITE of the fanservice.

4. Kind of similar to 1, people who try to watch the show for any other reason than to enjoy seeing how the main characters are going to win. They might crave a deep story, good character development and other qualities this show just doesn't have, and judge it accordingly. In my opinion that is just retarded, that would be like saying that pizza tastes bad because it doesn't have enough chocolate on it.

>pair of mary sue and gary stu
>no sibling romance

it was watchable but that's about it

>the colors are bad
>not an opinion
Man, you're fucking dumb.

>Then why don't you say "in my opinion"

all comments are opinions by default, moran.

Because Reddit likes it, same shit as re:zero. Faggots like to separate themselves from that place as much as possible. I liked NGNL and they made the whole Madhouse "impossibly OP" thing not seem so repetitive since they always seem like they are going to lose.

Stop trying to simply what you said in your hast to recover your argument. You were talking about the color palette like you're some kind of color pallet expert and it was factually bad. You're honestly like maybe only 20%. Keep arguing with me and see what happens.

haste*

>the color palette was nauseating
=
>You were talking about the color palette like you're some kind of color pallet expert
Not even the palettefag but you're stupid.

>Then why don't you say "in my opinion"
Holy shit.

Steph was dumb as hell

I can kind of see your side of this, but in the end of the day it's implied that he was just voicing his own opinion due to the subject at hand.

Personally, I think you are retarded if you're going to let the color palette of a show stop you from watching it; if that's so important to you, why watch anime at all? Just satisfy yourself with other art forms, like watching masterful paintings. Thinking about it, the vast majority of anime is crap from an artistic standpoint (i.e. as compared to other visual media), and I'd argue that most of the shows that are considered to have good art, don't have good art the majority of the time.

Call me closed minded, but game world isekai light novel adaption is just too many red flags.

It was a fun show, and Sup Forums hates fun

>abloobloobloo why is there fanservice in this not serious at all comedy anime

It doesn't have to be bad, see Konosuba. NGNL just didn't work for me.

>you chose not to watch this show because you didn't like the colors, so why don't you just look at paintings instead of watching anime at all?
Is this a joke? Do you seriously think that logic makes any sense whatsoever?

It's not hard to type "in my opinion" or "I think now is it? Congratulations nerd! You've now hit 0%. I hope you're proud of yourself.

I basically fit under #1. I loved the artstyle and was indifferent to the fanservice. I just got bored with them winning every single time.

It was alright, but it's never getting a second season so why bother caring beyond that point? There was also a criminal lack of Shiro/Sora doujins.

>never getting a second season

Don't say those things

>we will never get to see horny angel's cute sister animated

>mfw plum doujins will never happen

I fail to see how this is hard to understand, but my logic was that if your main interest is watching aesthetically pleasing things, why pursue anime instead of pursuing a medium that actually puts aesthetically pleasing things above all else?

I don't watch soccer, but if I were to watch soccer, it would not be because the most important thing for me is to see how far a player can throw a ball, or how fast a player can run. If those were my criteria, I would watch other sports in which those criteria were the main purpose of the sport.

Why are you even taking that guys opinion seriously? He's not a color pallet expert. The color pallet isn't bad.

Well, the author pretty much killed S2 with his own tracing hands.

Why it's true.
Plus the only LN adaption that I want to get a second season both won't and if it did would have a criminal lack of best girl.
Seriously where did she disappear from the story to? She basically went and got the Roc Demon King and then vanished from the narrative. I demand more best girl interacting with Izayoi

If you don't like any of these, then you probably don't like anime. I mean how many anime actually have an mc that loses more then they win? Its not like the art style is offensive or vastly different then any other anime (compared to aku no hana, ping pong and kaiba). Fanservice is so common in anime you may was well not bother with the medium.

In fact NGNL actually has a setting where the mc's have more nuance in how the win then most shows. Seeing how its political, it can have "wins" that end being loses and "loses" that can end up being wins.

You logic is easy to "get," but it just doesn't make any fucking sense. Just because you aren't interested in one certain show because you dislike the visuals doesn't mean that somehow visuals are the main/only reason you watch anime. That's the most ridiculous oversimplification I've seen in a while.

>Just because you aren't interested in one certain show because you dislike the visuals doesn't mean that somehow visuals are the main/only reason you watch anime.

While I agree with this, how can I interpret as anything other than implying exactly this? The post judges the show only on the choice of color, and the poster even admits that he hasn't even watched the show. If that's not putting art above all else, then what is?

Sup Forums loved NGNL when it aired.

>you're all
>Sup Forums is a hivemind
>blah blah blah I'm a dumb idiot

I love NGNL, think SAO is good but nowhere near as good as NGNL and think Flip Flappers is overrated and a very mediocre anime nowhere near as good as SAO or NGNL.

I like interesting discussions, and often you don't know whether a discussion will be interesting or not before you're having it.

Different user, but it's the same reason I havent watched One Piece. Horrible fucking trash art style.

Sometimes one trait is bad enough for you that you can't get past it.

Preference? Or are you telling me the art / palette in NGNL is objectively good?

Actually the visuals are the reason most people watch anime you ugly zit faced piece of shit! If anime didn't look like anime it would turn a lot of anime fans from it because it wouldn't look like anime. The visuals in NGLN are good in my opinion though and it does look like anime obviously.

Too much shitposting when it was airing. People who want to discuss it can't bother with all that shitposting.
Jibril best girl

How do you people even know what reddit likes and doesn't? I swear most of the people that come here with 'muh reddit likes it' are just rejects that got btfo'd over there and came here to bitch about it to feel better about themselves.

Shitposting just means it's a good series. Most anime that has a lot of shitposting is elite. Take Madoka for quick example.

Literally the only reason to prefer anime over another medium is due to the visuals. The only other reason being creative freedom which ultimately is only possible because the art allows for it. If you want deep and intricate stories you would have better luck reading a book or if you just wanted something to watch you'd just watch normalfag shit like game of thrones.

I would guess since Reddit is the most mainstream forum in the world, they would like the most mainstream and popular anime. Geee, that was so hard.

>Most anime that has a lot of shitposting is elite
this
>pic related

Jojo or DB says otherwise.

So you're admitting you hate NGNL because it's popular?

Shitposting just means its popular. The problem is that itprevents any legit discussion. It was stupid for Sup Forums to have a shitstorm over the rock-scissors-paper game.

>How do you people even know what reddit likes and doesn't?

Because they are the kind of bitch faggots who actually browse reddit in the first place. Seriously, if you know or care about anything that's going on over there then you're part of the problem and should straight up fuck off ay.

You just don't know how to post correctly is your problem. As a Madoka and Railgun fan I know for a fact you can get discussion accomplished while shitposting is happening.

I can't say I know myself. It's one of those things I assume amounts to "I don't like it so it must be some reddit normie hipster shit reeeeeeee"

I'm not the same user you were addressing, and I don't hate NGNL. It was entertaining enough but bland and forgettable.

>Still one of top sellers in 2016
So tracing was just memelords acting smug?

Not always correct. Some anime gain small but obnoxious fan bases here who spam themselves and gain attention and shit posters that way.

see Umaru, prime example

NGNL is amazing in how smart it is in a psychological sense, also great humor. Needs a s2!

Also outer space battle with Jibril is the most epic scene.

That's just your opinion. I think it was amazing and unforgettable.

>most epic scene.
on par with the cheaty izuna scene imo
good taste though

How cool and edgy did saying that make you feel user?

First off, that is me, and I never even said anything about the show overall - I was talking solely about the color palette, not using it to judge the whole thing. I'm not strongly interested in the show in general, and the colors are just an extra reason not to bother. Just for argument, though, even if I had decided not to watch it based solely on the colors, without knowing anything else about it, that could just mean that I disliked that aspect of it a ridiculous amount. If you think a show is really bad at one aspect of anime, that can ruin it for you, even if you do also value other aspects of anime in general.

>you ugly zit faced piece of shit!
I can't even tell if I'm being baited or if OP is an actual fourteen-year-old.

What about when Izuna's sister goes super fox mode for that coin toss? I loved that.

>I think it was bland and unforgettable
>lel how edgy xd
Fuck off.

I really liked the chess game. Played it over and over again when I first saw it. NGNL hyped in ways very few series ever had with the angles it pulled.

You're such a man.

Someone started calling it Reddit: the anime, and things snowballed from there.

Fuck off retard.

>miko
>izuna's sister
what?
more doujins when????

You say that as it gets a movie this year, and it's not a recap.

Don't try and play innocent now. You acted like a know it all color pallet expert looking down on all of us for enjoying this series because it was beneath you when in reality you're just a hipster nerd who doesn't know a thing about color pallets. You're honestly pretty sad.

wasn't there news that he wasn't really tracing and it was just some random guy reaching far up his ass saying that he was tracing?

>great war
we better see jibiril fucking up elvenguard

This thread is pure cancer
Just like the series

>cancer visuals

Holy shit, how can you be this much of a bitch ass contrarian?

>"IT LOOKS PRETTY SO I GOTTA SAY IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT AND IS REDDIT TIER GARBAGE WITH CANCER ART BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Serious question, why haven't you killed yourself yet?

>stop disliking the things I like
nice argument

I thought they were sisters? Aren't they sisters?

Yes.
>state my opinion
>how cool and edgy you felt after typing that
NGNL threads are as bad as Jojo.