I need some hot opinions on this

I need some hot opinions on this

I genuinely can't tell if I just saw a masterpiece, or just a cheesy shitshow

I've never been this confused about whether I liked something

Big emotions. Makes you feel bigly.

Don't gotta be deep if it succeeds at exactly what it was going for.

Episode 1 looked so nice that I dropped it right away when it first came out so I could wait for the BD rips.

But then I never picked it back up.

According to Sup Forums, I didn't miss anything worthwhile.

It's a very pretty show, both visually and with its classical music. The story is predictable, but if it makes you feel things then it did its job. Best not to blow it out of proportion by calling it a masterpiece.

It was good.

Not a masterpiece. Not a shitshow.

6/10.

It wasn't anything groundbreaking of super special but it was great to watch for the music and visuals, both of which were top notch.

I don't know why Sup Forums is convinced this is a 1/10 or something.

Is beautiful. Is good music. Is good.

Didn't you just make a thread a moment ago?

It's garbage, The most overrated piece of shit ever.

>shove in classical music.
>dying girl.
>500 similes and metaphors.
>wow what a sad fucking show.
I don't think I hate anything more than this.

A real sad show is AnoHana not this fucking mess they did.

I agree with this, but the show was quite pretty to look at and the performances they used were really great.

I enjoyed it because of those aspects. Everything else was average at best.

It's shit.

/thread

Jesus. Tripfags still fucking shit up. Filtered.

I didn't watch it but I thought it was dogshit.

It was a shitshow. Horribly weak and repetitive PTSD drama, a million episodes of the girl dying without any real substantial look into how she actually felt about that, lots of incredibly jarring tone-shift tsundere moments (and I fucking like tsundere in general), terrible handling of the chidlhood friends, etc.

>I genuinely can't tell if I just saw a masterpiece, or just a cheesy shitshow
The latter. Horrible cliché characters are one major point but my problem with this show is that it portrays a completely false view on competitions and music in general.

OP here

I agree with absolutely everything you said

And yet it made me feel stuff and has me looking up classical sheet music, whereas I've always only played blues and jazz so far

>it made me feel stuff

To me that is the most important thing to any story, so even if it was weak in some parts I would still say it was really good and worth the watch

All of the great pieces are narrated over by some sneak-attacking fuck or even edited around so no it's absolutely a shitshow. Watch Nodame Cantabile if you want a good classical music show.

Fucking horrible only salvaged by the direction.

>and then she died
Wow. I'm so god damn moved.

>A real sad show is AnoHana

Reddit's first anime. You have to go back.

I can understand not liking it's portrayal of competitions but I don't see much injustice it did to music. The characters reminded me a bit of some fellow musicians I know in a few ways.

>Americans are so desensitized to violence and deaths that unless it comes out like a right hook in your face it doesn't have any meaning

top kek don't you have som nascar and watermelon to get to?

What moved me isn't the death of the girl, but the desire the artists had to express themselves, to convey feelings, the inspiration. As a scientist this really made an impression on me.

>I don't see much injustice it did to music.
The most problematic aspect is probably how it claims that being true to the score and playing with great expression are two exclusive things. This is a blatant lie.
Also it's an anime about music but you never get one clean performance without someone thinking loudly or talking. It's OK with something like Nodame Cantabile since it mostly features orchestral music anyway and you're not going to make the audience listen to an entire symphony.
However, the biggest insult to music itself was how they added an acoustic guitar and drums to Chopin's Winter Wind etude. Was that really necessary? I mean really, who in their right mind thinks "you know what Chopin's music is missing? Drums. Fucking drums and a guitar."

Shitty melodrama, but the final episode delivered Kaori's death nicely and I guess that's what most people will remember because niggas love it. Also, kose should stay single forever.

It's a good drama that'll make you feel emotions but it's heavily flawed. The other piano players just don't feel realistic and their monologues brought the show down with how obsessed they were with Kosei, and unforunately they take up a large part of the show

>However, the biggest insult to music itself was how they added an acoustic guitar and drums to Chopin's Winter Wind etude.
There's a difference between disliking an arrangement to something being an insult to music.