Throw a homer

>throw a homer

What the fuck did they mean by this, Sup Forums? Because I've been into professional baseball for YEARS and I've never HEARD of garbage like "throw a homer" before.

Did they mean "HIT a homer"? Are "professional" translators such garbage that they fuck up basic terminology and then try to blatantly defend it because they don't want their precious egos shattered?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=901193
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

y u mad tho

Don't CR higher ups check what the translator puts out before he finishes?

This person seems to just be doing whatever he wants.

The translators are unironically "just pranking bro". The sort of people who go through life fucking up at every turn, and whimpering out "i-it's just a game!" or some other variant.

>he's never thrown a homer

>real sentient homosapiens unironically part with living expenses for this garbage

Holy shit my sides.

Are you faggots still sperging out over this? Please, just let it go.

Literally who

I know nothing about baseball, but I think it sounds fine.

>Sup Forums next to reddit

truly our closest friends

Xyther is hella retarded

>another monday of anons shitting the bed for fucking gabriel dropout subs
>next week will be the same
and the next
and the next
and the next

I'm not watching Gabriel Dropout so what's the context behind the sentence? Could they have meant it as, "threw a home run pitch."

At leas Stella subs were cute in a bad way, Gabriel subs are simply bad.

The last episode will be subbed entirely in emojis.

I watched both versions and preferred ESL-kuns, also after watching both you really see how many liberties they took with it.

Good thing that we're past the halfway mark at this point. But really, if the same guy subs another thing next season I might just have to take a break from Sup Forums.

It's a Simpsons reference, you underage cunt.

You could say that 'throwing a home run' means you threw a shitty pitch.

It's actually a subtle shout-out to the poem "Odyssey" you philistine.

The case on the first result in that screenshot seems to imply it's not being able to complete what should have been an easy home run, therefore "throwing" it in the same way you would throw a game.

sasuga hertzzz senpai maybe you can get tl-kun to throw in a truly epic reference like BAZINGA in next ep : )

Since we're talking about baseball, I just finished Cross Game and I think it might be my favorite anime of all time. Are there any other sports/baseball anime that will make me cry like a bitch? Should I just watch Touch to fill the void?

The only baseball anime I've seen is Princess Nine and I don't know about crying, I just want to advertise it because I loved it

Weird taste.

>expecting a bunch of weeaboo nerds to know what throwing a homer means
>from Sup Forums with love

>sasuga
I think you mean: Memes move Mt. Hertz

What the hell does this even mean?

Thanks, I'll check it out. I sort of wanted to do the same thing with Cross Game, I wish I was here when it aired.

What's weird about it? It was like everything I enjoyed about Anohana without the supernatural crap, plus it had baseball which I also enjoy. Its like it was made for me. And the art was cute as fuck. I fell in love with almost every character.

this sounds hella dumb

I like to imagine when Kimi ni Todoke gets finished, she'll start a season about the Legend of Blazing Bat: the College Years.

Ive always found sports anime very boring , and you dont really see sports fans around Sup Forums.

So did I until I watched Cross Game. There is a lot of baseball but its definitely more of a romcom/SoL. I don't think I could get into an all-male sports anime where the focus is entirely on the game, that's definitely not for me.

Also I'm assuming you've seen/read it but if you haven't just go watch the first episode.

Get it together CR

>dressing devilish = raising hell

THE MEANING IS TOTALLY THE SAME
LITERALLY NOTHING WAS CHANGED BECAUSE MUH FUNCTIONAL EQUIVALENCY

t. Daiz

It's probably the same retard that did hot sweaty ping pong girls

I hope there'll be more of them just for the sake of triggering you.

>153755433
nobody cares herkz

At least /gg/ was free

>americans actually pay for these shit translations

You know what would be a good way to stop this? GIVING THAT SHOW GOOD OFFICIAL SUBS FOR FUCKING ONCE.

>166 comments
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=901193

I never knew CR was a governement project

Hope the God Emperor cuts that apart harder than Sesame Street

REAPER REAPER

It almost almost as certain as death.

You guys do realize the guy doing this comes here and is basking in your comments, trying to push the limit as far as he can?

There's no way in hell that the subs could be getting worse any other way, it beggers belief that anyone would do it on purpose.

The nonsensical line and the kid talking like that in front of his mother, in Japan, were both pretty bad. "Jeez lady" really?

It's the editor for the english subs. The spanish subs are what the translator is giving us before the retarded editor intentionally ruins the script with their highschool level writing and unwarranted meme/idiom insertions. Someone really needs to send a letter to Crunchyroll's higher ups about the intentional sabotage.

It's OK, there will be better subs for the rest of the season.

There's competition now. Fansubs have been dead for a long time, but maybe there's a chance now.

At least the deathly puns mostly died off after that episode.

I'm making a v3 of this shit with every little typo fixed and actual proper signs.

I might be a fuck up, but I'm a fuck up who learns.

Probably worth noting that Horse + Deer is the Kanji

>God Emperor
This shit is so gay.

Yeah see, this shit doesn't work. You can't put translator notes INSIDE AN EPISODE.

Dumb fuck

y u mad tho?

I knew i shouldn't have looked. Started getting triggered at bassgs435 and then herkz showed up and proved that he indeed the absolutely biggest retarded faggot on the planet.

>Muh context

wew

Fuck off Daiz
You can and it's the perfect way to handle the Akuma pun.

>247,000 results
Congratulations faggots, "throw a homer" is now a uesed phrase.

But Americans hate reading, so they need to read adapted jokes or else they get angry.

Idolizing men makes you a homo though

>oh what's this you don't like this show's translation? Then drop the whole thing you shit
As expected of someone who procreates with equines.

It's talking about homing, and in a homing missile.

Pun of "curiosity killed the cat."

Did they mean "Throw a homer" as in a homing missile?

Shut up your not even a professional translator.
They LOVE these jokes.
you dont know japanese

That's a rather inaccurate homing missile then.

We already have content for them end-of-the-year collages my man

>People think turning "what did you guys even come here for" into this is acceptable

NISA and Neptunia caused some real lasting harm to translation and localization quality

Why is this subhuman allowed to live?

If we taking about subs. I just remembered another retarded shit -,Shinsekai Yori translation by UTW. And no, 'cantus' is ironically the least problem of this subs. It was so much retarded, that it almost gave me a cancer. Fortunately CR subs (which weren't that bad in this case and 100% better than this crap from UTW) were perfectly timed for BD release so I just remuxed MKVs.

Holy fuck, I haven't even paid attention to subs there. Bare skin. What the fuck. It doesn't even make sense because it has nothing to do with demons.

Leave him be, burger-mind is an uncurable disease :(

you know it's bad when not even CR fags like it

Why is he even a mod on nyaa?
It's always the same thing, the most subhuman autists somehow manage to get into power positions.

>Grabiel
>arent

Also, it should be "Why is it called Gabriel Dropout if she still goes to school?"

Because non autist are getting power in shit that does matter. Only autists who don't have anything else in life care about getting power in websites for chink cartoons.

Clearly CR is just completely giving up on the TLC (tender, loving care) that others like Asenshi make a point of.

I'm kidding, I know TLC means translation check. That kinda is what's lacking here though, seems like they don't have multiple people looking over the sub script.

Probably able to output faster and thus make more money that way.

Take a look at Akiba's Trip's most recent episode.

Just because there are idiots who use TL Notes wrong (putting their shitty opinions, old Gintama subbers who only point out super obvious refs like Dragon Ball) doesn't mean TL Notes can't be used.

>gabriel dropout will end

kuma means bear
akuma means demon
a kuma = a bear
lel

>I'm functionally illiterate

Those anons decided to go with the bear side of the pun and kind of ignored the devil part, it worked but obviously it couldn't get the entire joke. That's why hating on all TL notes is dumb as fuck, most language jokes are impossible to translate properly while keeping all their meaning intact.

Where do I find corrected subs?

>hating on all TL notes
Many people say this but I don't remember shitstorms about TL notes. Besides CG of course. Ok, there was a bit of trolling sometimes but at least it was contained. Now the same shit permeates the entirety of the sub.

reminder that even people who pay for CR shit, hate these subs.

That famous CG one was done on purpose by a bunch of fags, you know. TL notes should ideally be used for things that can't be translated properly without losing a bunch of their original meaning, like the akumabear and horsedeer jokes.

but are they professionals tho

I'm actually amazed that the Spanish subs are actually much better done than the English ones. Like, the ones actually translating from nip are the spics. I would use the Spanish subs, but fuck horriblesubs for not ripping them.

Haven't seen those subs, but screenshot probably missing the context. Most likely subbers added build-up to the joke e.g. added a line somewhere before "you need to look more devilish, for example to reveal more skin".
I would probably go with good old "unbearable" pun. Something like this:
>You should act more like devil, to become completely shameless and unbearable
>I might have something that will help you
>Un-bear-able

TL notes ruin the joke too. Jokes are never funny when they are explained. So it's always better to try to use even lamest and stupidest puns instead of TL notes.

Professionally illiterate.

>TL notes should ideally be used for things that can't be translated properly without losing a bunch of their original meaning, like the akumabear and horsedeer jokes.
You must be retarded if you think that original meaning of akumabear is so important it needs TL notes. It just shouldn't be oh-so-beastly fucking bad.