Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Storytime of Pain

Most people praise the various yugioh mangas, except for this one. Join me today as we find out why exactly.

Meet our first manga exclusive character! Get used to him

>Storytime of Pain
It's not THAT bad

Yeah, Sect got way too much screentime. He's basically Rally from the anime if he were older, didn't look like a girl and he never left.

Sounds quite annoying.

I would just like to point out that Yusei WEARS A FUCKING HELMET in the anime, because he's not a retard and he values safety, especially with how often Turbo Duels end in crashes. But I guess Manga Yusei is 2cool for safety.

>Sense
Oh boy, here we go

I don't remember him wearing it often at all in the manga

So wait, people even liked the Zexal manga more than this one? I really liked both this series and the Zexal one, to be honest. I mean sure, they did a few cliffhangers in this series where the duel's end was basically right at the beginning of the next volume, but other than that...

That's my point, for some reason in the Manga most characters don't wear helmets, whereas in the anime everyone did (except for robots from the future that don't need them).

He's an annoying little shit.

I actually thought the helmets looked cool too. Don't know why this artist didn't like them

>A Synchro Summon?!
How the hell does Sect not know that Yusei is a Synchro user when he's supposed to be this local star? Has he never seen him duel before?

BEE FORCE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Please Satan, I'll sell you my soul for trading cards!

It continues! I have to leave for work soon, so thanks in advance OP!

uh..ok

This is an odd start

Is it just me, or do the characters look drawn very weird. Yusei's neck looks bigger than it should be and Akiza's neck/chest ratio looks kinda off.

And then there's Jack's face.

>driving on a pipeline at high speed
>not wearing a helmet

It's a shame our main character is going to die one chapter in.

We're going to get nonstop edge for awhile

Well, now we know why the story was so shitty in this manga, dude had no help at all. No wonder his donutsteal character ended up with the majority of the screen time

I guess it's easier to do things without too many assistants for a monthly series.

>Series is about card games on Motorcycles in a Sci-Fi future setting
>Second chapter involves dueling a Skeleton riding a ghost horse

Never really saw 5Ds before. So they're racing while dueling? That seems needlessly complex, but I guess that's keeping with the established universe of the original and GX.

>sense

A what?

The rules for the speed duels here are also different from the anime rules that require speed world

>gets too much screentime
>not a qt fuccboi

Sounds like shit, desu.

In fact, they basically just use the OCG rules only with 4000 LP, like all the other anime.

Power levels user. Yes they introduced power levels, and they're just as inconsistent

>Wasting a magic card like that
Holy shit Yusei get a grip

Basically "real damage" done to the player which is usually done my magic in other series but here is somehow caused by motorcycles being fast or something.

I should have seen this coming when manga Jaden's signature monster was Freeza.

I guess the Crimson Dragon/Psychic stuff isn't in the manga, either.

>I firmed up my defense
You mean a 1200 DEF monster with no effect?

Sense, the author's attempt to use power levels

It sort of is, just not the way you would expect it to.

I think that kid just fucking died.

This, what a disappointment, I'm almost glad that the zexal manga kept Yuma's ace as Utopia like the anime.

>nice, friendly duel
>suddenly Ghost Rider

Okay.

>It's been forever since a card wounded me..

Even in yugioh I just find that line hilarious

Well, it's good to see that people still bet their lives on card games the minute something slightly supernatural shows up.

I feel like he could've saved that card for later in the duel.

Skull Knight needed a part time gig during Miura's hiatus.

>"It's been forever since a card wounded me."

It happened two turns ago, actually.

haha time for the power of friendship

>Children snickered at me for not following the banlist