Why won't Sup Forums form a fansubbing group?

Why won't Sup Forums form a fansubbing group?

Tried and failed idea.

Because Sup Forums died before fansubbing died.

Too much work. Easier to complain.

I though Sup Forums was a fansubbing group. Why did you faggots lie to me?

We can't even come to agreement about which 2D girl is best, how could we ever work together on an important project?

Because I'm sure there must be at least 10 of you competent enough in nip and not autistic to the point where you can't cooperate

see commie

>Sup Forums
>not autistic
Pick ONLY one

>not autistic to the point where you can't cooperate
That's where you wrong kiddo.

Be the change you want to see. And when you reply giving me your personal excuses, there's your answer.

>Sup Forums
>not autistic to the point where you can't cooperate

>not autistic

>3d reaction images

But there are people in the DJT that can speak Japanese.

You first

Literally every fansub group started on Sup Forums you fucking new summerfag.

The group of anons with the social skills to cooperate in this and the group that can actually translate japanese are mutually exclusive.

You need to be pretty autistic to learn Japanese for the sake of children's cartoons.

inb4 DAIZ comes in claiming he is Sup Forums's fansubbing group

Fuck you DAIZ.

Are they willing to do it for free?

Another one added to the filter

>Sup Forums
>Not autistic
>Cooperating

Pick one

You must be new

But most people are like you. Even in that small group, you still need people who are driven to join a group to translate for free, you need people who are willing to create such a group, create resources, coordinate, get cleaners, etc. There isn't a large enough number of people with those skills and that nature to make it likely for such a group to form. Maybe it's possible, but without many people with the potential to do it, it probably won't happen. In other words, too many people like you asking why people aren't doing things you want, not enough people like them trying to actually do things they want.

>Uses 3d reaction image in response to 3d reaction images

sasuga user

>search "user" on nyaa
>429 results
this thread is bad and you should feel bad

Fuck you

I think you mean Faith moves Mt. user

>Autistic enough to learn the tongue of the racist volcano people so you can have an easier time understanding their girlfriend simulators
> Sufficiently non autistic to work in a group.

Pick one.

But not you though, right?

quick, someone perform the ritual to summon Daiz

Because even if happens, you can't guarantee that they would not be part of some sort of fansub drama and disappear.

Sup Forums, like every other board on Sup Forums, cannot work together well enough to accomplish anything.

Some individuals can, but generally, those interested in "Sup Forums projects" are often attention seeking assholes who can't actually get any work done.

There have been at least 6-7 sub groups mostly or entirely by Sup Forumsnon over the years, probably closer to 10+ actually.

Sup Forums for a time was extremely influential if not practically running the show for the whole sub group scene before crunchyshit and HS homogenized everything. HS made a lot of group efforts utterly redundant. Speedsubs aren't even in newfags' lexicons because they expect HS in a few hours after japan airing. Quite often it used to take a few days waiting for fansubs to come out for airing shows, and these were the speedsubs. Slow (but high quality) took longer.

>mfw neo Sup Forums tells streamers to fuck off but uses HS for everything as if its somehow better

Where do you think fansubbing groups formed in the first place? Besides, fansubs are dead. Not worth the effort.

HS provides a consistent release schedule.

I remember when I had to wait weeks for B-tier series I was watching back in 2006.

>competent enough in nip
>not autistic

You ask for too much. I'm competent in nip simply due to being autistic.

filtered, you newfag

We say kissanime-tier streamers to fuck off

HS is kissanime you retard

>watching streams of hs

>only neo Sup Forums tells streamers to fuck off
>using HS isn't better than a shittily compressed online video with watermarks and horrible video players
Streaming nowadays is like VLC now, it's not as shit as it was before but there are still better alternatives that only faggots like you don't use

>tfw I post kissanime caps all the time but since I crop out the watermark no one notices despite HS somehow being better

>Streaming nowadays is like VLC now
>he fell for the VLC is bad maymay

I don't even use VLC but this isn't 2007, VLC is perfectly fine now.

This.
Additionally, there are plenty of Sup Forumsnon scanlators.

>Wow, not everyone is paying attention to my shitty image with compression artifacts out the ass. That must mean they just don't notice in the first place!

>horrible video players
>he's too stupid to click the use your own player button

Learn to read. I said VLC is fine now but there's still better alternatives.

>Wow, I still think streaming sites look like that meme infographic taken from 2006!

The filenames on their videos match the ones on Nyaa

VLC has always been fine, but has never been accepted
caring about decoding artifacts has always been autism, plain and simple

There are a number of fansubbing groups that have their origins on Sup Forums, but if you're talking about making Sup Forums itself into one large fansubbing group, you're talking nonsense. First of all, you need additional infrastructure besides just the board and some file sharing services to do a fansub, which someone has to maintain, and all the problems that come with that. Second, trying to get Sup Forums to collaborate on anything is a task on the level of cat-herding. There's just not enough cohesiveness to make it practical.

>being this retarded

>Sup Forums for a time was extremely influential if not practically running the show for the whole sub group scene

This was never true, and the rest of the post isn't very accurate either.

There's been some user fansub efforts over the years, but they've mostly been one-man script products, possibly muxed with a raw by someone else. The main reason for this is that an imageboard is a terrible medium for organizing concentrated group efforts over time. The Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA subbing efforts are probably the biggest fansub project to come from Sup Forums in terms of team size and they took a long time to complete due to organizational inefficiency.

IRC has been the primary method of communication and organization for subbers for the longest time. When it comes to Sup Forums, I'm pretty much the biggest connection this place has to the fansubbing scene. Though admittedly I did get into fansubbing myself through doing random one-off things for Sup Forums (I was already a trip user before that, primarily using it for giving playback help).

thanks for adding to my filter you faggots. not reading a word.

majority of people are too lazy or stupid to learn Japanese

those that do learn N1 or 2 level don't give a fuck about subbing for other people for free. If it's something they really like and no one has a release they may take it on themselves to translate. Random anons sub stuff time to time.

The very few who learn Japanese and want to translate shit join a formed subgroup.

Sup Forums can't form one or else Daiz and his meme cartel will dismantle it

HE IS HERE

Through the Dark Lord, amen.

Sacrifice your firstborn and pray to gg for them to come back every now and then.

How have you not been perma banned yet?

Oh good, the summoning ritual worked. I was afraid we'd have to go and sacrifice a goat or something.

Hey Daiz what do you think of the new AMD cpu?

They look quite promising. Waiting for post-release benchmarks to see if they live up to the hype.

Even though that is true, a lot of fansub groups got their start on Sup Forums.

Good job on worshipping a tripfag

Her Daiz, what do you think of Hella Awesome Subs being objectively better than your buddy at CR seeing as they can actually write creative English that's accurate and not shitty memes?

VLC used to be pretty bad at handling softsubs, but that's long since been fixed.

ARE YOU BRINGING THE KITCHEN SINK?

>a lot of fansub groups got their start on Sup Forums.

Like what? I've usually at least kept an eye on any Sup Forums fansub efforts (and occasionally handed out advice to them), and pretty much all of them fit either the one-man or one-project mold I described. As far as I know I'm one of the few exceptions to that in that I actually stuck to it beyond my one-man one-off releases and eventually turned my one-man "group" into an actual group too.

You are one egotistical motherfucker.

Why do you feel the need to slip some passing reference to how important and influential you are into every post?

Thank you for the reply, by the way you should stop posting in these threads, is really sad to see you post about something you really dont know about

How big can your fucking ego get?

Look, the fundamental point is that Daiz and his crew feel that subs of comedy series should be kept... well... comedic, even at the expense of some literalness. That is a perfectly valid theory of translation. If the show has no depth, then you don't lose anything by doing that. If you think it has depth anyway, you probably have autism, but that's not his problem.

Now, whether the jokes he comes up with are funny, that is perhaps another story. But those are two seperate complaints.

is this an ebin meme among "professional" translators?
i've never heard "throw a homer" before

>subs of comedy series should be kept... well... comedic
A translator's job is to translate. Is that hard to understand?

Literally the same as "I don't know what this means lol" kys

If you translate a comedy show well, it will still be a comedy show. That doesn't require you to add in additional jokes where none existed before. Moron.

And an editor's job is to edit.

It's baseball speak. If you're not from a country where the sport is popular, or if you don't have at least a tangential awareness of sports, you might not get it.

You can't just "translate" Japanese. If the translations were 1:1 you wouldn't understand shit.

Translation != Rewrite

Daiz and his crew should kill themselves.

Okay now you're joking
This whole "incompetent retard" persona of yours was a big joke all along, and we all got suckered into it
Right?

These thread are really easy to troll at, and bait retards to reply or like people say now get (YOUs)

Does anyone have that list of everything Daiz has done to ruin anime?

>not knowing these shitty tripcunts
>3D reaction image
hownew.ru

why isn't this faggot and his obvious shitposting banned already?
i've seen tripfags getting banned for less

Uhh, what?

If you're referring to fansubbing, I do know quite a lot about it.

If you're referring to translation, while I don't know enough Japanese to translate it myself, I have studied translation as a subject itself and also talked and consulted with translators a lot over the years as a part of being a group and project leader on various fansubbing efforts.

But that's not what I'm trying to do? I'm just saying it how it is - I'm pretty much the most notable fansubber to post here, and that's simply due to the fact that I'm pretty much the only fansubber who actively posts here about fansubbing to begin with. Most fansubbers stick to other venues.

Why do you think people make them?
Here's another (you)

You're assuming that comedy is universal. It frequently isn't. Attempting to be overly literal often results in these asinine TL notes attempting to explain the joke, which as you might already know, inevitably ruins it.

We've had like 15

A lot of subgroups came from Sup Forums, right?
I mean, te cartel members care a lot about this place and its opinion so they are the anons that formed a subgroup in the past I guess.

Daiz were you involved with UTW at all or am I just misremembering?

You are being hella obtuse

But you don't throw a homer you hit a homer.