Did the emperor do anything wrong?

And yes it is politics, everyone knows empire is just space nazis. Put your redpills here

> No physical evidence of alderaan blowing up. They used a fake video trying to trick Leia into giving up location of the terrorist base

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Monarch_of_Alderaan
youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no physical evidence of alderaan blowing up
>the spot where alderaan has been marked on star charts for millennia just happens to be an asteroid field now

Really activates my space-almonds

She shouldn't have been aiding terrorists, Alderaan blowing up was her fault as the princess.

It didn't happen but it should have happen, then later it did happen but it was a rebel false flag

>hurr because their unelected royalty was aiding a secret terrorist cell millions of innocents deserve to be disintegrated

Blast yourself

The wrong side won the Civil War.

That's some real big goalpost moving there

He made him kill younglings.

Both Trump and Obama wipe have bombed religious fanatic rebel groups that contained many children. Kids were child soldiers who would have been little jihadis all over the capital city. Unfortunate but wise

You know it's real fucking funny. People talk shit on the prequels, yet there's so many memorable scenes.
Even this scene, which I thought was corny at the time, has actually started to be more and more believable and realistic the older I get.
I've found myself saying in response to self righteous statements "well to me, that is evil and wrong". It's so honest and effective in a time of cowardly moral nihilism.

It's so sad to see what happened to star wars. The mouse will fucking pay for what it did.

>Did the emperor do anything wrong?

Yes. He did. He went too far. I made the classic mistake of "the means justifies the end" and his mission, however well intentioned it was in the beginning, started to become a game to him.
That's why he laughed so much and became so arrogant. He relished in his brutality and cruelty.

People see the empire and sith as "nazis" and that's cool in a sense because of the aesthetic and some of the ideals, but, the Sith and the emperor remind me a lot of liberals and communists.
Look at the way Hillary cackled about the death of Gaddafi for example, while Libya, a pretty prosperous and well organised country, was being torn to pieces by American backed terrorists. They used the pretext of "protecting" people to impose a no fly zone and the whole fucking place then turned into a blood bath.
While she whined on about racial equality and racism, the terrorists she armed went around murdering and enslaving black people...

Liberals in general preach equality and tolerance, but now they are openly hateful against Whites, and enthusiastically elitist and violent. They absolutely relish in saying cruel and offensive things and imposing horrible conditions on completely innocent Whites.
If they started out as caring people once they have very much changed into complete monsters, far more racist and wicked than we are.
Their politics is merely a pretext for their selfish and sadistic tastes and ambitions.

I dunno man, I kinda draw the line at yuenglings.

FUCK.
Meant to write.
>"end justifies the means".
His goal of "peace" and "order" was so important to him that anything was permitted. But if you want order and peace, what for? to keep people safe? to stop sadness and terror?
His methods violated the purpose of his goals.

Those younglings would have grown up to become religious zealots.

I loved the interaction between Galen and Krennic at the start of Rogue One, when Galen said "you're confusing peace with terror" and Krennic replied "you have to start somewhere". I thought it showed that some people genuinely saw the Empire as a force for good, instead of just duh ebil spess natzees

LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR

It's a "Sup Forums posts something off topic and pretends it's on topic but throwing politics-related-meme-buzzwords into their posts" thread.

Guys just stop please. You only encourage more off topic shit like this. Take it to /bantz/. That's what it's there for.

I need to call this "contrarian anaysis" it's when you take something someone else deems "bad" and paint it as "good" just for the sake of it. This is usually how Sup Forums forms any "opinion" it has.

I'm not saying it's not relevant with what's happening today, but I'm fairly certain that the political happenings in the prequels were actually lifted from the history books about Rome's transition from Republic to Empire.

No. He started a war with clones against droids to gain support for his movement. Fucking clones and droids. He could've just started conscription.

And he dismantled a corrupt, war mongering trade federation as well as a dangerous cult and inefficient senate

Only edgy/contrarian teens unironically love the sith/empire.

Their's or ours?

>not knowing that royalty is elected in the starwars universe, as shown by Episode I

fuck off normie faggot.

The Clone Wars you nerf herder.

>all planets in Star Wars work on the same political system

So tattooine elected the hutts you fucking retard?

>to stop sadness and terror?
>His methods violated the purpose of his goals.
They didn't though. The clone wars were fought by fucking clones and droids. The clones were made with consent from the person being cloned to be used for fighting and were properly indoctrinated so that it wouldn't affect their psych. Any intergalactic wars would have a lot of non-combatant casualties, but palpatine minimized the casualties over all

With this being Sup Forums and all, that was a valid question.

The EU makes it clear Alderaan used the same elective system.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Monarch_of_Alderaan

The EU doesn't exist anymore nigga

>yuuzhan vong movie never ever
>not even a cartoon
>all EU declared non-canon despite recent movie being fanfic tier

Fuck George and fuck Disney.

Fuck, consider me BTFO

>So tattooine elected the hutts you fucking retard?

The Hutts weren't the political leaders of Tattoonie, just one of the more (most?) powerful crime lords.

Not to mention he was building the empire to resist the eventual invasion of the Vong that only he could for see. He was trying to save the universe from the greatest threat to ever happen to the universe in the future. Had the Empire existed in full force when the Vong arrived, they would have done far better and many lives would have been saved.

Not if there weren't any religious zealots alive to teach them.

Yeah but who pushed the Separatists and the Republic into war with each other?

That was only to see which was stronger for having to face the Vong later.

hahaha.
Fair enough.
RIP EU.

But he sure did seem to have fun.

>has actually started to be more and more believable and realistic the older I get

How about

>So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause

This line was ridiculed over and over, it was used as a symbol of how bad Lucas' writing is.

And then you see shit like ridiculous things being voted in while full halls of people applaud it and...

No.

Thrawn would of reunited the Empire and save the galaxy too. BUT if it weren't for hack authors.

it's called devil's advocate, faggot
not everything is star wars ffs

>only for the apparent crime of being an apostate
And leading a direct military attack on the Jedi Temple, killing everyone inside and even murdering children?
>inb4 religious zealots
Anakin and Palpatine were zealots as well, just the other side of the religion.

the sevens are approaching

gone just as quickly as they arrived :(

No.

Peace is a lie, there is only
Passion
Through passion, I gain
Strength
Through strength, I gain
Power
Through power, I gain
Victory
Through victory, my chains will be
Broken
The Force shall set me free.

The Jedi seek an unnatural and artificial peace. Not only requiring the oppression of one's own feelings and desires, but oppression of dissent and opposition to their zealotry throughout the galaxy.

Their way was one of bigotry, zealotry, and oppression. The Sith shall rise once more.

>No evidence of Alderaan being destroyed
How do you explain this line from Obi-wan
>I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
Christ you're either baiting or retarded, most likely both

>muh feelings
That doesn't count as evidence you idiot. If anything the evidence would be the lack of a planet where it has existed since forever.

>Yeah but who pushed the Separatists and the Republic into war with each other?
That was to legitimize the threat of the jedi mate. They could have been a resurgence of the separatists, and an ex jedi master who trained many of them led the separatists previously.

Honestly Yuuzhan Vong could have been interesting for being NOT Storm Troopers. Just something completely different this time but still Star Wars.

When one plays devil's advocate, you literally declare you're doing it so the audience knows that. This is just pretending you're 100% serious.

Not sure I follow, what with count dooku being palpatines apprentice etc.

>No physical evidence of Alderaan

Yeah lets ignore all the force sensitive sentients out there who literally felt it happen.

>Everyone knows the empire is ebul space nazis
If Star Wars fans weren't such literal children they'd see how the entire thing is a much closer allegory for the rise of the Roman Empire but alas everything must be ebul nazis

And the blasted remnants of Alderaan where the Milennium Falcon comes out of hyperspace - with the Death Star right there?

Shame the new movie is shit

>Not sure I follow, what with count dooku being palpatines apprentice etc.
It legitimizes it to the ignorant senate mate. In any case the Jedi had far too much attachment to democracy. Palpatine needed literally an army of clones in order to defeat them to remove the ineffective and overly diplomatic bureaucracy

Yeah, he pretended what happened we're all 100% his doing like an ungrateful asshole
1k years of other people busting their asses to get him there and he doesn't even give them credit.
Also he created the CIS which is arguably one of the most based things in fiction to ever exist and then destroyed it

>Anakin and Palpatine were zealots as well
Anakin and Palpatine weren't a self-perpetuating powerful militia though mate

A good watch.

They moved it with the death star nigger
Why do you think k it had experimental tractor beams technology
Ffs it was created by one of the heads of the CIS to move planets closer to the core to make trading more competitive and bolster their profit margins.
The laser was added later

So he needed to build an army of clones and push the separatists into war to show that the jedi were too weak to face such a threat but too dangerous to be kept around.?

I guess that makes sense. I still think he was a bit excessive and enjoyed it all way too much, but I'd agree that the Jedi were a pretty troublesome group.
They are kind of like White SJW's in a way. You can't address problems because they stab you in the back and subvert attempts at organisation, meanwhile there's a gathering storm that wants to kill all of us.

Fuck the scenes, the CIS is the greatest thing Lucas ever thought up

>to show that the jedi were too weak to face such a threat but too dangerous to be kept around.?
The Jedi did manage to defeat it though mate, so that line of reasoning is a bit fucked.

I agree with the rest of what you said

blowing up alderean was like the only evil thing the empire did

>Courescant
>War torn
Literally was only war torn because of the war he started

Alderaan was literally a monarchy

Fuck you, George sold it to them to give the finger to all the neck beard shits who wouldn't stop shitting on him no matter how good he made stuff or muh jar jar!
You niggers got what you deserved

An elective monarchy

>he was building the empire to resist the eventual invasion of the Vong that only he could for see
Stop talking out your ass
Only Revan ever saw the incoming war, it's literally why he didn't hurt any manufacturing worlds during his campaign

Both.

Yes.

The clones are the real heros.

Opposite
We're cloned off the template of a shitty 1/3 mudblooded mandalorian
Should have dug up Canderous or Montross' corpse and used that
That Maori faggot was literally a diversity hire

You do realize revan and the old republic took place 5000 years before the empire right

He's the one that orchestrated the attack on Naboo, his home planet, too. And murdered all of his allies.

>Palpatine became the ruler of a Republic that had its own currency broken, had a religious council that kid napped children from their families and raised them in a life they never wanted, and could not stop Crime Lords from enslaving entire planets

>Palpatine saw the future and saw the coming of the Yuuzhan Vong

>The Republic attempts to destroy the C.I.S which is largely the same philosophy that the Republic was created to follow. Minimal interference, and just perpetuating trade laws, Galactic Basic, and common currency.

>Palpatine destroys both, and creates the Empire

>Empire brings peace and unity, millions of world at peace. All of them basically capable of governing themselves, some even having their own monarchs. (Vader owned a few)

>He builds a mega weapon to stop the Yuuzhan Vong, because fighting rebels with a planet killer is retarded, like fighting Al-Qaeda in the U.S with Nukes.

>Destroys a rebel world to set an example

>Trilogy ensues

>the Yuuzhan Vong invade at last

>eat more than half the fucking galaxy and genocide millions of species

>Will try it again on the remaining half and then move on to the next galaxy eventually

They didn't just fuck up the Empire, Not just Half the Galaxy, the rebels fucked up SEVERAL TRILLIONS OF LIVES IN THE FUTURE, BECAUSE THE Yuuzhan Vong CAN NO LONGER BE STOPPED. GALAXIES WILL BURN, BECAUSE SOME FUCKING TEENAGERS WANTED SOME JAIL BAIT ASS AND FOLLOWED A DESERT MAN'S IDEOLOGY.

May the Emperor return, and light the path back to glory.

You're aware Palpatine was the guy funding the trade federation, yes?

4k you daft cunt
And that's exactly what happened, Canderous even found a Vong scout out in the outer rim.
Then they fucked it all up completely by making that shitty Bioshit MMO pretending that he saw the sith empire return

you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman

Unfuckingbelievable that ((Disney)) threw that out of the canon so they could have a 6/10 Mary Sue and a dindu fighting the Empire 2.0

first death star was a false flag to increase military budget for the second death star. the second death star explosion was the space jews

>Palpatine saw the future and saw the coming of the Yuuzhan Vong
Stop making shit up, that never happened and you fags use it to justify your entire argument
Nigger burned entire planets that wouldn't submit regardless of their strategic use

He didn't find it, just bring together the right people to start it
Only person who got close to helping fund it that wasn't directly a representative of it was Dooku cuz the guy's family was one of the richest in the Galaxy
They are literally called the Trade Federation ffs
Look up the leaders of each and what they exported and specialized in prior to the war, hell I even think they put forth a list of grievances before they decided to go to war

gotta admit, i didnt care for rogue one, but that scene was solid. genuine drama, i felt for the characters and the outcome mattered to me. very solid writing

>What are the Sith extension books

Are you retarded?

Why would he build the massive fucking laser? To blow up his own territory? EVERYTHING belonged to him. "Galactic EMPIRE" MEANS GALACTIC EMPIRE.

Was it mining? No.

Was it to put down rebellion? No.

You think the guy who's specific skill in the force isn't Midichlorine manipulation like his master, or some Biokinesis of his master before him, but rather foresight into the future, MIGHT have built the massive fucking planet killer to destroy an enemy in the future?

None of that ever happened. Welcome to the retcon bitch boy

In the novel Plagueis, Darth Plagueis has Sidious approach Newt Gunray (the first being to see the Sith in many many years). Sidious gifts Gunray a rare (albeit cloned) spotted version of a bird native to Gunray's homeworld, making Gunray the envy of his peers. Sidious basically says something along the lines of "work for the Sith and I can make your desires come true."

He also implies that he "knows where the bodies are buried," so to speak. Meaning he's aware of most of Gunray's unethical/illicit activities (many of which Sidious was responsible for anyway). So it's a mixture of bribery and blackmail.

Fake news. The trade federation, the techno union, and the banking clans, were not funded by Palpatine.

The investigation into Shev proved it.

>Why would he build the massive fucking laser?
Tarkin literally states that it exists to keep the other planets in line, the moment he took control of the Senate directly they continued to fight a civil war except instead of the CIS it was planets not wanting to be part of a totalitarian government white no real say in anything
As badass as he was Palpatine was a shit ruler

>born
>start training for the republic
>you are given a number not a name
>implanted with ID chip and Order 66 mind chip to force you to kill Jedi
>18 years later
>charge into battle with your brothers
>watch as they all die to droids
>Die for the Republic

They are essentially Spartans that are born into slavery.

Like I said, he brought the right people together
Look up their list of grievances and demands I'm pretty sure at least that survived the wookiepedia purge

>He thinks palpatine was a shit ruler
>Ignoring the literal stupidity of soy wars
>Mon Mothma's first act as Chancellor of the New Republic was to sign a peace treaty leaving the Empire in control of a third of the galaxy, then cut the military by 90% and refocus the Republic's priority on internal trade and cooperation
>when Leia Organa objected, she was outed as Darth Vader's daughter and ostracized as a warmonger, that's why the entire "Resistance" is a handful of shitty X-wings she bought with her own money and why the Empire was able to build a new fleet, army and Super Death Star without the Republic that defeated them noticing or caring until after they were all dead
That's canon and supported by everything that happens onscreen in Episode VII, enjoy it

And they're still 1/5 as good as they would have been had Canderous or Montross been used as a template instead.
You also left out the part where they rapidly age and don't last more than 25 years

I literally don't care, Mark "vote for Hillary cuz Trump is le evil mad man" Hammil drank fresh milk from a four tittied ayt lamo in something that was allowed to leave the editing room and shown around the world
I haven't cared about fagwars since after TFU

Im not arguing about templates, im saying their life was brutal and they were honorable soldiers.

I didn't know they lasted 25 years.

He said as he argued and got BTFO'd

>Palpatine would let everyone know what is going to happen

>not knowing compartmentalization

nigger please.

Also, that massive military that Palpatine had, was useless for greater purposes to.

Having a big standing military = bad idea, as the Romans found out.

Emperor did nothing wrong.

Though really its mandalorians>sith>jedi