Am I the only one who hates that he's fighting again? + DB Super General

Seriously, The reason why him abandoning fighting to be a scholar works is that it drops him from the fighting roster in a way that isn't just being left in the dust. He's got his dream job and a loving family and can kick enough ass to get by (minus arc villains obviously). It was by far the best choice his character has made.

But noooooo, Gohanfags had to bitch and moan that their idol wasn't the combat beast he used to be and now here we are. You got what you wanted guys, next week is going to be the first of many Jobbings as he tries and fails to keep up with Goku.

It's gonna be Piccolo all over again, swear to god...

Stop typing like a retard.

After his horiffic childhood (ages 4-9 specifically), I want him to just spend the rest of his life relaxing and doing whatever the hell he wants.

bump

Did you not watch the episode? He literally is fighting only to protect the great life and family he has, this is for Videl and Pan. Thanks to Goku's dense stupidity and Zeno's innocence Gohan has to step in and help the team or else there goes the life and family he made for himself. Please think before you speak you faggot.

Use the catalog retard

I feel like Goku's battle boner is driving them into a situation where he's going to get on Gohan's case for not being that strong anymore, and Gohan is going to need to get through to him that fighting isn't the only important thing in life.

>Goku forces his son to fight for his life again, because he made some stupid mistake

What the fuck is his problem?

Goku and Gohan's relationship has always been a family friendly version of Evangelion

>get in the damn tournament

I liked him best as Adult/Mystic Gohan. He had the smarts, he had his strength. Balancing the life of a Scholar and a Fighter wouldn't have been that difficult, hell he's kind of doing it now.

He's a full-time Scholar and husband, but if he just sets aside some time to keep up with his training he wouldn't have been so embarrassing that he forgets how to do something as basic as go Super Saiyan.

Don't need him to be some kind of battle god, I would have been happy with him keeping fighting as a secondary interest to his own life.

>General

Who cares when Tien and Roshi can be relevant again?

>he wouldn't have been so embarrassing that he forgets how to do something as basic as go Super Saiyan.
He didn't forget though? He did it straight away when he needed to, he just said that because it had been like 5 years since he actually did it.

After the life he had he had to realize Earth was always to be in danger because autistic fags with too much free time want to destroy it, he had to realize if he is too weak the whole Android 16 dies because I was too afraid to kill this green monster and Earth getting destroyed AGAIN because he failed to kill a pink gum monster.
So no, I don't pity Gohan, Gohan is supposed to be smart, yet he never uses his brain to put two and two together.

If nothing else you've got to hand it to Toriyama for making Gohan his own character and not just doing exactly what happened later with Goten.

I like to imagine Gohan became the great Sayiaman for the same reasons that abused children can acquire specific fetishes that can correlate with the traumatic experience

True.
Gohan is an insufferable character and his fans are even worse.
His character is shit and I can only hope we can get rid of him after he jobs again.

It's the midlife crisis arc

Generals are cancer and you know it, if we stop directing to them they'll die. Letting generals live is the worst decision made since /new/

His entire arc in DBZ was learning to put his pacifism aside and to use his power responsibly for the benefit of his loved ones and his world.

It's pathetic that super scrapped that, it's also pathetic that they're having him do the same loop again after they scrapped it.

He didn't forget, but he did become so weak that he wasn't sure if he had enough power to transform. And it turns out he just barely did.

If you actually have to ask this question then you clearly don't understand anything about Gohan as a character, whoch is pretty sad be ause Dragon Ball has some of the most simple and easy to ubderstand characters and develpment in anime. It's literally a childrens show and you can't figure out the characters. Are you retarded?

This honestly. And considering how all Universes are at stake this time, him not participating would not only be counter intuitive to his character development in Super that's meant to make him realize that no matter what he can't escape from fighting, and it's his duty as a half saiyan with massive potential to fight.

I don't dislike Gohan, I just dread his appearances because he has become a jobber like everyone else. There was a time when he was hinted to have even surpassed Goku, but that was quickly ignored and instead of becoming a character who's dual scholar/warrior nature provided a new perspective, he like many others before and since was relegated to the ghetto of one-note characters who's reason for existing was to job..

>he wouldn't have been so embarrassing that he forgets how to do something as basic as go Super Saiyan.
He won't forget how to go SSJ. It would be the equivalent of forgetting how to fly or mold ki.

The problem was the he forget where his fucking gi was. He also apparently forgot that Piccolo could make a fucking gi.

The true failure of Gohan is that he's a horribly out of shape twink and actually NEEDED to go SSj1. His real Mystic form would have allowed him to power up to beyond SSJ3 levels without transforming at all.

If Gohan would just do his job as a warrior, despite wanting the simple life of a scholar, he'd be a cool tragic character that people could get behind.
Instead he thinks he can hide behind his Dad's strength and acts like a cuck. Hopefully he's been portrayed this way so he can finally redeem himself in this arc.

Well, he could. Until it became apparent that the strongest man on the planet was actually a danger to it. And apparently no one can rely on Vegeta ever.

It worked out for a while but there was no way he could've known Goku would be able to beat every threat that came to Earth.
Not keeping up his training was just irresponsible and almost got him and the rest of the planet killed very recently.