Question

Are Indians thought of as the token kooky friend? They seem to come up often in TV shows, such as:
-That 70s Show
-Parks and Rec
-Big Bang Theory
-Simpsons

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-do-Indians-think-of-Apu-from-the-Simpsons
mobile.twitter.com/Rajsujan1
youtube.com/watch?v=kJa2kwoZ2a4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes they are typically the comedic side character.

Indians are the best minorities.

Ayy bois we are funny. Peace.

its true

it's not too common to see an Indian with "leading man" looks. they just tend to be rather small and a little bit on the infantile side, and that's what type of parts you're going to get if you look like that in Hollywood.

> List 4 comedy shows.
> Identify only the Indian actors as being comedic.

Ben Kingsley is fucking Indian and he has played hundreds of varied roles in his career - even as a lead.

Apu is very deep and sexual character

Indians are generally reduced to stereotypes and there hasn't been an independent, stereotype-free Indian character in any show before Master of None. We make up 1% of the population and most of that is concentrated in New York, New Jersey, and Cali so that's unlikely to be changing drastically anytime soon. I'm Indian and grew up having my teachers tell me I look like the Indian guy from The Big Bang Theory, just something I had to get used to.

>Ben Kingsley
Ya but he looks like Ghandi so it's hard not to take him seriously. Also he is light-skinned

I know some cool Indians. I know one who was a dick but he was Muslim. Also know a few Indian girls I would bang.

Yeah Indians are reduced to being retarded stereotype despite being a model minority generally speaking. They have the highest median income out of all ethic groups in the US and make up 13% of top universities despite being less than 1% of the population and around 70% of them hold college degrees.

Yeah, shows and real life. I had an Indian friend named job and his English was very broken. Still managed to be funny tho.

This, Indians are an asset to the US. They look down on other Indians back home and like being in America, too. And they have the best ethnic food.

They are known as poos in loos

are Indians even good for the country or any country?
name one good thing they did for the west, or for that matter their own country

You guys hear about that poo in loo who started a crusade against apu from simpsons ?

Cringe worthy
Apu is educated and knows a lot of things

Dev Patel just reduces himself to a more obscure stereotype. Nothing about his character is free of stereotypes, he just pokes fun at stereotypes throughout the entire show while being one himself.

I love how he says "Please come again"

who else is reading this thread with an indian voice in their head?

If you like eating poo.

Indians are such a spoiled bunch
They could ended up a giant pink lipped monkey or buck tooth yellow goblin as their first major cartoon representation
but they ended up with a character as beloved as Apu and consider that bad

Whatcha talkin 'bout?
quora.com/What-do-Indians-think-of-Apu-from-the-Simpsons

indians are thought of as displacing a large number of white collar workers. period.

Hollywood isn't about being "fair." it's all about looks. half the time the "ugly" people in movies and tv shows aren't even ugly.

that's part of the reason blacks get representation in films while (non-spaniard) mexicans and indians get bupkus. if you can get past their resemblance to simians, blacks often times are well-built and well-proportioned--so they film well. squatty mestizos and puny indians need not apply; they'll just look pure untermensch next to all the other actors.

If you enjoy living in literal shit.

He's half white and looks 100% white

Indians are the closest non white relative whites have. We even have Aryan blood in us. Indians are truly your greatest ally.

well mixed indian children are white. Indians have the lightskinned mutation just like europeans.

It's a psyop. I call it "the best friend you never had" psyop because it impressions upon the viewer than every one has a special Arabic friend.

No one has Arabic friends except Arabs.

There are only like a billion Indians (dot not feather) and like 5 billion whites. I think y'all will manage but there are only 13mil blacks so we have to compensate by fucking yall women with our bbc's. Pro tip white girls love our bbc

This

This is an american view as you dont have many of them. Here they are seen as dirty, rapey, tax dodging dairy owners.

Those are dravidians. they are genetically the same as abos.

Another thing, Indians are redpilled as fuck. We were part of the waffen ss and had our own fascist leader that is still loved to this day.

Its just the stereotype doesnt mean its always right.

rape in india and pakistan is real, and some of us (especially dravidians) do get really rapey. The only solution is the final solution when it comes to rapists.

A bunch of them at work fucking can't pronounce months in full. They say, I'll start working on that in mid "Jan" to early "Feb". Drives me insane.

When Poos have learnt to take the bantz on Sup Forums and calling them poos is no longer enough to throw them off the board. Fuck!

*wobbles in agreement*

What ever you say you mongrel.

those sunglasses complete that tweet. also death threats for a train conductor? india will never be a superpower.

>not getting the joke
mobile.twitter.com/Rajsujan1

They have white personalities but dark skin.

Also Aziz is the fucking man, I'd play COD and get high as fuck with him any day.

Get back to wherever you came from.
Nobody in Sup Forums will get tired of DESIGNATED jokes!

Aziz is like if AIDS came to life as a human

Aziz sucks ass. I've heard a wooden plank spit better jokes than him.

But as a general rule, we poos are funny. Fuck it, if we left Sup Forums, who would you laugh at?

Smart Indians also love Hitler and know that the Fuhrer died for all of us. I'm Indian and if the race war happens I will help whites secure their race and a future for white children!

>who would you laugh at
>at
operative word here. you guys are fucking funny to laugh at.
youtube.com/watch?v=kJa2kwoZ2a4

There are two types.
>Gross Brown dude
>Sense of humor+proper etiquette
All of the clubs in my home city are flooded with gross brown dudes forcing themselves on women.
Everywhere else they're the most down to earth race I've ever encountered. Only rivaled by straight out of Nigeria respectful black men. I have examples of both in my personal life who are funny as fuck.

Its a weird dynamic. It's also why I can't consider myself a racist. Every-time I meet a bad one, another one blows me out of the water with respectfulness and professionalism.

>especially dravidians
bro fuck off south india is the least rapey most developed region of india.