Should judges and/or juries who commit someone to death be made to watch the execution?

should judges and/or juries who commit someone to death be made to watch the execution?

Maybe. But I always figured the plantif(s) if there are any should be the ones to trigger the execution so that they have the opportunity to forgive up until the last moment. Otherwise they should not have sought to have a person killed in the first place.

Less clear what to do when the state is pressing charges.

I’d pay to watch the execution of pedo

No
They're forced to be jurors. Often they're left with PTSD as result
Why should they be punished further via witnessing the execution?
It's the criminal who committed the crime, not jurors, not victims

They should be made to look them in they eye as they die. When they killed people by firing squad the reason they blindfolded them wasn't so they couldn't see who was shooting them, it was to dehumanize them to the firing squad.

this is a reddit type thread.

most of pol agrees that the death penalty needs to be increased by 10,000% and most would watch executions for fun.

This isn't a pro or anti execution thread. He's asking if the jurors and judges should be forced to witness the result of their choices.

Firing squad is unironically the most humane way to execute someone though.

Sadists would probably be just fine with this

The state always presses charges, you don't sue to have someone killed

No it adds emotion in to the decision process

I genuinely think executions should either be televised or not happen at all. If the public decides to collectively kill someone I'm ok with that but it should be done in the open. Allowing executions to be held in private allows the public to avoid forming an intelligent opinion on the matter. It's too easy to say "yeah fry 'em all" without ever having to witness it. I think judges may already have to witness executions sentences that they personally issued.

The convict that the comic is referring to, Charles Dean Hood, admitted to murdering a man and his wife. He murdered them in their home while he was a guest there. He was caught with a forged check from the victim as well as jewelry and a car that belonged to them. He claimed he had permission from them to have all of that stuff and dindu nuffin. A nice couple showed him kindness and he murdered them for a checkbook and a credit card, a few shiny trinkets, and a POS car. These retards implying he was convicted because the prosecutor was fucking the judge are ignoring what a meganigger this guy was.

This would be my preferred method. I'd do it real classy too, with a last cigarette given to me by the squad leader and a strong "LET'S GO BOYS" as my last words.

I've always thought a guillotine but with a giant boulder that crushes the head instantly would be the most instant death.

That comic is retarded,
The implication of that comic is the judge did the guy in because the prosecutor was his or her's lover. But the judge didn't make the decision for conviction, the jury did.
While I agree that the Judge should have recused themselves, it doesn't mean that the jury was biased or unable to make a sound judgement, the guy was convicted of murder by a jury of his peers, just because he didn't like the result doesn't mean he gets to weasel out of the results

>They're forced to be jurors.
fair point

At least in the US, their only job is to decide guilty or not guilty anyway. While they can recommend a sentence, they don't get to decide what the sentence will be in case of conviction. At best if they think the potential punishment doesn't fit the crime then they can decide not guilty.

I just grabbed the image from google quickly

Well one could argue it's an emotional sentence based on a fact based decision

Bring back public stocks where the community can vent their anger on the criminal. If they die, they die; but no weapons.

Degenerates, violent criminals, pedophiles, rapists, murderers, and drug dealers. (also I'm probably failing to mention a few)

We take them and have independent research organizations use them as lab mice. No reason not to.

Stop spending money on injections and just use a rope ffs

NK style public executions, and no mercy once convicted.

Harvest their functioning organs and sell to people in need

>most of pol agrees
come on now

I would take guillotine over firing squad, the damn thing was designed to be humane as nasty as it looks.

That said I would take firing squad over hanging (too easy to fuck up), electric chair, lethal injection or pretty much anything else.

and I would pay extra for more bullets

did you not see ISIS drop that huge rock on that prisoner's head? that was not a fast way to die bro

Sauce?

They should be made to perform it.

Ted Rall is crazy degenerate.

Just on a practical level, I don't think it's a good idea. With the appellate process, it's often years between conviction and eventual execution. Just digging up the jury and possibly even the judge (by the way, how are you slicing the accountability of any appellate level judges involved?) 5-10 years after the fact might not be easy.

Absolute yes

Hanging is instant too.

The way they show it in the movies is wrong usually.

The knit goes on the side of the neck and the drop is usually a good 4-6 feet. Enough to get some momentum going and completely separate the spinal chord.

It should be broadcasted 24/7 on a basic cable channel.

user, don't be stupid. Trials are often won or lost long before they go to the jury. The judge decides what evidence of a long pool of things gathered will be admissible for the jury to see. If you're selective and/or corrupt enough to really rig the trial, which yes, a judge can do, the jury's going to come up with whatever result you want them to have.

Sure. It's satisfying

Pushing a button to turn on a lethal injection machine can't be that hard. Milgram experiments proved that.

in that experiment, they had an authority above them if judges had to push the button themselves it would be entirely different

It's surprisingly easy to get hangings wrong. Professional hangmen and hoods are needed to minimize the accidents. And then there's the death boner.

A lot of people who try to use it as a suicide method wind up in bad shape, sometimes for a protracted period of time.

Not enough drop and knot all wrong probably.

When it doubt add more line and fall space.

Even if it is 10-20 foot fall space who cares? Might rip your head clean off but it's sure to get the job done.

As a side note pic related is the preferred method

I don't think the goverment should put people to death. It's damn expensive anyways.

p. glad I live in the land of guns tbqh

I mean heck they use those bolt pistols for livestock. Why not for humans? I really don't get why executions these days are so complicated, expensive, accident-prone, and cruel.

You'd think when it's so common these days to knock people out one way or another for surgery you could even just do that and have somebody come in with a sledge hammer and bash the skull apart or put it in a hydraulic skull press or whatever.

Only because theu are allowed appeal after appeal after appeal.

If it were carried out right after sentencing with a .22 to the back of the head it would be about 2 cents.

we should live stream every death penalty.

Hahaha, neck snapping looks painless due to paralysis but its actually one of the worst ways to go.

A proper garrote chair is the most humane thing there is.

Haha, someone wrote about stocks as punishment in a book I am reading. Also went on about how the person's in the stocks were raped by drunks. Probably a worthy punishment

no, snowflakes will just let off more criminals so they don't have to watch.

I think the whole system is wrong. They should have to earn and produce for society or theydo not get fed. Death penalty for anyone over 10 years in prison. If they cant rehabilitate, why spend our money and effort.

But to this topic, no. The judges and jury should be divorced enough to separate all three powers. Executions should be a bullet through the temple and buried in the prison yard unmarked.

Will I get paid? Can I administer the drugs myself too? If not, can I pay to do so, if I think that person deserves death?

spbp

what kind of female logic is that?

I'd fucking enjoy it

burn, faggots, burn

Rope is cheap. You're a faggot.

Wouldn't ODing on morphine be the most humane way to go?

Might be construed as too kind, although it seems like an easy solution. Could just stuff a rag full of ether in the guy's face until he passes out and then shoot him or whatever.

I dont see why.

Some Judges are dealing with death penalty petitions on a weekly basis. Thats a ton of executions they have to watch.

I really like law and I have read a lot of commentary from Judges. My impression is that Judges are already pretty traumatized by what goes on in court rooms as it is. The trauma comes from a mix of having to deal with horrible criminals all the time and also knowing the extreme suffering they are complicit in inflicting on them.