Should politicians or generals select key military equipment?

Reuters reported on 11 December that the MoD’s stated position is that additional Typhoons should replace the Tornados from 2025, with the Boeing F-15 Eagle and F/A-18E/F Super Hornet being the preferred alternatives.

The declaration, which was reportedly made in a letter to a German lawmaker, is in direct contradiction to views expressed by the chief of the Luftwaffe, Lieutenant General Karl Muellner, who in early November said it is his preference that the F-35 be the replacement platform.

“The indicated view of the [chief] of the air force that the F-35 Lightning II is an especially suitable successor to the Tornado system is not the position of the federal government,” Deputy Defence Minister Ralf Brauksiepe was quoted by Reuters as saying in the letter.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5B6AjKrKHQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

War happens when politics fail

>War is simply a continuation of policy

Depends, would the Eurofighter or the F35 look better as a red triplane?

>buy American made
>buy European made
hmmmm... I don't care what some military faggot says. If there is a German/European made product we should obviously choose that over a foreign one. I wonder who's paying that guy off.

Well, from a purely technical standpoint it's of course the Lieutenant who should decide what they need.
But I'm sure there is a lot of politicking involved in that decision. Who knows what kind of considerations went into that decision.
It's always about jobs and know-how in the defense industry.

>politics are war with less destructive methods.

The Typhoon would.

And still generals know more about equipment

War does not necessarily happen

>he thinks there's a difference between politicians and generals
wew lad

>If there is a German/European made product we should obviously choose that over a foreign one.

So our chancellor should drive a Volkswagen instead of a Ford?

Yes and she does (Audi).

But thatks bs, Fords are safer and did not cheat on diesel standards.

>hmmmm... I don't care what some military faggot says. If there is a German/European made product we should obviously choose that over a foreign one. I wonder who's paying that guy off.

F-35 more capable aircraft than Eurofighter when it comes to doing air strikes. That military faggot might be one of rare competent staff officers in Bundeswehr that hasn't sold their souls to politicians.

Ford has production plants in Germany.

>Ford has production plants in Germany
Using American developed and produced parts.

One thing is clueless male politicians, another is arrogant affirmative action vaginal jews pretending they know anything about combat.

Her car is not a Diesel. And if really bothers you that much there are still many other German auto makers. The government, and the people for that matter, should always support local production if feasible unless there are political reasons to buy foreign products.

The only thing politicians should be dictating is the budget.

>Using American developed and produced parts.
That is obviously why almost all American Fords small engines suck. All good smaller cars made by Ford have been designed either in Germany or UK. There is a reason why quality of Fords in Europe has gone down recently. They are closing plants in UK and Germany and shifting production to Turkey.

If there is one thing Germans can do it is engineering and manufacturing. So if the Typhoon is not as good as the F-35 it is on Eurofighter to make it as good. We shouldn't immediatly buy foreign products or we will never catch up.

Finland also going Super Hornets, in 2025 iirc.

FYI, one of the most important things to consider when upgrading air-force equipment, is the availability/price of spare parts.

No matter how great the fighter is, if you cant get enough parts for it, its useless.

Typhoon is fundamentally different generation aircraft. There is no way to make it carry its munitions internally or to reduce it's radar cross section aside from minor tweaks. Germany and France will developing next generation fighter, but it won't be available for couple decades.

youtube.com/watch?v=5B6AjKrKHQ8

Funny way to spell F-35. If there isn't budget for F-35, it will either SuperBug or Gripen. I'll doubt chances of Eurofighter and Rafale in HX program. Only chance Finland will choose either of those is if manufacturer will be making nearly no profit deal, they are included mostly due to their potential to drive down costs of competitors. Also Finland didn't make RFI for Eurofighter to Eurofighter Jagdflugzeug GmbH, but to BAE-systems. They at least have history of being reliable partner in defense programs unlike Airbus.

>if you cant get enough parts for it, its useless.
AYY LMAO.

>implying they make the decisions
>implying the only army they command isn't one of advisors who actually know what they're talking about
>implying they aren't just a mascot for feminism and inclusiveness

Doesn’t matter, the Caliphate of Germanistan won’t need them. Plenty of money for mosques and public ass washing stations.

>american "cars"

kys

we should use only european stuff, fuck the commie americans

F U N N Y

Stealth multi role fighters are for bombing militarily capable nations. If Germany has no plan to do that it doesn't need the f35.

>Eurofighters

kek, it is so shit not even European countries want it. I bet even Japanese can build a better fighter jet than European

Russian minister of defense isn't soldier, his background before becoming MoD was civil engineering and management positions for rescue services. Basically the guy who happened to be minor communist party functionary, small enough fish to have bureaucratic or political future when SU collapsed.

>kek, it is so shit not even European countries want it. I bet even Japanese can build a better fighter jet than European
Absolutely. They managed to make F-16 three or four times as expensive as original was for minor performance gains.

Europe has given away all chances to compete technically with modern American and Russian weapon systems, besides ammunition. This is the direct result of leftists systematically destroying all arms industries or creating inefficient nation-spanning conglomerates who happily delay projects, indefinitely, deliver shit and sink billions of Euro. We have no choice other than buying the F 35 or our military will become less potent than some middle eastern or north African countries. Well who is surprised about that..

Can someone explain why there have been so many of these stupid fucking threads over the years

I see this pic spamposted all the time. It's misleading. The Wikileaks link even proves it, the ambassador's office just generically said Estonia had to follow standards and protocols established by the ECRI, the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance.

>(SBU) On Feb 21, the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) report on Estonia made a number of recommendations to improve the atmosphere for tolerance. The report has been criticized in some quarters for having been poorly sourced and based on incomplete information. However, ECRI made a number of recommendations and observations with which we agre

They're basically echoing that, and it's not like the fucking Ambassador's Office has any power to "brainwash" Estonians anyway.

Why do you need fighters designed for aggression? The EU has eastern Europe to develop before thinking about going further abroad. All Europe needs is the nuclear stalemate and a military that would make Russian "volunteers" think twice before crossing a border. The US needs f35s for its wars of aggression. We don't.

I say let the politicians decide, they tend to be retarded when it comes to military matters, and whatever hurts ZOG is a good thing.

>Why do you need fighters designed for aggression?
You can't win a war by defending. You are less likely to deter your enemies by employing a defensive doctrine. Tactically you will have to attack even when on the defensive.

Literally pointless in the nuclear age. Advanced fighters are for bullying developing nations. Since the EU has eastern Europe through peace and trade, we don't need to bully developing nations. Leave it to the US.

Also euro fighters, radar stations and ground to air missiles will out perform f35s unless the EU decides to do bombing runs in the US or Russia. Which is suicide on both counts. What exactly do we need stealth fighters for? Who is the enemy. China? India? Iran? None of this is in Europe's interest. We have 100's of millions of eastern euros already. Developing there is our long term plan.

Says island country that has outsourced it's defense to UK.

How would Germany even be able to potentially deliver nukes once it has only Eurofighters in its arsenal? They can't carry nukes. How do you have nuclear deterrence when you can't do incursions into hostile land? As far as I know Europe doesn't have multi-warhead missile launch platforms.

We beat the UK in our last war.

France and UK. NATO.

The rafale can carry nukes and the french have several older nuke compliant bombers and launcher subs, same goes for the UK, but Brexit happened.

Brexit is going to be so soft you could sell it as ads wipe. Europe will still have access to British nukes for defense.

Less than 2000 deaths isn't a real war.

That must be why you have a United Ireland
Oh wait

So when is Germany going to start engineering planes?

Nice goal posts you have there. They VOTED to stay on British gibes after you lost the armed conflict.

Didnt you surrender to Russia?

These are all under the premise that all our nations are going to be staying chummy chumps for all eternity. NATO is a toxic alliance that will implode at some point with members like Turkey who are leveraging their geostrategic position against members or even the entire alliance itself. What you say is all correct in the current years, but I am thinking ahead when more civil unrest will hit all of our countries with muslims and niggers rampaging Europe(once they hit 30-50%). Who knows how all of our countries will stand to each other then.

If you are thinking decades ahead to when we have no allies shouldn't we be using our own fighter jets? You know the US will just turn off the f35s in the first conflict they are used that they don't support. Back doors.

You won.

The spyware is free though.

Make a sexy nazi jet. I'll buy that. Fuck the yanks. They hate us.

The software updates to stop the wanna cry virus has made all the old computers in work completely useless. Now we need new computers and new copies of windows.

What a coincidence.

I'm American, and even I only drive Japanese cars for their better safety, reliability and lower cost

We killed enough commies make 'em settle for less than occupying entire country.

>If you are thinking decades ahead to when we have no allies shouldn't we be using our own fighter jets?
Ireland doesn't have real military when it comes to security, you are the freeloader of Europe. Ireland has outsourced it's air defense to RAF.

Nah, we don't hate you. Unless you're French, then its by treaty 50% of the time. It would be tantamount to Declaration of War to 'turn them off'. As far as the spyware, some people were pissed it was sending some data for diagnostic purposes unannounced. Understandable both why the US would do that, and why people were low key pissed they weren't told. Germany is'nt a child, they need big boy toys.

Why would Ireland waste money on fighter jets? We contribute militarily with ground forces and navy. Also Finland I'd a military nothing also. We won our fight got survival. Let's see what the next threat is. Won't be our neighbors.

So they came up with an excuse, that's great.
Estonia is not special 80% of all degeneracy projects in eastern Europe come from US embassies.
Would be nice if you kike slaves would just fuck off.

>referencing all these memes and pokemon on your banner
This is the right wing equivalent to leftists comparing the real world to their children books like Harry Potter.

The problem is that you could, not necessarily that you would.

I'm sure if that's a serious concern, and maybe it is, it would easily be fixed to everyones satisfaction for the US to make a few sheckels on military deals. Do you have any sauce on that specific concern from foreign military brass? I will look to see more, but I've seen nothing in my jewgle searches so far.

>We contribute militarily with ground forces and navy.
It isn't navy. It is coast guard at best. When heaviest armament on it's ships are 57mm or 76mm dual purpose guns.

>Also Finland I'd a military nothing also.
We have 62 fighters, couple hundred tanks, several hundred artillery pieces and mobilized strength about 30 times larger than Irish """""Defense""""" Forces.

It's almost like you border a militarily aggressive country

Lol no. The only thing we could "turn off" is your access to our Europe based ground radar systems and flow of spare parts.
>we
Speak for yourself, I despise the Irish.