Why is it that a monkey girl is the absolute best waifu material ever...

Why is it that a monkey girl is the absolute best waifu material ever?! And why is Subaru too much of a fucking cuck to understand this!

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/996383/ff79559458/
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>reminder that she once brutally murdered him

Because he's incompetent and doesn't deserve her. Once he develops and becomes worthy of her they'll get together.

Yeah, but she did it because he smelled like the witch, just like the cult members that murdered her family, town, and mutilated her sister. So it's understandable that she'd want to kill him first before he did anything bad. Also, he forgave her, and later she literally sacrificed herself to save him.

Because Subaru is under the influence of a spell I believe.

Redemption is a thing especially if you have a brain and can comprehend why someone does something. She also died more often for him and because of him than she killed him.

Because she's a boring bland character with no flaws and subaru realized that

>No flaws
>Killing the main character because jumping to conclusions isn't a flaw
>Is almost as sharp tongued as her sister.
>Has no problem forcing Subaru to do something if he isn't compliant
Yep, she has no personality whatsoever. totally bland.

Saying that she's flawless is the same as saying that Subaru is flawless. She's his female, less incompetent counterpart.

Can someone post those mango scans of Rem taking a nap with Subaru. I can't find it in any of the available mangos.

She's rash, obsessive, emotionally unstable, neurotic, manipulative, and kind of mean. She's "joked" about the possibility of killing people, who were in earshot, on at least two occasions.
The one from a doujin? Or this one?

Not that it matters, since such a thing did happen in one of the Rem stories.

Horrible bait.

No, I mean the one where Emelia walks int, and Subaru is about to get up but Rem gives him the death glare and tells him to stay down. Not sure from where it's from.

exhentai.org/g/996383/ff79559458/

Oh, so it was a doujin. I thought it was a page from the manga that I didn't see.

That's from a doujin. It's kind of an exaggeration of her personality, but also only an exaggeration. She likes watching him sleep, and tests her willpower by seeing how long she can go before she has to pull herself away to resist her urge to molest him. Get her a little drunk, and that's the kind of thing she might do.

Mein dick

I wouldn't say she's bland or boring, but she's definitely waifu pandering of the highest degree. The type of girl that would love you no matter how worthless you are

That's not really describing things properly. Subaru already did things of worth, and Rem had high expectations for what he could achieve in the future.

Not a very good description of why Rem is great, or why she likes Subaru. I think the reason why she began to like him is because she saw his conviction and his kindness. In the manga you even see her thoughts, knowing he's not as strong as a her but awed that he's willing to put his life on the line to try and save those kids in the woods. Plus, he nearly gets killed pushing her out of the way of those dogs.

Think of it this way. The reason why people think Rem is great is because she sacrifices her own life to save Subaru from the cult later on. Subaru basically did that for her, and also kind of her sister. Knowing that somebody cares that much about you and places that much faith in you can really change somebody's opinion.

She fell for Subaru because he wasn't worthless though. He saved her and then helped her out with her deep seeded complexes. If she dropped him when he was at his lowest then it wouldn't be love in first place. So you gotta prove yourself to get her to love you.

In her confession she literally explains why she loves him and what he did for her without even noticing. He's definitely not worthless in her opinion. Her expectation for him are very high.

Fair enough, maybe I read her character wrong. Her undying loyalty to Subaru felt a bit panderish to me. Maybe I only thought that because of how everyone lost their fucking minds over her though. I think I should really read the WN, because the anime could've done a much better job of portraying all those things.

Thread doesn't have enough cute.

Her love for Subaru is really specific. If he hadn't had that entire series of events, i don't think she would have fallen for him that hard.

So which is it. Is killing him a flaw or is it not?

>female: leg lock

It's weird. The goal was to earn Rem and Ram's trust enough so they wouldn't kill him later on. But he ended up making Rem fall in love with him. Was there no middle ground?

Rem's flaw is that she acts to fast based on her emotions at that time. She has very low self esteem so as long as she can protect the ones she cares about she'll do whatever it takes to protect them without thinking about the consequences or possible misunderstandings.

This are definitely flaws in her personality but she tries to better herself with Subaru's help.

Im here to help fampai

If it werent for some major roadblocks this would be a wonderful love story

So true
Backing you up!

This is actually really obviously considering how often she fruitlessly through her life away to save Subaru, even though he almost always dies in the end. A few time I wish Subaru would just pull her to the side and say something like, "Okay, I get you want to protect me, but for fuck's sake Rem, just stick by my side instead of jihading the enemy for once."

Not even a Remfag and the I love Emilia thing pissed me the fuck off. Ruined what might've been one of the best confession scenes I've ever seen

>cuck

He loves Rem too.
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/

She needs another speech from Subaru about how it's cool and all that she wants to protect him and her sister but she should value her own life more especially since there people who really care about her whether she believes it or not.

So you mean do a Satella on her

I know, but the I love Emilia moment still ruined what was a really heart warming scene.

>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]

>[Rem: Proposal accepted!]

>[Subaru: Heh?]

>Subaru let’s his voice out a moment after Rem responded in a frightfully quick and intellectual manner.

ahahaha trolled

Which sub does Sup Forums recommend, anyhow? Wish there was a damn batch up on nyaa already argh

Now that you mention it. Subaru has the same problem as Rem.

Fucking hypocrites. Telling each other to value life more but neither of them follows their own advice.

What do you mean he doesn't understand it? He put Emilia on the backburner for her and is currently trying to navigate a death trap in the most dangerous part of fantasy australia to save her.

I am aware of that, it's just that the whole From Zero back and forth is wonderful and cathartic and then the moment gets brutally murdered by that single line.

To be honest people would be less assblasted about this if they included the scenes they removed, but nooo

You mean saved. That's the only thing worth watching in that episode. It was just rem gushing about her fantasies for 20 minutes while Subaru just shuffled around awkwardly.

Subaru would have to say something to make the blueberry calm her tits down or she would freak the fuck out and feel guilty and agonized again as soon as she learns about the troubles everyone's gone through to save her life.

I think telling her about what they had to go through just to save her ass is a way to make her realise that they want her alive. That should be reason enough for her to try to survive the next time they're in danger.

Sure. They cut the op + ed and added extra minutes runtime only on this episode just to let us hear Rem's fantasies. Yup that must be it.

Fuck I hated almost every one of Re:Zero's characters.

I still wonder why they did that

This. She they typical mentality defectai waifubait which re popular nowadays see (Yanderes, Yangires and other demure, lonely but crazy stupid girls) who are perfect at domestic housework and loyal enough to kill themselves for you.

None of that new or unique and frankly half of that is just embellishment from desperate Remfaqs on here who don't want to admit it. Otaku in Japan couldn't give less of a shit out of that as long as she cute and waifuable the rest just adds to her charm for them not repulsion. You need have her be damage goods for that to happen otherwise it waifu for them.

Holy shit! Unrequited is one of oldest things shounen romance. Confessions don't mean you win shit. Why Re:Zero so new when comes to this? Maybe thy really are from Reddit.

At that moment I wanted to give Subaru a broken lip.

So instead of coming up with an actual argument you just dismiss everyhthing I said.

All the waifus in Re:Zero are mentally defective. However, her mental defects aren't her personality and aren't really overemphasized in most circumstances. Also, while some Remfags may embellish things, what you quoted isn't embellishment.

Whether her flaws add to her charm or not is besides the point. When people complain about a girl being too bland because she's too perfect, it's clear they believe flaws add to a character's charm. The narrative itself portrays her as often insensitive, worryingly obsessive and rash, and exhausting to deal with for one reason or another. Those are still flaws even if you dismiss them offhand.

As for being loyal enough to kill herself for Subaru? Lots of characters in this series are willing to risk their lives for the sake of others. Otto the merchant, and most of the villagers, would risk their lives for Subaru.

All in all, Rem has as much personality as any other character in the series.

Otto definitely wasn't. Remember he pushed Subaru to his presumed death.

That was before they were friends. In Arc 4, Otto puts his life on the line for Subaru plenty of times.

Isn't the first he meets Otto in the last timeline when Otto gets captured by accident?

Yes, in the final timeline Otto was captured by the Witch Cult. Otto goes on to become his new best friend and sets a new standard of absurdly loyal bromanship.

You're thinking of Julius. Enemy turned true bro.

Wait. Would that mean Subaru is husbando pandering? As he is the type of guy who will love you despite you killing him multiple times? Or how shitty of a person you are?

Subaru understands. That's why Rem is his girlfriend. They're both scummy idiots though.

Nah. Julius was always a true bro, but Otto is Subaru's best friend since Arc 4. That's after the anime.

>with no flaws and subaru realized that
Even if that was true, why wouldn't you want to be with a flawless person?

Because you'd end up with Emilia

She's dumb wafiubait, Glad she got cucked

>who are perfect at domestic housework
Speaking of which, when was the last time this got mentioned again? Seems to me that this side of Rem is used mostly as an amusement (or even insight into Rem's tragedy as she became a workaholic and worked relentlessly for over ten years to become her sister's replication) rather than something to sell her character and make her more appealing. Plus, Rem isn't the one that is perfect at household chores since her blond senpai is apparently even better at those stuffs than her.

Isn't she also not completely competent at cooking? As she takes lessons from isekai Gordon Ramsay?

>Rem started fangirling over Gordon Ramsay
>Subaru got jealous
>Started crossdressing as a girl to see if he really was "The “Lustful and Womanizing but Legendary Chef” Dias Lepunzo Elemanso Oplane Fatsbalm VI" to make sure he wasn't hitting on the mansion girls

The things boys do for love

She also takes lessons from Beatrice and Puck to use magic to wash clothes more efficiently too if I recall correctly.

Emilia isn't flawless though. Otherwise she would be able solve any issue, wouldn't bad at singing, cooking, cleaning and would always have the right answers to everything.

Her skills are generally mentioned in the context of overworking herself, or Subaru thinking everyone should show her some more gratitude. It also comes up when she tells Subaru that asking for his help would be pointless since he'd just get in the way.

I have only read until arc 4, but i think its time for subaru to wake up and pick one girl only, I can only see him ending up alone or killed by Ram if he keeps up trying to hold both Rem and Emilia at the same time.

How do you know what comes after the anime? Not even the manga goes beyond it.

There are translations of various chapters from the WN and LN. This also happens to be where most of what people are discussing of Rem's personality comes from, in case you were confused.

Its kinda funny since before From Zero, Subaru'd been trying to avoid falling in love with Rem at all costs. But the result is clearly not what he expected and now he becomes a scummy two-timer thanks to Rem.

You'll most likely see it in arc 7. If not, then you'll see Ram harping on him in doing so or even taking Rem away from Subaru to punish him.

I don't Ram is going to do anything. In fact I think most Remfags are making more out of her miasma induced episode than what was really there. She confronted in opposition to his position in any real way beyond that. She's been dealing with her own personal feelings and memories towards Rem herself.

I think you're exaggerating just a little. Though I agree with the idea that he was starting to have feelings for her, and was using his "ignore uncomfortable thoughts" skill to some degree. At least, I think that's implied here.
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
I don't think there was any conscious struggle there, but he does generally show a surprising fondness for her and general eagerness to impress and help her since pretty early on.

IF people think Rem is waifubait then what the fuck do they think of Emilia? Given the anime at least Rem had flaws and development,

Emilia is a walking plot device.

I don't know user, kicking Subaru out of the carriage and chapter 4 of arc 6 are telling signs. Then there is the time she pinned Subaru to a wall after losing Rem. There will be some degree of action if not banter or butting of heads between the two.

Well, she kicked him out of the dragon carriage for flirting with Emilia in Rem's presence, so she's probably going to at least be irritated if Subaru is insensitive about the whole matter.

There's a criminally low amount of Rem in this Rem thread.

Source?

She has that too though. In fact 90% of cast has that. Tappei really likes expanding his characters so this naturally and is lowest common denominator to judge the quality any character by in this series. Besides when call a character waifubait it's referring to the fact they have pretty stock character traits inspite of their development. And most otaku don't care if Rem's waifubait so this only really triggers so-called mature anons.

Then would apply to Subaru too. There no plot without either character. Besides a plot-device is something devoid of any character and often something the author uses once or twice to write himself out of corner. It's not a consistent recurring or planned element of a story.

Can you actually give a legitimate reason why Rem is waifu bait?

Re Zero? More like Zero originality and writing quality ahahaha.

That was a very funny joke user

Like I said, she is probably refered to as waifubait because she has common traits desired in a marriageable woman for most Otaku. Demure, near fanatical loyalty, good with housework, good with cooking, has little to no chance of dumping you for a better man. Has crazy side or somesort of mental issue that can be fetishized. Basically Rem is this series Sakura.

You see it's not as if Tappei intentionally set out to create a waifu type character, this simply how character is perceive because her archetype is old as fuck and while appealing Rem actually doesn't do much to break the mold.

But Emilia is also a waifubait, user. She's the typical princess archetype who meets the MC at episode one, for the sake of making the MC seem "special", much like Asseylum, Kudelia, Alisha, or Dhianeila.

>Near fanatical loyalty
I wouldn't really say that. Or, at least I'll say you can't say that about Rem without also applying that to Subaru. As for being good at cooking and house cleaning, well that's part of her job, and it's still a hell of a lot more than Emelia can do. What the fuck can Emelia even really do?

You still haven't answered my question. How the hell do you get info about what happens after the anime? I need to know!

From a Re:Zero general.

The only cuck in that relationship is rem