Prove to me that believing in óðinn is inferior than believing in (((God)))

Prove to me that believing in óðinn is inferior than believing in (((God)))

Protip: You Can't

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/list/show/3421.The_Best_Pagan_Books
heimskringla.no/wiki/Håvamål
godchecker.com/pantheon/germanic-mythology.php?deity=EOSTRE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ēostre
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Heil Wotan

If your god is real, why did he allowed his religion to end and be professed only by LARPers?
Is it because snowniggers where too weak and unworthy of him?

Heil Wotan

Odinn sleeps but one day he will arise and be ready for war.

>Why did Christianity lose 2/3rds of it's land and the modern culture war with Islam hmmmmm

odin is satan
op is a satan worshipping larper
fuck off

It is because the Jews are the chosen people, and Jewish God killed all other gods, Just like his people will kill all the gentiles!

As I have two Americans in the thread, would you prefer to

1. Worship Óðinn, speak Norse, and write with the younger Futhark
2. Worship Wotan, speak old English/Anglo-Saxon, and write with Anglo-Saxon Fuþorc?

Dafuq is wrong with all this pagan threads today?

I like Svarog.

Sue me.

1 definitely

Protip: I won't. Nice pic

not american but 1 ofc

Nah, because the kings of Norway wanted trade and alliances with the rest of Christian Europe and forced Christianity on the people. We killed like two kings who forced Christianity on us.

I will tell you off because pic is asymbal.

Svar- is present in the word svar-it which means to weld.

Odin was a Polish warlord

So where do you "pagans" get your knowledge of the gods and the spirits, and dont say your snownigger e-celebs book, actual literature please

Believing in any God as an existing being with magical powers who intervenes in earth affairs is just goofy. However, believing in a religion as a reproductive strategy or believing in gods as personified elements of reality is totally acceptable. Odin is attested in the Ynglinga saga as an ancient chief from what is now Ukraine who spread out and conquered, and populated the North. Odin is a personified remembrance of the particular wave of Proto-Indo-European migration (or perhaps Proto-Germanic) that formed Norse cultures.

God, similarly, is an attested psuedohistorical figured, as the name comes from Gaut, the ancestor chieftain of the Gothic and Geatic ethnicities. When you worship "God", you worship the ancient ancestor of Germanic peoples. God should not be worshipped through some foreign book (though its laws are effective) but rather he should be worshipped by honoring his memory and his legacy of the foundation of what is now the greatest civilization the world has ever seen.

But why? Your heritage is Anglo-saxon (I presume), and it's still the same gods.

The languages and runes are also intelligible.

Mythology of Germannic faith was preserved fully, the rest was to a large extent purged by the Jewlord.

The Sagas? There's hundreds of them.

Pan heathen unity. Your ancestors are purer than ours and the "original"

goodreads.com/list/show/3421.The_Best_Pagan_Books

But I enjoy Varg's work as well.

"Believing" in either one means your a gullible child, or a paranoid schizophrenic.

Following Christianity is superior because it provides a community for networking opportunities and other social benefits, rather than making you an edgy, ostracized aspie who can't grasp what the practical purposes of religion are.

If you live in a Christian country, be a Christian. If you live in a Muslim country, be a Muslim. If you live in a Buddhist country, be a Buddhist; ad infinitum. Anything else is retarded and counter productive.

Preserved fully where? Asking the original source of the material not the websites you read that quote it

>Why did Christianity lose 2/3rds of it's land
"""Orthodox""" are less Christian than protestants.
>modern culture war with Islam
It's been prophecised that this will happen shortly before the end of time.

>If you live in a Christian country, be a Christian.
There're only Christian countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. The west is multicultural, you bigot trash.

It is a niche belief that attracts weirdos so it does not provide the same quality of community as kike-worship. I understand the sentiment behind this whole pagan resurgence but sadly it has no real-world utility so it is basically a waste of time.

Americans are more familiar with the concept of Odin than the more bizarre archaic Wotan. As far as runes, the anglo-saxon futhark no longer describes well the English language. It would be preferable to me to use the Elder Futhark, preferably with an ancient secret language specifically for sons of the North, similar to how Hebrew has become the national language of international Judaism, and has served to obfuscate the working of Jews for so long.

Joel 3

9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:

10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.

12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.

13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Håvamål, the poetic edda, the volsung saga, etc.

heimskringla.no/wiki/Håvamål

WUZ I VIKING?

Here, a much better god.

How do we practice this religion then?

How is an almost dead religion possibly the one true Faith?

What texts do we have other than stories written down as if they are fairy tales?

Where is the central doctrine codified?

Serious question.

>"""Orthodox""" are less Christian than protestants.

Get ready for the (((alt-right))) flames to devour your flesh bro. They love the orthodox yet have no idea how into orthodox.

It's like liking the Patriots. You just wait for the fumble, intercept or the touchdown. everything else is flashy adds.

Forget all about that European culture and read about the tribes of Judah instead. No, seriously last time I cracked open the OT the first word I saw was "shekel", that was when I decided maybe there's a problem.

>"""Orthodox""" are less Christian than protestants.

No, Catholics broke away from Orthodoxy in the 11th century when the patriarch of Rome decided he wanted absolute power.

My god > your god

Obviously you can't write modern English with anglo-saxon runes, but it is even harder to write it with the younger Futhark.
I agree that we should have a universial liturgical language written in the elder Futhark, but the elder Futhark was not used with Norse nor Anglo-saxon. I still believe that it would be easier for Americans and the English to write with anglo-saxon runes.

KEK

This pretty much.

>the original source comes from the codex regia, from Icelandic christians
Kek

>I agree that we should have a universial liturgical language

Why not combine runes? It's not unheard of to produce certain words, but why not to produce certain sounds? Just because they did things one way doesn't mean it can't inspire us to do it a better way.

In a thousand years, it very well could be Muslims takeover the west and accept credit for "preserving" Biblical texts by virtue of not purging them.

The volvsung saga and Håvamål is core. The doctrine has to be decided by a group of learned men, with knowledge of history, language and theology. The king sagas and the poetic eddas is also important, but especially the king sagas need to be closely examined, as it contains Christian interpretation.

Yes and who's going to do that?

>could
>might
>maybe
Except christians are literate unlike the pagans who failed to preserve their own religion. Christianity is passed the point of being able to die

Whatever - so replace country with community.

You're totally missing my point: religion only matters to the extent of how it can make your life better.

Paganism is a fringe religion which lacks structure, has no influence, and has virtually zero congregations or communities outside of the internet. As such, it has nothing to offer me when compared to any of the major religions in the world.

> Combine runes.

That's some disgusting neo-pagan shit right there.

Norse Larpers would be blood eagled and/or buttfucked and put into slavery where they transported to the viking age.

Christianity
>faithful wives
>Stability
>public trust

Norse
>beheadings and sadistic torture rituals.
>the women are whores
>slavery
>raids

>Except christians are literate unlike the pagans who failed to preserve their own religion.
>"illiterate"
>had runes

Come one now. Look at the intro to books like Beowulf, where Christians "recorded" and Christianized Norse culture. It was their only reason to preserve those writings. It's the same reason why they stole Easter and Yule-they needed to win over people with a "death by a thousand cuts" strategy. And look around at the average prots and Catholics:Christianity is already dying.

you am still

He arose from death many more times than (((jewsus)))

>Catholics broke away from Orthodoxy in the 11th century when the patriarch of Rome decided he wanted absolute power.
No. Orthodox broke from Catholicism in XI century (although split began earlier), when Eastern Roman Emperor decided he wanted power over clergy.

Paganism is fresh cult. While Christianity goes down the drain similarly to how Roman Religion did, Neopaganism forms close-knit communities.

>stole easter
Thanks for joining us folks, you're just in time for another episode of historically illiterate neo pagan spouts nonsense he has no idea about

>my god can beat ur god up!!! Xddd
The absolute infantile state of varg and his polbabbies

Whoever is deemed qualified with the return of a Ásatru king?

YOU ARE

>Thanks for joining us folks, you're just in time for another episode of historically illiterate neo pagan spouts nonsense he has no idea about

godchecker.com/pantheon/germanic-mythology.php?deity=EOSTRE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ēostre

>prefers reading about jew tribes and their shekels
>claims to be authority on European history

is that why there are no christ larpers yelling deus vult in twitter right now? is that why people have keep abandoning cucktianity because of pedo and gay female priests, is that why islam is just about to dominate the previous christian world

> Hvem er Harald Hårfagre.

Son is portrayed as pan-sexual gender fluid (((trixter)))

The man that united us as a christian kingdom.

Is there a point im missing?

>What texts do we have other than stories written down as if they are fairy tales?

They weren't written down that way. The Elder Edda was written anonymously and parts of it were attributed to Odin, while the Prose Edda was written down as mythology of people who no longer believe in them (same with Irish and Welsh myths), and the sagas written down as history.

>talking about Easter
>links a page about oastre
>implying easter is Eostre
>doesn't realize it's only called easter in English
>doesn't realize christian easter predates the English language and was called pascha in Greek and English
>BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE EOSTRE!
actually keking whenever I hear thus

Hail Odin!

Greek and Latin*

>doesn't realize it's only called easter in English

This is the whole point- and it seems to flown right over your head. No wonder your losing followers by the hour. Except, you know, in Africa.

> Loki
> Son
Kek
Also:
> Thinks we draw inspiration/guidance from the God who betrays Óðinn and plunges the world into chaos.

>inb4 yes you're*

Nevermind it was his son.

Harald Hårfagre sendte sin sonn, Håkon, til oppfostring hos kong Adalstein i England på begynnelsen av 900-tallet, vel vitende at han ville returnere som kristen. ... Etter at han ble konge i Norge, fremmet han kirkens sak og fikk engelske geistlige til landet

Becouse odin is a jewish god for satansim pic related

neither is he european

> Harald Hårfagre
> Christian
> Being this retarded

>beheadings and sadistic torture rituals.

Come on, this went on throughout history until relatively recently.

>the women are whores

This isn't true, the Norse valued faithfulness of wives due to Odal's law, I am burger and I know this. But the vast majority of societies valued virgins and faithful wives, don't let (((them))) tell you otherwise.

>slavery

Because peasantry was that much better?

>raids

Raiding is a part of war. Can you show me a war without raids?

The point is that pascha has nothing to do with eostre but you're such a brainlet you think the fact the English word sounds similar means it's the same.

Kek ok

d.ub.s confirm

You really think that Odin drinking semen was a European or nordic idea?

No the entire mythology is made up by jews

>screencapping your own posts

Is this the schitzo swede again?

I wish this fucking d&c bullshit would stop.

He had an active part in the christening of norway.

That Paganism is European is a lie
Let me tell you off Paganism

So i have heard you degenerates say Christianity is not European just to fall for another dessert jew cult
For you see Paganism Yes PAGANISM is a BABYLONIAN religion Where Ishtar is the god of Love or Freyja/Aphrodite by your standards and Nimrod the founder of Babylon is Oden/Zeus

And not only is PAGANISM not European, It is also more JEWISH than Christianity!
For it was formed by Khazarian Jews that were expelled from Judea/Palestine by God for their pagan worship, and they continued their practice under the oppression of Babylon where they developed the religion fully

While christianity on the other hand was written by Hebrews in the old & new testament, And it was and still is hated by the jews!

You idiots have all been played, fucking pick up a book

He is already dead. And he is not coming back no matter how much you whinne to Hella

Shit just look up islam if you want to act a nigger and get afterlife points.

I wish your mutt in chief didn't suck isreal's cock every time he got out of bed you fucking retarded mutt

Ta livet av dig, horunge.

>pagan
>not into astrology, tarot, magic, spiritism

Imagine being this fucking delusional

>The point is that pascha has nothing to do with eostre but you're such a brainlet you think the fact the English word sounds similar means it's the same.

No the point was they used syncretism to incorporate pagan culture. If you read the Nag Hammadi's, you'd have a clear idea that Christianity was cobbled together from a variety of regional religions. If you read the NT critically, that might've been obvious.

>You really think that Odin drinking semen was a European or nordic idea?

No, that comes from a Christian priest who's argument was that Paganism was for faggots. Christcucks on Sup Forums fail to realize he's the same guy that paved the way for the queering of the church, but they don't give a shit as long as they take take poop on everything good and holy in this world.

But dude they're into Varg and DnD and wear a mjolnir necklace!

Both are shit except christians have some legitiamte reason to believe in god since their parents did and they are thought that it is the truth.

Nice argument there. Why do you somehow think history has been won by gentlemen? "Acting like a nigger" is how we all got here.

lmfao I can't even

check your flag, you need to put on a meme flag for that to work

Mutt civil war go

Your all a bunch of jewish shills take a look at this and see for yourselfSeems to me all that cum drinking got to your fucking heads

Pascha predates the word easter and therefore only the name is a co-opt and even then only in English. The actual celebration predates that and was original, meaning your claim easter is stolen is literally pants on head retarded like all your neo pagan mental gymnastics

Are these real swedes or should I be glad they're getting soft genocide?

At han sendte Håkon Adalsteinsfostre var hevn for at Adalstein provde å lure ham. Kong Harald kunne ikke ha mente dette fordi Eirik Blodoks var den som skulle arve tronen, men han ble drept.