I wathed Drifters and i dont think that this guy is Jesus, for couple of reasons

I wathed Drifters and i dont think that this guy is Jesus, for couple of reasons.
1) His motivations do not make sense. The mangaka does his research very well, and while i can understand him getting someone like Rasputin all wrong (since there is more propoganda than truth about Rasputin), but getting Jesus wrong? You literally only have to read the new testament to get all the info.
Here is what Jesus does in the new testament:
>Shows up.
>Says he is going to be betrayed and killed.
>Takes a person like Judas into his crew.
>Repeats the thing about him being betrayed and killed, but also that he is fine with it and it needs to happen.
>Tells Judas to betray him.
>Gets Betrayed and does everything possible (from not using his powers, to not defending himself) to get crucified.
Meanwhile black king is like:
>waah waah, they betrayed me and killed me, thats so not fair.
2)It would be the most anticlimactic reveal since it turned out that Quattro Bajeena was Char Aznable all along, Everybody and their imouto has already guessed that it might be Jesus. From a storytelling perspective, it would make sense that he is a red herring. There are two ways this could play out. Either the hood comes off, and nobody is surprised to find out that it is the person they all suspected, or the hood comes off and eveyone is surprised that it is not the guy they all expected to see. I think the latter works better.
3) His dragonfly staff and the giant eye are not related to christianity at all. They give off an egyptian vibe, if anything.
4) He calls himself ''The Inexorable Tribulation'' which Jesus warned about. He also warned that many will come, who will claim that they are the second coming of Jesus and they will be loved by all, and even perform miracles, while secretly being evil.

So i think that the black king is the antichrist. A dark messiah who will be loved by all, perform miracles and while using everybody that follows him, for his sinister ends.

Is that a copypasta from Reddit?

No.

well, the author himself denied that whole Jesus theory but to make a point, the Dark One being Jesus would be the most bull asspull shit I've ever read/watched.
I'd even put the theory about Hitler's dark revival on a higher pedestral.

Sounds good OP.

>His dragonfly staff and the giant eye are not related to christianity at all. They give off an egyptian vibe, if anything.
Maybe he is Moses?

Maybe he is really hitler, ran away to the world's version of argentina and see that his empire is now shit and saw the true master race is in the monsters.

>Egyptian vibe
>Powers over life
>Was betrayed
>Was a "king"
>Insists that he's not a god
Could he possibly be Osiris?

You also forgot to mention that he claims to be mortal, and not related to God. That would be impossible for Jesus, since he is said god.

Also, I like the antichrist angle, since he looks like a conman, doing his best at being a messiah figure, while having the exact opposite views/methods as the real Christ (picking monsters over men, torture, Waging war etc.), thus being both and imposter and the complete opposite of Christ. In other words, an anti Christ.

>Quattro Bajeena was Char Aznable all along
Dude, spoilers! Thanks for ruining zeta for me.

You're thinking too hard over mongolian tapestries. There was even an omake chapter full of jesus references and how people would get mad if he outright said it was 'jesus'

In the manga they bring up that he knows about people from the future.

So he probably isn't Jesus but who then is the million dollar question.

I thought that the omake was just poking fun at the Jesus theories.

Maybe it's Mohammad (PBUH).

An advanced being from the future maybe?

>and while i can understand him getting someone like Rasputin all wrong (since there is more propoganda than truth about Rasputin)
What did he mean by this?

Rasputin was not a monk, he was a simple and religious peasant. He never practiced witchcraft, never manipulated people and he didn't have hypnotic eyes (the scary looking guy on the photos is not actually him, but a double, there are a few real pictures of him, and he looks like a regular man). He was also very helpful to the tsar, as he gave wise and sound council. However, his wise council was not appreciated by the tsars enemies, and Rasputin got stabbed and later killed for his helpful nature. Then the western propogand started about him being an evil wizard, with hypnotic eyes, who whispers evil thoughts into the tsars ear. Thats how propoganda works. If you don't like someone, then you can just demonize him. It was made easier thanks to the fact that he was Russian, and it is easy to make Russians look bad (God knows that they have demonized almost every great Russian out there).

Its Moses, he was also was killed by the Israelites , it's a traditional accusation against Jews that they killed all their prophets.

Could be the islamic depiction of the messiah. Jesus in that matter isn't only depicted in christianity.

I was convinced it wasn't Jesus the moment I saw the weird staff.

Oh yeah, totally not Jesus. I mean why would you even think that?

Is it Angry Manjew?