New trailer for Studio Ponoc's Mary and the Witch's Flower

New trailer for Studio Ponoc's Mary and the Witch's Flower

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCCifYcFBWk

I want to fuck Mary.

Miyazaki has confirmed he is producing a whole new feature film now.

Hm.

If Ghibli is disbanding and the staff is moving to Studio Ponoc, why didn't they just stay at Ghibli and make it a better studio?

Because Ghibli stopped producing films. Sticking around wouldn't make a difference. And it's not like everyone from Ghibli moved to Ponoc, only a particular group of people.

they should really create their own art style instead of piggybacking off of miyazaki's. nevertheless, it is their first feature so plenty of time to naturally progress into one

Look incredible. Yonebayashi is one talented director. When Marnie Was There and The Secret World of Arriety are two of my favourite anime films, so this should be good.

Looks like Kiki's + Howl's moving castle. Almost too similar.

Yeah I really liked Arrietty, I've never understood the negative response on Sup Forums it's gotten.

It looks so dull compared to other Ghibli movies.

Looks like Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's moving castle, and Ki no Kuni had a baby.
My first impression? It looks rather boring...
Hope they catch my interest with another more exciting trailer down the line, if any even come out.

This girl is fucking ugly

I feel weird. I want to join the bandwagon and say that it looks rather plain/not too special(cause I am genuinely not impressed by anything I've seen so far) but I would be lying if I said I didnt like their use of color and lighting.

I'll hold out in hopes that the trailer just isn't doing it justice and the story will be good. Still somewhat cautiously optimistic.

It feels like every redhead in anime and western cartoons are always designed with bushy hair...
I don't like it.

>story will be good

Yeah, because we all know how solid Ghibli's track record for that is.

She's basically a Ghibli girl, so of course she's ugly.

>Shamelessly copy pasting the stairway scene from Spirited Away

God, this movie is going to be so derivative of worn Miyazaki tropes that nobody will even remember it, just like all those other Ghibli knockoff movies.

Spirited aways spin off.

>they should really create their own art style instead of piggybacking off of miyazaki's.
It's as much their style as it is Miyazaki's. Just because they're working in a new studio doesn't mean they have to work in a different style.

get in line

>The Secret World of Arriety
Looks good, ill watch this

But the real question is which studio name is cooler?

Ghibli or Ponoc?

They both have the same vowel repeated but Ghibli has that stypic GH whilst Ponoc ends with a C.

Of all names, why Ponoc?

Sounds like something censored