What caused the absence of beauty in modern architecture?

your inability to travel to fine places or use the internet to become cultured

>oh no architecture!!

Fucking Christ Sup Forums is so easy to trigger. You get triggered over trannies (0.001% of the population), cherry picked news, different shades of skin color, and now architecture. Fucking snowflakes. You faggots are worse than SJWs.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
/thread

True that

T:guy who likes commie blocks

The downfall of western civilization.

Modernity actively rejected tradition, established norms and antiquated definitions in favor of science, industry, individualism and progress.

Pic related.

The government and the Jews collude to launder the wealth of the nation to a few at the top and fund vaporware projects like Tesla and SpaceX. Get back in your windowless concrete box goy.

I don't know. People now days like ugly stuff.

Bullshit. The minority's view doesn't justify going against the majority

Women

>The minority's view doesn't justify going against the majority
m8, the elite has always been the one calling the shots.
Al-ways. Don't give me this "majority" bullshit.

Degeneration started in the 1930s, with the Bauhaus movement.

Jews

Then came WWII. In the post-WWII era, the demolition of buildings were justified, regardless of the extend of damage.

After this, arts and architecture were poisoned with modernism by libshits in Western countries. Same thing happened in the Eastern Bloc, only difference is that modernism was forced by the commies a bit later, after Stalin's death.

By 1990, the damage was done, traditional architecture was almost completely erased, Postmodernism went mainstream.

That been rebuilt in a fairly good decent way,
not true on most of the Buda castle's most parts, but the current government is getting WW2 and the commies harm on the castle the royal palace and the most of Budapest. which is noice

m8, I'm sorry, but you REALLY need to stop with the "everything old is good, everything new is bad" faggotry.

It only goes to show you can't understand exactly how the new stuff was more competitive if it does not have the flash gothic bits.
It was. Deal with it or, better yet, pick up an art form and show the world how great and competative the old stuff truly is.

Why build nice things when the endless wars of the Jew will ensure they are destroyed?

Nowadays there's a slow but steady revival of Neo-traditional architecture. Renovation of historical buildings and reconstruction of lost gems are slowly bringing back traditional architecture.

Jews

>the new stuff was more competitive
Ah yes, new buildings are giving us depression and third degree burns.
What a progressive era to live in!

Too bad there are some bad omens.

M8, this is the same "logic" as saying horses are better than cars because cars accidents happen.

wait but its not 2018?????

What part of Disneyland is that?

Hello, newfriend! How are you liking your stay at Sup Forums? If it's not to your liking you are more than welcome to go back to your regular website reddit.

>how DARE you reject modernity
lmao

The death of God.

Postmodernism, atheism, apathy, marxism, it's all wrapped up in one. Brutalism is deeply rooted in toxic ideologies. There's a reason for the correlation between universities built around the 60's and brutalist, soulless, imposing concrete boxes.

Pic related

Put 2 and 2 together

That's a lie.

>That's a lie.
Ok, I can tell you you to OBJECTIVELY measure weight of an object, or density, etc.
How do you OBJECTIVELY measure beauty?

>how DARE you reject modernity
m8, rejecting modernity is the same level of lunacy as rejecting that Trump is US president

I.e. you may not like it, put it's the way things objectively are atm.

>reddit

>reeee where are my shitty tiny-windowed three-level cucksheds covered in pretty statues I can jerk off to and use to weakly forward my cultural supremacy narrative
-Sup Forums

I can't tell you how to measure it, but I can tell you that the Divine Ratio is objectively beautiful. Interestingly, if you take two sequential Fibonacci numbers and divide them, you get a number which continually approaches, though never quit reaches, the Divine Ratio as you progress through the series.

Beauty is like Truth. It is infinite, it's of the realm of the Forms, to use Plato's description. You can't objectively measure pain either, does that mean it isn't real, or objective?

>Disneyland
>that thing
"Disneyland Architecture" usually means extremely fancy Gothic, and that building is far from that.
Duh, it will be finished in 2018.

Name 1 (one) good piece of modern architecture

To believe in Beauty is to believe in God, and vice versa. You have to recognize that our world is finite, but there is another reality which is infinite. The better something represents this infinite reality, the more beautiful we find it.

j00 100%

and you're not Russian. use another vpn server faggot.

>I can't tell you how to measure it, but I can tell you that the Divine Ratio is objectively beautiful.
Lul. Yea, "objectively" beautiful because you say it is.

>You can't objectively measure pain either, does that mean it isn't real, or objective?
Well, yes. It does mean it's subjective. The "real" part behind pain is tissue damage.

>thinking window size is important
>disliking statues
>not thinking western culture is superior
>unironically liking shitty grey monoliths everywhere that make people depressed and were designed by ex-nazis like a pathetic neoliberal faggot

>j00 100%
>j00 instead of jews
You do know you are not being censored here, riiight?
Also,
>jew
>and you're not Russian.
Wrong on both accounts.

Trump tower

sure thing j00

It's sad. While modern architecture can look nice in some places, this Walmart-tier shit looks fugly in Paris, London or any nice city.

Whatever you say, lul.
Given how much credit you give to the jews I'd say it wouldn't be bad being one.

Its not necessarily the "everything old is good mentality", it's that traditional architecture has been replaced with something uglier, hence why so many Canadians want to visit Europe

>Walmart-tier shit
Walmart is the equivalent of a cheap market of previous times. Those places have practically never been fancy.

>that traditional architecture has been replaced with something uglier
Ok. Why has it been replaced?

Funny enough sexual release like sex and masturbation, all this pent up sexual anger they used on fruitful endeavours,
>hitler never masturbated and probably did not have sex either
Read in some book forget the name but civilisation achievements are proportion to how much that society has sexual discipline and sex only for reproduction
>not capitalism, because even those days a box would be cheaper than a intricate palace or mansion

No, but I think you get what I mean. Like, I mean that the once nice architecture is being trashed away. Good example is Toronto, used to look like an 1800s big english city, now it looks much uglier.

>complains about beauty but idolizes dingy shitholes full of ugly and wasteful electric lights
>liking statues for no other reason beyond a masturbatory obsession with a deluded idealized definition of what "culture" is
>to criticize the masturbatory obsession is to criticize its subject
>strawmanning, pulling assumptions out of your ass and projecting all in one sentence

Idk, I guess it's out of fashion among architects.

>Good example is Toronto, used to look like an 1800s big english city, now it looks much uglier.
Again, the question is: why? Why the good-old stuff was out-competed by modern stuff?

I have no idea. You tell me.

I'm genuinely curious, do you not like old European architecture? Do you prefer modern arch?

Functionality > some teenage traditionalist' s opinion on beautiful buildings.

So what you are saying is that professional architects find "old stuff "deficient to the point of being ok with simply wiping it out?
Yet still it's somehow better because in your layman opinion it's better?

I'm sure a nice looking traditional building can be just as functional as an ugly american building

>that pic
enough

>I'm genuinely curious, do you not like old European architecture? Do you prefer modern arch?
Everything has it's place.
Some old European architecture here is there is fine, but preserving every single old building simply because of it's historic value is stagnancy at it's worst.

I doubt there's anything deficient about it. Architecture changes over ages, gothic - > renaissance -> baroque -> enlightenment -> pre-modern (1800-1900 style) -> modern.
It has gone through many phases, modern architecture could have been much nicer, I think people chose this style simply because they personally liked it, not due to functionality.

I see what you are saying. I honestly have not studied this topic at all, so I will look into it.

>It has gone through many phases, modern architecture could have been much nicer, I think people chose this style simply because they personally liked it, not due to functionality.
Fair enough. But what's you point, then?
Is you don't like modern architecture — get involved in city planning (one way or the other) and promote what you like best.

Nice post.

>Fair enough. But what's you point, then?
Is you don't like modern architecture — get involved in city planning (one way or the other) and promote what you like best.
Very true. I'm just a uni student, I know nothing about city planning. I will study more about this topic. All I'm really saying is that I find modern arch kinda ugly compared to old arch, but opinions on art are subjective and whatnot.

Anthony Wiener. When cartoon characters live.

pipe down faggot

>To believe in Beauty is to believe in God, and vice versa.
And as religious zealots know EXACTLY what the "right" god is and how you should worship it, cultural zealots know EXACTLY what the "right" beauty is and how you should express it.

I've never seen that building before. Wow. It looks like a pile of garbage. They paid for that? Definite fruition of communist goals there.

bump

They want to take off the plates, right?

>blindly embrace capitalism
>wonder why people are building cheap, efficient, buildings to do their business in
>wonder why people you invited from half the country away or foreign-born have no interest in improving the beauty of your local architecture

Yeah, actually. It was announced a month ago that they'll take off the aluminum cover.
Renovation is a bit more... problematic.

>tfw youre the only one on Sup Forums that likes modern architecture

city planners dictating architechure

art in 2017 is smearing shit on yourself

Your knowledge of art in 2017 seems to come from Sup Forums and reddit alone, m8, if you think that's the case.

I like some stuff.

Want to see what this place looked like before?

>it's all relative maaaan
censorship was NOT a mistake

i dont like that, just aesthetically pleasing minimalism

You don't like this picture for the modern architecture. You like the natural environment that surrounds the place and the fact that it's well-engineered, clean, light and airy. The tidy yard is calm and disciplined. Unfortunately this little guy does not speak for the curse that is modernism, post-modernism and the like. It is a nice house, but it has its priorities straight. The functional minimalism is very nice, but wouldn't stand without that beautiful setting and without the staging they've done.
If I lived in that place, where would I poo?

I assume it's going to hurt. Hit me with it

I know...after 60 years under aluminum plates the facade won't look that good.

judging by the brick pillar and the sudden dip, this house is built on the side of a hill and you are only seeing the top of it.

Libeskind is a dirty rat motherfucker. If you look him up, he's like an actual cancer. All the old buildings he works on he just adds these awful unnatural outgrowths too. It's so heeby, just to go around to all these sites and (((improve))) them in his signature egotistical style.
he did the ROM in toronto and countless other things. I can't believe we enable this crap, it's mockery.

this thing is in MY city, always hurts when i go there

The dead of Hitler. Hitler was not only a great man but also the last great Artist of the West I can remember (and Dali)

Basically Jews

The Nazis destroyed the "Kugelhaus" in Dresden, a very popular modern building from the 20s
The architect was a Jew.

the brick bit is the bathroom

its one story, the architect that designed and built it lived there from 1949 to his death in 2005. He was also suspected of being a nazi and investigated by the fbi for spending so much time in nazi germany

A lack of beauty in people.

It really is quite beautiful

Gee. I can't imagine why....

Fuck Jewish architecture is such shit. No wonder they're so jealous of white art.

wrong pic

Jewish "architecture"