RON RON RON AHAHAHAHA AKAGI YOU FUCKED UP THIS TIME I WIN

RON RON RON AHAHAHAHA AKAGI YOU FUCKED UP THIS TIME I WIN

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT OLD MAN ? LOOK CLOSELY ON THE RIGHT ROW OF CHINESE SIGNS

AAAAAAAAAAH IT'S CHING CHONG LING PING TILE OH MA GAD

BBUT YOU CAN ONLY BEAT MY HAND IF YOU HAVE TWELVE PONGYANG LONG FACING THE EAST

I DO

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH AKAGIIIIIIIIII

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P2esT0IlghE
youtube.com/watch?v=1vv_u00Yk6w
youtube.com/watch?v=UzXcsMu69RY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no one knows what Akagi is doing

Man Gan.

TWENTY ONE YEARS YOU FUCKING HACK

have they finished yet? if not, is the end in sight?

it's supposed to end NEXT YEAR

Pon.

That pic with Yasuoka always gets me

What the fuck are yo talking about? Back then they weren't playing with multiple ron rules. The win went to the closest counterclockwise player.

What did he mean by this?

I don't think you understand

Agaki is going to gamble to the death

this means your death

He will continue to play Mahjong untill you keel over your monitor and die because you chose to bet on waiting on the manga, which was a single tile hell wait, and there was no way
Akagi is going to deal it into your hand

Sup Forums used to have a good taste.

At least Akagi explains why he did what he did and thought the way he did, it isn't like another mahjong anime that pulls crazy shit out of it's ass.

what? washizus monolog?

No, the manga

Hot-blooded GAR > Cold-blooded GAR

Oh.

Can't watch this or read Kaiji part 3 because I'm too dumb to understand mahjong

KAN
KAN
KAN
RINSHAN KAIHOU

Only thing that gets me about mahjong is the point system.

I only watched the first series of Saki, does it get better in Nationals?

2005>2007

Should I watch Akagi or Kaiji? Or both? Which should I watch first? Why cant I find anywhere to read them?

source?

can't get better than first season. avoid achiga-hen.

not really, S2 ends after the first round

i need my resolution damnit.

Personally prefer Kaiji, but both are good. I think Akagi gets a little too one note after a while, while Kaiji's a bility to actually fail raises the stakes a bit more.

You're not half bad, user. I'll start with Akagi if thats the case. I believe the mangaka wrote it first anyway, right?

Kaiji is about a loser drowning in debts trying to salvage himself through a variety of highly risky gambles, generally much more dramatical
Akagi is about some elder-god of instinct catapulting himself through the underworld due to his sheer ability, but only focus on one game, ie mahjong
Both are extremely fine, part 1 manga of Kaiji is sadly not translated but the anime adaptation is amazing. Everything of Akagi has been translated so far, I'd suggest Kaiji first to get a feel for FKMT's style then go for the Akagi anime

Kaiji also has variety and Kaiji is a generally better character than Akagi. Kaiji is one of the only anime I can think of that could make that Pachinko arc work as well as it did.

Akagi is actually a prequel to his first major manga, Ten, which is focused on technical mahjong from the 3/4 of it
Akagi came I think second along with Gin to Kin, a manga around mafia and economics, and Kaiji began third in 1996

>BBUT YOU CAN ONLY BEAT MY HAND IF YOU HAVE TWELVE PONGYANG LONG FACING THE EAST
>
>I DO

NANTOKA NARE

Just finished the regional (EP 19) this was the biggest asspull I've seen in anime.

Asspulls like that is what makes Saki hard to enjoy.

>Kaiji is one of the only anime I can think of that could make that Pachinko arc work as well as it did.
Haruhi S3 was better

Because it was actually a Heist arc
The pachinko was just extra flavoring

The match ends in 3 more chapters, the manga ends next year

Kaiji Part 3's only barrier is the basic requirements to a hand and what the tiles are. At least that's how I enjoyed it.

That's why Achiga-hen is the superior Saki anime.

Anyone have that comic of the guy watching Akagi for the first time and progressively becoming more Yakuza

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAMAN BAKARI DE

Got the other one when it end with "you son of a bit-"

>I DO

YASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAMAAAANNBAKARIDE

maybe
i find it a lot worse honestly

>I DO
Akagi wouldn't say such a thing. He'd just do pic related.

Ron

give me kaiji part 3 anime right this instant

Riichi

>Kaiji is a generally better character than Akagi
But Kaiji is a fucking moralfag.

What was the tripcode for Akagi anti-moralfag shitposting again?

Does Akagi have ZAWAs too?

The tiles ZAWA instead

i fucking want One-Poker now!
i don't give a shit about mahjong

youtube.com/watch?v=P2esT0IlghE

OST producer smoked some weed, now we will never hear from him ever again.
youtube.com/watch?v=1vv_u00Yk6w

>Does Akagi have ZAWAs too?

of course,
fucking Gin to Kin has ZAWAs

Seriously though, what has prevented them from making an Akagi Season 2, or the very least Kaiji Season 3? Were they not very profitable?

I will always remember the moment that Kaiji tilted the entire goddamn building.
It was so fucking bonkers I couldn't believe it.

Just finished the first episode of Akagi. I'm already hooked, although I dont understand Mahjong very well. Nice fucking recommendation, friends.

I think it's mostly due to changes in staff at Madhouse. I seem to recall Kaiji having really good TV ratings in Japan, which was odd for a late-night anime.

Not sure if they want to commit to 26 episodes of Washizu, that still doesn't finish the match.

Kaiji might be better, but I think people will be put off by a whole season with just one single game.

I'm surprised series like Gin to Kin, Zero or Kurosawa hasn't been animated though.

I didn't know anything about Mahjong before watching it and I think I did ok other than the specific point system the game has. Everything was easier if you have the japanese Mahjong wiki up to look up terminology.

my favourite is when he fucked sideways the chief at the prison with fucking bones

Should make a Ten anime instead then.

how far did the Akagi Live Action go?

SILENT THIS SIDE SILENT THIS SIDE SILENT THIS SIDE SILENT THIS SIDE SILENT THIS SIDE SILENT THIS SIDE SILENT THIS SIDE SILENT THIS SIDE SILENT THIS SIDE

HANEMAN!

youtube.com/watch?v=UzXcsMu69RY

is there any anime character who could beat Koizumi in a game of mahjong tho?

SIRENTO DIS SIDE

i really like Fujimoto gets it. One of the few genuinely funny geinin

thank you user, didn't remember how good it was that song

SAN BAI MAN

>huge Ten anime covering the manga up to the end of the East-West battle
>All-Night Vigil is released later as a separate OVA

It has been almost 5 years, which is apparently the usual amount of jail time. Him getting hired again is another story.

Mahjong newfag here. I understand the making 4 sets business, how discarding works, etc. But what does it mean when they stack a tile sideways on top of their concealed deck? Pic related.

It's just the tile they picked from the wall, some players will not put it and just discard it once they look at it if they don't need it.

Chi.

Why is Akagi so hot

Who wins in a fight, Akagi or Kaiji?

Isn't that match ongoing even today?

It's over

Kurosawa

This is all I understood watching Akagi, and I still enjoyed it nonetheless

Did he at least yell Ron or does he genuilely kick the bucket without dealing the killing blow?

kaijis soundtrack is so underrated, especially season 1

Kaiji is cute.

Hey, cheater, that's a furiten! You got no hand!

>kaijis soundtrack is so underrated, especially season 1
No it's not. Everyone who's seen it or listened to it knows it's great. Just because every normalfag and their mom doesn't blast it day in day out doesn't mean it's underrated.

Kaiji is not very marketable. It's not like you can sell merch of the cute girls in Kaiji because there are no cute girls.
Kakegurui (gambling manga focused on girls) will be adapted by MAPPA soon. Maybe if it sells well we'll get Kaiji S3.

How the fuck do you cheat on pachinko?

Believe in your dreams.

1) Change the size of the calibrating tool for the width of the gap to get past the first stage
2) Sabotage the mechanical door to get into the 3 plates
3) Fire a shitzillion balls through until the first and second plates are full
4) Keep going until the ball has no choice but to go down the hole even with the air jets

Rent a room in the same building the pachinko machine is in and drop 20 tons of shit in there.
Be careful to distribute this weight though or the balls may deviate to the left.