Stefan Molyneus, Linda Gottfredson and IQ

Are they right about IQ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZPsXYo7gpc
imgur.com/8UtmUja
blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/the-heritability-of-intelligence-not-what-you-think/
youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14
youtube.com/watch?v=D7Kn5p7TP_Y&index=16&list=PL22J3VaeABQApSdW8X71Ihe34eKN6XhCi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's their video:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZPsXYo7gpc

no, smart black people dont turn white, so its all bullshit

Retarded ass turk, that's not what they're saying

i appologise

fuck off racist, how can race and IQ be correlated when smart blacks exist?
Can you point to specific genes that cause that disparity?

just because their iq is distributed around a lower average doesn't mean there can't be outliers

>we invented maths in golden age of koran
>but not statistics
but you really did not invent what you stole from khafir.

so blacks are smarter then whites?
checkmate racist

>so blacks are smarter then whites?
No, you as a subhuman shitskin Turk should know you greek muslim

Don't know! Don't care! My I.Q. is 175. It's all bullshit!

>racist
Boo hoo dimitroglu that hurts our feelings

No. If black iq scores are normally distributed around a mean of 85 then it means that the average black person has the same iq as the 16th percentile white person.

Another way of saying it is that, if you pick a random black person, 84% of white people will have a higher iq than that black person.

fuck off, im 1/4th germanic
are you saying racism is not an issue?
thats just due to poorer social standing

>im 1/4th germanic
3/4th Turk is too much subhumanism
>are you saying racism is not an issue?
The only issue is that countries are not homogenous. You and your ilk should go back to wherever you came from, but even that isn't your land

I know you're a fucking crypto-aryan, your larping fools no one, Hans.

no, 1/4th german, 1/4th jewish, and 1/2 english.
yes, turks are white

Turks are not white. The only whites living in Turkey are Anatolian Greeks who are muslim, fuck you and your shitty uncultured land Mehmet

whatever your reasons may be, the 16th percentile is still a fact.

also, are you saying iq test results do not approximate cognitive abilities?

>1/4th germanic

IQ tests are a scam, it doesnt recognize real life intelect, it just tests being smart about numbers.

im pretty white

So boring:
imgur.com/8UtmUja

To be fair, Molyneux doesn't understand the different between:
Correlation coefficent (r) versus Coefficient of determination (r-squared).
His use of 'correlations' is slightly misleading.

R-squared tells how how much of the total variation in a response variable (eg IQ) can explained by a predictor variable (eg Race).

Race doesn't explain that much variation in IQ once you control for socio-economic factors like education, culture, etc.

Charles Murray, for instance, didn't elaborate on how much variation was explained by genetic versus cultural factors. Turns out that different aspects of IQ (eg verbal, spatial, logic) have different genetic versus cultural components (the coefficient of inheritance). Verbal ability for instance, depends more strongly on cultural factors than logical abilities. But verbal ability ALSO has a stronger genetic component. The two components are actually linked in a non-linear way, which makes it very difficult to tease apart which aspect 'determines' IQ.

Genes constrain your IQ, but they are also mediated by environmental factors in a way which feeds back to affect the degree to which genes constrain IQ (ie non-linear).

Molyneux is oversimplifying it. It's good that he invites experts in the field.

Molyneux is Jewish.

Hahahahaha 25%. Gtfo you fucking subhuman, leave pls.

shhh

>tfw smarter than the majority of any race
Your all just brainlets to me :^)

>replying to such an obvious bait
You guys are much more retarded than you think he is.

Kraut...its over.

"I am pretty white" with black nigger hair.

You're not one of us. Die. Also you look young. Don't post your own picture on fucking user image boards retard.

you will see, i will make peace with what is left of your pathetic movement
im pretty sure that im white

IQ tests are actually a good indicator of intelligence. They do account for cultural factors; different questions are assigned 'cultural loadings'.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/the-heritability-of-intelligence-not-what-you-think/

Check out Kees-Jan Kan's PhD thesis and the popular articles related to his findings.

I'm sorry but Turks are subhuman. Also bitching about IQ on a racial level is fucking silly. It is not indicative of any specific individual. Don't cry just accept the data. There are obviously many variables that go into IQ, however just because you don't like a correlation shown between one or them doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Again, don't post your imagine on an anonymous image board. Especially pol.

Dude I'm 1/3rd Germanic and I have never set foot near Germany.

>Again, don't post your imagine on an anonymous image board
thanks for the advice, dont want to get doxxed because im accociated with the alt right.
>IQ tests are actually a good indicator of intelligence
of math intelligence, it does not do well in the real world.
>alt right too dumb for math

Jesus Christ, you guys must be all NIGGERS, when you fall for such an obvious bait

It wouldn't be a gene but the ratio of a version of a gene in the population. Blacks don't select or have selective pressure for intelligence basically. COMT is an interesting one, there's dozens though, and some are polygene effects too I'm sure.

Well, I like you immediately..

Tbh, i take note, but don't care that much about what molyneux or murray says. People tend to make Murray/Herrnstein all about race, but that was never their intent. It was basically all about intelligence being the most deterministic variable in modern society.

IQ tests do actually predict how well you will do in the real world. They don't explain everything, but they do explain some of the variability.
If you read any of the literature, you would know this. People with higher IQ GENERALLY earn more money for example. That doesn't mean high IQ guarantees you will earn more.

People with low IQ also have weaker comprehension abilities (look it up, it's even in the video), so gain less information. Might explain why you can't understand simple concepts. Might also just be your lack of education.

Murray's conclusions are abit off I think. Bit of a shame they didnt report the statistics well enough and used some bad data sets (eg that IQ data set about post-apartheid students which claimed black and white students in 1995 had the same socio-economic background).

You clearly know the difference in education that black vs whites kids still receive in South Africa, on average.

What the fuck are you anyway?

Male, female?

Can't really tell

female?
>They don't explain everything
so you have no argument?

No fucking way

well I was assinged male, but im female

Very few empirical models explain 'everything', especially in social sciences. I don't think you understand what an argument is, or how a hypothesis is tested:

To test whether IQ is a good predictor of how well you do in the real world, you just have to falsify the null hypothesis that 'IQ does not explain a significant amount of variation in some measure of attainment (eg. socio-economic status).

If IQ predicts a significant amount of variation in socio-economic status, it falsifies your null hypothesis.
It doesn't have to explain 'everything'.

You should really be paying me for giving you a rudimentary education in how to construct and test hypotheses; the basis of scientific arguments.

Do yourself a favour, go on google scholar and search among the hundreds of papers which look at the role of IQ in contributing towards academic, occupation, and societal attainment.

And yes, people with very low IQ find it very challenging to succeed in cognitively demanding fields. They're just too slow.

Absolutely. If you want to call yourself white, you should be able to solve shit like pic related in a few seconds at most.

Yes, of course I know the difference in quality of education, but that's peripheral to the question of intelligence.

I think people don't differentiate enough between fluid and crystallized intelligence. I think, and this is just my opinion and observance, that fluid intelligence has very little causality from socio-economic background. As you stated, it's the other way round: socio-economic background has strong causality in cognitive abilities.

Yes, there are small factors like nutrition during pregnancy and childhood, but i suspect it is probably not worth more a point or two in this or that direction.

I think the other real shame is that Hernnstein died as I suspect he probably was the more objective/scientific one.

Btw, out of curiosity, are you black/white and male/female?

Who cares about their self-assigned gender status.

It's doesn't make their argument any better.

Although, artificially suppressing testosterone production (via hormones) tends to cause men to be less motivated and depressed. Biology doesn't care about social justice.

>how can height and race be correlated if tall asians exist?
Exceptions =/= rule.

you wrote so much text

Anyone who wants to post on Sup Forums should first be asked to take an easy IQ test.

I agree my dear tranny kike turk - we need to decolonise our minds. Science and IQ are cis het white male myths.
youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14

Even most africans can solve this one.

B? just a shot in the dark but your too late you give love a bad name

>your
-10 iq points

You have to be 18 to post on this board.

preach
im 22, i just look young and youthful

how does rearranging random squares prove im smart?

Some people actually enjoy learning about how the world works in their free time.
Rather narcissistic to think that every post in this thread is only going to be read by you.

Larger societal trends are driven by slowly drip-feeding redpills to all the lurkers. It's not meant to change your mind. If you read some basic psychology/political science, you'd know that people's entrenched belief systems can't be radically changed by reason alone. More evidence does however strengthen the beliefs of those who are already taking the red pill ;)

> Race doesn't explain that much variation in IQ once you control for socio-economic factors like education, culture, etc.

You can't 'account' for education - your IQ influences how far you go.

And yes, race does predict independently of environmental factors. The SAT is pretty g loaded, and you'll see that the poorest whites do as well as the richest blacks.

u sure mate? many people in Miami are born Hispanic and die jewish

m8 i agree with you on race and IQ, but i think shitposting is a good way to reassure people in their oppinion and accually make them think about stuff, a way to break the echo chamber.

Wrong, mongrel.

>how does a test designed specifically to measure IQ say anything about my IQ?
Raven's matrices are unanimously recognized as the most reliable kind of IQ test. Sorry you're not white.

>Race doesn't explain that much variation in IQ once you control for socio-economic factors like education, culture, etc.
Bullshit. See the pic in Also, see the adoption studies where black babies were adopted and raised by wealthy white families in white environments and schools. They still tested a standard deviation lower than their white peers.

shhh. I was enjoying the larp. nxt time larp for longer.

The null hypothesis virgin vs the Bayesian statistics Chad.jpg

I'm not saying that race doesn't predict IQ independently of environmental factors.

There are however many other cultural factors which are independent of wealth and education. One example: how much a young child's parents encourage it to learn basic cognitive skills during its formative years.

I think a large contributing factor to lower IQ amongst the black population are the high rates of kids that are raised by single mothers. It's another very good predictor of IQ.

As I said in an earlier post, multiple environmental factors interact with your genetics and together contribute toward determining IQ. I'm not gonna claim I know how important the different factors are.

People at the cutting edge of their research fields are still working on that ;)

Like, get really good at minesweeper and sudoku and crossword puzzles and shit, and once you burn that process and manner of thinking into your head, you become a genius, yo.
It's not just one out of multiple aspects and facets of an iq test, and one of the portions that is decently easy to study for and become marginally better at. Besides you're just not white, you know?

[spoiler]is it C?[/spoiler]

Yes. But your inability to use spoilers still qualifies you as a nigger. Sorry.

huh
I was having trouble with it, until I figured that instead of making patterns out of the black circles- you should make patters out of the white circles

LOL

where did you get these images from btw

a book, it's something white people read.

which book
there are lots of books.

Yes, but again, the causality can be the other way round. Lower IQ (of the parents obviously) can be a good predictor of kids being raised by single parents.

Yes. Correct.
Genetics and environment interact in a non-linear way to influence some aspects of intelligence. The more heritable some aspects of IQ are, the more they are influenced by culture.

That's what Dr Kees-Jan Kan's research shows anyway.

Is this one of the new captcha busting AIs or just a literal shitskin intellectual?

You arent white in the slightest, full arab. You also look genuinely autistic.

Where are you from?

>being this retarded
whiter than you mohammed

In the greatest examples perfecting diet, upbringing and education has about a 12 point benefit. Thats about the difference between sub saharan blacks and US blacks as a case in point. They are still woefully behind.

Europe. Just travelling, hence the ip.
Fuck winter.

Indeed. Perhaps a child watching their parents, notices they are uneducated and stupid and thus the child rebels and devotes themselves to a life of learning and study. Sometimes bad examples are the best ones we could have. Nature does not work in straight lines.

Just like how there is no female "Mozart", because there is also no female "Jack the Ripper".

Question for Sup Forums

If race and IQ are linked, does that explain why you're so jealous of jewish people? If IQ is fixed and can't be changed, why not just admit that jews are better and always will be.

The way the weather's been you might just as well say 'fuck summer'. How long are you staying?

But they aren't smarter. Presbyterians have higher IQs

Three answers:
1. Not everyone on Sup Forums dislikes jews
2. IQ isnt everything, a group can be smart but with other awful traits, like sexual perversion, lying and cowardice, hatred of principles and justice, curly black hair.
3. A lot of Sup Forums are shitskins who hate jews specifically for being better than them.

How is it in SA? Aren't you scared niggers will eat you alive?

This. A good run down of the topic. While I certainly don't turn a blind eye to IQ and race being linked, the subject is far more complex than average IQ across certain races.

Peterson has great videos on this, from his personality lectures out of the UofT here

youtube.com/watch?v=D7Kn5p7TP_Y&index=16&list=PL22J3VaeABQApSdW8X71Ihe34eKN6XhCi

He's pointed out that you can't raise an indiciduals IQ, you can only hinder it in some way, things like malnutrition really hurt IQ a lot and goes some way to explaining why places like Africa might have considerably lower IQs on average, just due to the huge amounts of socioeconomic factors that drag IQ down.

It does seem like larger populations like this can have their IQ improved across the aggregate by simply solving hunger/malnutrition for example.

No you absolute brainlets, B is correct. And it doesn't fucking matter which color you focus on.

Wrong, already covered in thread.

This shows the gap closes as you solve a lot of the socioeconomic problems, which basically means that race differences account for some of the gap but not all of it. I don't think anyone is saying that there's no correlation with race, just that the effect is usually overblown by racists who want to explain away the difference purely by race alone. It's more complex than that.

It's a bit frustrating because the left is telling us that everyone is the same and you can train anyone to do anything, and the right is typically saying stupid people are lazy or that its down to race. And both are ideologically driven positions that are wrong. The truth is something more subtle that lays between those 2 extremes.

Jew are incredibly smart. But look at their 4000 year track record of what they have done with this gift. Charity, humility, good-will, fortitude, all lost on these people. Compare this to the works of some white europeans caught a wiff of some jewish zombie cult.

Peterson is good, don't misunderstand me, I like his lectures and watched most of them.

Nonetheless there are clear signs that there are racial averages of personality traits. Blacks are more confident than other races, asians being the least. In the west most minorities vote left. It is much more rare to find a black person who is a conservative, than a white.

Africa has a naturally lower IQ, and indeed famine contributes to that. Their society as well, is more primitive, their languages more direct, without tact of most kind.

Even if they are raised in the west, (bantus) their IQ would not be higher than 85 on average.
It is quite interesting, as pygmies and kohisan have lower IQs, but are two of the most peaceful people on the planet (no wonder they are enslaved by bantus).

With the African population, the problem is that handouts do not fix the problem, only multiply it. More food and money means higher reproduction, more diseases and even more famine. It literally is a problem which feeds itself. Also, as the population is on average 85 (dependent on country), at least half of it is below 85, and a lot are close to 70. These people will not think about AIDS or how to prevent infanticide. They will simply ask the witch doctor what to do.

Cannibalism, witchery and shamanism, rituals, sacrifice are still prevalent in Africa, and we see the rise of it in Europe as well (migrants).

WRONG. This graph just shows that a lot of really stupid niggers are given fake government and AA jobs. The niggers on the high end of the income scale are just given money because they are niggers, not because their abilities and accomplishments are at the same level as whites of equal income. You can bet your last dollar that 90% of nigger families with incomes over $100,000 have government "jobs".

Molymeme is an idiot, so chances are the video is full of shit.

t. Schwarz Kraut