After years sitting in my backlog I decided to start watching the Gundam franchise UC, where do I start...

after years sitting in my backlog I decided to start watching the Gundam franchise UC, where do I start? the tv series or the movie trilogy?

series

for an added bonus of fun you can watch Gundam by in universe date rather than by the date they were animated.

skip double zeta

either, but TV is better

Watch the series and then the movies when you start feeling the slog

thanks I'll watch the series then
I'll go with this order
Z
char's counterattack
0080 war in the pocket
0083 stardust memory
the 08th ms team
unicorn
the origin

did I choose the best ones? Did I make some huge mistakes in the watching order?

08th ms team was amazing cel animation

In universe order would be Origin, 0079, 0080, 08th MS Team, IGLOO, then the movies, 0083, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, Unicorn, F91, Turn A.

take out 08th ms team, it is garbage
the origin is pretty bad and is a horrible choice to end on
also I would at least give ZZ a shot to see If you can stomach it

Watch Thunderbolt.
Watch Igloo if you can stomach the CGI.
Watch F91 and Victory if you feel like watching late UC.

I see that ZZ is missing in your list.
You are going to watch it right?
I liked it better than Zeta

F91 being a movie makes it pretty easy to watch, theoretically. But because it's full of wacky Tomino and a super condensed plot, it feels about 4 hours long.

thanks for that. I enjoy gundam but never to the degree of following that line of logic

There's a Guide on /m/ nigger.

>08th garbage

fuck you and your shit taste senpai

>tfw i cant get past 10 episodes of zz

why?

im down to the last 10 of Zeta and the team rocketesque theme is wearing me down

Moon Moon

>Skipping ZZ

Why don't you like Haman-sama?

I really got really tired of the characters shit by the end of zeta and the ZZ got better as time goes along.
The colony arc is pretty shit, especially Beecha and Mondo, but they become pretty cool by the end.
Beecha pulls a Katz and you know what happens?
He admits his mistake learns from it and never does it again.

> sending this poor lad to /m/

For shame user. Not even as a prank

shitty Romeo and Juliet plot with a horrible Vietnam overtones.

I am sorry user it is you with the shit taste. MS IGLOO accomplishs everything that 08th ms team tries to do without even trying

They will be gone soon and by the time they come back they will be completely different characters due what happens to them.

IGLOO comes before 0079 friendo

It's that or google.
But OP chose the queers way.

I just ate so there isnt much room for me to stomach shit but since its been a month, i'll at least muddle through 3. dont even remember where I left off

0079->Z->CCA are the core series.
ZZ kind of gets snubbed and although many people claim that it's because it's more comedic tone is jarring I suspect it's mostly because it doesn't really directly relate to the ongoing story of the other installments.
Watch 0079 and Zeta first and then decide on your own what you want to watch next. Just have in mind that Zeta is also very tonally different from 0079 or rather from pretty much anything most people have watched. Don't force it and then complain that it's shit or something like that.
For CCA I can say the same thing as for Zeta except more so.
You can watch 0080,0083 and the 08th MS team at any point. They stand on their own and are generally newfag-friendly.
Unicorn and The Origin are just bad fanfiction.

>Watch Thunderbolt.

a note on this btw. there is a compressed release " December sky" and a 4 part. Theyre pretty much the same thing except after the great reception of the 4 parter( released first) they mashed them up into december sky and added a minute or 2 more to segway over into a now greenlit 2nd "season". Its also considered a stand alone gundam as far as involvement in UC