I don't like Cowboy Bebop. Is there something wrong with me?

I don't like Cowboy Bebop. Is there something wrong with me?

No, I didn't like it either. But compare to the rest of anime I can see why it's still consider the best.

too many episodes felt like filler and the only thing connecting the episodes was they had the same characters. Episodic series usually lead to lack of engagement and Cowboy Bebop didn't do a whole lot to try and stifle that side-effect. When the episodes are not filler and actually progress the characters, setting, or plot, they are very good.

If you actually disliked it then maybe yes, otherwise not really.

You're not supposed to like it, that's why it's deep

I watched some Youtube video claiming that the show is ultimately about the characters being, lost, out of place and clinging onto their past.
Me personally, I can't remeber anything from the other than the episode with the space truck driver. It's just that fucking forgetable to me
I was alright with it when I watched it but it left no impact on me
Is that some kind of a meme

Long as you don't call it bad then it's fine.

It enjoyed it but I wouldn't put it in my top 20 or something. For a show that aired in 1998 it was pretty fucking solid though.

I didn't hate, no, I was just left unimpacted by it, it didn't affect me

Also, the time it was aired doesn't matter, a truly good art always stands the test of time

No, to each their own.

I think I actually felt the same way about it the first time, although there were episodes I enjoyed and the soundtrack is iconic. I preferred champloo, then i vastly preferred dandy to both. Maybe it just got drilled into my head after watching videos on the themes and learning of it's overall impact but I did enjoy it more the 2nd time when I came back.
The movie is also a good 90 min, kind of tarantino snapshot to show to friends even if they don't really like animu

p.s me personally, i loved this film

there's nothing universally liked here, you're bound to dislike some Sup Forums classics

But something way better came out in 1998...

oh, then I'm gonna watch the movie, I too heard it's great. I personally prefer anime movies to anime series

Yes

I really think Cowboy Bebop is better than Trigun

Meh, to each his own, I have an affinity for goofballs, rather than cool guys

Its pretty much the cast that made Cowboy Bebop better for me than Trigun and also that Spike was way more of a normal person than Vash

well, Vash isn't even human

I meant the constant urge to save everyone around him

that's what ______/ss/____ makes to your brain

I usually watch it at least once a year simply because its that good to me as well as to pick up all the things you dont catch and the themes you dont see when you only see it once or twice. I'm a huge sucker for anything that has a foundation in music and so far cowboy bebop has been the best I have see that really takes the integration of musical themes into it. I'm not just talking about how ever episode is named after a different style or the other obvious things but themes that are deeper like how the main characters represent a different styles of jazz, thus the name Bebop. Also how its set in the future world but that's not the whole focus of the show like Dandy for example. I do understand its not for everyone though and can see how it can feel a bit dull at times but the fact that you're able to appreciate it for what it is proves there's nothing wrong with you.

I think it's boring. Its episodic nature completely destroys any enjoyment I could get from it because I don't care about the characters, so I can't even watch it for the plot. The only good episode IMO is mushroom samba.
Also I think that the party members being separated near the end is very anticlimatic. Everybody is removed from the story so Spike's subplot can be finished. It was a cheap way to make the viewer feel sad about the end.

Yes.
Spike makes it 10/10 already.

It's one of the best I've seen. But there is nothing wrong in disliking it, taste is taste

I think its pretty hard to appreciate just how damn delicious the animation in Bebop is if you watched it after the digital age. Especially for a TV anime of the time