Aoi Bungaku

Anyone seen Aoi Bungaku?

Why are they butchering NLH? What the fuck is this?

I only watched the episodes my waifu directed

How did they butcher it?

You mean, vastly improving on it.

Youzo in the book was an insincere womanizer. It was clear everything he did was just to garner phony attention.

Youzo in the show seems like he doesn't have a thought in his head. Nothing's calculated.

Oh, and did I mention pic related?

Audiovisual mediums are not the same as books, I'm fine with the artistic liberties they took with the adaptation, it ended up being a better anime because of it. I particularly like that character you posted, it's a nice way to show self-hatred without narration or some other cheap narrative device.

Ayy lmao

Run Melos! is the best part anyway.

*Hell screen

Ftfy

Is Run Melos! the best example of an anime women will never understand?

No. Legend of the Blue Wolves is.

I recently rewatched it and my favourite ended up being Kokoro.

I've actually just finished 3 days ago.
Run, Melos is the best one, best tear-jerker I've ever seen.
Also K didn't deserve to be backstabbed so badly.

If anything, Usamaru Furuya's version of NLH is the worst.

No, because while Run Melos is animekino it's also fujoshit. They even had the mangaka of prince of tennis do the designs and his series are quintessential fujobait.

I wish they would release the soundtrack. I want to hear the full version of Nana's song.

Ah, I recently just read Kokoro. Loved the fuck out of it.

>women will never understand x
I still don't understand this meme.

>Also K didn't deserve to be backstabbed so badly.
>not sympathizing with Sensei
You're heartless.

Or maybe I'm just pathetic.

See
for clues

Anything that involves self-sacrifice or fighting for something trascendent is considered to be a piece that women can't understand. Pretty much all art worthwhile is out of women's reach, or that is the meme at least.

Yeah, the book is better, still fantastic series. I wish there were more anime like this.

More literature anime would be great instead of light novel shit

Shin Sekai Yori got an adaptation.
And Edogawa Ranpo's books have 2.
I think Hibikek is also based on a novel that is not an LN.

Hibikek might as well be an LN. it's garbage.

Adding to this list Tatami Galaxy is adapted from a novel and it's as good as SSY and Aoi Bungaku
Uchouten Kazoku is also adapted from a book, but I haven't finished so I can't make a judgement on its quality.

Also Joker Game.

World Masterpiece Theater as studio entirely dedicated to adapting classic literature.

Is it any good? I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

No Longer Human wasn't even that good of a book desu. I liked the anime much more. Also "what is an adaptation?"

>no longer human wasn't that good of a book desu
Yes it was though

They butchered every single story, though. I know their intentions were probably not bad but literature should stay literature.

I bet you hated the Hobbit films as well.

>just to garner phony attention
You didn't understand the book is all I've gathered.

I did, but I think you're assuming that I didn't like them because they weren't direct adaptations. That's not why I thought this anime was butchered and also not why I thought the Hobbit movies sucked.

How can any intelligent person not hate The Hobbit trilogy? I wish I had saved those god awful webms of them, to use them as proof of how terrible those movies are.

I'm not saying Youzo wanted the attention truly. But on the surface level he was the attention seeking clown (at least in his younger years). Obviously he didn't fit in and felt out of place (hence 'ningen shikaku') which is why he acted the fool to begin with.

Are you retarded or did you just misunderstand me?