Describe the theme and main message for Vinland Saga

Describe the theme and main message for Vinland Saga.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorfinn_Karlsefni
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Viking berserk and war can corrupt even the purest of shotas

Rape as much women as possible while you are young to spread your seed. Then when you become older settle down, shun your previous violent ways and marry a cute tomboy waifu. This time you can raise you children too, and ensure that they follow in your footsteps.

Change, moving on, and the journey

You can't change human nature.

Thorfag will die in the end, right after breaking the NAP and initiating force against other people one final time.

It's a Christian Redemption tale, common in the West but rare in Japan

Hild and Leif are the only christians in the group tho.

Man, I want Hild to be the endgame, but historically we already know that Thorfinn marries Gudrid. So unless they pull a switcharoo on us and it turns out Wide Eyes is the historical Thorfinn, it can't happen.

Admittingly, so far Wide Eyes interacts with Gudrid more than Thorfinn does currently.

But Thorfinn is a historical figure. Same as Canute.

I'm not saying they all have to convert. I'm saying the redemptive story arc being told is one that has roots in Christian literature

There are two Thorfinns.

Ah, fair enough.

Yeah I don't really see that many redemption stories like this in manga. Especially that actually take the time to fully establish what the character is being redeemed for instead of it just being backstory.

>But Thorfinn is a historical figure

Nei det er han ikke.

...Yes he is?

The story has given us 2 thorfinns, so the explorer could be either one of them, but (a) Thorfinn and Gudrid are historical figures.

"Remember, you have no enemies."

>Impliserer

That's because their common theme is mono no aware. The whole, I wish this would last forever cherry blossoms thing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorfinn_Karlsefni

Nei.

Ta deg sammen.

>en.

Adventure is the prize!

You can't just kill your way out of your problems.

What does that have to do with redemption stories?

You can't just run away from them either.

Crops take a loooooong time to grow

More like fields take forever to deforest

Hox, when is the new chapter?

PTSD Kurt Cobain trying to make ends meet in the age of Vikings

Vikings are awesome.