Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/piyomilk13/status/835457455513464832
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I still don't understand what's happening in this show

So fucking good. I love it.

Time for AotS.

Finally. Been waiting all day.

>you call that a penis?

Fucking finally. Let's see if Khara pulls its first AOTS or not.

Thanks, OP.

>This short got an actual anime
AH SHIT
HYPE AS FUCK
Why is nobody talking about it? If the anime is even half as good as the short this should be fucking #1

I don't remember the short that well but I don't think it had as much CG.
The background art is still amazing and the story is pretty good, I need to start the last episode though.

theyre dentists of a dragon

It ended allright, why did the bad guy had the weird superpower though?

oooh rah time to marathon boiiiiz

Is this supposed to look like Seele?

S 2

W H E N
H
E
N

?

the last exile sequel we've been waiting for

Typical rejected JRPG writing.

Does anyone know if the show is >720p?

As a whole it was just okay, but the cavity sequence with Bell's voiceover, and the very last snippet, they were both extremely beautiful and I cried.
That shit got kind of weird though.

The Mushi girl diving into the dragon's tooth was pretty great too.

Everything about her experiences inside the tooth were one wild fucking ride. Just what you'd expect from the new master, Mr Tsurumaki.

Why didn't Nonoko's death happen?

Just finish those fucking Rebuilds already so he can work on something interesting again. This Godzilla break has been a godsend.
Did his participation in LWA ended up being false news anyway?

Because that blonde fucker that kills her is still a kid without murderous intentions. She has some years left.

I wanted to fucking scream when I saw him. Talk about some tragic implications, despite his brief portrayal.

>he's still butthurt about the Rebuilds

The Rebuilds are the worst waste of talent the industry has ever seen. They're not even worth getting butthurt about, just a pointless waste.

this is more deaths than the third impact, holy shit.

Anno was the dubbing and sound director.

The sound in the scene in which Shibana goes into the tooth is amazing. Sasuga, Anno.

I anticipate people moaning about the CGI in this but I think Khara are beginning to really grasp how to use CGI for character animation tastefully, certainly more than some other studios. They're getting the balance right, it's a shame that they end up resorting to it, but if they have to, at least they'd do it well.

Their previous efforts were already pretty good, but there'd always a sort of separation from their proper works where it's presented like "this is just a little experiment in CGI character animation" that justifies it being wholly CGI, rather than specific CGI scenes amongst traditional animation. I mean for example the beginning of Eva 3.33 when the shots in that giant cockpit necessitated the characters be CGI and even that looked a little wrong for the Eva franchise which had already embraced using it for mecha animation.

I mean the only really terrible stand out in this was when they for some reason used the CG horses for so simple an action as stooping their head to drink water. The characters riding horses looked decent, when they were crawling on the wings of the plane that looked good too, the huge swathes of soldiers were pulled off fine. It works when there's so much movement that you don't get a chance to keep track of the details and catch its flawless, sterile nature.

Also as a by-product of all this, I'm guessing there will be people who think Okiura's scene was CGI too.

This was a masterpiece, why is nobody talking about this?

Khara's digital team has been improving steadily, though I'm not a fan of their liberal switching back-and-forth between 2D and CG animation. The CG shots are mostly good, but the difference with the 2D animation is still obvious and until they can find a way to sort this out, it'll be rather distracting to watch.

Because I have no idea what this is. Downloading now though I guess.

It's a two-part TV special based on the first Animator Expo short that aired in late 2014. You probably should watch the original short first just to get a feel of the prototype.

I went in blind, would recommend going straight to the special.

Episode 3 when

Halfway through the first episode, I don't know what to make of this show

second episode sucked dick. half this shit made no sense, and the CGI was terrible.

Oh, this is airing now?

I loved this show, especially this little part. It's a great character moment and mirrors their relationship.

So if I understand right it's over already? Why not just release a movie?

I concur

Special is only like 6 minutes, really doesn't make much difference whether or not you watch it. Surely doesn't detract from it though.

What happened to Bell's corpse? There was no blood on the stairs or anything

That was some heavy shit.

I was not prepared.

>i bet the mushi did this

the teeth took him back in

What was the deal with the whole war?
Are there other dragons?
Why did the villain have magical bullet deflecting powers?
Why was the villain after the wisdom tooth?

One of my favorite moments in the episode, just a beautiful touch.

Not only these questions, but why did they bother to add the random future hop in the beginning? If it had touched further on the war, or had been touched upon again itself, it wouldn't have felt so disconnected.
I really enjoyed the episode, but the writing could have used a lot of work.
Bell and Nonoko are both miracles of the universe, by the way.

that future skip was weird desu.
Also, where were all passengers beforehand? They just somehow appeared after the lightning strike.

I didn't like Bell that much, it felt like Tsurumaki was unable to expand this into a bigger story without sticking another literally Shinji in there.

>What was the deal with the whole war?

The backdrop of the series is WW2 themed war.

>Are there other dragons?

Yes.

>Why did the villain have magical bullet deflecting powers?

It isn't explained if he either has god tier luck or something actually protecting him.

>Why was the villain after the wisdom tooth?

Blanco does not approve of the unnatural shit the dragons do like bringing people back to life. Breaking the tooth ends the contract between humans and that dragon.

Yeah, that part with the passengers appearing out of nowhere was super weird. I wonder if it was an artistic choice or just a slip up.
Did Tsurumaki write this? I thought he only directed it.

kek
twitter.com/piyomilk13/status/835457455513464832

Describe this show to me in 3 words before I watch it.

Words you can't use are:

The, Dragon and Dentist.

This reminded me of Koji Morimoto's Genius Party short

>Genius Party
Thanks user, I saw a bit of that a while ago and couldn't remember the name. I'll go download that soon.

>Forgot this was today
>Check RSS feed
>Already there
Thanks for reminding me OP

Based Studio Khara

I'm Lebanese and in arabic Khara means shit so I'm not really convinced yet.

what's going on

Nonoko is cute

Time to watch then.

I had mixed feelings about the first one, animator short aside, because of the characters and themes. Also because of the change in character design and art. And I know this is probably culturally related so I might not quite 'get it' the way the Japanese viewer is supposed to but just see this shit as a cliche, and a retarded one.

First off the male MC is yet another absolutely meek character, sure they present him as having some backbone on the subject that's gnawing at him, namely death, when he speaks up against the dentist's way of looking at it. But here's another guy that gets kicked over by a girl and spends a good portion of the anime whimpering, I get that he's seen some shit but I'm tired of the 'lets make the character spineless and' physically underdeveloped because we think that modern boys will connect with that' meme.

The second, and larger, problem I had with it was another anime cliche: accept your fate, take your place in the particular society around you, its rules are good and there's merit in living by them and by the way it's all centered around work ethic and you literally work until you die without complaint. I mean I know this is east Asia we're talking about but come on; the main villain is someone who thinks that living like a working robot and passively accepting your (likely) untimely death at work, without ever struggling against any of this, question it, or without trying to better your prospects. Now her way of doing it was villainous but that's almost besides the point. It's just that same old 'obey society, fit in, don't rock the boat and work hard' meme that gets passed off as meaning a character has reached maturity or adulthood and is in the right. I'm pretty tired of seeing it, and variants of it, all the time.

This is all a shame because the setting is pretty cool and I like the supernatural and fantasy adventure aspects of it.

>dragon ate the typhoon
What a nice dragon.

>sound director
Good stuff. The firefight here sounded good with different sound used than usual generic rifle or smg sound and dat distance shots.

I'd lean towards artistic choice, since the woman was engrossed in her work, and then later announced that she wasn't going to get any more work done.

>still haven't watched the first one even though I downloaded it when it came out
If it was one of the other shorts I would have no problem spending an hour and a half watching an extended version, but I didn't really care about this one. Is it still worth watching? I don't even remember what happened, just that they were like weeding out new recruits by making them have near-death experiences and come back from it.

Wtf was the villain trying to do. and why he have bullshit power

Why space dandy dude such a gary stu

Shinji annoying as ever

Nonoko is just Koto from kyousogiga.

Show sucks.

>Tsurumaki and Anno in the creative staff
Of course it is worth watching.

Post some webms of Bell being cute or that kinda lewd close-up to nonoko's lips

Gonna need the time user because I'm still watching the episode while webm-ing parts.

This is lewd done right. The tongue kissing scene is lewd done horribly wrong.

Disgusting CG.

Finally finished watching.
Fucking 10/10 AOTY, despite the CG.

>10/10
>despite

I don't think you know what 10/10 means.

Wow rude.

Ohira reference? Khara confirmed for bros.

>Why did the villain have magical bullet deflecting powers?
My initial theory was that he was a dentist gone rogue, so it wasn't his time, but if that was the case he should have seen it coming at the stairs with Belle. Unless he thought removing the tooth would somehow save him.

I thought this was pretty good

The CGI was a little too much at times but the ending sequence was incredible

Better than EVA

Artistic merit is less important than execution as a whole. Nothing flawless exists.

This sequence was awesome

Ao Oni reference? Khara confirmed for bros.

Source?

What would you rate this if there wasn't any jarring CG? If either way you rate them the same, then the CG doesn't actually affect your opinion.

Am I the only one getting a heavy MeMeMe! vibe from this sequence?

Hahah, what the fuck.

woah, I had no idea this was a series. I saw the ova just a few months ago

This was terrible. I expected better from Tsurumaki. Only the tooth scene was remotely good.

Correct. Would it have been better without the CG? Absolutely. Would it have changed the score I give it? No.
That I can rate it 10/10 even with the cg, is me trying to say it is fantastic despite things that could be better.
What's not to get?