Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Where can I even go from here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hryo6H57y6I
pastebin.com/TYFvHde5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nowhere. This was the highest point of your existence. You can just kill yourself now.

Will there ever be another show with such good reaction images?

should have stopped when the mc died.

Reinhard ruined the whole fucking series holy fuck

But Oberstein died in the last episode.

How do we go from this...

...to this?

Downwards.
You can go downwards.

but julian didn't die.

Tytania. It's basically Legend of Galactic Heroes but all about the Galactic Empire and with better ship battles.

>Implying dogs don't eat chickens
It's all because Reinhard failed to root out the Terraists every single fucking time.

Julian's not the MC, that's just revisionist propaganda from future """historians""".

anyone have that pic on how to into LoGH?
I've put it off for long enough, I need to start downloading it

Pardon my retardation, apparently I saved it.

Your pic already answers your question.

To be honest, I was bored by those movies. The 110-episode OVA is where the real meat is.

And if downloading is a problem for you, then you should be aware that the whole series is on YouTube.

That's super outdated. The novels are now available in English, with the really shitty post-2000 covers that look nothing like the originals or the anime. Iserlohn is a Trade Federation battleship, for example.

The translation is poor to middling though. Way too literal, and I speak as someone who likes to preserve honorifics and doesn't translated itadakimasu. It's super stilted in English.

The image is also missing the relaunched manga, which sort of starts from A Hundred Billion Stars and is very, very shoujo.

Downloadings not a problem, I'm just looking through nyaa trying to figure out which to download. I'd like to see the first 2 movies at least if they set up or are relevant to the 110 episodes.
I didn't really plan on reading anything, as far as the shows go is it still fairly on point?

Can you provide some examples of the official novel translations you are displeased with? I've been considering picking them up for some casual reading, but I feel like I should just watch the anime again if I want to re-live LOGH.

>as far as the shows go is it still fairly on point?
Yes.

The movies have a little overlap with the beginning of the series, and a little contradiction too. Nothing major, like ___ dying in one and living in the other. ___ still dies in both, but the circumstances of their death are slightly different. Minor stuff, that sort of thing.

he is the only character that can pilot spartans, fight and command at the same time while being the youngest.

>I didn't really plan on reading anything, as far as the shows go is it still fairly on point?
There are some differences. Attenborough is totally unique to the OVA; supposedly he's there because they didn't want Yang to monologue 90% of his scenes like in the novel.

Maximilian, frantic over the threat to his main stronghold, was negligent in protecting his rear. Kircheis, having hidden his fleet in a treacherous region of an asteroid belt, let them go past, then launched a sudden assault on their undefended back side, delivering a devastating blow.

Maximilian withdrew from the field of battle, only to be murdered at the hands of subordinates hoping to lighten their own punishments. His remaining forces then surrendered.

Thus the Kastropf rebellion came to a swift ending

While they're on Odin, Poplan points out that being a jack of all trades means he's a master of none.

Alright, I'll still get the movies then. As far as the main series goes, I've heard the BD's changed some things that were on the LD's or made them look worse or something.
Basically, which torrent should I be looking for?

>or made them look worse or something.
Which looks worse to you, the left or the right?

Hm, I see what you mean. The wording is a little stiff, but military records are generally like that. Is dialog between characters as stiff as this?

Right

Came here to say that OP 3 is the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hryo6H57y6I

How can other OPs compete?

the main character always has multiple skills and is very versatile.

>tfw you'll never see Alex or Felix grow up & hear about Yang

Sorry, but tonight fah you I puray to the blightest staw on the heavenry scream.

Right. LoGH was never a good looking series(excepting the movies), and there is no need for it to be.

It's not great prose in translation, but let's be honest; you watch so much subbed anime that it barely strikes you as awkward anymore.

The story still comes through and it's worth reading, but it's obviously a translation.

I'm watching the OVA of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and I just got done watching the episode where the scheming Phezzani schools the lady-killer in chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns of history! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later gaidens continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on an animu, and I think I can confidently say Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the Engrish is amazing. The FPA anthem and fourth OP do a great job sounding authentic.

The show in its later years looked good. It was kind of jarring going back to the first episodes.

gAnd also what he said after his life had been saved by drinking that coffee?h gWhat did he say?h g?eI canft stand coffee. Wouldfve been nice if youfd made it tea.f?h Feeling the start of a fit of laughter coming up, Yang cleared his throat loudly to drive it from his body. gDid I say such a rude thing?h gYes, you certainly did. As you were crushing the empty paper cup in your hand.h gIs that so? I apologize. You need to find a better use for that memory of yours, though.h The words sounded reasonable enough, though they were nothing more than sour grapes. Frederica had once discovered six slides out of fourteen thousand taken of Iserlohn in which the pre- and postbattle images did not match; she had proven already how valuable her powers of memory could be.

>holograms instead of the classic board

NANI!?

I prefer the Laserdisc to the BDs. The BDs have major animation/design shifts that are really jarring since the color palette and shading completely changes.

It's just very stiff. Descriptions of things that happen, especially the "tell not show" parts that gloss over things, are really dry. The dialogue ranges from overly formal to overly casual without a care. And it's hard to tell characters apart based on their dialogue.

That's how it always is.

Dammit, it's hard to transfer from Nook reader to Sup Forums post. Here's a screenshot.

This is just a very minor peeve, but I hate how there's a lot of mixing of "fleet" and "regiment" interchangeably, and how the rank systems have completely changed translations from Central-Anime's translation. It was really, really disturbing the first time reading it because they were overly complex.

I like how different some of the characters are though. Like, Bucock is a sarcastic, vinegary old man who doesn't like Yang at first but still sticks up for his achievements until Amlitzer, when he becomes one of his allies afterwards.

What's coming in 2017?

Fujoshi.

Don't forget the upcoming remake!

He was litreally the best part of the show bait-kun. But it would've been better if all the SEIG KAISAH REINHARDOs and the lack of the if only he were here guy corrupted Reinhard a bit.

>Senior admiral
Who translated this shit?

I just finished this too.

am i a faggot for crying in the last two episodes?

ftfy

So, just how bad are we expecting the new adaption to be?

Whores and booze, your anime existence is complete

Yang-teitoku...

Watch Gaiden, it's fun seeing Reinhard as a soldier. Plus more Kircheis.

The redraws make it looks like some american cartoon. Really jarring sometimes.

Pretty sure some old American cartoons (Transformers, G.I. Joe, and I really want to say Thundercats, etc.) were animated by Japanese studios.

pastebin.com/TYFvHde5

It's the flatter shading and blockier jaws/faces.

Oops meant for

Only like a handful of people has ever finished Tytania.

Even if it isn't anime, you can try watching the Three Kingdoms 2010 live action TV series, it has a very similar feel of historical grandeur and ensemble cast.

I liked Yokoyama Mitsuteru's manga of 3K. Even if the art's old as fug.

Should i read sam kok instead?

Post best boys

>Oh, I'm so depressed, I'm such a bad guy, all those people are dead because of me.
>Let's have sex.
Seriously though, what did Herr Kaiser mean by this?

You know, it would be absolutely hilarious if she was Obestein's daughter or something.

It would make his moment on the wedding even worse.

>Felix, did I ever tell you about the time that your father started a pointless rebellion, got 3 million of his own soldiers killed and 3 million more arrested, in addition to the millions of my own troops who died for no reason?
>He was a good friend.

Heh

A thing I found lacking in LoGH is that issue of robotics and AIs, they are simply inexistent in the setting.

What the hell is wrong with you

Nothing, its the far future with space battleships, I don't any mission control talking with ground troops while they do the mission, most of the non-mc battleships are all similar or the same, no lore or talk about the construction or the enterprises that make the ships and weapons, there wasn't much tech advance shown besides an admiral synching several engines to make Geiserberg Fort be able to move.

Also, no drones and other automatic defences, nothing about science experiments and other advances being discovered, also very of little of other planets (besides Odin and Heinessen) and its people are shown besides that one planet that Empire forced to play scorched earth and the graveyard world.

Belive it or not, I feel like the OVA was rushed as fuck, or the author didn't do much world building, the OVA should be at least 250+ episodes, you may disagree over the issue of pacing, but I felt like the lore is barebones, we only got a rundown of the Kaisers, I would enjoy seeing more of Trunhilt's backstory and his predecessors that occupied the chairmen post.

>The thread dies

Empire uses only pure aryan breed of warriors to fight because they are proud and FPA is too incompetent to make A.I. soldiers so they use women

The Thread did not return

Is that author's answer?

Are those drones with wheels and a gun or drones like US has too complicated, but battleships and shit aren't?

I hope the new installment expands the lore.

That moment made me die inside, I thought they were going to win.

>the if only he were here guy

You know, when I watched the show that whole business didn't even seem too annoying to me, but in the novel it's really insane how often that "if only he was here"-shit is brought up.

When are we getting the remake?

It's because it was written by Japanese sinoboo in the 70s and 80s before glorious internet.

Well, besides spaceships, the telephones resemble skype calls but more casualised.

Romance of the three kingdoms.
I, Claudius.

Unironically, nowhere. You've just watched the ultimate anime.

News about the new anime when?

Here's some olds: It'll suck.

Remake will be most of the cast is female and it's Yangss harem with lots of yuribait on the Empire side.

Greenhill > Mariendorf
Superior MC has superior waifu