In this thread we discuss why Makishima Shougo did nothing wrong

In this thread we discuss why Makishima Shougo did nothing wrong.

tru

He murdered innocent people and enabled other murderers.

All for a good cause.

Not particularly. When he started he didn't even realize society was being controlled by a brain farm, he just wanted to watch it all burn because he was a lonely edgelord.

A good cause my ass. In the end he didn't give a shit about changing the system, he just wanted to cause chaos and have a good competition.

We just watched a revolutionary in the making. Wow. He actually changed his agenda as the show progressed. Unlike the moecop and the revenge-obsessed retard. Sasuga Butcher?

Shogo did everything wrong, but he just wanted to find a real human bean in a world of fakes. The irony being he himself was also a fake, standing atop second hand knowledge and a world where he had everything, and thus, nothing.

He didn't change his agenda, he just found a new excuse to be a huge piece of shit.

He did plenty wrong, and that's one of PP's greatest strengths. It's never just a clear cut dystopian future story where society is completely corrupt and evil and the rebels who fight against it are pure hearted freedom fighters. It shows us the flaws with the Sibyl System and how it has made people overly reliant on technology and social order, but it also shows us the ways in which it has improved the overall quality of life of the population, and that most people are happy under it. It shows us that the ultimate wish of Makishima and his crew is a society where people have the freedom to make their own decisions and create their own creations, but it also shows us the dangers presented by people like Makishima being allowed to run wild without a system there to reign them in and stop them from hurting others.

But the system under Sybil actually allowed Makishima to do whatever he wanted. So that was another fallacy - relying on PP readings could never guarantee full safety and created new risks.

The sybil system is a shit and should have been disassembled.

It's a dystopian setting where the 'perfect system' is devised, is self-sustainable and becomes the rule, and everyone is ''''''happy'''''', but alas, its own "merits" are hated by the antagonist which may induce the end of society and the system itself, as discovered/prevented/helped by a character previously pampered by the system but who has recently developed doubts about it.

How fucking original.

You illiterate retards should read and watch more shit.

Did Psycho Pass rape you or something?

When a crossboarder like him uses quotation marks like that, I'd say yes.

>crossboarder
Oh yes, nu/a/'s secret club police doing excellent detective work.

This. At least kougami has some ideals to back starting his shit.

He was better as villain than Kirito

a good antagonist, i cant even remember whats-his-name from season 2

in somewhat related news mandatory happiness i coming out in PC next month

Psycho pass would have been great but was deliberately retarded because the producers thought the audience would have been too dull to understand it and fully appreciate it, and all that remains is occasional "intellectual" name drops.
They really should have pushed the heart of darkness themes more

He was a good antagonist because he used the established powers' system to fight itself and exploit the flaws in a system that claims to be perfect. Makishima has done horrible things to innocent people, but under a government that claims it's methods are final and the only way, he is resolved of wrong doing as long as he can get away with it. He had only done what was necessary to reveal the hypocrisy of Sybil. The fact that it was a collective of brains mattered little to his end goal and even reinforced it. An entity that wishes to be absolute absolves all others of any future condemnation and scapegoats itself. That is the truth about Sybil and Makishima whether moralfags like it or not. Kogami and Akane were too mild or comfortable to want to fix or change anything.

>the heart of darkness themes
Is that some fancy name for "evil" or are you actually referring to the Conrad novel?

Take a guess senpai, the novel was conspicuously placed as having been read by kogami after being hospitalized by makishima and I think it's pretty clear why it was chosen

It's actually a mildly bad case of name dropping though. Kurtz was originally a rotten apple. There was only one possible route for him. He went batshit insane because he was left unchecked for too long and lived in the middle of hell. He was used because he made a profit but he was completely free.
Kougami is nowhere near as demented and is not only on a tight leash but made, and acted upon, a single very clearly defined moral choice, to kill that fucker Makishima (and other wrong doers).

I thought the whole omg i've watched too much bad stuff = i'm going to become a criminal was over-used and a shitty motif to begin with. To be fair, the premise of the Psycho Pass being such an untouchable metric is laughable by itself. I mean, I know Japan doesn't believe in psychotherapy but what the hell, 50 years 400 super special brains later, and only a Mary Sue wonders if emotional trauma being equated to criminal intent might be too much of an overreaction?

Yeah the Sibyl brain shit is retarded and should have been left at minimum as a plot driver.
Kougami takes the place of Marlow and Makishima is Kurtz btw, Makishima and Kurtz did nothing wrong

That's the problem with name dropping though. It's fine if you use it as a somewhat loose motif, but that's as far as they could go if they wanted to pursue the Makishima/Kougami being rivals and equals.
Anyone slightly more familiar with Conrad would know that Marlow doesn't descend into madness or becomes a psychopathic killer after the events of Heart of Darkness. If you were to draw parallels between Kougami and Marlow, Kougami goes 'crazy' after his partner is killed and witnesses the true extent of human cruelty for the first time or whatever. Marlow has his first captaincy in Heart of Darkness, yet Kurtz, the 'horror' of the jungle and the malaria didn't affect him as much as seen at the beginning or the end of the book or other book where he's the MC as well.

Kougami rejects makishima's "madness" the whole show, in a mix of disgust and absolute respect. He wasn't crazy, he merely rejected Sibyl's morality just as Marlow did the callousness of the other colonialists. The crime coefficients aren't merely mental state, but an amalgamation of values which judges whether an individual is going to submit to Sibyl. Psycho pass wasn't able to convey half of what it should have been able to due to restrictions of either medium or circumstance within the industry, and what remains is clumsy name-dropping

The second season was the good one

get out.