White Christianity is in big trouble. And it’s its own biggest threat

archive.is/YFoe1

>Earlier this month, the Supreme Court heard a case from a baker who argued his Christian convictions led him to refuse to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple. Last week, we witnessed the spectacle of white Christians in Alabama who convinced themselves either that the man they hoped to elect as their senator was not so creepy around young girls as to get himself banned from a mall (fact check: he was), or that the behavior that got him banned is actually biblical in character, and therefore okay (exegesis check: it isn’t). In the end, 80 percent of white evangelicals voted for Moore.

>

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2OUQv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The Washington Post

>the absolute state of cr*stians

>wapo
nigger please

>It seems to be caused by the tight alliance of Christianity, especially conservative white Christianity, with conservative politics over the past several decades — an association itself driven by prophesies of a rising tide of godlessness in America after the 1960s. Those prophesies about the 1960s were wrong; but they fueled the alliance of white Christians with right-wing politics from the 1980s forward, and that alliance has repelled many younger people from religion out of a distaste at seeing religion so eagerly bend the knee to short-term political gain. That is to say, Christians’ response to a misperceived crisis have become, in fact, a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Liberal churches are dying out. Conservative ones are doing well.
If you follow the advice of this fucktard, not only will you betray your faith in order to get more popularity but you will fail at getting more popular.

Here is an article on the... Washington Post about this.
archive.is/2OUQv

That is what I have heard as well, pic relateds are dying while the hardcore ones are growing.

This is happening even inside Catholicism. Young Catholics are more traditional than older ones.

>wapo
cia pls

This is true even here in liberal MA. I know a female pastor at a church and she was literally kicked out for having a youth-targeted ultra-religious bent, WHICH WAS SUCCEEDING in increasing attendance numbers across the board. The resurgence is real, but hopefully not short-lived.

There are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who consider WaPo to be a credible source

pretty much every liberal media newspaper has their own version of this article.
guardian religion editor, andrew brown (who's an atheist, naturally) did one a couple months back on the Catholic Church

>catholics losing pew sitters
catholicism too conservative
catholic church must become less conservatibe to get more members
>even though i'm atheist i want catholic church to survive (by becoming more liberal, of corse)

it's the concern troll on steroids

JIDF is in full force today I see.

This happens in other places too. Trad priest starts something. It is successful and brings many young adults to Church. Old ass modernists in the high hierarchy stop it.

>you think this cant be real and then you see a pic like that

Sorry user

female vicars, paedophile priests.
church is a joke now.

>religious pedophiles are OK when they're brown
>not when they're white

Leftists need to get their shit in order.

But frankly, there's a difference between normal Christians and Christcucks, and Christcucks can't die out soon enough. In Europe, they represent most of Christianity. But given that this is WaPo nonsense, I'm assuming that actual Christians in America are doing just fine. Rags like this only ever post wishful thinking, trying to meme their ideal society into reality.

Me in a nutshell. My parents consider homosexuality a sin, but my father still has lesbian friends. I want to burn all of the LGBT at the stake.

Catholicism is shit

The Church of a Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the most Conservative church in America.

Talk to some missionaries, user.

>The myth of le based Christian